View Full Version : Fighters whose loss made you happy

1SILVA
12-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Shout out to poet whose post about laughing at the Tyson-Douglas fight gave me the idea for this thread. What fighters losses made you laugh and gave you enjoyment?

The following made me laugh:

Tyson-Douglas: never can forget him trying to put his mouthpiece in while getting counted out.
Jones-Tarver II and Jones-Johnson: twice in four months RJJ was put to sleep
Hamed-Barrera-hamed always claimed he was the best. After this fight, Naz was humble.
Corrales-Mayweather: A total embarrassment. Afterwards, Diego had the nerve to attack his father after he saved his son from the beating he was receiving.
Judah-Tszyu: My all-time favorite. Who could forget Zab doing the harlem Shuffle after being cold****ed with a perfect right hand. Then he had the nerve to attack the ref after the fight
Campbell-Peden I: nate stuck out his chin and was put to sleep.
Chavez-Wise I: Old Willie gave Julio cesar Salad a brutal ass kicking that night. I loved every minute of it

cotto16
12-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Shout out to poet whose post about laughing at the Tyson-Douglas fight gave me the idea for this thread. What fighters losses made you laugh and gave you enjoyment?

Tyson-Douglas: never can forget him trying to put his mouthpiece in while getting counted out.
Jones-Tarver II and Jones-Johnson: twice in four months RJJ was put to sleepHamed-Barrera-hamed always claimed he was the best. After this fight, Naz was humble.
Corrales-Mayweather: A total embarrassment. Afterwards, Diego had the nerve to attack his father after he saved his son from the beating he was receiving.
Judah-Tszyu: My all-time favorite. Who could forget Zab doing the harlem Shuffle after being cold****ed with a perfect right hand. Then he had the nerve to attack the ref after the fight
Chavez-Wise I: Old Willie gave Julio cesar Salad a brutal ass kicking that night. I loved every minute of it

Why the enjoyment at seeing legends get knocked out and battered?

1SILVA
12-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Why the enjoyment at seeing legends get knocked out and battered?

I respected the Chavez of the 80's, a man who was very humble and a gentleman. the Chavez of the 90's was an arrogant prick. He complained about Whitaker's style after they fought and he *****ed about being robbed when Randall thoroughly beat him. He gave de La Hoya no credit for the first fight.

Jones pissed me off when he stopped negotiating with Hopkins in what would have been a megafight after Hopkins destroyed Trinidad.

Both men are ATG;s, no doubt. But they both got to me, so I laughed when they lost.

oldgringo
12-05-2009, 03:17 PM
I enjoyed watching Hopkins kick the **** out of Felix Trinidad for 11.5 rounds. I felt it was payback for Trinidad beating up on Pernell.

I enjoyed watching Campbell get KTFO by Peden...acting like a ****y prick.

Any time Terry Norris got KTFO or stopped.

Antonio Margarito getting crushed by Shane Mosley made me happy.

prinzmanspoper
12-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Joe Frazier has given us some chuckles with his two mismatches against George Foreman,including running away from Foreman and getting clocked for his troubles.Quite hilarious I thought.Watching Oscar Bonavena manhandle Joe Frazier in their first fight was rather pleasing,but the terrible decision ruined the occasion.

I think it was justice that Hagler lost also,don't particularly dislike Hagler but at the time he was very ****y and arrogant and you could see how humiliated he was when the decision was announced.

Watching Marco Antonio Barrera get his arse kicked is always a joy to watch also.

Monkz
12-05-2009, 03:39 PM
The only recent fights i can remember was the Mosley-Margarito fight, seeing Mosley hit him every time put a smile on my face, and Haye-Valuev seeing big Val do that little dance was funny.

prinzmanspoper
12-05-2009, 03:43 PM
And who could possibly forget the time Paul Williams got schooled and exposed for the overrated,one dimensional force that he is when Quintana(his daddy) cut him up and gave us all a nice treat.

1SILVA
12-05-2009, 03:47 PM
I enjoyed watching Hopkins kick the **** out of Felix Trinidad for 11.5 rounds. I felt it was payback for Trinidad beating up on Pernell.

I enjoyed watching Campbell get KTFO by Peden...acting like a ****y prick.

Any time Terry Norris got KTFO or stopped.

Antonio Margarito getting crushed by Shane Mosley made me happy.

Excellent choices. Margarito the cheater deserved that beating

1SILVA
12-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Joe Frazier has given us some chuckles with his two mismatches against George Foreman,including running away from Foreman and getting clocked for his troubles.Quite hilarious I thought.Watching Oscar Bonavena manhandle Joe Frazier in their first fight was rather pleasing,but the terrible decision ruined the occasion.

I think it was justice that Hagler lost also,don't particularly dislike Hagler but at the time he was very ****y and arrogant and you could see how humiliated he was when the decision was announced.

Watching Marco Antonio Barrera get his arse kicked is always a joy to watch also.

The best thing about that Frazier-Foreman fight was Cosell screamimg "Down goes Frazier!"

NYU Alum.
12-05-2009, 03:50 PM
I admire RJJ's natural talent. But, always felt he fought like a b****, so I was glad when Tarver laid him out.

NAZ - Barrera: I saw the fight live. It wasn't an @ss kicking, but, NAZ was clearly defeated!

Mosley - Margarita: Not much to say here, but, talk about gettin' an @ss whuppin', it doesn't get any better than that after hearing that he tried to cheat.

PAC - Erika 2: Payback is a b*tch! I was actually present at the fight and got a great view of PAC shattering Erika's face into bits.

PAC - DLH: I'm just glad it was a Pinoy that did it, and, I'm sure, on the night of 12/06 Chavez Sr had a huge grin himself. hehe

PAC - Mo**ey Mayweather: No more 0 to brag about, lol

1SILVA
12-05-2009, 03:53 PM
I admire RJJ's natural talent. But, always felt he fought like a b****, so I was glad when Tarver laid him out.

NAZ - Barrera: I saw the fight live. It wasn't an @ss kicking, but, NAZ was clearly defeated!

Mosley - Margarita: Not much to say here, but, talk about gettin' an @ss whuppin', it doesn't get any better than that after hearing that he tried to cheat.

PAC - Erika 2: Payback is a b*tch! I was actually present at the fight and got a great view of PAC shattering Erika's face into bits.

PAC - DLH: I'm just glad it was a Pinoy that did it, and, I'm sure, on the night of 12/06 Chavez Sr had a huge grin himself. hehe

PAC - Mo**ey Mayweather: No more 0 to brag about, lol

If Pacman beats PBF, there will be a lot of fight fans laughing

Kiid Dynamite
12-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Recently.. Mayweather vs Marquez

I dislike Marquez... pee man

Ziggy Stardust
12-05-2009, 04:56 PM

Red Ked, reported, and ignored. Keep the alts coming douchbag :boxing:

Poet

Ziggy Stardust
12-05-2009, 04:59 PM

Hamed-Barrera-hamed always claimed he was the best. After this fight, Naz was humble.

I'm with ya on Tszyu - Judah: Just about pissed myself laughing over THAT one......thoroughly enjoyed De La Hoya turning Julio Cesar Crybaby into chopped pork too :boxing:

Poet

talip bin osman
12-05-2009, 05:41 PM
vic darchinyan getting crushed by donaire...

darchinyan is so fvckin annoying & arrogant...

boxing2106
12-05-2009, 07:04 PM
when ricky hatton was laid out by pac in the first round... right hook roll under lol... nd also i had made a bet on the fight and won =)

1SILVA
12-05-2009, 07:54 PM
vic darchinyan getting crushed by donaire...

darchinyan is so fvckin annoying & arrogant...

Yes, him looking up at the lights was a sight for sore eyes

zoneman99
12-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Some recent ones:

Margarito losing to Mosley
Barrera losing to Khan

prinzmanspoper
12-05-2009, 08:58 PM
Red Ked, reported, and ignored. Keep the alts coming douchbag :boxing:

Poet

That's a lovely picture of you in your avatar.Was it taken at a NAMBLA convention?

Dirt McGirt
12-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Nate Campbell getting KOed by Peden for being a stupid arrogant tw*t.

I just watched it again on youtube, what a muppet.

Lac'em up
12-05-2009, 09:14 PM
I was happy to see Vargas lose to DLH, happy to see Tarver lose to Chad Dawson, happy to see Arreola lose to Vitali. If theres one thing I can't stand it's a boxer who comes into a fight looking all sloppy and out of shape. It's a disgrace to the sport and to the fans who pay to see them fight.

Dambala
12-05-2009, 09:19 PM
I loved to see B-Hop defeated by Calzaghe, but my favorite was Mosley destroying Margarito who was considered a beast at the time.

1SILVA
12-07-2009, 08:55 AM
Some recent ones:

Margarito losing to Mosley
Barrera losing to Khan

Barrera getting KTFO by Junior Jones. HBO had made Barrera sound unbeatable, until Junior starched also. Also, Arreola crying like a woman after getting schooled by Klitschko

Adamantium
12-07-2009, 09:34 AM
Bhop lossing to Calzaghe: His tactics in that fight were disgraceful, but watching his facial expression after the results were announced was hilarious.

Any fight were Lennox Lewis loses, his style was so boring it was unbelievable.

dans
12-07-2009, 10:57 AM
This made me so happy. I was cheering and hoping Mosley would knock his block off.

http://www.pe.com/imagesdaily/2009/01-27/margarito_mosley_boxing_400.jpg

The Dreamer
12-10-2009, 02:04 AM
Victor Ortiz losing to Maidana. There's always something satisfying about seeing a super hyped up young fighter that hasn't earned the hype get brought back down to earth.

TEDetc
12-10-2009, 02:15 AM
Hopkins losing to Calzaghe.

"I'll never let a white boy beat me" **** off.

gibo
12-10-2009, 03:04 AM
All of hoyas loses to smaller prime picked "P4P" SSM, PBF, and most of all PACMAN!!! And the happiness i had counting the money i made??? PRICELESS

STUNNA
12-10-2009, 03:18 AM
For future reference when pacquiao beat mayweather.......

Third Degree MM
12-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Duran getting Knocked the **** out by Hearns
Hearns getting knocked out by Hagler
Pacquiao getting schooled by Morales
Morles getting tko'd by Pacquiao
Leonard losing to Duran
Duran losing to Benitez
Cotto losing to Margarito
Gomez getting ko'd by Sanchez
Martinez getting Robbed by Williams
Forest Losing to Mayorga
Mosley losing to Forest

and on and on

taino78
12-11-2009, 08:36 PM

ray mercer ko tommy morrison. at the time media and experts were making morrison out to be the next great hope.

MANGLER
12-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Tarver beaten by Bhop
Cotto beaten by Pac
DLH beaten by Pac
Douglas beaten by Holyfield
Kessler beaten by Ward
Pavlik beaten by Bhop

YoungReezy
12-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Plasterito's loss to Mosley almost made me ejaculate!:wank:

Third Degree MM