View Full Version : prevent wounds on knuckles...

azn_violater
03-30-2005, 07:57 PM
i just have started training on a 40 lb. bag and i was doing fairly well with handling hard hits(remember i'm a beginner), but i have been lifting and been in shape for a while now. Until today i got fair cuts on my right hand where the middle finger is and the little finger but its enough for me to say that i want it to heal before going at it again. what could be the factor of these wounds.

i'm new here so don't flame me and kinda new to boxing.the reason i got so into boxng is because of my hero Pacman, despite wheater he wins or loses.(real big insperation for all filipinos). I like to southpaw stance cuz i can stick my jab faster with my right hand to set up for combos.well, any tips can be helpful. i apprecaite it

abdiel2k3
03-30-2005, 08:04 PM
well i use some everlast heavey bag punching gloves
but after a while those arent ehough
the padding starts weakening
and eventually rip the glove
so i foudn that if u put a slab of beef around ur hand b4 puttin it the glove
it works ten times better then hand wraps
plus u can tenderize ur lunch
yummm yummmmmmmm
sweaty beef

azn_violater
03-30-2005, 08:06 PM
haha are u serious? nah i aint doin that cuz he just messin with me cuz im a new newb...thanx for that advice tho

abdiel2k3
03-30-2005, 08:25 PM
haha are u serious? nah i aint doin that cuz he just messin with me cuz im a new newb...thanx for that advice tho
swear 2 god whats why i do
mock it if ya want
but it really helps
i was kidding about the eaten it part tho

.::EnRiQuE::.
03-30-2005, 09:13 PM
swear 2 god whats why i do
mock it if ya want
but it really helps
i was kidding about the eaten it part tho
whoa...weird...gotta try that. do you know how to get wounds of ur palms? cuz i have plenty of them.... :D

random guy
03-30-2005, 09:49 PM
before I statred going to a boxing gym I hit the heavy bag with just hand wraps on nothing at all. When I did start going to the gym i had to use thicker gloves because my kunckles had become very sensative. so just try using some thicker gloves other than that I dont know.

UnstoppableOne
03-31-2005, 02:42 AM
Good advice.... :)

blockburna944
03-31-2005, 03:04 AM
Good hand wraps and fresh bag gloves should take care of the problem unless your hitting metal. also, they protect your wrists a little bit which can be damaged more seriously then your hands when using a bag.