View Full Version : Modern Warfare 2: Close range battle is dead.

Doctor_Tenma
11-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Takes one round to kill the enemy, hardly any time for you or them to react. They need to increase the life, seriously do. Reason why everyone is looking for higher ground or a much larger distance, close range battle is dead.

Beasty
11-13-2009, 07:52 PM
So its now realistic. Good.

Doctor_Tenma
11-13-2009, 07:54 PM
So its now realistic. Good.

Lets just say I see you, you're pretty much dead. That wasn't so much the case with COD 4.

msagrain
11-14-2009, 04:24 AM
I like the fact the aiming is like waw and not cod4 4because on 4 it doesnt stop were you want it to you have to stop a fraction before.

Chex31
11-14-2009, 04:32 AM
Takes one round to kill the enemy, hardly any time for you or them to react. They need to increase the life, seriously do. Reason why everyone is looking for higher ground or a much larger distance, close range battle is dead.
So true, much more harder, should slightly increase the HP

TRAVI$
11-14-2009, 08:45 AM
There was hardly anytime in COD 4 to react.

- v e t -
11-14-2009, 08:53 AM
i LOVE IT... its more like Hardcore on COD4, which is all i played...

the whole "takes a full clip to kill someone" nonsense had to stop

Doctor_Tenma
11-14-2009, 09:33 AM

It sucks in that you don't have enough health to react when being shot at. Reason why people are complaining about campers. The less life, the more campers. I'm not trying to go into enemy territory with that low of a health, I'll either get killed before I get there/ or not accomplish much. I don't mind using an M16 or an M4, I'm good with distance but I feel as if I'm forced to use that style and I'm usually a head on type of player. MP5 is my joint.

It's no fun when you're pretty much dead if the enemy sees you first. In COD 4, I had the time to react and do me. Anyway, I hate to complain, I do enjoy the game but the health is a killer.

Mersey
11-14-2009, 09:55 AM
I like it, it's realistic and fun.

If you were in a close range battle in real life, you would have time to get shot, move out of the way and shoot back.

- v e t -
11-14-2009, 10:11 AM
It sucks in that you don't have enough health to react when being shot at. Reason why people are complaining about campers. The less life, the more campers. I'm not trying to go into enemy territory with that low of a health, I'll either get killed before I get there/ or not accomplish much. I don't mind using an M16 or an M4, I'm good with distance but I feel as if I'm forced to use that style and I'm usually a head on type of player. MP5 is my joint.

It's no fun when you're pretty much dead if the enemy sees you first. In COD 4, I had the time to react and do me. Anyway, I hate to complain, I do enjoy the game but the health is a killer.

its funny because my K/D ratio is much higher in this one... granted i've only spent about 15 hrs playing so far whereas i have like 25 days logged in COD4... but im lovin it...

i dont like how many levels there are though, its just too long to unlock some ****, like claymores at 31? cmon and you only get 1??? and it cancels your frag??

MetalVomit
11-14-2009, 02:11 PM
it's more realistic, but now it's going to come down to a bunch of campers hiding somewhere up high and waiting/hoping for someone to come their way. I ain't got time for that, I still go running out there anyway, I'd rather try and get some enjoyment out of my game by looking for action rather than hiding to boost stats that matter not a bit.

- v e t -
11-14-2009, 02:13 PM
it's more realistic, but now it's going to come down to a bunch of campers hiding somewhere up high and waiting/hoping for someone to come their way. I ain't got time for that, I still go running out there anyway, I'd rather try and get some enjoyment out of my game by looking for action rather than hiding to boost stats that matter not a bit.

yeah, i run n gun like a mofo and still get mad kills.... im using the SCAR (bling) w/ extended mags and silencer

but there's two maps specifically (estate and the one with all the bunkers) where i've seen mad camping

but other than that i love it... terminal is probably my fave level so far

Chip2006uk
11-14-2009, 02:35 PM

Same here, used to love hardcore mode on COD4, the new one feels like hardcore is on by default.

Tuggers1986
11-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Lets just say I see you, you're pretty much dead. That wasn't so much the case with COD 4.

Well that means the person who sees the enemy first has the upper hand, which is the case in real life so its better that way

Ryn0
11-14-2009, 05:30 PM
It would bother me if COD was an arcade shooter like Halo or Resistance, but its not it aiming for realism and its better this way.

Doctor_Tenma
11-14-2009, 07:17 PM

You express how I feel man. I'm tired of campers but I can't blame them. With that sort of health how can you average a +?

Doctor_Tenma
11-14-2009, 07:21 PM
Well that means the person who sees the enemy first has the upper hand, which is the case in real life so its better that way

With more health, you seperate the good from the great players. With low health, 1st see 1st kill; everyones on the same level.

THE REED™
11-14-2009, 07:27 PM
You definitely die faster in MW2.. it is a bit frustrating.

- v e t -
11-14-2009, 07:29 PM
You definitely die faster in MW2.. it is a bit frustrating.

and you can DEF tell who is using stopping power..... its 1-2 shots n your dead....

that gets aggravating... stopping power is the new juggernaut in terms of making it unfair

BUT: if i'm not *****ing because im free to use it i just prefer not to!

Undefeated
11-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Its not like real life. You respawn.

MetalVomit
11-14-2009, 08:23 PM
Its not like real life. You respawn.

lmao, rock-solid defense. I'd prefer having more health like COD4.

Doctor_Tenma
11-15-2009, 04:56 AM
I'm sick of being in the same level as everyone else. I could set aside my level as the better player with more added health.

$partacus
11-15-2009, 07:11 AM
I'm sick of being in the same level as everyone else. I could set aside my level as the better player with more added health.

I'd be the greatest if i had more health, at the moment i'm just breaking even on my k/d ratio. :lol1: