View Full Version : motivation

eden
04-11-2005, 04:32 PM
i hav stopped goin boxing for a while bcos of my braces because i cant fight amatuer with them in and i need sum motivation/insperation to get me in boxing mood again :boxing:

Curly
04-11-2005, 05:31 PM
Just think back to what got you interested in the first place, a movie, a fight or fighter and draw off of it. Train hard now and you'll be even better when the braces come off. I know it sucks not being able to fight but you can sharpen your skills now and help the other guys at the gym.

Rockin'
04-11-2005, 09:26 PM
Eden,

If you need somebody to push/motivate you even to go to the gym than I would say that it not for you. When I was starting they couldnt keep me from the gym. What I am saying is that if you need to be pushed/motivated to even go to the gym than what will you do once you are there?..........Rockin'

enadeus
04-11-2005, 09:42 PM
I've recently started running and working out, just a few weeks. My motivation was watching a few fights maybe just KO clips before getting at the bags and also when I got back into my routine the veins from my hands popped out, it felt like heroine, was insane.

Speedy Gonzales
04-12-2005, 12:52 AM
Eden,

If you need somebody to push/motivate you even to go to the gym than I would say that it not for you. When I was starting they couldnt keep me from the gym. What I am saying is that if you need to be pushed/motivated to even go to the gym than what will you do once you are there?..........Rockin'
ya, the hardest part is starting up a workout, believe me i know. Just like anything, you just need to get the ball roling. Constantly be aware of what you doing and set a tiem up for the workout. When the tiem comes, force yourself to start, and after a good warmup you should be good to go.

Journeyman
04-12-2005, 02:49 AM
i just remind myself of the satisfaction ive always felt after a good workout at the gym.

akins12732
04-12-2005, 05:50 PM
wait can you not box with braces?

boxer2k5
04-12-2005, 08:43 PM
the only motivation i need is the fact i want to be the best and win
i know i cant do it unless i train my ass off

akins12732
04-12-2005, 09:10 PM
2k5 or anyone can you box with braces?

Ultimate Warrior
04-12-2005, 09:13 PM
When I feel low on the motivation, I just look in the mirror and find something I don't like about myself.. Then I make myself HATE it,.. then I go to the gym and FIX it.

boxer2k5
04-12-2005, 09:44 PM
2k5 or anyone can you box with braces?

yeah but i dont think you should
you should never show weakness
or injury that can be exploited

its best to train with it and if you can
dont wear it when fighting