View Full Version : Fight Night 2004 vs Fight Night Round 2

UnstoppableOne
04-05-2005, 06:17 PM
I'm just wondering which game is better the original Fight Night 2004 or the newer game Fight Night Round 2? I am getting mixed reviews as I hear in the newer version, there is a "haymaker" ability and this annoys some players.. Just wanted some feedback as I am considering to get one of the two games for either platform XBOX or PS2. I would also like to know which is better the PS2 or XBOX version as well if there are any differences..Thanks :)

Peace...

BadMagick
04-05-2005, 08:40 PM
Round 2 is better. It allows for more to be done with your boxer, and while boxing. The haymaker only annoys people who suck.

the_roo
04-06-2005, 02:31 AM
Round 2 is a "superior" game in my opinion because the improved graphics and improved gameplay.

The new cutman feature is a great addition. Fights getting stopped because of cuts is more realistic and so is being able to clinch when you are in trouble.

Career mode is a lot more in depth. (you can change weight classes and unify titles) Training for fights is more in depth too.

The Create-a-Boxer in Round 2 gives you more freedom to create unique looking fighters.

Yeah, overall Round 2 is a better game but 2004 was a very cool game as well. I would suggest picking up Round 2 and maybe picking up 2004 when you see it dirt cheap (used/bargain bin) just so you can see what you missed and so you can judge for yourself which one is better.

Oh yeah, XBOX all the way. (Better graphics, shorter loading times, better online community)

UnstoppableOne
04-06-2005, 03:04 AM
Hey thanks, I'll definitely check out Fight Night Round 2 in more detail and I'm leaning towards that game alot more. I also have an XBOX and agree that the online capabilities are one of a kind.. Thanks for the info

Peace..

manila_assasin
04-06-2005, 01:28 PM
Im sure Fightnight round 2 is better. To be honest I never played it coz I am poor. But The fight night 2004 is the best boxing game I have ever played. And Its the first time I stayed until 8am playing.

BadMagick
04-06-2005, 07:53 PM
Round 2 is a "superior" game in my opinion because the improved graphics and improved gameplay.

The new cutman feature is a great addition. Fights getting stopped because of cuts is more realistic and so is being able to clinch when you are in trouble.

Career mode is a lot more in depth. (you can change weight classes and unify titles) Training for fights is more in depth too.

The Create-a-Boxer in Round 2 gives you more freedom to create unique looking fighters.

Yeah, overall Round 2 is a better game but 2004 was a very cool game as well. I would suggest picking up Round 2 and maybe picking up 2004 when you see it dirt cheap (used/bargain bin) just so you can see what you missed and so you can judge for yourself which one is better.

Oh yeah, XBOX all the way. (Better graphics, shorter loading times, better online community)

The cutman thing is gay. It's so damn redundant. In fact, the whole game is. It's better than 2004, but it's still a redundant game. I'd suggest renting it before buying it.

dansweeney
04-06-2005, 07:55 PM
i love the game, hey its boxing? what else can you say? and i dont parry or use my block much i just lean and counter, it makes the game more competitive

julDilla
04-06-2005, 10:38 PM
Online = Fight Night 2004

Single player = Fight Night Round 2

the_roo
04-07-2005, 05:54 AM
The cutman thing is gay. It's so damn redundant. In fact, the whole game is. It's better than 2004, but it's still a redundant game. I'd suggest renting it before buying it.

Don't listen to this dude.

(He reminds me of comic book guy, so very bitter)

He seems like the kinda guy who'll complain about anything and everything.

Komandos
04-09-2005, 06:19 AM
Hi wat is the geme,sorry I'm litle speak English

BadMagick
04-10-2005, 10:06 AM
Don't listen to this dude.

(He reminds me of comic book guy, so very bitter)

He seems like the kinda guy who'll complain about anything and everything.

Yeah, that's right, I'm the guy who complains about everything. The difference between me and most other people who've played games: I know what I'm talking about. Listening to me when it comes to games is probably the best choice you'll ever make.

tysonortiz
04-12-2005, 03:47 AM
I am a fan of the first fight night. There were much more choices for ring music, trunks, ect. The haymaker also takes away alot of skill.

Pepigno
04-12-2005, 09:31 AM
FNR2 is super, haven't played FN2004 so I can't judge that game.
I read a few previews of the game and I got all excited just reading them.. And untill now I don't regret spending my hard earnd euro's on this game... Sadly enough I live in Europe so no multiplayer for me :(

The graphics are cool, movement is great, Haymaker is fun, chicks are nice, being able to create my own boxer is superb and the career mode acknowlegdes my strenght :)

Great game

Run
04-12-2005, 12:10 PM
Anyone who complains about FN2 is a newbie gamer. They would rather be able to mash buttons and overwhelm people with punches. Half of them like the old "Knockout Kings" series. My friends stand about 0 chance against me in FN2, considering I knock them all out in the 1st or 2nd round. They complain " It sucks, you just get lucky with punches" etc. What a joke. The game is so complex, that you can thwart any move your opposition makes.

My only complaint, is Antonio Tarver. He is cheap as hell. The makers must have had in mind to give him superpowers or something. Forget the attribute bars......People will say "All fighters are the same.....there are just fighters who are rated higher in other areas" Bull****. Tarver has secred coding that enables him to be the most dominant force in the game IMO. Why does his straight left always ****ing land flush? How come different fighters take more power off....with different punches? come on.

Mick Hucknall
04-13-2005, 01:49 PM
Whos that girl in your avator badmagick, shes probably the hottest girl i've ever seen on the net.

BadMagick
04-14-2005, 03:01 PM
Anyone who complains about FN2 is a newbie gamer. They would rather be able to mash buttons and overwhelm people with punches. Half of them like the old "Knockout Kings" series. My friends stand about 0 chance against me in FN2, considering I knock them all out in the 1st or 2nd round. They complain " It sucks, you just get lucky with punches" etc. What a joke. The game is so complex, that you can thwart any move your opposition makes.

My only complaint, is Antonio Tarver. He is cheap as hell. The makers must have had in mind to give him superpowers or something. Forget the attribute bars......People will say "All fighters are the same.....there are just fighters who are rated higher in other areas" Bull****. Tarver has secred coding that enables him to be the most dominant force in the game IMO. Why does his straight left always ****ing land flush? How come different fighters take more power off....with different punches? come on.

Not really. There are a million improvements that could be made, amongst them the AI being better, so it's actually possible to lose. If you lose in this game against the computer, you suck. The game is too simple. It's good for multiplayer, but single player could use a lot of help.

RockyMarciano
04-15-2005, 12:08 PM
THey both own...round 1 was great....round 2 is that much greater....all it is is round 1 on steroids!

punchr
11-03-2014, 02:02 AM
Fight Night 2004 is almost the best game to play against someone sitting next to you on a couch, second to only Super Smash Bros.