View Full Version : And New Heavyweight Champion of the world

lyrical
11-07-2009, 07:29 PM
David Haye,

congratulations to David Haye, stayed diciplined, made Valuev hit fin air and landed good shots, with a hurt right hand since the second round.

Great win

S.W.F.C
11-07-2009, 07:31 PM
Good win indeed, shame im drunk and need to go and please the gf whos had face on since 8 tonight :) Its been worth it though :boxing:

Richie-G
11-07-2009, 07:50 PM
great win, but what the **** was jim wyatts scorecard all about what a load of bull****!!

The RealDeal
11-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Jim Watt is about as much use as a condom machine in the Vatican !

What a Win for Haye !!!

I jumped off my chair when he rocked the Giant in the 12th round, what a feat !!!!

No one has ever rocked that lump of lard before, Haye is the second coming after Lewis !!

lyrical
11-07-2009, 07:57 PM
great win, but what the **** was jim wyatts scorecard all about what a load of bull****!!

Just as well he isnt a judge, he is very often wrong.

S H O B O X
11-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Jim Watt is about as much use as a condom machine in the Vatican !

What a Win for Haye !!!

I jumped off my chair when he rocked the Giant in the 12th round, what a feat !!!!

No one has ever rocked that lump of lard before, Haye is the second coming after Lewis !!

i was pleasantly surprised at the decision . I thought haye edged it because 4/5 of his punches per round were better than 1/none from valuev but taking account of the location of the fight i didnt think he'd get the nod.

The RealDeal
11-07-2009, 08:08 PM
i was pleasantly surprised at the decision . I thought haye edged it because 4/5 of his punches per round were better than 1/none from valuev but taking account of the location of the fight i didnt think he'd get the nod.

No one has ever rocked the Giant before, that feat alone is worth alot for Haye no matter what some people saw the score as.

S H O B O X
11-07-2009, 08:13 PM
No one has ever rocked the Giant before, that feat alone is worth alot for Haye no matter what some people saw the score as.

yep he defo put 3 myths about him to rest

1) he hasnt got good stamina - he went the 12 round distance dodging and moving around valuev with ease
2) he cant stick to a game plan - lol
3)his power and speed wont hurt a good heavyweight - see sig

steeluv
11-07-2009, 08:44 PM

1) he hasnt got good stamina - he went the 12 round distance dodging and moving around valuev with ease

David did the business!!! He made Valuev miss all night long, he is ready, most of the americans are jealous and quick to dismiss Haye because they have no his heavyweight fighter in his class, and they just want him to fail. FACT no American could beat Haye at Cruiserweight or will beat him at Heavyweight until he is at least 35 lol

True Guru
11-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Hes the paper champion.

DeepSleep
11-07-2009, 09:03 PM
David did the business!!! He made Valuev miss all night long, he is ready, most of the americans are jealous and quick to dismiss Haye because they have no his heavyweight fighter in his class, and they just want him to fail. FACT no American could beat Haye at Cruiserweight or will beat him at Heavyweight until he is at least 35 lol

I'm afraid the Americans aren't the problem, those big fellows from Ukraine are rather angry with him.

Marcov
11-07-2009, 09:24 PM
I haven't seen the fight yet, was it better to watch than Valuev-Holyfield?

And was the decision right?

123tyson123
11-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Absolutely loved the Haye performance tonight. Was different to how I thought it would go and how he would handle the giant. I will be honest, Valuev TKO6 prediction I am guilty of. Very happy Haye pulled it off though, at least now the heavyweight division has a decent list of champions.
Haye vs the klitschko brothers, now that sounds interesting.

The_Visitation
11-08-2009, 02:14 AM
I haven't seen the fight yet, was it better to watch than Valuev-Holyfield?

No.

And was the decision right?

Yes.

No*Ordinary*Joe
11-08-2009, 07:50 AM
Good win indeed, shame im drunk and need to go and please the gf whos had face on since 8 tonight :) Its been worth it though :boxing:

I no exactly wat you mean lol, wen i read wat you put i thought, he must be local, sheffield me lol.

No*Ordinary*Joe
11-08-2009, 07:55 AM
Wat a performance things you have to remember is, most boxers hayes size wud have ducked that fight!
In my view the only thing haye didnt do was throw enough punches, but then he hurt is hand.
He was right all along tho, most though it wud be closer cos he didnt throw alot, but did exactly wat he needed to do!

Bring on the wad and vlad lol

alza1988
11-08-2009, 09:08 AM
Good win for Haye .He was lucky to get the decision I think but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt because he said he hurt his hand and he rocked Valuev , congrats.

Joe2608
11-08-2009, 09:47 AM
He fought very smartly. Though if he realised he could have done what he done in the 12th round to Valuev earlier then he probably could have put in a more entertaining performance.

Bigchill79
11-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Great effort by Haye.Thought he was going to lose at one point. But he pulled it out in the last rounds. Valuev hardly touched him.

Throwingbombs
11-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Good performance from Haye, and with a broken hand since the second round he fought a smart fight.

KenBuchanan
11-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Great to have a british heavyweight world champion again.

The RealDeal
11-08-2009, 11:10 AM

Dam right mate !

Love the Sig :fing02:

Savino
11-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Brilliant from Haye last night. His game plan worked really well and he stuck to it with a broken hand. Personally goin into the 12th round I had Haye 3 rounds up, he clearly won the 12th round....when the judges said 116-112, 116-112 I thought they had ripped him off....but when they annouced and the winner...from London England, I was fukin chuffed...still loving it now

S H O B O X
11-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Brilliant from Haye last night. His game plan worked really well and he stuck to it with a broken hand. Personally goin into the 12th round I had Haye 3 rounds up, he clearly won the 12th round....when the judges said 116-112, 116-112 I thought they had ripped him off....but when they annouced and the winner...from London England, I was fukin chuffed...still loving it now

same here! i never thought he'd get the decision in germany of all places , i was very pleasantly surprised , he deserved it.

Savino
11-08-2009, 01:41 PM
same here! i never thought he'd get the decision in germany of all places , i was very pleasantly surprised , he deserved it.

I was very suprised. I was few lads and they ain't really big Boxing fans but when they heard the score cards they thought it was either a draw or in favour of Valuev...even though they all thought Haye was winning.

Brilliant night for Haye and British Boxing...what's that now 3 world champions in the UK now?

MOTHER DUCKER
11-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Did anyone score the last round a 10-8? i kind of did, didn't see Valeuv land ONE shot and Haye had him very hurt and let his hands go more..

The_Demon
11-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Hes the paper champion.

and you are a ****in retard
whats your point?

mrboxer
11-11-2009, 10:54 AM
i give him credit for winning as it is hard to win any championship,but i am not jumping on the band wagon,he is still not a proven champion,let see how he fares against his next couple of foes and then we can evaluate his tenure with a little more fight experience and see if he is a contender or some lug that got lucky with some sleeping judges that propelled him to the top of this overrated heavyweight division,so like i said it is far to early to have an inclination on his performance thus far but someone is speculating that he may face ruiz another former paper champion:boxing: