View Full Version : Khan Vs Kindelin on ITV ???

Casey
03-31-2005, 03:26 PM
Ive just read that ITV might be showing this fight and if its succesful they may be showing more boxing again like the old days

Mick Hucknall
03-31-2005, 03:53 PM
thats a good sign. hopefully this will lead to more fights being aired on itv.

Martin (Top Knowledge)
03-31-2005, 05:26 PM
That's GOOD NEWS!!!... The BBC have been F**king useless, (giving Audley Harrison the whole BBC boxing budget when they were offered fighters like Ricky Hatton and Joe Calzaghe + Having to listen to that complete idiot of a man... Steve Bunce!)

Hopefully ITV will bring back fights like whne they used to have Been/McCellen Benn/Eubank etc!

rudy
04-01-2005, 06:01 AM
where is the link

Sulpiride
04-01-2005, 06:38 AM
I hope this is the case

Sulpiride
04-01-2005, 06:39 AM
By the way, I don't get why this is hyped. Kindelan beat him handily in fairness the first time around and I doubt much will have changed since. Apart from a good fundraiser, roll on the pros.

Casey
04-01-2005, 11:02 AM
Heres the link

http://www.boxing-central.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6042

kidrock
04-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Those days when Eubanks, Benn et al where fighting on ITV were heady days for boxing with regards to exposure and entertainment IMO

kidrock
04-03-2005, 03:48 PM
Just read the link there and it seems everything is pretty much sorted for ITV to show the fight, happy days!!

Wont make any difference to the fight because Kindelan will beat him again I think.

Casey
04-03-2005, 04:18 PM
Its not the actual fight that im bothereed about. It is that we may see some more boxing on ITV like before

eden
04-03-2005, 04:55 PM
BBc are ****e just as soon as they get a world champion (clinton woods) they stop showin .how fik can they be p.s i hate those crapy highlights delade by like a year

kidrock
04-04-2005, 08:12 AM
yeah those highlight shows really suck ass

Gerald
04-06-2005, 10:27 AM
Glad to see ITV taking a tentative step back into boxing - I worry that they are going to look for some results over night though and jump ship when the ratings aren't blowing up straight away. The point about successful boxing coverage one TV from the networks perspective, is that it needs to be long haul. The reason why Benn, Eubank, Watson etc were big names is because of the number of fights they had on terrestrial TV over a long period of time. Big fights are made and watched because boxers become known - and this doesn't happen quickly unless you get a major win or you fight in the Olympics. We don't really have any BIG name fighters in this country other than Khan simply because fighters like Hatton and Calzaghe are hidden away on Sky and fighters like Eastman and Froch had their fights shown at 11.45 on a friday night on the BBC. If ITV are serious about getting into boxing, they need to know that only by investing in exposing fighters now, and with less immediate ratings returns, can they expect their venture to be as successful as it could be.

RedE2Rumble1984
04-06-2005, 03:20 PM
I have to wonder why Khan would be wanting this amatuer fight. I mean his stock can only really go down if he were to lose to Kindelin right before turning pro. right? Kindelin on other hand is no longer even eligible for the Olympics at his age in boxing if I am not mistaken. I think Khan should just make his leap to the pros and bypass what could turn into a lopsided loss to the Cuban.

Ark
04-06-2005, 05:30 PM
too bad we dont get ITV here