View Full Version : Best heavy bag gloves

Pretty Boy
04-15-2005, 10:49 PM
Which are the best heavy bag gloves to get for preventing damaged hands.
I've been using hand wraps and 10oz gloves on a really heay bag at the moment,but my hands hurt like hell,I think they need more protection.
I'm 5'10 and 152 lbs.
I've invested in some Mexican hand wraps to help.

Rockin'
04-15-2005, 11:23 PM
The mexican wraps are the ones that ive always used. Not only are they longer but they also are elastic in a way and conform nicely with your hands for a nice, tight, comfortable fit.

The bag gloves that I like are the ringside superbag gloves. They are comfortable and will last forever it seems if properly cared for. I still use my original pasi from 12 years ago when I first turned pro. They look alittle worn cosmeticly but otherwise are like new. I highly recommend them........Rockin' :boxing:

Tha Greatest
04-15-2005, 11:28 PM
The mexican wraps are the ones that ive always used. Not only are they longer but they also are elastic in a way and conform nicely with your hands for a nice, tight, comfortable fit.

The bag gloves that I like are the ringside superbag gloves. They are comfortable and will last forever it seems if properly cared for. I still use my original pasi from 12 years ago when I first turned pro. They look alittle worn cosmeticly but otherwise are like new. I highly recommend them........Rockin' :boxing:

ROCKKIIIIIIIN! wassup man

Mexican handwraps=Best
Ringside superbag gloves=best, cheap, effective...

combination of those 2=Very good

I love those gloves

Dio2
04-16-2005, 12:28 AM
Which are the best heavy bag gloves to get for preventing damaged hands.
I've been using hand wraps and 10oz gloves on a really heay bag at the moment,but my hands hurt like hell,I think they need more protection.
I'm 5'10 and 152 lbs.
I've invested in some Mexican hand wraps to help.

Some trainers have told me that you only need those really thin bag gloves. They said the bigger bag gloves only became popular when a lot of people starting boxing for fitness reasons(corporate boxers). The thin was are supposed to teach you to make proper contact so your hands don't hurt. I still use the 10 or 12oz. gloves though. I'm almost the exact same build as you.

Dyl-G
04-16-2005, 02:54 AM
Ringside 14oz!!! Ringside 14oz!!! Ringside 14oz!!! Ringside 14oz!!! Ringside 14oz!!! Ringside 14oz!!! Ringside 14oz!!! Ringside 14oz!!! Ringside 14oz!!! Ringside 14oz!!! Ringside 14oz!!! Ringside 14oz!!! Ringside 14oz!!! Ringside 14oz!!! Ringside 14oz!!! Ringside 14oz!!! Ringside 14oz!!! Ringside 14oz!!! Ringside 14oz!!! Ringside 14oz!!! Ringside 14oz!!! Ringside 14oz!!! Ringside 14oz!!! Ringside 14oz!!! Ringside 14oz!!!

Pretty Boy
04-16-2005, 03:03 AM
Ringside ones seem to be the general consensus here!!
I'm probably going to get the superbag ones,the 12 oz.
I've been told by somebody else to get Winnings gloves,but I can't find them anyway,I'll get the Ringsides.

Bubba3000
04-16-2005, 10:47 AM
I use the mexican wraps and 10 oz gloves that our gym sells. After about three years I still love them. They're molded with a bit of a **** in the wrists, and I almost never get sore hands.

I think bag gloves are crap if you're really going to be pounding the bag. They're just not enough protection.

Make sure you're wrapping the part of your hands that hurt really well, and you might also want to stick some foam rubber between your knuckles and the wraps if it's your knuckles that hurt.

BTW, this is a great article that Ross wrote on the heavy bag, and the demonstration video is awesome.

http://www.rossboxing.com/thegym/thegym24.htm

Tha Greatest
04-16-2005, 01:17 PM
Some trainers have told me that you only need those really thin bag gloves. They said the bigger bag gloves only became popular when a lot of people starting boxing for fitness reasons(corporate boxers). The thin was are supposed to teach you to make proper contact so your hands don't hurt. I still use the 10 or 12oz. gloves though. I'm almost the exact same build as you.

whoever told u to use the thin ones are not very intelligent

there's no protection on the hands....

Tha Greatest
04-16-2005, 07:13 PM
Im actually gonna order myself some super bag gloves tonite

Pretty Boy
04-16-2005, 07:17 PM
Just done so myself.
Many thanks.

Tha Greatest
04-16-2005, 08:02 PM
Just done so myself.
Many thanks.

they will do u good, u won't need to buy another pair for about at least 6 years..