View Full Version : Hatton Vs Junior Witter

typeone
04-03-2005, 02:14 PM
I really dont understand why this fight has never took place! Before boxer's go across the pond they need to beat the best at home first I think. I would love to see this fight who do you think would win?

kidrock
04-03-2005, 03:29 PM
True typeone, I really feel that a lot of the reason that this potential classic never got made is probably a lot to do with Mr Frank Warren!!!

IMO I think Hatton would beat Junior Whitter but The Hitter would have really put it up to him!!

eden
04-03-2005, 03:33 PM
warren didnt want the fight to happen cos he knows witter has the style to beat hatton

kidrock
04-03-2005, 03:38 PM
Thats what really gets me about Warren, he very rarely puts his fighters up against anyone decent, hence why Sky punted his shows to a Friday night.

gulch
04-03-2005, 03:52 PM
Delighted to see that others have noticed Frank Warren's nefarious tactics. Why would he risk his over rated fighters when he can make a nice living from the micky mouse WBO titles

typeone
04-04-2005, 05:24 AM
I think witter would win! I would want Hatton to win but Witter wips his bunches and I do believe that this fight would end on Hatton having cuts???

J !
04-04-2005, 08:28 AM
warren didnt want the fight to happen cos he knows witter has the style to beat hatton

Gentlemen shall we just get our facts straight here. It wasnt that just that Witters style was the problem. There is more too it that that.

Witter jealous at hattons early career promotion as he in the same promoters stable (sports network aka Frank Warren), threw a hissy fit at the fact he wasnt getting as good fights nor as much coverage as the Hitman.

Now that is down to crowd pleasing styles, hatotn draws 20 k Junior couldnt draw turds to fly post his Zab judah effort, Im afraid and Junior while he was with SN was contracted to meet hatton. Witter had an acrimonous split with Warren which involved a war of words.

So from Warrens perspective do you blame him, and witters do you blame him? No and no, warren doenst want to give witter any help after their fall out and witter basicaly for 18 months of his career until recently has made a noise and impact through calling out hatton.

Amazing now he has signed with Golden boy promotions that all of a sudden "Hatton is irrelevant."

so there you go, thats roughly what occured, these things arent as simple as one fighter ducking another.
:boxing:

kidrock
04-04-2005, 12:00 PM
Thanks for that JPW, that has opened my eyes a little with regards to why Frank Warren is so disinterested in Junior!!

2+2 doesnt equal 5!!

kingmo
04-04-2005, 12:00 PM
Gentlemen shall we just get our facts straight here. It wasnt that just that Witters style was the problem. There is more too it that that.

Witter jealous at hattons early career promotion as he in the same promoters stable (sports network aka Frank Warren), threw a hissy fit at the fact he wasnt getting as good fights nor as much coverage as the Hitman.

Now that is down to crowd pleasing styles, hatotn draws 20 k Junior couldnt draw turds to fly post his Zab judah effort, Im afraid and Junior while he was with SN was contracted to meet hatton. Witter had an acrimonous split with Warren which involved a war of words.

So from Warrens perspective do you blame him, and witters do you blame him? No and no, warren doenst want to give witter any help after their fall out and witter basicaly for 18 months of his career until recently has made a noise and impact through calling out hatton.

Amazing now he has signed with Golden boy promotions that all of a sudden "Hatton is irrelevant."

so there you go, thats roughly what occured, these things arent as simple as one fighter ducking another.
:boxing:

Not true, Witter was with sports network for a number of years without any problems between himself and Frank warren. Your right he wasn't a draw, however Witter vs Hatton was and still is the biggest domestic fight out there, its the fight the British public wanted to see and still do. Witter vs Hatton would have sold the MEN arena out 3 times over.

You mention Hatton ducking Witter, Hatton is not ducking anyone.. however his promoter is, Witter was a risk for Hatton, Warren does not take risky fights or even 50/50 fights for his fighters. He doesn't want to risk losing his golden goose. Just look at Joe Calzaghe, what a waste of a career.

Frank Warren is becoming a joke, the only reason the Tszyu fight has been made is because after 38 nobody's, blown up lightweights and over the hill fighters, everyone has had enough; the public demanded it, the media demanded it and most importantly for Warren, Hatton demanded it.

typeone
04-04-2005, 03:28 PM
Thanks to Kingmo and J.P.W. I can't knock any of your views! But as you are saying the likes of Don King and Warren are not really showing us guys the fights that should be seen, It will end up like wrestling soon lol... I think Terry Marsh had the right idea if you know what I mean..MMM Didn't tyson give him a slap too? Boxers know Boxers and a boxer who wants to be in the history books should then take the power out of promoters hands and demand the good fights.. At the end of the day good draws pull loads of doe anyway. A another fight I would ahve loved to see would have been Roy Jones Vs Steve Colins... Would have loved to see that fight...(Q)Who would win?

kingmo
04-04-2005, 07:24 PM
Thanks to Kingmo and J.P.W. I can't knock any of your views! But as you are saying the likes of Don King and Warren are not really showing us guys the fights that should be seen, It will end up like wrestling soon lol... I think Terry Marsh had the right idea if you know what I mean..MMM Didn't tyson give him a slap too? Boxers know Boxers and a boxer who wants to be in the history books should then take the power out of promoters hands and demand the good fights.. At the end of the day good draws pull loads of doe anyway. A another fight I would ahve loved to see would have been Roy Jones Vs Steve Colins... Would have loved to see that fight...(Q)Who would win?

Jones Jr vs Collins would have been a good fight.. out of the three Brits - Eubank, Benn and Collins, I think Collins would have had the best chance against Jones Jr. However without going into it in too much detail, I think Jones Jr would have had too much for Collins. Greater speed, footwork, ring generalship and allround skills, the man really was in another league back then.

typeone
04-05-2005, 04:25 AM
Make you right there.

J !
04-05-2005, 06:12 AM
Not true, Witter was with sports network for a number of years without any problems between himself and Frank warren. Your right he wasn't a draw, however Witter vs Hatton was and still is the biggest domestic fight out there, its the fight the British public wanted to see and still do. Witter vs Hatton would have sold the MEN arena out 3 times over.

You mention Hatton ducking Witter, Hatton is not ducking anyone.. however his promoter is, Witter was a risk for Hatton, Warren does not take risky fights or even 50/50 fights for his fighters. He doesn't want to risk losing his golden goose. Just look at Joe Calzaghe, what a waste of a career.

Frank Warren is becoming a joke, the only reason the Tszyu fight has been made is because after 38 nobody's, blown up lightweights and over the hill fighters, everyone has had enough; the public demanded it, the media demanded it and most importantly for Warren, Hatton demanded it.

what is not strue?
I state he was with sports network but it was when hatton got top coverage that the problems started.

Where do I say Hatton is ducking witter?
I dont.

And yes it would have sold the MEN out it would have but by that time Witter had left warren and there were problems Ive already highlighted.

kingmo
04-05-2005, 08:30 AM
what is not strue?
I state he was with sports network but it was when hatton got top coverage that the problems started.

Where do I say Hatton is ducking witter?
I dont.

And yes it would have sold the MEN out it would have but by that time Witter had left warren and there were problems Ive already highlighted.

"Witter jealous at hattons early career promotion as he in the same promoters stable (sports network aka Frank Warren), threw a hissy fit at the fact he wasnt getting as good fights nor as much coverage as the Hitman." - Witter never showed signs of being jealous at Hattons promotion while he was with Sports Network, he simply campaigned for big fights and the biggest fight out there, Hatton. It was clear he was always going to be playing second fiddle to Hatton, and so eventually had to leave.

"so there you go, thats roughly what occured, these things arent as simple as one fighter ducking another" - I didnt say you think Hatton was ducking Witter - but you statement implies that is what the general consensus is.

Frank and Witter didn't part on the best of terms, your right. And this is obviously a big obstacle in making the fight now, however another big obstacle is the fact that Hatton could possibly lose to Witter; high risk against not such a highly regarded name.

If the split between Warren and Witter is the underlying factor as to why the fight has not been made, than why oh why was it not made during all them years Witter was with Warren?

J !
04-05-2005, 09:18 AM
cos my man hatton wasnt ready and frank knew it.
Witter was at a far more advanced stage of his career having fought the likes of Jan bergman and judah while hatton hadnt even fought thaxton by the time witter left. In fact his top name was mark winters by the time Junior fought Judah. However hatton was starting to get the star billing on sky.
Hardly gonna make junior like ricky is it.

Ark
04-06-2005, 05:38 PM
its because warren knows that he's gonna lose

eden
04-07-2005, 06:00 PM
witter would draw more than oliviera,pederson etc.....

Sn1
04-07-2005, 07:09 PM
does volume punching oliveira have a decent following?

ive only seen him a few times but i think he holds the
record for most punches thrown in a fight or something

J !
04-08-2005, 05:12 AM

sorry mate but what are you going on about?

witter v hatton of course it would sell out.

but witter vs oliviera wouldnt half fiull the arena wheras Hatton vs Oliveira sold it out, can you see where im coming from.

Diricul
05-27-2005, 12:28 PM
Witter would definitely win, because heís too unexpected, mobile and fast. Heís also too clever to let Ricky to dictate him tempo and rules of the fight. Hatton needs stationary opponent to win.
Wiitter almost outclassed Judah and Zab is a better boxer than Ricky. JW didnít do it completely because only of his weak punching power. At present Witter has enough power to knock someone out.

elveiel
05-27-2005, 12:31 PM
Hatton would make short work of Witter, i think Witters a good fighter but as a styles match Hatton would bust him up.

AJ53
05-27-2005, 07:16 PM
Witter would definitely win, because heís too unexpected, mobile and fast. Heís also too clever to let Ricky to dictate him tempo and rules of the fight. Hatton needs stationary opponent to win.
Wiitter almost outclassed Judah and Zab is a better boxer than Ricky. JW didnít do it completely because only of his weak punching power. At present Witter has enough power to knock someone out.
witter almost outclassed judah!!!
thats gotta be the funniest thing i've seen posted on this site!!
how can you outbox somebody when you're not willing to exchange blows, watch the fight again my friend.
witter ran!!!!
judah won!!!!

Diricul
05-28-2005, 01:22 PM
Hatton would make short work of Witter, i think Witters a good fighter but as a styles match Hatton would bust him up. Do you really think Hatton moves in the ring better and has more speed in distant shots than Judah?
Witter will play with a distance and never be near Ricky. I will give Hitman no one chance.

Diricul
05-28-2005, 02:22 PM
witter almost outclassed judah!!!
thats gotta be the funniest thing i've seen posted on this site!!
how can you outbox somebody when you're not willing to exchange blows, watch the fight again my friend.
witter ran!!!!
judah won!!!!Of course, Judah won that fight and it was just, but very close desicion. Witter became the other now.
At that time Witter hadnít any power in his punches and he was clever by declinig exchanges. But he controled all the fight and was never hurted. Itís important to understand that Judah was absolutely liberated because that fight wasnít very important for him and he felt that his opponent canít hurt. Judah was very good but wasnít be able to do anything with Hitter who was feeling each Zabsí turn and hitting him with his insectian punches. Now Witter became a puncher, the power of his shots is near the Judahís one and if today the fight between these two boxers takes place it would go on the same scenario as Lewis-Tua did. May be even Judah would be TKOed.

elveiel
05-28-2005, 03:29 PM
Do you really think Hatton moves in the ring better and has more speed in distant shots than Judah?
Witter will play with a distance and never be near Ricky. I will give Hitman no one chance.

Ricky Hatton closes the distance very well, his footwork is perfect for his style. I think people rate Witters win against Ndou too highly, after all Ndou tried to box a boxer and in all honesty he no more than a tough durbable fighter.

I'd predict a KO for Hatton, i've seen the worst type of fighters push Witter back with little effort, if they had of had a once of skill or strength they could have beaten him.

Hattons just too strong, busy and aggressive for Witter. I think Witter could fight world class opponents like Mitchell, Corley, Harris, Gatti and do well against them but not someone like Hatton.

RobbieD
05-29-2005, 07:58 AM
Of course, Judah won that fight and it was just, but very close desicion. Witter became the other now.
At that time Witter hadnít any power in his punches and he was clever by declinig exchanges. But he controled all the fight and was never hurted. Itís important to understand that Judah was absolutely liberated because that fight wasnít very important for him and he felt that his opponent canít hurt. Judah was very good but wasnít be able to do anything with Hitter who was feeling each Zabsí turn and hitting him with his insectian punches. Now Witter became a puncher, the power of his shots is near the Judahís one and if today the fight between these two boxers takes place it would go on the same scenario as Lewis-Tua did. May be even Judah would be TKOed.

Very close decision? Obviously you haven't seen the fight.

Diricul
05-29-2005, 11:45 AM
Very close decision? Obviously you haven't seen the fight.I must express it more correct. Judah won the majority of rounds but each of them was close. It was a hard work for Judah and a game for the Witter.
Today Witter would win.

Diricul
05-29-2005, 11:46 AM
Ricky Hatton closes the distance very well, his footwork is perfect for his style. I think people rate Witters win against Ndou too highly, after all Ndou tried to box a boxer and in all honesty he no more than a tough durbable fighter.

I'd predict a KO for Hatton, i've seen the worst type of fighters push Witter back with little effort, if they had of had a once of skill or strength they could have beaten him.

Hattons just too strong, busy and aggressive for Witter. I think Witter could fight world class opponents like Mitchell, Corley, Harris, Gatti and do well against them but not someone like Hatton.Itís hard to prove something Ďcause we see it very different. Iíll try to give some arguments. In the thread ęTszyu will KO Hatton within 3Ē you wrote that Tszyu will be winner in their fight with Ricky and Ricky would defeat Sharmba. I agree with it. You also wrote that we shouldnít pick fights on styles. I agree again. But I think that Sharmba is enough skilled to beat Kostya. There were some rounds in their 2 fights that he clearly won. But Mitchellís nerves are the worst enemy of Mitchell. Just like Judah. Mitchellís nerves are so bad that he wasnít be able to TKO Stewart because Michael Stewart has a heart and didnít want to be broken.
Sharmba is follower of a distant fight, Hatton is a follower of a close fight. I think Mitchellís skill of his style of isnít far from Hattonís skill of his style. I agree that Hattonís footwork is perfect for his style. But Sharmbaís style needs better footwork by definition. He would simply run and hit. But the nerves of Mitchell killed him. Once they showed their nature he canít be elite boxer anymore. Sharmbaís style and skill could bring him a victory in the fight with Hatton, but his nerves will take his victories over big-hearted and well-skilled opponents away. And Iím sure that Hatton who probably has very good (but seldom tested) nerves will definitely TKO him.
Witter has the style that could be compared with Mitchellís one. But his nerves were tested by the best way and it was proven that they are perfect. He boxes in every situation with the same patience, care and killer instinct. Thatís why Itís seems to me that Witter is the best 140-pounder in the world. And heíll prove it soon.i've seen the worst type of fighters push Witter back with little effort, if they had of had a once of skill or strength they could have beaten him.Who are you talking about?

elveiel
05-29-2005, 12:30 PM
Who are you talking about?

Jurgen Haeck mainly, any pressure he put on Witter unsettled him. He looked terrible against Fred Kinuthia and he's one of the worst fighters i've ever seen in the ring.

When have Witter tested his nerves?? Ndou's his biggest win and he didnt even look that confident at times. He wasnt confident against Judah either.

Hattons faced punchers head on and has always come off best, he's never faced anyone as strong as Tszyu but thats only because no one else is a strong as Tszyu.

IMO Witter has ability, he can beat someone very good fighters but guys with strength like Hatton and Tszyu would be too much for him. I'd give him a good chance the fighters i mentioned before but the stronger and more aggressive the opponent the less chance he will have of winning, i believe that 100%.

Diricul
05-29-2005, 02:19 PM
Jurgen Haeck mainly, any pressure he put on Witter unsettled him. He looked terrible against Fred Kinuthia and he's one of the worst fighters i've ever seen in the ring.
Very interesting. Thanks. Iíll see these bouts.When have Witter tested his nerves?? Ndou's his biggest win and he didnt even look that confident at times. He wasnt confident against Judah either.I saw it the other way and think he showed enough confidence and freedom of moves.Hattons faced punchers head on and has always come off best, he's never faced anyone as strong as Tszyu but thats only because no one else is a strong as Tszyu.Iím sure Gatti and Harris would TKO Hatton now. It will be rather clear (who is right and how much heís right) in the fight vs Tszyu.
Urkal was moving better than Hatton a half year ago. He hasnít a power punch but had a better defence than Ricky. I think Hatton would be over-confident vs Harris and it will be bad for him.IMO Witter has ability, he can beat someone very good fighters but guys with strength like Hatton and Tszyu would be too much for him. I'd give him a good chance the fighters i mentioned before but the stronger and more aggressive the opponent the less chance he will have of winning, i believe that 100%.Time shall tell...

elveiel
05-29-2005, 03:18 PM
I saw it the other way and think he showed enough confidence and freedom of moves.

Watch the corner working on Witter during the Ndou fight, you can tell from their reaction he wasnt with it fully. He had enough confidence to get the job done and i think he'll improve a lot when he starts taking more tough fights.

One of the things that put me off Witter was the Pinto fight, he backed out because of Pinto's reputation.

welshwales
05-29-2005, 07:12 PM
Id say Witter would KO Hatton in 5, he has too much power.

elveiel
05-30-2005, 03:00 AM
Id say Witter would KO Hatton in 5, he has too much power.

I dont know how you can compare Hatton and Witter power at the moment, Witters looks quite impressive but when you consider the type of fighter he's been KOing and then look at the fighter Hattons been KOing it looks a lot less impressive. Hatton's KO'd a lot of fighters who have never been stopped whilst Witters been KOing fighters with no chin.

When Witter steps up the level of opponent we'll see how hard he can punch in comparison.

Diricul
05-30-2005, 03:30 AM
Watch the corner working on Witter during the Ndou fight, you can tell from their reaction he wasnt with it fully. He had enough confidence to get the job done and i think he'll improve a lot when he starts taking more tough fights.

One of the things that put me off Witter was the Pinto fight, he backed out because of Pinto's reputation.I think itís rather understandable. Trainer should never be satisfied. In that bout Witter broke the hand Ė itís an important factor also. Cotto looked worse in the Nídou fight. And donít forget that a W is a W, as said Corrales. For example Judah wasnít impressed by Tszyuís perfomance versus Urkal and he was right. Just like Nídou Urkal is not a champ also, not an elite. But he is always busy and lionhearted. Iím sure he won the 1st fight vs Harris and he stepped in the ring for the 2nd fight with the broken nose. Urkal can help each one to be looked poor. Nídou isnít Urkal but if Lovemoreís opponent wants to outclass him he must have the great skills.

And what reputation Pinto has? I know nothing about itÖ
Do you know exactly that Pintoís reputation was the main cause of Witterís decision to back it out?

Iíve heard that Witter and Hamed have the same trainer. Is it true?

Diricul
05-30-2005, 04:07 AM
I donít see a lot of difference between the opposition of Hatton and Witter. Hatton never met opponents like NíDou. A year ago NíDou asked Hatton to give him a fight. And Hatton (may be Warren) backed it.
I saw the real skill in the 2 last bouts of Ricky. His opponents (Stewart and Oliveira) was still poor. Donít look at the records because they showed nothing, I say more they didnít even try to show something. But Hatton showed the next level of skill.

elveiel
05-30-2005, 04:37 AM
I think itís rather understandable. Trainer should never be satisfied. In that bout Witter broke the hand Ė itís an important factor also. Cotto looked worse in the Nídou fight. And donít forget that a W is a W, as said Corrales. For example Judah wasnít impressed by Tszyuís perfomance versus Urkal and he was right. Just like Nídou Urkal is not a champ also, not an elite. But he is always busy and lionhearted. Iím sure he won the 1st fight vs Harris and he stepped in the ring for the 2nd fight with the broken nose. Urkal can help each one to be looked poor. Nídou isnít Urkal but if Lovemoreís opponent wants to outclass him he must have the great skills.

And what reputation Pinto has? I know nothing about itÖ
Do you know exactly that Pintoís reputation was the main cause of Witterís decision to back it out?

Iíve heard that Witter and Hamed have the same trainer. Is it true?

Witters camp got a tape of Pinto before the fight, they said it was nothing but brutal KO's and a couple of days later Witter got an injury that forced him out of the fight :o

Witters current coach was Hameds coach(Brendan Ingle), Hamed was with Ingle through the majority of his career.

How much of Witter career have you seen?? The difference between opponents is huge, Ndou was the 1st time Witter had fought someone within the world top 40-50 since Judah. His opponents have been terrible and Hattons have been very tough, not elite but very tough and durable.

Hatton would hand Nodu a beating, he's no way near as good as Hatton, they were going to fight him as a warm up but from my understanding the Vivian Harris fight came up and they switched their attention to him. Hattons fought better guys than Ndou, IMO Magee(who Witter wouldnt fight), Phillips, Tackie and Olivera are all superior fighters, even guys like Krivolapov(who Witter wouldnt fight), Rios and Stewart are at the same skill level. Ndou's just overated because he caused Cotto a few problems.

Diricul
05-30-2005, 05:11 AM
May be Witter will defend his european belt vs Kotelnik. Itís not bad for him because Kotelnik is a number 5 of WBA.

Martin (Top Knowledge)
05-30-2005, 06:21 AM
Yeah I remember when Witter pulled out of the Kelson Pinto fight!

I remember him saying at the time, "It's not fair! How come Ricky Hatton gets easy fights and the only way I get recognition is to fight a young unbeaten KO artist like Pinto!"

I think Witter has spent most of his career feeding off of Hatton's.

Witter needs to forget about Ricky Hatton, and concentrate on his own career... (granted, he is now doing that!) WBC Mandatory challenger.

I agree with you elveiel though... Witter backing out of the Pinto fight did put me off Witter a lot too. Guys like Ricky Hatton are willing to fight anyone, they're not scared and they're not thinking "This isn't fair!" - They will fight anyone because they truely believe in themselves that they can beat ANY light-welterweight in the World right now.

Diricul
05-30-2005, 03:02 PM
Witters camp got a tape of Pinto before the fight, they said it was nothing but brutal KO's and a couple of days later Witter got an injury that forced him out of the fight :o .I didnít expect it...
Itís not beautiful... May be itís time to say that Hatton never met qualifyied opponents also and itís easy to say that promoter didnít let him to fight Harris, but weíre about Witter now...
I donít think it indicates that heís a coward (it will be clear in the future). But at least it indicates that he thinks not like a warrior but like a businessman. And the same thing can be said about Roy Jones.How much of Witter career have you seen??I've seen three fights.The difference between opponents is huge, Ndou was the 1st time Witter had fought someone within the world top 40-50 since Judah. His opponents have been terrible and Hattons have been very tough, not elite but very tough and durable.Richard had never fought guys ranked as high as Judah and NíDou.

Diricul
05-30-2005, 03:11 PM
His opponents have been terrible.You know I can tell the same thing about Hattonís opponents. Stewart did his worst fight with him not because he lost, not because he didnít complete what he was trying to do. But because he even DIDNíT TRY to do something. And Stewartís record isnít natural. He was beating novices his whole career. He lost to Sharmba by points. And the cause of this is in Mitchellís bad perfomance and in Stewart's will that he showed in that fight. There wasnít any will in the fight vs Hatton.
Oliveira's 3000 punches within 1 fight are in the 2001 and now itís a respective veteran who lost all his skills and has only an average shape. And only this average shape let him to stand so many rounds against Ricky because he didnít try to do nothing also.
It were 2 Hattonís best matches. And I think he grew up a lot and was very good. But they are his best matches not because there were interesting opposition of two boxers in them, they were his best because he showed the best perfomance in comparision with his other fights.
I didnít see the fight with Magee.
Krivolapov is a fighter Iíve seen many times but didnít see his fight vs Richard and canít tell how good he was at that time. I respect Mikhail. Heís a tough fighter with an usually decent shape and sometimes he can punch. But heís very limited.
When Vince beated Tszyu he was only drug-addict. When he fought Hatton he became an alcoholic also:) We should add his age and it will the true portrait of this amazing fighter. But he didnít lost all his skills and his heart stroked by stimulators isnít just lion, itís the heart of a tyranozaurus. He gave Hatton good fight as he would give it to each other in this division. It was the hardest Rickyís bout I think. May be except Magee. The other opponents like Vilches were in the ring as long as their chins and guts let them. Punching bags with different durability.Hatton would hand Nodu a beating, he's no way near as good as Hatton, they were going to fight him as a warm up but from my understanding the Vivian Harris fight came up and they switched their attention to him.IMO it would be a clean UD with a tough resistance.Hattons fought better guys than Ndou.Itís a question.IMO Magee(who Witter wouldnt fight), Phillips, Tackie and Olivera are all superior fighters, even guys like Krivolapov(who Witter wouldnt fight), Rios and Stewart are at the same skill level. Ndou's just overated because he caused Cotto a few problems.Tackie is extremely dumb but tought. His only meaningful win was over Oliveira. And if to be honest took no one round in the 3 most important fights of his career. NíDouís losses are all rather close.

Diricul
05-30-2005, 03:17 PM
Yeah I remember when Witter pulled out of the Kelson Pinto fight!
I remember him saying at the time, "It's not fair! How come Ricky Hatton gets easy fights and the only way I get recognition is to fight a young unbeaten KO artist like Pinto!"
I think Witter has spent most of his career feeding off of Hatton's.Iíve heard many times about his feelings to Hatton but Iím really upsetted by this.

Diricul
05-30-2005, 03:18 PM
Witter needs to forget about Ricky Hatton, and concentrate on his own career... (granted, he is now doing that!) WBC Mandatory challenger.By the way, I just read it on **********.net:

PRESS RELEASE: Hennessy Sports Carl Froch and Junior Witter Ė who co-headline at the Nottingham Arena on Saturday July 9th Ė have come in for glowing praise from six-weight world champion Oscar de la Hoya for flying the flag for Britain on the world stage....
... ďMe and Frochy loved bringing the heat to America, so after we have taken care of business on July 9th we will be looking to head back out there as soon as possible,Ē said WBC #3 Witter, who next defends his European title against tough mandatory contender Andreas Kotelnik. ďBy getting us fighting on both sides of the pond, Hennessy Sports have given us a fantastic opportunity. It is something no other promotional outfit can offer.Ē Witter added: ďI am going to target Ė and beat Ė the best light welterweights in the world. ďI want Floyd Mayweather, Arturo Gatti, Miguel Cotto and
Kostya Tszyu, once he has finished with Hatton. ďAt some point I will still want to squeeze Ricky in as
well. Itís not about business, its personal. I want to knock him out. ďI am happy to go to all their backyards to do it; to prove to British fans that I can beat anyone anywhere. ďAt the end of the day, that is what this is all about Ė getting the nation behind me and in love with the sport once again. ďIím not going to do that by fighting soft touches, or hiding behind fringe titles.Ē

elveiel
05-30-2005, 03:28 PM
I didnít expect it...
Itís not beautiful... May be itís time to say that Hatton never met qualifyied opponents also and itís easy to say that promoter didnít let him to fight Harris, but weíre about Witter now...
I donít think it indicates that heís a coward (it will be clear in the future). But at least it indicates that he thinks not like a warrior but like a businessman. And the same thing can be said about Roy Jones.

Maybe that can be said but Roy Jones jr is a multi millionaire and Witter isnt, a good business man makes money before he's too old and its not certain if Witter will do that.

If you think Witter is a better fighter than Hatton then you must think Hattons the better business man because he's earnt a lot more money even though in your opinion he's not as good.

elveiel
05-30-2005, 03:33 PM
Tackie is extremely dumb but tought. His only meaningful win was over Oliveira. And if to be honest took no one round in the 3 most important fights of his career. NíDouís losses are all rather close.

I think Ben Tackie is a underated fighter, i didnt see Tszyu trying to mix it with him. Anyone who can make a huge puncher like Tszyu fight a cautious fight must be a tough guy.

I have no doubt Tackie would beat Ndou, i think the way they fight is like one another but Tackie is stronger and can punch a lot harder.

Martin (Top Knowledge)
05-30-2005, 03:37 PM
Krivolapov is fighter Iíve seen many times but didnít see his fight vs Richard and canít tell how good he is in that time. I respect Mikhail. Heís a tough fighter with an usually decent shape and sometimes he can punch. But heís very limited.
Krivolapov was ranked WBC #3 when Ricky fought him.

Martin (Top Knowledge)
05-30-2005, 03:45 PM
Iíve heard many times about his feelings to Hatton but Iím really upsetted by this.
I wouldn't worry too much because it seems Witter has finally stopped banging on about Ricky Hatton, and gone off to get his own success.

said WBC #3 Witter.
I don't understand this though :confused: Coz' the fight with Lovemore Ndou was a WBC mandatory eliminator?

ďI want Floyd Mayweather, Arturo Gatti, Miguel Cotto and Kostya Tszyu, once he has finished with Hatton. ďAt some point I will still want to squeeze Ricky in as
well. Itís not about business, its personal. I want to knock him out.
Maybe Junior Witter does still have a little bit of a bad feeling towards Ricky Hatton... I think it's financial jealousy though, and nothing more.

elveiel
05-30-2005, 03:46 PM
I've seen three fights.

Who against??

If you think Hattons opponents are terrible your very wrong, his opponents not great fighters but he's always been in with guys who can fight and have good chins.

Magee IMO could have been a genuine world class fighter, i think he'd have been top 10 if the wasnt so lazy. He's another fighter Witter backed out agaisnt. Even after the savage street beating he took which nearly ruined his career i'd pick him to beat Witter.

I think i've watched about 50% of Witters career and every opponent i've seen him in against(except Judah & Ndou) came into the fight with no will to win, not only that they had no skill, no chin and majority shouldnt have been allowed to fight.

I honestly think Witter a long way off beating someone like Hatton, i doubt if he ever could beat him. Hopefuly Witter will face some tough fighters who come to fight, then given a year or two i'd like to see Hatton vs Witter.

J !
05-31-2005, 08:48 AM
mate id give up to state that witter has fought better opponents than hatton so vociferously when clearly hatton has fougth better oppoenents outside Judah is clear enough a sign that the bloke loves Witter.

Fact is Hatotn destroyed Tackie the fight after he took on zoo, destroyed phillips two fights afte rhe took on zoo, so they all of sudden were too old but a fight before were good enough to challenge the best at the weight.

Hmmmm. ****ing rubbish that is.

Witter fought Judah **** himslef and got on his bike, if it wasnt the knockdowns against Ndou he would have lost.

Get real son, Witter has been mouthing off for too ****ing long hanging off Hatotns coat tails.

I mean come on his necxt oppoenets biggest feat is losing and SD to soul mbaye.

Whiel hatotn is going in with Zoo.

That tells you all you need to know.

Martin (Top Knowledge)
05-31-2005, 08:54 AM
Witter stated this today on skysports website:

Hatton's fellow British light-welterweight Junior Witter tipped the Russian-born Australian to prevail at the weekend.

The Bradford boxer insisted: "I want Hatton to win because it is better for British boxing if he does that. It's great to have people like Ricky and Amir Khan to bring interest back and put boxing back on the back pages.

"But I just don't think he's got a chance. I don't think he's got enough skill to outbox him or enough power to stop him, and I think he's too easy to hit.

"He's stepping in with someone so sharp and accurate and who is the wrong person to step up against. He should have fought better calibre opponents a long time ago."

I think Witter still doesn't like Hatton... But I think he's just jealous of Hatton purely in a financial way.

Martin (Top Knowledge)
05-31-2005, 08:56 AM
It Kinda makes you not like Junior Witter saying stuff like that 4 days before the biggest fight in this Country in a decade!

He really should be getting behind his fellow countryman.

Diricul
05-31-2005, 11:40 AM
Maybe that can be said but Roy Jones jr is a multi millionaire and Witter isnt, a good business man makes money before he's too old and its not certain if Witter will do that.

If you think Witter is a better fighter than Hatton then you must think Hattons the better business man because he's earnt a lot more money even though in your opinion he's not as good.I said that Witter thinks not like a warrior but like a business man to express my little upset. And the same thing I can say about Jones. IMO Jones is a best boxer but the fact that we lost some great fights (like Eubank vs Jones) is his guilty.

Of course Hatton is a better business man, because there is the only one thing in business that can determinate its quality Ė itís a result. May be something will change in the future but today Hatton is definitely better.

Diricul
05-31-2005, 11:41 AM
I think Ben Tackie is a underated fighter, i didnt see Tszyu trying to mix it with him. Anyone who can make a huge puncher like Tszyu fight a cautious fight must be a tough guy.

I have no doubt Tackie would beat Ndou, i think the way they fight is like one another but Tackie is stronger and can punch a lot harder.I already said that I also think Tackieís tough but I donít think Tackie would beat NíDou. They have almost the same percents of knockouts (Tackie has 16 KOs in 26 wins, NíDou has 25 in 39) and losses (Tackie has 5, NíDou has 8). Tackie has better plasticity, NíDou has more strenght. NíDou gave the problems to each top fighter he met, Tackie lost each round. NíDou has more experience. NíDou is older but its only Tackie whoís over the hill.

About Ben vs Tszyu. Itís rather interesting fight. But Kostya never wanted to KD him. I hope youíll get a possibility to watch this fight and without a doubt you will agree. Itís very clear if to compare it with the fight Tszyu vs Urkal in which Urkal could even win but didnít do enough. In the Tackie fight all was different. Tszyu wanted to show his skills and he said it in the post-fight interviews. It werenít excuses Ďcause Tszyu never said it before but won 5 fights by UD. It was like a cat with a mouse and this cat wasnít hungry.

Itís sad that Oktay Urkal left the division. Because if Hatton will lose to Tszyu, he would be the best choice for Ricky. The other great opponent that will make Ricky to show his whole potential in the ring is Fransisco ďPunchitoĒ Bojado who is extremely talented but lazy. I didnít see Magee but sure Punchito at least has the same talent. Heís young but already had very strong opposition. Bojadoís rival Juan Carlos Rubio who isnít talented and low powered by but has a lion heart, fantastic workrate and exellent tactics skill would be another good opponent. Of course Mohammad Abdullaev would be great also. May be Branco and Hurtado. Sharmba and Leija left division. But Hatton never met even NíDou (I donít say about Magee).
I hope he will meet high level opponents after Tszyu. If not we will not know his true potential for a long time because this division isnít just full of stars but just like other divisions also full of overrated dumb ones and bums. And Corley is a bright example. He is in the top ten but his experience and durability are his only aces.

Diricul
05-31-2005, 11:44 AM
Who against??Judah, Battaglia and highlights of the NíDou fight.If you think Hattons opponents are terrible your very wrong, his opponents not great fighters but he's always been in with guys who can fight and have good chins. Almost all of them could stand the whole bout vs Corley. Some could win... Yes, it would be fights of ďworld classĒ boxers but if to be honest the majority of them would be a parade of clowns.Magee IMO could have been a genuine world class fighter, i think he'd have been top 10 if the wasnt so lazy. He's another fighter Witter backed out agaisnt. Even after the savage street beating he took which nearly ruined his career i'd pick him to beat Witter.As I said I didnít see him yet. Itís sad. May be itís an exception from the Richardís opponentsí list.I think i've watched about 50% of Witters career and every opponent i've seen him in against(except Judah & Ndou) came into the fight with no will to win, not only that they had no skill, no chin and majority shouldnt have been allowed to fight.I agree. But I would say the same words about Richardís guests:) Except Philips (and Magee?).

Diricul
05-31-2005, 11:49 AM
Krivolapov was ranked WBC #3 when Ricky fought him.Itís curious because after his loss to Urkal he won vs the opponents with the following records: 0-0-0, 0-1-0, 0-2-1, 17-7-0 (one of two his greatest wins, WBC International Light Welterweight Title), 0-6-0, 0-0-0 and 4-15-0.
But fact is fact: I was wrong.I wouldn't worry too much because it seems Witter has finally stopped banging on about Ricky Hatton, and gone off to get his own success.I Agree, but itís simply not beautiful and donít add the respect to him.I don't understand this though :confused: Coz' the fight with Lovemore Ndou was a WBC mandatory eliminator?No, it wasnít. It could become it, but WBC declined it. Witter is the WBC #3 and has EBU Light Welterweight belt. Kotelnik is his mandatory.Maybe Junior Witter does still have a little bit of a bad feeling towards Ricky Hatton... I think it's financial jealousy though, and nothing more.Exactly:) The more he's busy the less time to jealousy he has:)

rudy
06-01-2005, 06:32 AM
No way would Collins have beaten Jones he beat a washed up Eubank and Benn . Benn was never the same after the McCellen fight that is a fact. He lost to Mike McCallum clearly and to Reggie Johnson.

He even back out of fight Jo Calzaghe becuase he knew he would lose he got busted up in the gym by Howard Eastman and called it quits

J !
06-01-2005, 07:38 AM
yip agreed Rudy. Ben was never the same and collins was overated as he got Benn and eubank at the right time.

either in their prime would have made short work of collins let alone Jones.

Dr O Strich
06-02-2005, 02:41 PM
I am confident that we will get to see Hatton VS Witter.

Hatton will lose to Kostya Tszyu, after which Mr. Warren will undoubtably be happy to rake in the cash by making this huge domestic showdown.

Depending on how badly Hatton is beaten - and if, as I suspect he will be, he is seriously exposed at true world level then the Witter match up will be one of the few big money fights out there for Hatton.

We are now at a point in boxing where many British "World" champions are little more than good domestic fighters with a plastic bauble hanging around their waist.

Just for the record, I also believe that Witter has the style to beat Hatton.

As good a fighter and as likeable a fellow as Hatton is (and I have met the man) I have to say his record does not so far suggest he is as good as he is made out to be.

I hope I am wrong, but I forsee a Hatton loss to Tszyu followed by a "comeback" fight after which you may well see Mr. Warren back peddling and selling us the fight he will claim he has been trying to make all along - the long awaited match up with Witter.

Diricul
06-03-2005, 10:42 AM
mate id give up to state that witter has fought better opponents than hatton so vociferously when clearly hatton has fougth better oppoenents outside Judah is clear enough a sign that the bloke loves Witter. You should use your plebeian style of talking to talk with your friends not me. Fact is Hatotn destroyed Tackie the fight after he took on zoo, destroyed phillips two fights afte rhe took on zoo, so they all of sudden were too old but a fight before were good enough to challenge the best at the weight. Tackie wasnít much worse against Hatton than he was against Tszyu. The difference is Hatton wasnít be able to KO him and Tszyu hadnít any will to KO him and played with him like a cat with a mouse. Ben didnít take no one round against Kostya, Ricky, Sharmba.
You said Richard destroyed Vince two fights after he took on zoo???
Vince destroyed Tszyu in the Ring magazineís Upset Of The Year 1997... Vince fought Richard in the year 2003...
You need know more about boxing history...
Witter fought Judah **** himslef and got on his bike, if it wasnt the knockdowns against Ndou he would have lost. Witter did what he wanted to do. Judah wasnít be able to land no one solid punch.
If it wasnt the knockdowns against Nídou it would be another fighter in the ring with NíDou that night.
I mean come on his necxt oppoenets biggest feat is losing and SD to soul mbaye.
Whiel hatotn is going in with Zoo.

Did I said Kotelnik is a very strong boxer?
By the way this soul lost by UD to Harris who is one of the biggest punchers in the division. Vivianís punch is stronger than Richardís one. That means that Soul is a tough man. And Kotelnik lost him by SD that means they are at the close level and was this SD fair is a question.

Of course Hatton will meet Tszyu. After that Witterís opposition and Richardís one will be equal.

J !
06-03-2005, 11:03 AM
I THINK YOU MAY WISH TO RETRACT SOME OF THOSE COMMENTS MY FRIEND.

i need to know more about boxing history really........

im not going to attack you but you really should read some of my posts beofre saying **** like that and embarassisng yourself.

If you do a search i think you will find i know my stuff. But heres one example for you.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6671

do let me know when you would like to come and discuss some HISTORY with me. I may be witnessing some this weekend.

i wouldnt be employed as a journalist otherwise woudl i if knew **** all mate and go the length and breadth of england to cover fights? :eek:

http://www.britishboxing.net/?page=news&id=669

but of course i bow to your superior knowledge oh great one :eek:
do come again, thank you and goodnight.

im off to manchester. :boxing:

ill expect an apology on my return. ;)

Diricul
06-03-2005, 03:18 PM
I THINK YOU MAY WISH TO RETRACT SOME OF THOSE COMMENTS MY FRIEND.
http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6671

Hm... English isnít a language that I know perfectly yet... I decided that the word ęmateĽ has an offence against me. I found in a dictionary that one meaning of this word is a ęfemaleĽ... Now I read your link and there you address this word to your interlocutor. So now I understood this word means something like comrade. I was wrong. Iím sorry.
do let me know when you would like to come and discuss some HISTORY with me. I may be witnessing some this weekend. Weíll discuss it for sure.
but of course i bow to your superior knowledge oh great one
I feel itís a sarcasm but I donít understand its vector... You said the wrong date of Tszyu vs Philips fight and I corrected you. You should agree itís your mistake.
do come again, thank you and goodnight.

Itís evening here. But anyhow thank you. Goodnight.

J !
06-06-2005, 09:03 AM
still think witter will beat hatton dude? :D

1. i was thinking of tackie you ar right vs phillips and dates but i do know my stuff. hoinest :D

2. mate is a firendly term int in any insulting and more male than female gerneally but can be applied to both.

TheBrownBomber22
06-06-2005, 09:33 AM
Witter defientley would cause Ricky problems and stand a good chance but I'd favour Ricky to win it.

J !
06-06-2005, 11:18 AM
i think it would go the same way as the kostya fight.

Witter dangerous for the first half then he gets beat up.

he gassed aginast Ndou for crying out loud and hatotni fights at twice that pace.

Diricul
06-11-2005, 11:06 AM
2. mate is a firendly term int in any insulting and more male than female gerneally but can be applied to both. A just read a funny article about Raiymkulov at maxboxing.com
Tony saw Raiymkulov one day in the neighborhood.
ďHey, whatís up dawg?Ē
Tony went on speaking a mile a minute while Raiymkulov tried to keep up.
ďSlow down, slow down,Ē he said, but one thing definitely stuck in his head. ďI was thinking, Ďhe called me dog.í In Russia if you call somebody dog, youíre dead. Theyíll break you.Ē
Tony kept talking.
ďDonít call me dog,Ē repeated Raiymkulov.
ďNah, man itís like calling you a brother,Ē explained Tony. Raiymkulov still didnít get it.
ďDonít call me dog,Ē he said a third time. ďMy name is Almaz.Ē
Giving up on the conversation, Raiymkulov went to the gym, where he heard a bunch of his gym mates using the same phrase on each other, with obviously no ill feelings attached.
ďI heard everyone in the gym saying the same thing and then I understood,Ē said Raiymkulov. ďAfter I moved out of the complex I came back six, seven months later just to see Tony and to apologize.Ē
ďWhatís up Almaz?Ē said Tony.
ďWhatís up dawg?Ē answered Raiymkulov.
ďDonít call me dog,Ē laughed Tony. :)

1. i was thinking of tackie you ar right vs phillips and dates but i do know my stuff. Hoinest. 1. Itís only those who donít make mistakes who donít do and say nothing. Mistakes help us to be closer to the truth :beerchug:

Diricul
06-11-2005, 11:07 AM
still think witter will beat hatton dude?
Yes:) I still think he has enough arsenal and brain to win. :boxing: :banghead: :banana:

Richard did all that I expected. He showed exellent tactics, iron nerves and tiger heart. But Tszyu spoiled the fight. Ex-champ was not the same one who fought Zab Juh and Mitchell. His physical shape was not perfect but I donít agree that he became old Ė no. This amount of energy is enough to do what you want to do. But what Kostya wanted to do is a question. He pulverized his energy with a big enthusiasm. Many say Hatton clinched too often but I think that Tszyu used clinches almost more often than Hatton. Itís not only Ricky who took his energy. Kostya lost his energy because of his own actions that wasnít clever. He tried to stop Ricky by single punches. It seems to me that he thought that he still continues the fight against Sharmba. He didnít want to see that his opponent is not Sharmba anymore. He didnít wnat to see what is Ricky doing now. And the result is very fair. Ricky not only won the actions at the close distance but he also outboxed Kostya from the far one.
Tszyu said before the fight that his brain is like a super computer. I think his windows is crashed in this fight. He was like an unexperienced tough contender who wants to fight but donít know how to do it effectively. Tszyu never was so dumb. May be except the Philips fight.
Letís remember what Larry Holmes said about Tua: ęA boxer with a good jab can easy outbox himĽ. Holmes is too evil to David but he said the thing that contains the truth. Until Hatton will not change his style as much as Barrera did, this saying of Holmes is right about him too. Yes, he moves slightly better than Tua but Tua punches much more powerfully than Ricky (of course within his weight division).
And who has a style to give Ricky a beating Ė itís Barrera who told Hamed a story of a thousand and one misfortune, itís Lewis who siad Tua that he isnít the best food for the New Zealandís ethnic ceremony and most recent Ė Wright who did the dangerous but successful promenade with Trinidad.
But unlike the situation with Tua there are some boxers in the 140/135 who can not only outbox but overpower Ricky. Itís not about Witter, I said about his aces against Ricky but Gatti punches stronger and works a lot in the ring.
Anyhow I wish Richard all the best, he growed my respect to him (that was already high before it) during this fight. Iím very glad that this division is so full of exellent boxers. The only one bad thing is that Tszyu didnít let this fight to be so interesting as it could be.

P.S. I read a piece of dialogue at **********.net. I donít agree with it but IMO itís outstanding laughable:
- The refs are homers for Hatton. The worst of the lot is Mickey Vann who thankfully didnít get this fight, otherwise the low blow Hatton thru in the 10th would have been called a TKO, cause Tszyu didnít get up before the 10 count.
- Hatton might have been able to bring a gun into the ring if Mickey Vann was officiating.

Diricul
06-11-2005, 01:28 PM
I forgot to point that IMO Witter has the skills to outbox Richard like Lewis, Barrera and Wright did it with their listed rivals.

majestiC
06-11-2005, 09:38 PM
lol witter is on ITV now, that is a BIG BIG BIG contract here!

J !
06-13-2005, 08:06 AM
he isnt headlining.

amir khan is.

witter needs to ge ton with his own career and how you think witter would outbox a man who just out thought and outmuscled kostya zoo when he struggled agianst top ten gatekeeper lovemore ndou is beyond me it really is.

witter has done nothing to warrant such adulation.

he is arrogant aloof and rude aobut hatton.

he needs to do his talking in the ring and shut the **** up about others.

blokes an overated ****end imo.

J !
06-13-2005, 11:44 AM
love the story mate bout the dawg thing just goes to show.

i work with the arabs (oil out of ras tanura) and a similar story not so long ago when the kuwaiti minister and theiraqi oil minster had a row a few year ago.

the insult in question was toward the iraqi minister moustache.
apparently this is th worst insult you can hurl at an arab to criticise his moustache.

it was somehting like you moustache looks like a the hair round a dogs arse or similar.

in brittina calling someone an effing c. will get you hurt.

that makes sense to me!! :D