View Full Version : Training in Gym

UnstoppableOne
04-11-2005, 03:59 AM
Hey I noticed some people in the same type of situation that I am in right now. I am new to boxing and such and I know that I should be in the gym with a trainer but I have a few questions maybe you guys could help me out....

1) Cost - How much does it cost for the gym that you guys go to and to have a trainer? Do I need to buy my own equipment and things (sorry I am a newbie to boxing)

2) Physique - Im not in the best shape of my life right now and I havent really ever lifted weights but been more of an endurance type of guy do I need to do anything else? I try to run as much as I can and do some light weight workouts...

3) Time - How long are you guys usually at the gym for? I have no real gym experience but one thing I know is that I want to learn how to box, I've always been a natural fighter :p

4) How do I pick a good trainer? And what do I need to sacrifice in order to really get into this? I go to school and that takes up most of my time and thats about it...

5) Basically, I want to know EVERYTHING that I should know before going to a gym with a trainer and I want to know what type of questions I should ask that I normally would not think about but is necessary to get a good trainer and sessions because I dont wanna seem like a dumbass that doesnt know ****...:rolleyes:

I know my post is similar to someone else's post but I have not seen anyone posting on that and hopefully we can get more help through this one...

Thanks for the help in advance....

random guy
04-11-2005, 04:15 AM
every thin verys for trainer ask the manager for the best trainer and as far as I know you only need to buy wraps, head gear ,cup, jersey, mouth guard, shorts and shoes oh and gloves

Tha Greatest
04-11-2005, 10:28 AM
Hey I noticed some people in the same type of situation that I am in right now. I am new to boxing and such and I know that I should be in the gym with a trainer but I have a few questions maybe you guys could help me out....

1) Cost - How much does it cost for the gym that you guys go to and to have a trainer? Do I need to buy my own equipment and things (sorry I am a newbie to boxing)

2) Physique - Im not in the best shape of my life right now and I havent really ever lifted weights but been more of an endurance type of guy do I need to do anything else? I try to run as much as I can and do some light weight workouts...

3) Time - How long are you guys usually at the gym for? I have no real gym experience but one thing I know is that I want to learn how to box, I've always been a natural fighter :p

4) How do I pick a good trainer? And what do I need to sacrifice in order to really get into this? I go to school and that takes up most of my time and thats about it...

5) Basically, I want to know EVERYTHING that I should know before going to a gym with a trainer and I want to know what type of questions I should ask that I normally would not think about but is necessary to get a good trainer and sessions because I dont wanna seem like a dumbass that doesnt know ****...:rolleyes:

I know my post is similar to someone else's post but I have not seen anyone posting on that and hopefully we can get more help through this one...

Thanks for the help in advance....

where u from?give me a pm later

UnstoppableOne
04-11-2005, 11:40 PM
Cool, check your PM I sent you a message...

Dyl-G
04-12-2005, 01:29 AM
i spend an hour and 30 minutes at the gym 6 days a week and all i HAVE to buy is gloves and handwraps the rest they provide. it dont matter what shape your in either youll get in shape by going there i wasnt in shape either when i went you just need determination

Speedy Gonzales
04-12-2005, 01:53 AM
Ya, just training at the gym will get you in good shape.

boxerman
04-14-2005, 02:05 AM
Man just find a gym and go. The rest falls into place. The hardest part is walking through the door. Mine only costs 20.00 a month. In ours, our trainer helps everyone. Its more like a team atmoshpere. When he sees you coming in and trying, he'll work you out. Lots of things i Learned i learned from other fighters as well who give you a hand. In a good gym everyone seems to want to help everyone. The gym i go to is in atlanta and its mostly amatuers and pros who are starting out. However, some really good guys have came thoruhg there and still come in and work with the younger guys. Vernon forest came through, O'neil bell worked out alot there up until a year or so ago. Just go in and work hard and it will all work out how you want it to.