View Full Version : Well done Alex Arthur

Mick Hucknall
04-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Congrats to Alex Arthur. Conrolled the fight from the 3rd round onwards to an impressive win. Your thoughts on the fight.

Sn1
04-08-2005, 07:27 PM
well i aint seen it..could ya fill me in :confused:

Mick Hucknall
04-08-2005, 08:00 PM
Arthur won via knockout in the 9th round. Docerty went down on one knee as if to say stuff it and stayed down for the count. You could see that his corner were just about to throw in the towel. Also Arthur and Gomez had a bit of a confrontation at the end of the fight was quite comical. All in all it was a pretty good fight. Thought Alex Arthur looked pretty impressive.

HayeFan
04-08-2005, 08:45 PM
Decent little fight.

Gomez vs Arthur II must happen. Gomez has 'Nothing to offer' Arthur, my arse.

barryboy
04-08-2005, 10:18 PM
The only surprise for me was that Docherty never got cut, the uppercut that smashed his nose was similar to the shot that Barrera done Morales with in their last fight & it did seem to affect him cos I gave Doc the first 3 rounds then Arthur took over from the 4th. Arthur should fight Gomez again if only to prove something to himself, as soon as I heard him saying that **** at the end about Gomez not bringing anything to the table etc...The guy knocked **** out of you pal that's bringing plenty to the table :boxing: It's a fight Arthur could win but it doesn't sound good & it won't look good if he doesn't take the return with Gomez.

bigbadbri
04-09-2005, 03:40 AM
This was a good fight, with Arthur picking his punches well when he began to up the pace. Doc got caught with some good shots and it seemed to take the heart out of him a bit. As for fighting Gomez again, well i would love to see that fight, could be real fireworks. Arthur should ask for the same money that the greedy Gomez was wanting for a return match. Should be interesting to see what developes.

kidrock
04-09-2005, 12:01 PM
Barryboy, nail has been hit on the head there.

Nothing to prove my arse, he beat 7 shades of **** out of you in the first fight!!!

BTW Barry are you into football at all???

barryboy
04-09-2005, 01:08 PM
BTW Barry are you into football at all???

Depends what mood I'm in mate though I always watch the Old Firm games here & the big derby games in England cos your usually guaranteed some good action in those matches :cool:

kidrock
04-09-2005, 07:11 PM
Depends what mood I'm in mate though I always watch the Old Firm games here & the big derby games in England cos your usually guaranteed some good action in those matches :cool:

May I be so bold as to ask which side of the coin you follow??

Celtic all the way for me, massive fan :cool: :D :cool:

Komandos
04-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Well done Alex Arthur.

barryboy
04-09-2005, 07:59 PM
May I be so bold as to ask which side of the coin you follow??

Celtic all the way for me, massive fan

Rangers mate! Simply the Best says it all ;) You'll be disagreeing with me now just for the sake of it :D Really though it's some end to the season & it makes it more exciting when the top boys are level pegging, gives them something to play for so they're not just showing up.

Mick Hucknall
04-09-2005, 08:01 PM
Come On The Hearts!!!!!!!!!!!!

kidrock
04-09-2005, 08:42 PM
Ah well we all have our own crosses to bear lads!!

lol :-)

Hail Hail

barryboy
04-09-2005, 08:54 PM
I have a good laugh with it, two of my mates are brothers, one's a Rangers man the other is a die hard Celtic fan and I've had to play the part of referee quite a few times but we usually just take the piss when the other teams doin **** or get humped by Hearts or something :D Sorry couldn't resist!

kidrock
04-09-2005, 09:00 PM
thats seriously strange m8!!

Two brothers, wtf

barryboy
04-09-2005, 09:03 PM
I know it's crazy, one was brought up with his mum and one with his dad so that's how that came about. Lively is not the word :D

kidrock
04-09-2005, 09:12 PM
That explains it then!!

Still weird though

number6
04-09-2005, 10:35 PM
Good performance by arthur.He picked his punches well,his timing was good and showed genuine class.Not sure that he will be world class
but a good european for sure.His best win so far against a game opponent.

Komandos
04-10-2005, 06:33 PM
Well done Artur ho is it Artur??

Mick Hucknall
04-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Lol. you play the part of the dumb Russian very well.

Cortez
04-11-2005, 09:14 AM
Gomez is low class.

You do not follow around somebody that you KTFO of.

Gomez is getting good attention, cause in reality he is done and Arthur would beat him. IMO

Cortez
04-11-2005, 11:11 AM
Might I also add that the Doherty Arthur fight was a very high level fight for a British title , and brought some credibility back to that very title.