View Full Version : [R-RATED] **** Microsoft IN THE ****ING ASS!!!

TheNegation
11-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Bought an Elite 360 bundle just over a year ago for $400 after my first console got the RROD. Now a day after the release of MW2, I turn on the console and get the ****ing E74 error, and what do you know?

I bought the console before Microsoft decided to cover this general ****ing hardware error under the 3 year system warranty. So now I have to pay $100 to get it repaired.

And I have a pile of useless games and an 3 month Live I just activated.

And also, regardless of if I dropped $400 on an Elite Console, Gamestop will only give me $70. Yeah that's right $70 ****ing big ones for my troubles.

**** Microsoft in the ASS with a Louisville Slugger!!!!

I'm going PS3.

Once again, **** MICROSOFT!!!!!

TheCheetah
11-11-2009, 07:43 PM
It's time to make the switch sir... PS3> Xbox 360

Get the ps3. It's worth the money.

TheCheetah
11-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Damn I over looked the $70 for the Elite aha! Sell it on EBAY or Craigslist.

xxjace
11-11-2009, 09:51 PM
yeah man go ps3 much better system...plus its free online.

TheNegation
11-11-2009, 10:13 PM
The only think that sucks about the PS3 for me is that the PS3 controller doesn't feel right with First Person Shooter games like the XBOX controller.

And while online for PS3 is Free, that usually means more spammers, cheaters, viruses etc. But it beats dropping money on a new console every year.

Sergio Martinez
11-11-2009, 10:22 PM
The only think that sucks about the PS3 for me is that the PS3 controller doesn't feel right with First Person Shooter games like the XBOX controller.

And while online for PS3 is Free, that usually means more spammers, cheaters, viruses etc. But it beats dropping money on a new console every year.

How they **** can they give a virus to your PS3? :Thinkingo

TheCheetah
11-12-2009, 12:07 AM
I've had my PS3 for a long time I've never encountered a virus on it... lmao wtf

Mersey
11-12-2009, 04:23 AM
If you have alot of Xbox games, I'd just get it repaired.

Undefeated
11-12-2009, 06:09 AM

WTF is you talking about? More cheaters? Viruses? You are wrong my friend.

Infern0
11-13-2009, 11:05 PM
You are just unlucky son, ive never really had any problems and iv'e had mine since launch day

MetalVomit
11-13-2009, 11:25 PM
my little brother is on his 4th ex-box. he finally came to his senses, and is getting a ps3.

$partacus
11-13-2009, 11:48 PM
You are just unlucky son, ive never really had any problems and iv'e had mine since launch day

The launch 360 is starting to become a rare item, in few years it could become a collectable. :lol1:

ßringer
11-16-2009, 01:00 AM
Just buy a broken one off of craigslist, amazon, or ebay that was manufactured after the date MS started to offer the hardware failure warranty.

Then call em up, transfer the ownership on the console from the guy you bought it from, to you. (Just tell 'em you bought it at a pawn shop, this way they don't ask you for any information about the previous owner.)

Then print out a shipping label from their website, and ship it off.

In 2-3 weeks you'll have a new console, with a new warranty.

Move BRICKS™
11-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Lol this generation of systems is all about online play, and in the online department, the Xbox 360 murders the PS3 hands down. You pay for service and you get service with Xbox Live.

Buy the PS3 if you want a Blu-Ray player and a couple of titles. Buy an Xbox if you want to play video games, it's up to you.

As for me, I've had both of the systems for quite a while - The PS3 since it's launch date and the Xbox 360 since the Elite's launch date, neither have given me any trouble.

$partacus
11-16-2009, 03:01 PM
Just buy a broken one off of craigslist, amazon, or ebay that was manufactured after the date MS started to offer the hardware failure warranty.

Then call em up, transfer the ownership on the console from the guy you bought it from, to you. (Just tell 'em you bought it at a pawn shop, this way they don't ask you for any information about the previous owner.)

Then print out a shipping label from their website, and ship it off.

In 2-3 weeks you'll have a new console, with a new warranty.

Microsoft don't cover pre-owned consoles.

TheNegation
11-16-2009, 04:28 PM
Lol this generation of systems is all about online play, and in the online department, the Xbox 360 murders the PS3 hands down. You pay for service and you get service with Xbox Live.

Buy the PS3 if you want a Blu-Ray player and a couple of titles. Buy an Xbox if you want to play video games, it's up to you.

As for me, I've had both of the systems for quite a while - The PS3 since it's launch date and the Xbox 360 since the Elite's launch date, neither have given me any trouble.

Online is online to me and if it's Free, well I'll take that over having to pay. There isn't too much of difference just XBL seems to be more populated than PSN.

I'll take that over having to pay to play on a system that is known to be faulty. I really can't stand Microsoft anymore. ****ty PC Operating Systems and ****ty Xbox consoles that they knowingly sell to customers and then provide ****ty customer service when something bad happens. It's not worth it to me to pay $49.95 for a online membership when my system could crash at anytime and at that time I'd be pissing money away for services I can't even access.

Microsoft already overcharges for the console as it is, and now when it breaks they want me to pay half of what a new system would cost just to fix it? Seriously?

The sad thing is that I don't even use the damn thing that much. I'm a pretty casual gamer. I'm not a hardcore online player either. I'll play the big title like Gears and COD, but I don't sit in front of the damn thing for hours and hours on end like some people.

The only thing Xbox has over PS, IMO is a couple of exclusive titles and a controller that is better suited for FPS games.

Beyond that I'll take Playstation. They've been making console for twice as long as microsoft they do it well, and they provide great customer service.

Plus God of War owns.

Move BRICKS™
11-16-2009, 05:30 PM
Online is online to me and if it's Free, well I'll take that over having to pay. There isn't too much of difference just XBL seems to be more populated than PSN.

I'll take that over having to pay to play on a system that is known to be faulty. I really can't stand Microsoft anymore. ****ty PC Operating Systems and ****ty Xbox consoles that they knowingly sell to customers and then provide ****ty customer service when something bad happens. It's not worth it to me to pay $49.95 for a online membership when my system could crash at anytime and at that time I'd be pissing money away for services I can't even access.

Microsoft already overcharges for the console as it is, and now when it breaks they want me to pay half of what a new system would cost just to fix it? Seriously?

The sad thing is that I don't even use the damn thing that much. I'm a pretty casual gamer. I'm not a hardcore online player either. I'll play the big title like Gears and COD, but I don't sit in front of the damn thing for hours and hours on end like some people.

The only thing Xbox has over PS, IMO is a couple of exclusive titles and a controller that is better suited for FPS games.

Beyond that I'll take Playstation. They've been making console for twice as long as microsoft they do it well, and they provide great customer service.

Plus God of War owns.

If you're just lookin to have fun with a system and have free online you should look at a Wii.. It's the only system I really play anymore and there's a reason it's sold more units than the 360 and PS3 combined..

ßringer
11-17-2009, 12:19 AM
Microsoft don't cover pre-owned consoles.

So they say.

You just call 'em up, transfer ownership, and get the label printed out for free, then ship it off. As long as it has RROD or E74 ; you're covered.

My friend did the exact same thing I described above.

WhoreUs!
11-17-2009, 02:51 AM
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7284/xbox360core1fh1.jpg

This is my 360. It got the RRoD in 2008, got fixed in a week, with 1 months xbox live included for my troubles.

TheNegation
11-17-2009, 03:12 AM
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7284/xbox360core1fh1.jpg

This is my 360. It got the RRoD in 2008, got fixed in a week, with 1 months xbox live included for my troubles.

But RROD is covered under the 3 year warranty. The E74 Disc Read Error was not covered under the warranty until AFTER I had initially purchased the console. So now I have to pay $99 to have it repaired which is Half of what a new Xbox would cost.

Not worth it

WhoreUs!
11-17-2009, 03:17 AM
But RROD is covered under the 3 year warranty. The E74 Disc Read Error was not covered under the warranty until AFTER I had initially purchased the console. So now I have to pay $99 to have it repaired which is Half of what a new Xbox would cost.

Not worth it

I had my 360 for over 3 years. I just never registered it.

pelonxsoldier28
11-19-2009, 10:29 PM
once you get it repaired it should never **** up again. mine was from launch day, it lasted 3 yrs and died. i took it to a electronics fix it store, paid 120 bucks and never had another problem, and my system gets hot as hell, still workin

Verstyle
11-19-2009, 11:31 PM
All gaming systems aren't perfect.

Ryn0
11-24-2009, 06:25 PM

I haven't experienced any spammers, cheaters or viruses. My xbox sits in the corner, though if i were you I'd get a slim. My lauch ps3 is also in the corner but not by choice it got the YLOD :(

but that seems to be a problem only the launch consoles have (well the majority some of the 80gbs have it) I'd get a PS3 I only bring out the xbox for exclusives. I'm playing it atm actually only for L4D2 but it'll be put in the corner until mass effect 2 or alan wake come out after im done with L4D2