No announcement yet.

(HELP) The kid Ingle called the new Naz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (HELP) The kid Ingle called the new Naz

Can someone help me, a good few years ago Brendan Ingle was training a kid (Can't remember his name) he said he'd never seen someone as talented and that included Naz and he got a lot of press coverage from a young age, people said he would win world titles.

Then he got into a fight in a Sheffield night club where someone got stabbed, He was accused and was in court for the stabbing at this point ingle kicked him out of his gym did he go down for the stabbing?

What was his name?
    Is he in prison?
    Is out of prison and boxing again?

I remember people saying he was the future of british boxing, he can't be that old now.

He had one fight in South Africa and flopped got a draw he was crap. Ingle springs the same sort of **** about every fighter that comes out Rhodes,Thaxton, and the NEXT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION pele reid even said Ryan Rhodes would not knock out Steve Collins in 1 round

Comment

I remember the stories....Ingle was excited about Pickering for a while too...

Comment

I'm sure it was Khalid Shafiq. I saw one fight of his, looked just like Witter I thought. I don't know his current situation but I believe he did get time for that incident.

Comment

I think you're right barryboy

Comment

It was Khalid Shafiq, he was tipped to be the next big thing. Apparently he was very talented, however he was more interested in being a gangster than being a boxer. Khalid Shafiq was jailed for a year for his part in a brawl that led to the murder of a Sheffield teenager in October 2002.

Shafiq's former trainer Brendan Ingle said: "What a wasted talent. Khalid Shafiq was an absolute nightmare. He could have been brilliant but he just wanted to be a gangster.

"He was so good I got him to turn professional at 16 and got him a fight in South Africa on a world title bill. But he was nothing but trouble. Naseem Hamed hated him. I had to pull them apart once at the club. I tried to help him but I don't win them all. It's so sad."

The 21-year-old Shafiq, and several mates, began fighting with 17-year-old Owain Leeson and his mates in Sheffield's Uropa nightclub and the violence continued outside the club after the men were ejected.

Leeson was stabbed to death in the car park.

Shafiq and Damien Callaghan were filmed fighting with Leeson and another man on CCTV cameras. It was branded by prosecuting barristers as "fighting for fighting's sake". Owain was stabbed with a butcher's knife by Callaghan shortly after the initial exchanges on film.

Callaghan received a life sentence for murder.

Comment

Interesting read, thanks mate.

Comment

Thanks for all the replys on that.

Comment

Working...
                X