View Full Version : how to cut up without dropping weight

boxer2k5
04-12-2005, 04:07 PM
im cut now but i want to get my stomach riped
thats liek the only part that aint really cut

i feel im going to have to drop weight jsut to get it cut
but id otn want to leave 180-185 area

is it possible to cut up my abbs without dropping weight

i was thinking of droppign to 170 where i would have lsot alot of midsection fat
then bulk back up to 180

but i feel thats alot of strain on my body and i have a fight in may

Kid Achilles
04-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Why do you want to stay at 180-185? If you feel that you'd be in better shape at 170 maybe you should stay there?

boxer2k5
04-12-2005, 05:09 PM
i have a fight commign up soon at HW

i dont want to have to jump right in with the LHW
out of nowhere

after this fight ima think about it

but i kinda like hitting HWs

Tha Greatest
04-12-2005, 05:24 PM
i have a fight commign up soon at HW

i dont want to have to jump right in with the LHW
out of nowhere

after this fight ima think about it

but i kinda like hitting HWs

If i was u i would go down in weight, if u go down in weight u will be more dominant

akins12732
04-12-2005, 05:31 PM
boxer2k5 what kind of ab work do you do?

boxer2k5
04-12-2005, 08:41 PM
500 crunches
100 situps
50 leg raises(where someone push ur legs down)
25 leg rasies while hanging form bar
50 sit ups with medicine ball

spinksjinx
04-12-2005, 08:44 PM
Check your diet, do your ab exercises...Everybody has abs but fat covers them you will have to lose the fat around that area to get them (it is the last place for fat to come off) so you will have to lose weight. The best way for you would be to lose the weight get the abs and then move back up in weight with a stricter diet and put on the weight again but complete muscle....

Speedy Gonzales
04-12-2005, 09:55 PM
If i was u i would go down in weight, if u go down in weight u will be more dominant
Cmon man he said he's not gonna puss out and he like the challenge of HW.

Hey 2k5 try doing moer running/jump rope and then blance by doing a little weight lifting like some squats. Not only will you maintain weight, you will hit harder with those Mike Tyson legs, so you can really enjoy knocking those HW out.

Tha Greatest
04-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Cmon man he said he's not gonna puss out and he like the challenge of HW.

Hey 2k5 try doing moer running/jump rope and then blance by doing a little weight lifting like some squats. Not only will you maintain weight, you will hit harder with those Mike Tyson legs, so you can really enjoy knocking those HW out.

It's not about *****ing out
It's just my opinion
I would go in the lightest way that i could make the healthy way of course
then i would dominate, then go pro, then move up
It's not about *****ing out, it's just that when u go up in the ranks, it will get harder

Speedy Gonzales
04-12-2005, 10:07 PM
Ya sorry, I just don't like hearing about boxers who sucked, then straved themselves like anorexically just to move to weaker class.

But i see your point though, I respect your opinion about health., but i still think he can be just as healthy at that weight with muscle gained.

Tha Greatest
04-12-2005, 10:11 PM
Ya sorry, I just don't like hearing about boxers who sucked, then straved themselves like anorexically just to move to weaker class.

But i see your point though, I respect your opinion about health., but i still think he can be just as healthy at that weight with muscle gained.

yaa haha

Of course u shouldnt lose weight thats unhealthy
just makes u weaker

u shouldn't lose more than 5% of ur natural weight when cuttin weight, if u do, it just affects u worse than good...What Miguel Cotto is doin will have long effect on him..