View Full Version : Kostya Tszyu VS Ricky Hatton

typeone
04-05-2005, 02:35 PM
Come on then guy's who is gonna be the winner of this fight? And how is it gonna end? :boxing: :confused: :boxing:

leroy brown
04-06-2005, 11:54 AM
gotta be tszyu, hatton hasnt really fought anybody of note, hes an impressive puncher, and skillfull boxer, but he has never fought anyone close to tszyu, abit like judah when he met tszyu. he hadnt really fought anyone either.. if hatton hurts kostya early, kostya will finish him early, if they feel out, it will be good till around 6-7th round, then hattion will get knocked out..dont think it will go the distance, tszyu in 6.

RedE2Rumble1984
04-06-2005, 03:26 PM
Kosta will KO Hatton or stop him somewhere between Round 7 and 10.

Gerald
04-06-2005, 04:00 PM
Tszyu has gotta be favourite, but the reason why I think this fight is more difficult to call is that even though Hatton hasn't fought anyone really dangerous, he hasn't looked in trouble in any of his fights. Okay he went down against Magee, but the fight was never in too much question. Against Tackie, Stewart and Oliveira he did the job in impressive fashion. He has barely dropped a round fighting guys just below the top - because he hasn't faced anyone at the very top we don't have a good barometer for how far he might go. I think Tszyu will get a UD which will go closer than most people think.

PopA
04-06-2005, 06:35 PM
Kostya by TKO in under 8 rounds.

Cortez
04-07-2005, 05:00 AM
Kostya by KO obviously.

hatton is good very exciting.

However at 38 odd fights, none of which were top ten fighters, then in my opinion, even if he was at the top ten level he will surley have become lazy by now.

Kostya with aboiut 30 fights has fought far better guys , and he has KOed runners and speedster type boxers in a couple of rounds.

Highly impressive esp considering Mitchell was the worlds nop 2 nd ZAB was blown away.......and HE is the welter champ now.

Throw into the fact that Hatton will be riht there in front of him, and it spells KO.

I would love to see ricky win but my money literally is on TSYZU>

PS:

KT had better get the hell outta the MEN when all is said and done, he may get a beating himself after KOing ricky :)

typeone
04-07-2005, 07:04 AM
I think Hatton my have a dif approach to this fight..I think if he does come forward like he always does I dont think hes gonna last to long. I think the trainers must be aware of going down that road? I really hope Ricky can pull this one off.

Cortez
04-07-2005, 07:30 AM
After 38 fights he should have fought guiys nearer to Kostyas level by now.

Experience is his biggest setback.

Quantity does not mean quality.

But its not inconcievable that Hattopn would win, but very unlikely and best chance is KT to fail himself more so than anything.

J !
04-07-2005, 08:29 AM
right the head says zoo the heart hatton.

the one thing i will say is that the mitchell win proved very little to me.

Sharmba was ****ting bricks before he even went in the ring, bearing in mind he quit last time they fought, he looked to me like someone turning up for the payday.

Also mitchell has no spite in his punches I saw him at the MEN on the hatton pederson undercard and despite dropping Stewart he couldnt finish him and looked to lack firepower.

You need to give someone like Zoo something to think about and Mitchell couldnt do that, Hatton certianly will.

3 rounds in two years is not ideal preperation and if hatton can take it past 6 i fancy him to win on UD, despite Kostya's meticulous preperation you cant replace ring time and he has had under 9 mins in nearly 2 years.

this could be a factor, hatton needs to keep the defence tight and the workrate high, if he can do that then he has a chance of an upset.

ill be there by the way, going up from london in a limo 6 of us, its gonna be well naughty!!!!!

typeone
04-07-2005, 08:36 AM
J.P.W. You are a lucky fellow, I did see some ring side tickets on E-bay safe to buy or not m8?

J !
04-07-2005, 08:41 AM
they woudl be stupid money mate. try this site bout double face value
http://www.sportsworldticket.com/Tickets164.asp

to be honest your gonna get ripped now anyway not matter what you do, i was on the fone at 10.01 the day they came out.

kidrock
04-07-2005, 11:53 AM
Seriously jealous JPW. fair play to you and hope you have a good night!!

J !
04-07-2005, 12:09 PM
cheers fellas ill write a report up and post it here, sans a few grim details.

heres one i did last year
http://www.britishboxing.net/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1081274550&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&PHPSESSID=ee89f5bdaae7f95106a0b7e90e86b37a

gives ya a flavour

kidrock
04-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Nice one there JPW, looking forward to your report on this one!!

Hopefully no Millwall fans this time, lol

gulch
04-08-2005, 12:21 PM
For the first time in his life Hatton's in the ring with someone who's going to hit him back.
A lot will depend on how he reacts when this happens.
He's that used to walking through opponents he does tend to be a bit open at times and I fear Tszyu will take full advantage of this.
Hatton can be a hurtful body puncher but will he get close enough to Tszyu to make this count ?
Tszyu by a TKO 8 - 10

Shaolin Bushido
04-08-2005, 01:26 PM
Tszyu by superior poise and firepower late.

Komandos
04-09-2005, 08:55 AM
Kostia Ko Hatton.Was Hutton KOed?

Komandos
04-10-2005, 05:32 PM
Kostya be winner

dodge
04-11-2005, 06:22 AM
I can't decide who to pick. Should be a good fight.

Cortez
04-11-2005, 04:52 PM
Nice article, however I believe that after June 6th the entrance roar will be Hattons best part of the night.
I just cannot see him winning this.

justing574
04-11-2005, 09:12 PM
Hatton's gonna get K'od within 4!!!

Journeyman
04-15-2005, 09:37 PM
Tszyu!!!!!!!!

boxer_daw
04-15-2005, 10:13 PM
I definitely think that Tszyu will KO Hatton. I agree to the same observers that Hatton has not fought anybody within the caliber of Tszyu. Hatton’s only chance to win is if Tszyu fight only with one hand. LOL.

Kidding aside. The only advantage of Hatton over Tszyu is the volume of punches he throws. Lets see if this will favor him come fight night.

Dio2
04-15-2005, 11:03 PM
I really thought Tszyu would beat Hatton by KO9. In the new Ring magazine Emmanuel Steward says that he thinks the fight will be much closer than many people believe because of how much Hatton has improved. I respect Emmanuel Steward's opinion a lot so it made me question Tszyu dominating Hatton.

Sinatra.Jr
04-16-2005, 02:01 AM
It will be a very tough fight. But Tszyu would win by Ko.Cause he has more experienced tough fights and victories than Hatton.I wanna see that
big bout soon.

joffo
04-16-2005, 03:53 AM
hatton is looking strong and tlaking up his chances but it hink kostya will win

smokeyjackson
04-19-2005, 07:43 AM
hatton is a good fighter but he cuts real easy, i can see him getting stopped late on, should be a great fight though

theironone
04-19-2005, 10:40 AM
Hatton hasn't cut for a long time, he had surgery on his eyes and it seems to have solved the problem, He could win, his workrate is very good. I basically think it's down to how good a chin he has or how well he takes zoos power, if he can take it then he could out-work him but he might be just to be able to take which will then make his workrate drop (as he won't want to get hit often) which will then allow Kostya to dictate the pace, or he might just go over from the power, Kostya isn't a power puncher like Tyson it's the accuracy and placement of his shots that make him so deadly. people think he's being lazy in the ring or not working enough but alot of the time time he's controlling the pace looking for the best shots. I've been watching aload of both of their fights recently and assuming Hatton can take the power relatively well (rembember Magee put him over and kept him honest the rest of the fight) I think Kostya will stop him in 9 or 10, his experience and better punch placement will be the key.

Jank
04-19-2005, 12:04 PM
Tszyu within 8.

The Messiah
04-20-2005, 08:09 AM
:boxing: when i saw kostya smash judah to the floor i said to my self kostya hits like a middleweight boom boom two fast right hands so hatton is in deep **** zab could move much faster than ricky and kostya nailed him and let no one forget that hatton can cut up really bad and kostya knows all about it hatton may end up looking like vitali klitschko after the lewis fight ricky does throw alot of shots but tszyu just needs one shot and it is over

J !
04-20-2005, 09:26 AM
:boxing: when i saw kostya smash judah to the floor i said to my self kostya hits like a middleweight boom boom two fast right hands so hatton is in deep **** zab could move much faster than ricky and kostya nailed him and let no one forget that hatton can cut up really bad and kostya knows all about it hatton may end up looking like vitali klitschko after the lewis fight ricky does throw alot of shots but tszyu just needs one shot and it is over

punctuation mate take a breath ;) :D

J !
04-21-2005, 06:07 AM
http://www.britishboxing.net/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1114013016&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&&PHPSESSID=ca710056d06e777a589456d13cd09fc7

latest from the hatton camp, feck he is looking in shape.

NAB
04-21-2005, 06:29 AM
Yeah he is in danger of overdoing it. That's why he's easing back for a bit.
Experience or lack of will play a big part in this fight IMO.

barryboy
04-21-2005, 06:59 AM
That's what I was thinking when I saw on Teletext about Hatton saying he felt ready to go right now, hope he doesn't peak too soon and go stale cos no one will listen to any "Oh I overtrained" excuses, he said this is his longest training camp ever but I think they should stick to what they've been doing, Ricky's always in great shape come fight time and his stamina is second to none so why try something that might not suit you in such an important fight? they should stick to the tried & tested imo.

J !
04-21-2005, 07:18 AM
i think they know what they are doing the key is to keep an thelte bubbling under for a 3-4 weeks then let him go to peak.

he'll be fine.

barryboy
04-21-2005, 07:25 AM
Hope so. It just reminded me of when I was at the gym and Steve McClevy was training to fight Brian Coleman or Alan Temple I can't remember which and the fight was about 2/3 weeks away, I heard the trainers talking in a sort of quiet whisper & they were saying McClevy was ready to go right now and they'd have to keep an eye on him. I remember the fight though, Steve never really got going and was cut to ribbons, obviously team Hatton is a more professional set up but that's what went through my mind when I first saw that.

edwetp
04-21-2005, 10:01 AM
I predict Kostya to win by points.
Question, why would they have the fight on at 2am local time?
That's if I heard correctly.

NAB
04-21-2005, 10:17 AM
So it is prime time for US audience.

the_painless
05-03-2005, 11:35 PM
tszyu in two
tszyu in two
tszyu in two. - just kidding. sounds good cause it ryhmes. I say tszyu in eight and plenty of action outside the ring. With the fight starting at 2 in the morning, i wonder if they have considered how many ppl might actually be drunk before they even get to the fight! me thinks extra security might be needed at this one!

SonnyJ
05-04-2005, 03:16 AM
I think it'll end in the late rounds. hatton isn't like those slick boxers like judah and mitchell. he'll absorb a lot of punishment before the fight is stopped and the both of them will have satisfied their fans

Shaolin Bushido
05-04-2005, 04:36 AM
Anything can happen but how can anyone pick against Tszyu who shows no sign of slowing?

That man has real manos de piedra!

J !
05-04-2005, 05:15 AM
Anything can happen but how can anyone pick against Tszyu who shows no sign of slowing?

That man has real manos de piedra!

agreed my friend however here are some reasons why it may not work out the way we expect:

1. inactivity, bloke has had 2.5 rounds in 2.5 years. Ringrust against a hatton in front of a home crowd is not something you want.

2. Michell was dreadful and imo overated massivley, Hatton would have taken him apart, I saw him struggle against mike stewart from ringside, trust me Mitchell was never a great force in the first place. old , shot and ****ting himself he was NO test for Kostya.

3. The fact hatton hasnt taken on a top five fighter may also mean we dont know how good he is. He may surprise everyone.

4. styles, Hatotns style may cause Zoo some problems the only time he lost agianst Phillips he got outworked, and this is hattons forte

5. All through boxing history we have seen fights like this ending up in upset, the young untested prospect against the supposed invincible but ageing champ.

It happens time and agian that the young lad prevails.

Ask Barry Mcguigan (v Pedroza), or Lloyd Honeygun V Don curry for example.

believe me this is 60-40 in Zoo's favour. Nothing more nothing less. ;)

Moon
05-05-2005, 01:11 AM
First, Donald Curry was "exposed" by Honeyhan and never really recovered from that loss. Kostya has seen just about everything there is to see in the ring and there's been plenty of chances for him to be "exposed", it simply won't happen to him the way it did to Curry. This same comparison was being thrown around prior to Hopkins and Weird Beard, and didn't make sense then either.

For Hatton's sake let's not compare him to Honeygan either, who accomplished very little, other than that upset of Curry.

Gonzalo
05-05-2005, 01:42 AM
I think that Tszyu will beat Hatton, I just dont see Tszyu losing the fight. Even after all that time that Tszyu took off of boxing he came back to fight Mitchell who was one of the top ten 140lb. Tszyu had almost no ring rust, Tszyu beat Mitchell in under three rounds. Hatton has not faced the same quality fighters as Tszyu. I dont think that Tszyu will lose to Hatton. I think that Jose Luis Castillo has a good chance ok beating or even getting a KO over Tszyu and if all goes well for Castillo in his next fight against Corrales I think that Tszyu-Castillo will happen.

J !
05-05-2005, 05:16 AM
First, Donald Curry was "exposed" by Honeyhan and never really recovered from that loss. Kostya has seen just about everything there is to see in the ring and there's been plenty of chances for him to be "exposed", it simply won't happen to him the way it did to Curry. This same comparison was being thrown around prior to Hopkins and Weird Beard, and didn't make sense then either.

For Hatton's sake let's not compare him to Honeygan either, who accomplished very little, other than that upset of Curry.

IT STILL HAPPENED AND IF YOU SAY HONEYGUN DIDNT ACHIEVE MUCH BLIMEY, :eek:

oid defintely settle for hatton having the same success.

if being undisputed weltereweight champ then defending the WBC and IBF titles 3 times against the then top contenders, (hatcher, bumphus and blocker) losing then avenging his title agaisnt Vaca and defending the title WBC title twice agian is nothing, then **** me, id like to achieved nothing in my life. :boxing:

strange you take issue with Honeygun when he defended his title more than Mcguigan.

leroy brown
05-05-2005, 07:02 AM
1]ring rust isnt a factor, either will the crowd, kostya has fought mostly in the states against local favorites and prevailed with style, watch the crowds for chaves or judah...hes a pro.... 2]i agree on mitchell, but he was the mandatory defense, hes a good fighter without much punch, but he no`s, like judah no`s that kostya`s got em beat before they got in the ring....3]hatton hasnt fought anyone because thats the way its done, hes the local favorite and good on him, but his management have let him down i think and we will see that on the night..imo..4]hattons style is made for kostya, but i think he will have a plan, he will have to, the phillips fight was great, but not kostya`s fight, he didnt take a backward step in that fight, fought vinces fight and paid the price, but what a fight...5]it happens, but it aint happinin this time..lol...jmo..

jmctheone
05-05-2005, 08:20 AM
If hatton gets inside and attacks and doesnt let up i find it hard to c zoo winning but if zoo keeps him at distance its gonna be a easy nite for the champ!

J !
05-05-2005, 10:31 AM
interesting i cant wait to find out!

gonna be there, by the way Munn, i just wanted to say none of my post was an attack at all, you are an intelligent a respected memeber of this board I know as I look out for your posts bro!!

just to be clear ;) :)

marvdave
05-05-2005, 12:57 PM
I think we will see a game Hatton fighting his heart out, but in the end KT will have too much for him and stop him late.

it seems a similar scenario to Arguello v Mancini. Not their styles , but how I feel the fight will go.

Moon
05-05-2005, 06:05 PM
..... the then top contenders, (hatcher, bumphus and blocker) losing then avenging his title agaisnt Vaca and defending the title WBC title twice agian is nothing, then **** me, id like to achieved nothing in my life.

strange you take issue with Honeygun when he defended his title more than Mcguigan.
Smart reply, really. I'm sick of all the little-boy responses and hurt feelings around here. Given that ...

I didn't choose McGuigan 'cause he clearly had even less to trumpet than Honeygan.

Regarding Honeygan, his opponents' names are highly forgettable, much like Honeygan's career, outside of the UK of course. Again, it's an opinion of a fighter's career, which is always debatable.

J !
05-06-2005, 04:47 AM
well i think your being a tad harsh on Lloyd but there you go. i could be biased. :D
such is life. :boxing:

J !
05-06-2005, 07:39 AM
bsack to the topic nice little read :cool:

The gloves are off as Hatton edges closer to his moment of destiny
By Matthew Pinsent Times online.

A month today the British boxer will try to fulfil a lifetime’s ambition

OFF an unremarkable dual carriageway in Denton, Manchester, there is an even more unremarkable brick parade of garages, metalworks and garden machinery workshops. Go through a door, follow the winding warren of staircases and corridors and there is a proper body-builders’ gymnasium.
The cafeteria sells tea and dietary powders with equal aplomb. There are weights and mirrors of every conceivable size and for every possible use. And tucked away behind it all is where Ricky Hatton trains.

His room has a strange, almost predictable, look — it is all exposed brick and dog-eared fight posters. The space is dominated by the ring squashed into it at one end. The smell is strange, though, floor polish and sweat, order and hard work in every lungful. But the really striking thing is the state of it all. It is old: tongue and groove for walls, pipes criss-crossing the ceiling and hanging too low, while pigeons coo somewhere in the roof space. The detritus of the sport is everywhere — gloves, pads and tape in every corner, bottles scattered. The bags hanging from the ceiling are old and weathered, too.

Somehow the image of Hatton fits all this. He is the almost clichéd working-class local hero, so well-known that my cab driver knows where to go because “that’s where Ricky trains”; so well liked that the cabbie’s mate turns up within the hour just to get a view of the man.

I have to wait for my view, too, because Hatton is in the middle of a media day in the run-up to the biggest bout, the biggest opportunity, of his career. He has a chance to make good on all his promise against Kostya Tszyu, the IBF light-welterweight champion.

In the early hours of June 5, at the MEN Arena in Manchester, after years of waiting, years of defending a belt that he really did not cherish, he has his chance. If there was ever a moment to be reflective, to be locked away in some hidden training camp preparing for the chance to grab greatness, this would be it. But Hatton is at home, training in the same way he always has and opening his door to the media.

As I wait for my turn, the publicity man from EA Games shows me the new Ricky “Hitman” Hatton product, Fight Night Round 2. The plasma screen dominates the rest-room and fills it with crowd noise and the electronic sound of glove on skin. The virtual Hatton is aggressive and violent and exactly what every gamer would want. In fact, I am beginning to feel nervous when I am ushered in front of the real version.

He stands just under 5ft 8in, but his trade gives him a stance and a look that are unmistakable. His nose and chin could belong to no one but a boxer. But his attitude is anything but pugnacious. He is charming and amusing, joking with everyone around him and dealing with the media in style. When we talk about the new game, his only regret is that he plays it too much.

He talks openly about his recent career and how frustrating it has been. He was meant to box Kelson Pinto, then Sharmba Mitchell and then Vivian Harris, all of whom are ranked highly in the lightwelterweight category, but all fell through, lost to the murky world of boxing negotiations.

Close to losing patience with his promoters and having to settle for defence after defence of the WBU title that he won in 2001, Hatton has a dream at last. “This is what I have been waiting for since I first laced on the gloves,” he said. “I know I have the ability and the confidence, but now I have the opportunity — I have to pinch myself.” He has trained earlier and harder than ever. Some have argued that he always gains too much weight between contests, but he looked in shape to me. His website has a countdown of the seconds left to the bout. “I’ve never been as sharp or as determined so long before a fight, I’m breathing fire already,” he said.

He boxes at light-welterweight, which means a weigh-in the day before contests at 10st, but he fights at 11st 2lb, which means he puts on more than a stone in a little more than 24 hours. “It sounds impressive, but you have to do it right,” he said. “It’s no good if your punches run out after two or three rounds.”

Hatton has never faced Tszyu, but he has got close to the man. “I went to Las Vegas on holiday and to watch him fight four years ago,” he said. Tszyu was in the hotel reception, checking out after the bout. “I went over and said, ‘Hello, my name’s Ricky Hatton.’ He didn’t have a clue who I was, to be honest. I said, ‘You’ve proved you’re the best and hopefully in three years I’ll be fighting you.’ He smiled and said, ‘Good luck.’ Ever since then he has been respectful to me and me to him.”

Not for the first time, Hatton has a home crowd to back him up. “Tszyu has been in a lot of fights, but in Manchester it will be different, they’ll sing and they’ll be baying for his blood,” Hatton said.

Now there is a chance for me to step into the ring with him. It is the kind of thing that I want to do, want to experience, but I did not tell my wife that I was going to before I left London.

As I am laced into my gloves, I wonder what to try to prevent embarrassment. But Hatton makes it easy. He gives me his gloves as targets and immediately declares me a southpaw. If his glove is upright, hit it straight; if the palm is down, an uppercut is required; and two gloves together needs a two-punch combination. I begin to relax, confident that no matter what, he is not going to hit me and he would never get caught by even the flukiest uppercut.

As I begin to work up a sweat, we reverse roles and in a second he is blasting away at my gloves, every punch accompanied by a hiss of air from his mouth. He can hit my gloves quicker than I can decide whether to turn them or not. It is like playing rock, paper, scissors with someone who knows exactly what you are going to do.
I find myself driven back into the corner simply by the speed and power of a boxer whose reach is 6in shorter than mine. After ten or 12 minutes, it is time to move on. I am tiring and he should not be augmenting a full day of training with clowning around in the gym.

If anything in sport terrified me, it was the feeling that this was the moment that you had been waiting for, that it was now or never. Hatton knows full well that June 5 is his moment. Far from being frightened or quietened by it, he is laughing and driving his way towards it. Britain is certainly ready for a new boxing hero in the professional ranks and Hatton has his destiny in his gloved hands.

Moon
05-06-2005, 11:36 AM
I'll admit that I didn't pay attention much to Hatton prior to the last few months. Now that we've all had something to read and view, it looks like Ricky as a Champion could represent the sport well. Seems like a good guy, who has worked hard and shown that he's got some skills, coupled with bad intentions in the ring.

However, I'm leaning strongly toward Kostya to win this fight, which will be a tough one, but very winnable for the Auzzie. However, we'll all see within two rounds how this fight will turn-out. Two things to look for will be Ricky's reaction to a top-tier right hand, and Kostya's reaction to the speedy hooks to the body. Then the equation becomes even simpler, because early in this fight well be comparing Ricky's chin to Kostya's ribs. I see Kostya getting to that chin more than Ricky gets to those ribs.

Moon
05-06-2005, 06:15 PM
Red hot Kostya ready to rumble
By Grantlee Kieza
May 6, 2005

IN a chilling warning for England's most popular fighter, trainer Johnny Lewis says Kostya Tszyu is the sharpest he's ever been in the 13 years they have worked together.

Tszyu defends his IBF junior-welterweight title against great British hope Ricky Hatton before a sell-out crowd of 22,000 at Manchester's MEN Arena on June 5 and Lewis says his fighter is in even better form than when he crushed Sharmba Mitchell in his last fight in November.

"I've trained Kostya since he came to Australia from Russia in 1992 and I've never seen him look this good," said Lewis, who is normally guarded in his praise for his fighters.

"He's been sparring [Australia's world No.1 middleweight contender] Sam Soliman and a new kid we've hired from America named Kendall Holt and Kostya has been absolutely brilliant.

"His timing and his power are spot on and I couldn't be more confident about him beating Ricky Hatton."

Holt, who arrived in Sydney this week, has a record of 18 wins in 19 fights and in his most recent bout ended the unbeaten run of US Olympian David Diaz, who sparred with Tszyu before the Mitchell fight last November.

Tszyu, who leaves for England in two weeks, says he has enormous respect for Hatton, who is unbeaten in 38 fights, but says the Englishman is often wild with his punches.

"Sometimes he throws punches without even looking where they are going," he said. "He just throws them and hopes they land somewhere. I believe I will have too much experience and power for him."

Soliman said his only fear for Tszyu was that he was starting to peak too early.

"If Kostya takes this form into the ring Hatton won't have a chance," Soliman said.

"He is really boxing beautifully and hitting like a heavyweight.

.:UK RuPtUrE:.
05-06-2005, 07:09 PM
Its gotta be hatton in my opinion. 10 yrs age gap is coming off wonders in training apparently.

Also im goin to see it possibly. If so ill get sum pictures. That deserves a bit of karma at least .. cmon peps get me out of red!

Invader_Stu
05-06-2005, 08:19 PM
Post up the pics when you get them, then some ppl will you hit you u p with some points :)

Shaolin Bushido
05-07-2005, 12:52 AM
Red hot Kostya ready to rumble
By Grantlee Kieza
May 6, 2005

IN a chilling warning for England's most popular fighter, trainer Johnny Lewis says Kostya Tszyu is the sharpest he's ever been in the 13 years they have worked together.

Tszyu defends his IBF junior-welterweight title against great British hope Ricky Hatton before a sell-out crowd of 22,000 at Manchester's MEN Arena on June 5 and Lewis says his fighter is in even better form than when he crushed Sharmba Mitchell in his last fight in November.

"I've trained Kostya since he came to Australia from Russia in 1992 and I've never seen him look this good," said Lewis, who is normally guarded in his praise for his fighters.

"He's been sparring [Australia's world No.1 middleweight contender] Sam Soliman and a new kid we've hired from America named Kendall Holt and Kostya has been absolutely brilliant.

"His timing and his power are spot on and I couldn't be more confident about him beating Ricky Hatton."

Holt, who arrived in Sydney this week, has a record of 18 wins in 19 fights and in his most recent bout ended the unbeaten run of US Olympian David Diaz, who sparred with Tszyu before the Mitchell fight last November.

Tszyu, who leaves for England in two weeks, says he has enormous respect for Hatton, who is unbeaten in 38 fights, but says the Englishman is often wild with his punches.

"Sometimes he throws punches without even looking where they are going," he said. "He just throws them and hopes they land somewhere. I believe I will have too much experience and power for him."

Soliman said his only fear for Tszyu was that he was starting to peak too early.

"If Kostya takes this form into the ring Hatton won't have a chance," Soliman said.

"He is really boxing beautifully and hitting like a heavyweight.

If Kostya loses it'll be one of the biggest upsets as far as me picking winners since ... tarver ktfo rjj!(a dark day indeed!)

.:UK RuPtUrE:.
05-07-2005, 01:29 PM
Not promising any pictures btw but if i do get sum u lot will be sum of the first to c em. Dont bank on me tho. I need no pressure :D

emory22
05-08-2005, 06:51 PM
hatton doesn't have chance but has guts

emory22
05-08-2005, 06:51 PM
hatton knocked out in 5

Anghell
05-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Tszyu all the way. I think he'll beat Hatton down easy. All he has to worry about is those crazy english fans who will be throwing beer bottles at him when he lays Hatton out. As soon as Tszyu knocks Hatton out, he should run his ass out the ring before he gets smacked in the head with a bottle :-P (Just joking people from England)

J !
05-09-2005, 07:41 AM
you cant drink in the arena dude :boxing:

RockyMarciano
05-09-2005, 08:25 AM
I think kostya will win this fight. i like hatton and all but like stated earlier...he hasnt fought anyone worth a damn to compare to kostya

J !
05-09-2005, 09:33 AM
ben tackie and vince phillips both fought kostya one winning one losing, they both fought hatton albeit a year or more after.

the_painless
05-10-2005, 10:58 PM
hey you might not be able to drink in the arena but i bet there will be plenty of ppl that will go to the fight drunk anyhow. It starts at 2am! So if they don't throw bottles they might tear up the seats and throw them . Run kostya run! lol
tszyu will win in 8

mosley
05-11-2005, 12:23 AM
Tszyu by k.o. Hattons style is made for Tszyu, it should be an exciting fight for as long as it lasts. I can't on second thought predict the exact round (like I did for ODLH v Hopkins RD 9) but I think it will be Tszyu by ko. :boxing:

Verbl_Kint
05-11-2005, 10:31 AM
Zoo all the way. Hatton still has a lot to prove and fighting Kostya this early isn't the answer.

Martin (Top Knowledge)
05-11-2005, 12:09 PM
I think there's a very strong possibility this fight could go to the score cards... And I'd have to lean towards Ricky boy on sheer work rate!

I really hope that Ricky boy get's the credit he deserves "IF" he pulls off an upset.

I will be SOOOO PISSED OFF!!!... If all the Yanks that aren't giving Ricky a hope in hell's chance, say after - "Oh well, Kostya Tszyu merely got old over night", or "Kostya Tszyu was never that good anyway".

I'm a Ricky Hatton fan... So this maybe a little bit of hope talking - But I can smell a little upset coming. :dunno:

Ricky is a lot better than people are giving him credit for... And everyone say's he ONLY fights bums. That's not entirly true.

I wouldn't say that Harris's, Witter's, Gatti's, Mayweather's opposition in there last 2yrs/3-4 fights is very different in level to that of Hatton's.

If Hatton had fought and blasted out of there Corley, Bruselles, Phillipe "the pudding" Ndou, Urkal, Branco, Leija... They'd all be labelled as bums just like Oliveira/Tackie/Phillips/Stewert/Magee are.

Man I'm starting to waffle... LOL!...

Martin (Top Knowledge)
05-11-2005, 12:21 PM
All I'm trying to say is that people really point the finger at Ricky Hatton and say he's crap, (I think a little unfairly).

I reckon it may have something to do with him being able to sell 20,000 seats everytime he fights. That's alway's gonna make other fighters jealous.

---------

OK, If you wanna know why I reckon Ricky boy has a very good chance of winning this fight against Kostya Tszyu:

1. The Mitchell fight flattered Kostya Tszyu. Shamba Mitchell was just starting to show signs of being a little shot, and Lovemore Ndou exposed this about 18 months before the Tszyu vs Mitchel II fight took place. + Take a look at Mitchell vs Stewert and 6 months later Hatton vs Stewert. There's a huge difference between the way those two fights are won.

2. Kostya Tszyu is 36yrs old and Ricky Hatton is 26yrs old. No one has ever been able to stop Ricky setting a fast pace to date, I reckon there's a strong chance Kostya Tszyu won't be able to either.

3. Ricky Hatton is a BIGLight-welterweight. He's not gonna be easy to bully around the ring the way Kostya has done to other opponents.

4. I'll get back to you on the rest... Her in doors is calling... LOL!

welshwales
05-11-2005, 04:22 PM
Im gonna go out on a whim and say it'll be a draw

welshwales
05-11-2005, 04:22 PM
worst scenario is a cuts stoppage :(

Dio2
05-11-2005, 05:35 PM
Kostya by KO. Kostya has shown one thing that people are forgetting about. He can change to suit the fight. He can box, counterpunch, fight on the inside(although he prefers not to) and slug it out. Tszyu is a smarter fighter than hatton and will probably KO Hatton on the way in or on a counterpunch.

Cortez
05-11-2005, 09:02 PM
you cant drink in the arena dude :boxing:

Ever been to the MEN in manchester??
Right outside the arena u get drinks and easy to sneak them in, plus I've smoked and drank in there, but theres some much fighting from the scum hooligans that the guards are busy.

Hattons in trouble, then so is Zoo when the angry drunken mob get him :boxing:

no Joke

J !
05-12-2005, 07:49 AM
hey you might not be able to drink in the arena but i bet there will be plenty of ppl that will go to the fight drunk anyhow. It starts at 2am! So if they don't throw bottles they might tear up the seats and throw them . Run kostya run! lol
tszyu will win in 8

look you ****ing idiot. these are boxing fans not football fans, I resent your patehtic insinuation that cos its in Manchester and late Hatton fans will resort to such tactics.

addtionally if you arent in the arena by 11 you are not allowed in so by fight time most will be sober.

If you havent been to the MEN which beats the **** out the vegas fights for atmosphere (frigginell even Corrales Castillo was only 2 thirds full) then shut the **** up you pratt.

dont be such a prick as Im one of those fans who will be there and if you hadnt guessed dont take to your coments very kindly.

we arent all stupid pissed fottball yobs who dont know how to behave so stop being so insulting.

J !
05-12-2005, 07:52 AM
Right outside the arena u get drinks and easy to sneak them in, plus I've smoked and drank in there, but theres some much fighting from the scum hooligans that the guards are busy.

no Joke

bollox ive been 4 times and never seen one bit of trouble. So where are all the papaer reports of these so called riots and fights then dickhead?

youo obviously a grade a twat who is making this up. How about I pas son these comments to the sports network press liason whom I know quite well and he ****ing sues your arse for defamation?

kostya will not be in any danger at all and your claims are totally unfounded.

you can sneak them in yes but not in the quantities to get people pissed sunshine.

**** me theres some retards on this site at times.

J !
05-12-2005, 12:41 PM
im not gonna delete those posts cos thats cowardly I am going to however apologise for the way in which i worded them no need and please dont take offence. (if that possible)

sorry chaps had a bit of one of those days today. :(

was uncalled for ranting and i humbly back down even though id dont agree with what was said I should know better than to go into one. sorry. :boxing:

(karma to cortez by way of an apology and 50 k to the painless for same as ive given out too much karma today apparrently (most of it not good lol)

welshwales
05-12-2005, 04:00 PM
There is a small history of trouble in UK boxing. Most notably the Minter v Hagler fight and a Robert Mccracken fight ended rather badly IIRC.

RobbieD
05-12-2005, 06:45 PM
Hatton is gonna win by KO within 4 rounds.

NAB
05-12-2005, 11:10 PM
Hatton is gonna win by KO within 4 rounds.

Yeah. Sure he is.

:rolleyes:

elveiel
05-13-2005, 03:58 AM

no Joke

I've been a lot of times and i've never seen any trouble, your'll maybe get a few dick heads outside but that to be expected.

You can drink whilst waiting outside the Arena, but once you go through the doors it taken off you.

I know you get some rough Mancs there but its boxing and thats the type of people you expect to be there, its never been a problem though.

J !
05-13-2005, 06:34 AM
I've been a lot of times and i've never seen any trouble, your'll maybe get a few dick heads outside but that to be expected.

You can drink whilst waiting outside the Arena, but once you go through the doors it taken off you.

I know you get some rough Mancs there but its boxing and thats the type of people you expect to be there, its never been a problem though.

THATS THE WAY I SHOULD HAVE PUT IT! :o

BrooklynBomber
05-14-2005, 10:57 AM
Well, imo Tszyu will beat Hatton.
Oh and BTW look at my avatar. Cool picture.

Cletus Funk
05-14-2005, 01:26 PM
Well, imo Tszyu will beat Hatton.
Oh and BTW look at my avatar. Cool picture.

Is that a promo poster for the fight?

kidrock
05-14-2005, 04:35 PM
Brooklyn, that is one cool avatar mate!!

BrooklynBomber
05-14-2005, 05:41 PM
Is that a promo poster for the fight?
Nope, just a fan art.

welshwales
05-15-2005, 05:46 AM
Nope, just a fan art.
great avatar picture you have there bomber, do you have a bigger version?

Wiljoy
05-18-2005, 05:10 AM
worst scenario is a cuts stoppage :(

That,I'm afraid,is what the result will be, Kostya has already stated in Australia, that he will be aiming to open Hattons cuts

elveiel
05-18-2005, 06:23 AM
That,I'm afraid,is what the result will be, Kostya has already stated in Australia, that he will be aiming to open Hattons cuts

I read and watched some things Tszyu said and it was quite funny, he was saying Hatton get cut a lot and stunned by big shots!! SO DOES HE!!

i think both fighters can take a shot but because of their styles the both get hit by full power shots at some stage in the fight. If heads come together then both cut easy, even if Hatton get cut slighty more than Tszyu, Hatton has Mick Williamson in his corner and he's the best cuts man in the sport.

I think Styles will decide this fight.

Martin (Top Knowledge)
05-18-2005, 07:31 AM
Ricky Hatton had plastic surgory around his eyes to toughen the skin about 2-3yrs ago, and hasn't suffered any big cuts problems since.

+ Ricky has adapted his fighting style slightly to lower the risk level of getting cut... If you notice, nowadays when he get's into a clinch his intial instinct is to put his glove between his head and the other fighters... So the heads never clash.

He's been doing this for about 2-3yrs now and again, he hasn't suffered any major cuts problems.

I think the Ricky Hatton Cuts issue has been sorted out and gets a little blown out of proportion a bit these days.

Against Kostya Tszyu - Ricky Hatton stands a far greater chance of being knocked out than he does having the fight stopped due to cuts.

That's my opinion... :dunno:

J !
05-18-2005, 07:41 AM
and i agree.
they spotted this could be a problem and took time out after the thaxton fight and got it sorted.

Martin (Top Knowledge)
05-18-2005, 07:52 AM
and i agree.
they spotted this could be a problem and took time out after the thaxton fight and got it sorted.
Hey JPW how you doing my man...!?!

ONLY 17 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... LOL!... ;)

J !
05-18-2005, 09:24 AM
im good mate thanks you?
i know im nearly pissing myself with excitement. :D

Martin (Top Knowledge)
05-18-2005, 09:58 AM
im good mate thanks you?
i know im nearly pissing myself with excitement. :D
I'm good thanks,

You lucky Bastard with the tickets!... I'll be watching it on sky box office. :(

I've been having a little bit of a tough time on here recently with the Yanks... (not all of them of course, some are quite sensible), But others seem to think that the World of boxing begins and ends on the shores of the United States. :dunno:

Check my signature... If the results are all exactly the same and against exactly the same fighters, I have no idea why - the boxing ring must be placed on American soil for the fight to mean anything?.. :(

BIG exhale, and I shrug my shoulders!... LOL!...

J !
05-18-2005, 10:10 AM
haha well problem with that is most the best fighters do fight in the states its frustrating cos i do belive people like hatotn witter calzaghe haye vcould go over there and kick some yankee doodle ass! :D

msocearnaigh
05-18-2005, 10:22 AM
I think JPW could be right here.3rounds 2yrs is nothing really.PlusKZ is no spring chicken and if Hatton can keep moving in and out,giving KZ no respite Ive a feeling FatherTime will come a knocking.Regardless of the outcome,Ive no doubt its gonna be a classic.

Martin (Top Knowledge)
05-18-2005, 10:37 AM
haha well problem with that is most the best fighters do fight in the states its frustrating cos i do belive people like hatotn witter calzaghe haye vcould go over there and kick some yankee doodle ass! :D
Yeah, I know... But I genuinly think Calzaghe would steam role role through Hopkins if he ever got the chance!

Yet I'm finding myself having arguments because the Yanks are saying, "What has Calzaghe done to deserve a shot against the super-middleweight champion Jeff Lacy?"

And I KNOW that if Calzaghe had exactly the same career as he has now, and fought exactly the same people he has... Only he was born an American instead, He'd be a P4P king now. :(

elveiel
05-19-2005, 04:57 AM
Yeah, I know... But I genuinly think Calzaghe would steam role role through Hopkins if he ever got the chance!

Yet I'm finding myself having arguments because the Yanks are saying, "What has Calzaghe done to deserve a shot against the super-middleweight champion Jeff Lacy?"

And I KNOW that if Calzaghe had exactly the same career as he has now, and fought exactly the same people he has... Only he was born an American instead, He'd be a P4P king now. :(

It doesnt get any better, i've been fighting the UK corner for a while now, Frank The Tanks backed me up a lot but the Yanks dont rate anyone who doesnt kiss their ass!!

I've been told by many they would rate Hatton better if he got beat by Tszyu is the US than they would if he beat Tszyu in the UK!?!? I'll never understand that, IMO it doesnt matter where the ring is, its the fighters in it.

tino
05-19-2005, 05:45 AM
damn yankees , they think the world starts in LA and ends in NY.

ya know the worst ? when they say " he is a protected fighter , he never fights outside his country , he should prove himself in vegas "

do they realize that their fighters fight in their country too that would be like sayin jeff lacy should prove himslef in PARIS or MANCHESTER? they say michachelzwky was scared because he never lived germany to fight RJJ , but RJJ never leaved USA neither .

sometimes it makes me which colonel lafayette would have sided with you brits.

elveiel
05-19-2005, 06:07 AM

ya know the worst ? when they say " he is a protected fighter , he never fights outside his country , he should prove himself in vegas "

do they realize that their fighters fight in their country too that would be like sayin jeff lacy should prove himslef in PARIS or MANCHESTER? they say michachelzwky was scared because he never lived germany to fight RJJ , but RJJ never leaved USA neither .

:eek:

I agree with tino about something other than Women, i didnt think i'd ever agree with a French man about boxing!! There's one man in France who knows something about boxing, now all we need is someone from France who can fight. :D

J !
05-19-2005, 06:19 AM
george carpentier and marcel cerdan :eek:
a certain Jean Mark Mormec aint bad neither ;)

BrooklynBomber
05-19-2005, 09:55 AM

No thats not true. The world starts in NY and ends in LA. But this is just the US arrogance. Even though boxing is dying in US and getting bigger in Europe we still think that Las Vegas is boxing Mecca. but give it 5-10 years and you will see us americans change our opinion on who is who in boxing.

J !
05-19-2005, 10:03 AM
haha i love your footer was is all that about

"i lie to girls" :D :D

funny!

Martin (Top Knowledge)
05-19-2005, 11:36 AM
It doesnt get any better, i've been fighting the UK corner for a while now, Frank The Tanks backed me up a lot but the Yanks dont rate anyone who doesnt kiss their ass!!

I've been told by many they would rate Hatton better if he got beat by Tszyu is the US than they would if he beat Tszyu in the UK!?!? I'll never understand that, IMO it doesnt matter where the ring is, its the fighters in it.
That's F**kin' crazy man!...

"I've been told by many they would rate Hatton better if he got beat by Tszyu is the US than they would if he beat Tszyu in the UK!?!? "

I swear, some of them live in a goldfish bowl. Not all Yanks of course, some are quite sensible.

Invader_Stu
05-19-2005, 02:21 PM
Edit: Eek wrong thread :s

majestiC
05-19-2005, 03:37 PM
I can see Hatton winning this within five rounds but depends on his chin/cuts, I honestly don't see tzu keeping up with Hatton's non-stop insane pace due to the lack of rounds tzu has had in the past 2-4 years! Hatton looked more hungry than ever against olivera and with a world title fight with the best he surely must be eating large african elephants at the moment, I cannot wait any longer it sure will be a amazing peice of boxing!

Moon
05-21-2005, 09:21 AM
Ricky is a lot better than people are giving him credit for... And everyone say's he ONLY fights bums. That's not entirly true.

I wouldn't say that Harris's, Witter's, Gatti's, Mayweather's opposition in there last 2yrs/3-4 fights is very different in level to that of Hatton's.
Martin .... you can add Judah's latest exploit to that list.
What a disgrace to have put that man in in ring with Judah. So what if the guy was supposed to have the chin-of-steel, he was dead slow, scare to death, and had very limited c-level skills. Judah must be proud.

the_painless
05-21-2005, 09:58 AM
I am from Australia and i hope to god tszyu smashes him cause i have been winding up a few of my british friends at work. However i think this could be a war! Interestingly here in oz is that some of the betting agencies have tszyu as hot favourtie. The only advice i could give to my workmates is for them to get their money on hatton cause they are giving great odds.
Who is the favourite in England and what's it payin?

elveiel
05-21-2005, 10:59 AM
Tszyu 2/5

Draw 25/1

Hatton 7/4

mosley
05-23-2005, 01:11 AM
Martin .... you can add Judah's latest exploit to that list.
What a disgrace to have put that man in in ring with Judah. So what if the guy was supposed to have the chin-of-steel, he was dead slow, scare to death, and had very limited c-level skills. Judah must be proud.

You got that right. And yet Judah still acts like like an arrogant jerk. A graduate of the Floyd Mayweather school of charm. :rolleyes:

GO KOSTYA! :boxing:

Moon
05-23-2005, 04:15 PM
From BBC Five this morning ........

Hatton warned by confident Tszyu

Tszyu has been beaten once in 33 contests Kostya Tszyu believes that he is far better than anyone Ricky Hatton has ever faced before. The IBF light welterweight champion arrived in England on Sunday, with his 12-strong entourage, for the 5 June clash at Manchester's MEN Arena.

Tszyu said: "Ricky has fought some great fighters but he will find that I am another level above them.

"It is a great challenge for Ricky and he has got guts to step up and take it. I respect all my opponents."

The Russian-Australian has held a version of the world title for 10 years and beaten superstars like Julio Cesar Chavez, Zab Judah and Miguel Angel Gonzalez.

"The Manchester fans have a chance to show the world how good they are" Kostya Tszyu

And the 35-year-old, who has set up camp in Bolton, believes he is in better form than ever having recently returned from a two-year injury absence with a crushing win over Sharmba Mitchell.

Tszyu also insisted the prospect of fighting in front of 22,000 screaming Hatton fans holds no fears.

"If the fans are crazy it will make a great night but I am sure they understand and love boxing," said Tszyu.

"When I fought Chavez in Phoenix in front of 15,000 Mexicans it was so bad I never even waited for the decision.

Martin (Top Knowledge)
05-23-2005, 04:34 PM

There's not much chance of there being any trouble in the M.E.N Arena...

BrooklynBomber
05-23-2005, 06:27 PM
Sure....English fans are most polite and civilised fans in the world :p

elveiel
05-23-2005, 06:39 PM

Tszyu has been beaten once in 33 contests Kostya Tszyu believes that he is far better than anyone Ricky Hatton has ever faced before. The IBF light welterweight champion arrived in England on Sunday, with his 12-strong entourage, for the 5 June clash at Manchester's MEN Arena.

Tszyu said: "Ricky has fought some great fighters but he will find that I am another level above them.

"It is a great challenge for Ricky and he has got guts to step up and take it. I respect all my opponents."

The Russian-Australian has held a version of the world title for 10 years and beaten superstars like Julio Cesar Chavez, Zab Judah and Miguel Angel Gonzalez.

"The Manchester fans have a chance to show the world how good they are" Kostya Tszyu

And the 35-year-old, who has set up camp in Bolton, believes he is in better form than ever having recently returned from a two-year injury absence with a crushing win over Sharmba Mitchell.

Tszyu also insisted the prospect of fighting in front of 22,000 screaming Hatton fans holds no fears.

"If the fans are crazy it will make a great night but I am sure they understand and love boxing," said Tszyu.

"When I fought Chavez in Phoenix in front of 15,000 Mexicans it was so bad I never even waited for the decision.

I read this before on bbc.co.uk, i understand what Tszyu is saying but it just states the obvious. The thing that makes this fight very interesting is the way Hatton has handed beatings to his opponents, he's taken them apart with ease and i'm wondering if he can take that ability up to the highest level. If he can compete with Tszyu then he's a genuine top class fighter, if he can beat Tsyzu he's a genuine top 5 P4P fighter.

NAB
05-23-2005, 07:29 PM
I can see Hatton winning this within five rounds but depends on his chin/cuts, I honestly don't see tzu keeping up with Hatton's non-stop insane pace due to the lack of rounds tzu has had in the past 2-4 years! Hatton looked more hungry than ever against olivera and with a world title fight with the best he surely must be eating large african elephants at the moment, I cannot wait any longer it sure will be a amazing peice of boxing!

This type of post amazes me.

Moon
05-23-2005, 10:49 PM
I read this before on bbc.co.uk, i understand what Tszyu is saying but it just states the obvious. The thing that makes this fight very interesting is the way Hatton has handed beatings to his opponents, he's taken them apart with ease and i'm wondering if he can take that ability up to the highest level. If he can compete with Tszyu then he's a genuine top class fighter, if he can beat Tsyzu he's a genuine top 5 P4P fighter.
True, definitely states the obvious. I can't claim to have closely followed Zoo over a bunch of fights, but I don't seem to recall so many comments by his team prior to Mitchell or even Judah. Both of those fights seemed to deserve lots of talk, given Judah's mouth and Zoo's history with Mitchell. But Zoo and his entire team remained quiet compared to this pending fight build-up. I don't think these guys are "hyping" the fight in an effort to fill the seats, 'cause that's probably not required. So, something is a bit different for Team Zoo this time around, with all the chatter.

Also, I agree with you about Hatton's abilities, particularly wondering if he can take it "to the highest level". I'm sure you didn't intend to suggest much saying it that way, but I think it's probably accurate that Hatton is going to another level with Zoo.

leroy brown
05-24-2005, 04:25 AM
tzsyu says a bit before fights, but in the us its only there hype they want to hear...the over the top hype for judah to beat kostya was a joke....judah had beaten nobody of note at the time o9f the fight, he steamrolled a few club fighters and he was ready....lol...he was shyting himself walkin to the ring, his eyes flickering with fear, kostya worked him out in 1 round and stalked and knocked him out in the 2nd..this thinking that hatton will have to much pressure for kostya must be from people who havent seen him fight..he is a level above the rest, and hatton is in for a reality check, as calzage would be if he stepped up to hopkins...

jason power
05-24-2005, 07:15 AM
All I'm trying to say is that people really point the finger at Ricky Hatton and say he's crap, (I think a little unfairly).

I reckon it may have something to do with him being able to sell 20,000 seats everytime he fights. That's alway's gonna make other fighters jealous.

---------

OK, If you wanna know why I reckon Ricky boy has a very good chance of winning this fight against Kostya Tszyu:

1. The Mitchell fight flattered Kostya Tszyu. Shamba Mitchell was just starting to show signs of being a little shot, and Lovemore Ndou exposed this about 18 months before the Tszyu vs Mitchel II fight took place. + Take a look at Mitchell vs Stewert and 6 months later Hatton vs Stewert. There's a huge difference between the way those two fights are won.

2. Kostya Tszyu is 36yrs old and Ricky Hatton is 26yrs old. No one has ever been able to stop Ricky setting a fast pace to date, I reckon there's a strong chance Kostya Tszyu won't be able to either.

3. Ricky Hatton is a BIGLight-welterweight. He's not gonna be easy to bully around the ring the way Kostya has done to other opponents.

4. I'll get back to you on the rest... Her in doors is calling... LOL!
I think Kostya will be to big and strong for
him come fight nite.Remember Kostya usually
enters the ring at 145-150lbs on fight nites
which generally makes him the physically stronger
guy.You can expect an early attack from Hatton
with Tyszu taking his time getting his angles and
feet in the right position.Then BOOM the big right hand lands
and the fight turns drastically.

Everyone is talking about Hattons body punches.Dont be suprised
to see KT drop Hatton with a body punch.A lot will
depend on how Hatton will handle KTs power and pressure.
I think it will be like a tree cutter cutting down a huge
tree with Kostya chopping away untill Hatton can no longer
take it anymore and will fall hard..

GO KOSTYA
ALL OF AUSTRALIA IS BEHIND YOU MATE....

J !
05-24-2005, 07:32 AM
sorry mate but if you did your reading you would know hatton comes in at the same weight if not slightly higher come fight night. (150 is bout standard for ricky)

neither man will have significant physical advantages

elveiel
05-24-2005, 11:27 AM
sorry mate but if you did your reading you would know hatton comes in at the same weight if not slightly higher come fight night. (150 is bout standard for ricky)

neither man will have significant physical advantages

Maybe not in size but Tszyu's so strong, i know Hattons been classed as a freak of nature but i'd say Tszyu looks stronger.

Martin (Top Knowledge)
05-24-2005, 11:34 AM
I think Kostya will be to big and strong for
him come fight nite.Remember Kostya usually
enters the ring at 145-150lbs on fight nites
which generally makes him the physically stronger
guy.You can expect an early attack from Hatton
with Tyszu taking his time getting his angles and
feet in the right position.Then BOOM the big right hand lands
and the fight turns drastically.

Everyone is talking about Hattons body punches.Dont be suprised
to see KT drop Hatton with a body punch.A lot will
depend on how Hatton will handle KTs power and pressure.
I think it will be like a tree cutter cutting down a huge
tree with Kostya chopping away untill Hatton can no longer
take it anymore and will fall hard..

GO KOSTYA
ALL OF AUSTRALIA IS BEHIND YOU MATE....
I actually think we're more likely to see an early attack from Kostya Tszyu. The longer the fight goes on, the more chance Ricky has of winning it.

Kostya Tszyu may feel like a million dollers in training at the moment, but it will definatly not be in his best interests (at 36yrs of age), to be entering the 10th or 11th round with a young strong Ricky Hatton who's fighting at an even faster pace than he did in the 1st round.

Kostya's best chance of winning is to blast Ricky out of there inside the first four rounds.

If the fight goes to points, Ricky stands a good chance of winning it on sheer work rate only!

Manny_P
05-24-2005, 05:07 PM
Cmon Ricky Haton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Show them foos how we do it!

jason power
05-27-2005, 06:21 AM
I actually think we're more likely to see an early attack from Kostya Tszyu. The longer the fight goes on, the more chance Ricky has of winning it.

Kostya Tszyu may feel like a million dollers in training at the moment, but it will definatly not be in his best interests (at 36yrs of age), to be entering the 10th or 11th round with a young strong Ricky Hatton who's fighting at an even faster pace than he did in the 1st round.

Kostya's best chance of winning is to blast Ricky out of there inside the first four rounds.

If the fight goes to points, Ricky stands a good chance of winning it on sheer work rate only!
I cant really agree that Kostya has to KO him early to win.
As we know Kostya is usually a slow starter.Just getting his range
holding out that left hand.Even at 36 years doesnt make much
differnce as Kostya body hasnt been put through many wars in
the ring.Dont underestimate KT as he is one the most smartest
fighters in the world or be fooled by his lack of recent ring time.

Take into account the power in his right hand and left jab when
used as in the Gonzalez fight. Ricky will be the one starting very
cautiously.Kostya will take a few rounds getting his distance and
timming right while peperring him with his jab.KTs dedication and
experince will be a huge factor.His preperation is all astounding
even for a 36 year old who has been at the top of his tree for
such along time there are never no short cuts.

Should be a great fight and your boy Hatton will learn so much from
this fight.That when KT retires he possibly will be the next champ.
My prediction Kostya by KO round 6-7.
By the way what is the exact time they will be fighting
not what time the fist fight starts.Coz here in OZ ithink
we are 9 hours ahead from the UK.

Martin (Top Knowledge)
05-27-2005, 06:27 AM
I cant really agree that Kostya has to KO him early to win.
As we know Kostya is usually a slow starter.Just getting his range
holding out that left hand.Even at 36 years doesnt make much
differnce as Kostya body hasnt been put through many wars in
the ring.Dont underestimate KT as he is one the most smartest
fighters in the world or be fooled by his lack of recent ring time.

Take into account the power in his right hand and left jab when
used as in the Gonzalez fight. Ricky will be the one starting very
cautiously.Kostya will take a few rounds getting his distance and
timming right while peperring him with his jab.KTs dedication and
experince will be a huge factor.His preperation is all astounding
even for a 36 year old who has been at the top of his tree for
such along time there are never no short cuts.

Should be a great fight and your boy Hatton will learn so much from
this fight.That when KT retires he possibly will be the next champ.
My prediction Kostya by KO round 6-7.
By the way what is the exact time they will be fighting
not what time the fist fight starts.Coz here in OZ ithink
we are 9 hours ahead from the UK.
This is definatly an interesting match up! And that everyone is so divided over it makes it that more interesting!

The Bill starts in the UK at 11:00p.m. and the Kostya Tszyu vs Ricky Hatton fight is scheduled to start at 2:00a.m.

cornerman
05-27-2005, 08:15 AM
I see Kosta winning this fight in the latter stages, it think that Hatton will be too easy to hit by Tszyu and eventually Tszyu will grind hime down leading to a stoppage later in the fight. This fight is really exciting as they both hit hard and in a way both have a punchers chance, i think it will be a great fight. I'll be chearing for Hatton but i think Tszyu will be the winner.

jason power
05-27-2005, 06:28 PM
This is definatly an interesting match up! And that everyone is so divided over it makes it that more interesting!

The Bill starts in the UK at 11:00p.m. and the Kostya Tszyu vs Ricky Hatton fight is scheduled to start at 2:00a.m.

Thanxs mate.Cant wait it will be something special this fight
the young lion against the old bull..
By the way what time is it in England now. Its now 8.30am
here in sydney.

Martin (Top Knowledge)
05-31-2005, 07:01 AM
Thanxs mate.Cant wait it will be something special this fight
the young lion against the old bull..
By the way what time is it in England now. Its now 8.30am
here in sydney.
Kostya Tszyu vs Ricky Hatton fight -

USA - Saturday June 4 at 9pm ET/PT on SHOWTIME
UK - Saturday June 4 at 11pm on Sky Box Office.
Russia - Sunday June 5 at 5am (Moscow time) on channel NTV plus Sport
Australia - Sunday June 5 at 9am AEST on Main Event Pay-Per-View and at participating venues on Fox Sports Pub/Club Vision and Sky Channel

Here you go fella!

jason power
06-01-2005, 11:59 PM
wHO IS THE REF AND WHERE IS HE FROM FOR THE FIGHT.
I know the judges are from other countries

Martin (Top Knowledge)
06-02-2005, 06:50 AM
wHO IS THE REF AND WHERE IS HE FROM FOR THE FIGHT.
I know the judges are from other countries
Dave Parris from England... He's an established referee, done many World title fights.

typeone
06-04-2005, 01:09 PM
Right then guy's thanks for all the posts!! Tonight is the night and I can't wait Ricky is gonna take him out. Can't wait to see the pace of this fight

solo1bc
06-04-2005, 02:31 PM
Ricky can do it provided he doesn't get cut! The kid is soooo white his skin looks like tissue!

If he can hang in there past the 6th I honestly think he can do it!

solo1bc
06-05-2005, 02:23 AM
Go Ricky!!!

Didn't get to watch it... Anyone got any opinions on the fight?

Rocky_Balboa
06-05-2005, 05:38 AM
Kosta needed to step up more and not let Hatton bounce around the ring, Hatton punched better, Kosta mentally wasn't in the scene.

XionComrade
06-05-2005, 09:11 AM
Yeah and none of Kostya's punches even phased Hatton, oh except for that left to the body that crushed Hatton and sent him to the canvas...hehe he did go down, remember?

Didn'y Twszyu land though with the straight right? Didn't seem to phase Hatton, strange!

J !
06-06-2005, 09:11 AM
agreed my friend however here are some reasons why it may not work out the way we expect:

1. inactivity, bloke has had 2.5 rounds in 2.5 years. Ringrust against a hatton in front of a home crowd is not something you want.

2. Michell was dreadful and imo overated massivley, Hatton would have taken him apart, I saw him struggle against mike stewart from ringside, trust me Mitchell was never a great force in the first place. old , shot and ****ting himself he was NO test for Kostya.

3. The fact hatton hasnt taken on a top five fighter may also mean we dont know how good he is. He may surprise everyone.

4. styles, Hatotns style may cause Zoo some problems the only time he lost agianst Phillips he got outworked, and this is hattons forte

5. All through boxing history we have seen fights like this ending up in upset, the young untested prospect against the supposed invincible but ageing champ.

believe me this is 60-40 in Zoo's favour. Nothing more nothing less. ;)

dont wanna gloat but spot on! ;)

djdiesel
06-08-2005, 12:08 PM
ahh..no after comments after the fight eh? I thought Tszyu should of just goen the last round. I hate seeing great champions lost their belts like that..beter be a rematch, if Tszyu doesn't retire...

J !
06-08-2005, 12:13 PM
ITS ALL GOIBGF OFF IN THE NON STOP BOXING MATE.

CANT POST EVERWHERE! :boxing:

dizzy
06-09-2005, 11:55 AM
Doubt therel be a rematch.

dizzy
06-09-2005, 11:58 AM
Door is open for hatton now though. Didnt like the way the crowd responded to zoo though. Sad to see, but not surprising.

mosley
06-10-2005, 10:00 AM
Congratulations to Ricky Hatton he proved me wrong. He fought a great fight. :boxing:

the_painless
06-10-2005, 10:04 PM
dont wanna gloat but spot on! ;)
hey JPW this was not much of a big time statement! i mean what was your prediction- seems you sat on the fence!

rocko617
06-10-2005, 11:27 PM
Well, we all know what the outcome was now and boy, am I dissapointed. Yes, Ricky Hatton was giving Tsyzu the fight of his life, Tsyzu couldn't handle him. And the result of that was Tsyzu quitting!!! Who quits when he is the champ? At least get in there and give your best whether you get knocked out or beat, but quit, my a$$! There is no room for quitters in the ring. How embarrasing to be the champ and quit to a contender. What do you all think?

Rocko out...

Diricul
06-11-2005, 01:36 PM
All through boxing history we have seen fights like this ending up in upset, the young untested prospect against the supposed invincible but ageing champ.

I saw Curry only 2 times. It’s McCallum fight and one of his early bouts. I didn’t see any difference in his shape may be he was even better in the Mike fight because of his experience. He met Honeygun between these fights and was only 25 years old at that time. Do you really think he was old enough to lose beacause of the big age? I’d may be even say he lost because of his young age.:beerchug:

leroy brown
06-12-2005, 08:31 PM
i think you watched a different fight, i saw a great toe to toe fight, i saw kostya in the woprst condition and form of his life and still go 11 rounds, he didnt quit, he was gone and his corner stopped the fight...it was the first time he has never made the weight on time, he was shot by the 7th round..ricky fought a great fight and kept the pressure up till the end, but he couldnt put down a shot 35 yr old guy who was standing in front of him for the last 4 rds with his hands by his side and no gas in the tank....i think kostya if he fights again should go up to 147, 15 yrs at 140 is takin its toll....147 he would stop judah easily and be the undesputed champ...retire then...

J !
06-13-2005, 08:10 AM
hey JPW this was not much of a big time statement! i mean what was your prediction- seems you sat on the fence!

AND WHOM ELSE STATED THIS? HAVE YOU READ ANYONE ELSE SAY WHAT I SATED EVEN IF I SAT ON THE FENCE A LITTLE. I GAVE REASONS HAD FOR WINNING WHEN NO-ONE ELSE GAVE HIM A CHANCE?

its what happend also i stated hatton tko 10 if you wanted a predition i was one round out.

NPO PLEASING SOME FOLK IT SEEMS :D

J !
06-13-2005, 08:12 AM
i think you watched a different fight, i saw a great toe to toe fight, i saw kostya in the woprst condition and form of his life and still go 11 rounds, he didnt quit, he was gone and his corner stopped the fight...it was the first time he has never made the weight on time, he was shot by the 7th round..ricky fought a great fight and kept the pressure up till the end, but he couldnt put down a shot 35 yr old guy who was standing in front of him for the last 4 rds with his hands by his side and no gas in the tank....i think kostya if he fights again should go up to 147, 15 yrs at 140 is takin its toll....147 he would stop judah easily and be the undesputed champ...retire then...

no offence leroy but man you werent calling him shot before the fite dude.

****inell. shot fighters dont go 11 rounds mate. they get ko'd and beat the **** out of.

shot fighters also dont move up a weight and become champs, you are talking a load of **** mate im afriad.