Rabbit ♠
11-02-2009, 05:23 PM
http://www.pastapadre.com/2009/11/02/fnr4-price-drop-and-dlc-news

For those who play this game

Pretty Boy1
11-02-2009, 06:01 PM
http://www.pastapadre.com/2009/11/02/fnr4-price-drop-and-dlc-news

For those who play this game

Nice, thanks for the info! Sonny Liston will be awesome!!

Green K given.

Grand Champ
11-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Damn, nice. thanks for the info. Wonder what they'll charge for it ..........................

$partacus
11-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Damn, nice. thanks for the info. Wonder what they'll charge for it ..........................

They will charge the same as the last one probably, i'm happy with downloading the user created ones.

TheCheetah
11-02-2009, 07:50 PM
I wish they would add Vernon Forrest, Paul Williams, and Floyd Mayweather... But I guess I'm still dreaming on that one.

POETICDRINK2U
11-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Brizzo wrote:
Because I am sure some of you would like some more details:
Adjusted the locomotion speed at close proximity so that your opponent can no longer trap you with glued feet

This is pretty straightforward. Previously, when the boxers were standing toe-to-toe their locomotion speed was slower than when fighting at a distance. We fixed it so that if you are moving laterally or backwards, your movement speed is a little bit faster. The glued feet effect has been eradicated.

Reduced locomotion speed when throwing punch combos

Part of the glue feet and spammer solution. The boxers do not move as much while punching. Previously, it was too easy to stay in your opponent's chest and keep punching, even when they successfully blocked a punch or two and tried to escape.

Increased the stamina cost when continually punching

Further tuning on the stamina to address punch spamming. When punches are thrown in combination for a certain amount of time the stamina loss increases to approximately 4 times the normal rate and stays that way until the boxer stops punching. The increased stamina loss also takes a few seconds to wear off.

Increased stamina loss when continually weaving

Same as above. If you spam the weave too many times the boxer will get fatigued faster and take a few seconds to recover.

Increased stamina loss for users that spam upper body movement.

As above. Continuous upper-body movement for a prolonged period of time will drastically increase stamina loss. "Spinning" will make a boxer tired quickly for as long as the behavior is maintained and will take a few seconds for normal stamina loss to resume.

Can no longer perform a perfect block when spamming the block.
Spamming high-low-high-low-high-low on the Block will no longer reward the User with a Perfect Block. Once the Boxer's Block Strength drops below approximately %65, Perfect Blocks will no longer happen.

Increased the stamina cost when continually running away from your opponent.

This was kind of a pre-emptive decision in anticipation of future "cheese" behavior. With the updates we made to locomotion speed, punching and stamina - we wanted to make sure that a boxer couldn't get his track shoes on, non-stop, for 10 straight rounds.

Stamina loss increases when a Boxer moves laterally or backwards continuously for a prolonged period of time. When stamina is low, movement speed is decreased. It's not hard to box, but its not easy to run.

No illegal blows can be thrown by either user when one user is in a stun state.
Yeah. We are forcing you to be sportsman-like and only throw low blows and headbutts when you are both feeling alright.

Increased stamina cost of Haymakers

Pretty self explanatory. Throwing more than two in a row now will really tire you out.

Tuned punch accuracy when opponents are moving their head.

To be less accurate. Slipping, dodging and weaving is a little more effective. Punches no longer track a moving target the same way they did before. In addition, we increased the default Punch Power setting and decreased the default Counter Window setting.

xxjace
11-04-2009, 10:59 PM
'm excited I cant believe hopkins wasnt on it at release..

mod
11-04-2009, 11:10 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3261/3208360890_638abf57f3_o.png

:boxing:
Somebody upload Pac Vs. Tyson in Youtube

phallus
11-04-2009, 11:38 PM
i'd like to see more old school fighters like liston in the game, joe louis would be awesome

Yaman
11-05-2009, 11:53 AM
^^It would be great.

I was looking around yesterday and I came across an Olympic version of Sugar Ray Leonard. Also the created fighters are not really that good, I saw a Mayweather with pink gloves and trunks lol.
So these fighters(Liston, Holy etc) are now available right?

ILLuminato
11-05-2009, 01:31 PM
I want Pacquiao being able to play in the lightweight division online.

Left2body
11-05-2009, 04:14 PM
I want Pacquiao being able to play in the lightweight division online.

There are a bunch of guys I would like to see in multiple weight classes. Pernell, Duran, Gatti (for a Gatti/Hatton battle), RJJ, Jermaine Taylor, Shane Mosley...etc quite a few

peewee1460
11-05-2009, 06:48 PM
got to give ea props on their continued release of dlc. glad to see they're not doing us like valve did the l4d community. although 10$ for three fighters is a little high, i'll let it slide this time.

The Golden Boy
11-08-2009, 05:17 AM
Brizzo wrote:
Because I am sure some of you would like some more details:
Adjusted the locomotion speed at close proximity so that your opponent can no longer trap you with glued feet

This is pretty straightforward. Previously, when the boxers were standing toe-to-toe their locomotion speed was slower than when fighting at a distance. We fixed it so that if you are moving laterally or backwards, your movement speed is a little bit faster. The glued feet effect has been eradicated.

Reduced locomotion speed when throwing punch combos

Part of the glue feet and spammer solution. The boxers do not move as much while punching. Previously, it was too easy to stay in your opponent's chest and keep punching, even when they successfully blocked a punch or two and tried to escape.

Increased the stamina cost when continually punching

Further tuning on the stamina to address punch spamming. When punches are thrown in combination for a certain amount of time the stamina loss increases to approximately 4 times the normal rate and stays that way until the boxer stops punching. The increased stamina loss also takes a few seconds to wear off.

Increased stamina loss when continually weaving

Same as above. If you spam the weave too many times the boxer will get fatigued faster and take a few seconds to recover.

Increased stamina loss for users that spam upper body movement.

As above. Continuous upper-body movement for a prolonged period of time will drastically increase stamina loss. "Spinning" will make a boxer tired quickly for as long as the behavior is maintained and will take a few seconds for normal stamina loss to resume.

Can no longer perform a perfect block when spamming the block.
Spamming high-low-high-low-high-low on the Block will no longer reward the User with a Perfect Block. Once the Boxer's Block Strength drops below approximately %65, Perfect Blocks will no longer happen.

Increased the stamina cost when continually running away from your opponent.

This was kind of a pre-emptive decision in anticipation of future "cheese" behavior. With the updates we made to locomotion speed, punching and stamina - we wanted to make sure that a boxer couldn't get his track shoes on, non-stop, for 10 straight rounds.

Stamina loss increases when a Boxer moves laterally or backwards continuously for a prolonged period of time. When stamina is low, movement speed is decreased. It's not hard to box, but its not easy to run.

No illegal blows can be thrown by either user when one user is in a stun state.
Yeah. We are forcing you to be sportsman-like and only throw low blows and headbutts when you are both feeling alright.

Increased stamina cost of Haymakers

Pretty self explanatory. Throwing more than two in a row now will really tire you out.

Tuned punch accuracy when opponents are moving their head.

To be less accurate. Slipping, dodging and weaving is a little more effective. Punches no longer track a moving target the same way they did before. In addition, we increased the default Punch Power setting and decreased the default Counter Window setting.

Hey POETICDRINK2U,

whats the go with the above? is that some sort of wish list or is it actually happening? if all that stuff comes in it will pretty much get rid of every gripe i have with the game (except i want the same controls as round 3 so you can use buttons and stick). thanks in advance for letting me know :D

PS oh yeah, and they should have more weight classes

Left2body
11-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Hey POETICDRINK2U,

whats the go with the above? is that some sort of wish list or is it actually happening? if all that stuff comes in it will pretty much get rid of every gripe i have with the game (except i want the same controls as round 3 so you can use buttons and stick). thanks in advance for letting me know :D

Dude they came out with a patch/add on for the buttons a long time ago.

Grapes
11-08-2009, 12:03 PM
**** paying for stuff i should of gotten with the original purchase of the ****ing game !
this DLC bull**** is really starting to bust my balls ! im already paying 70$ for a game i dont need to end up paying 100$ in total to enjoy the full experience. wtf is next? payable demos with DLC that get you the full deal ?

peewee1460
11-08-2009, 04:51 PM
**** paying for stuff i should of gotten with the original purchase of the ****ing game !
this DLC bull**** is really starting to bust my balls ! im already paying 70$ for a game i dont need to end up paying 100$ in total to enjoy the full experience. wtf is next? payable demos with DLC that get you the full deal ?

well actually... that's already around.

The Golden Boy
11-09-2009, 08:03 AM
Dude they came out with a patch/add on for the buttons a long time ago.

nah thats different dude, with round 3 there was a setting where you could use buttons and TPC. in round 4 if you pick buttons the stick is to block, only way you can throw uppercut is by pressing 2 buttons.

Left2body
11-09-2009, 09:47 AM
nah thats different dude, with round 3 there was a setting where you could use buttons and TPC. in round 4 if you pick buttons the stick is to block, only way you can throw uppercut is by pressing 2 buttons.

Ok, wasn't aware of that. What setting number was it. I used Setting 3 in FN3. Its FN4 equivalent is Setting 5. However, after playing with TPC for so long that I actually disliked the buttons and I use TPC.

The Golden Boy
11-10-2009, 09:27 AM
pretty sure it was setting 4, maybe 5 but i bout 80% sure it was 4.

The Golden Boy
11-18-2009, 10:07 AM
Hey POETIC,

can you check out my earlier post addressed to you and let me know? thanks bud

POETICDRINK2U
11-18-2009, 10:19 AM
Hey POETICDRINK2U,

Oh, this stuff is a patch and DLC coming in a couple of weeks.

PackosCotto
11-19-2009, 05:42 AM
thats all they could do? freakin pothetic man, add mayweather in this game, its stupid how they have de la hoya, pacquiao, cotto, mosley, yet they didnt put mayweather in? freakin stupid . They have tyson in the game but didnt put holyfield in? I like how they have hagler and sugar ray robinson but mayweather should be in this game.

The Golden Boy
11-19-2009, 07:47 AM
Oh, this stuff is a patch and DLC coming in a couple of weeks.

thats fantastic, thanks for letting me know dude. this is gonna be such a massive improvement for the game i feel. wish they had the same controls as round 4 but thats cool, assuming the patch is as good as it sounds the only glaring problem with game is the weight classes. thanks again ;D

POETICDRINK2U
11-19-2009, 08:05 AM
thats all they could do? freakin pothetic man, add mayweather in this game, its stupid how they have de la hoya, pacquiao, cotto, mosley, yet they didnt put mayweather in? freakin stupid . They have tyson in the game but didnt put holyfield in? I like how they have hagler and sugar ray robinson but mayweather should be in this game.

You speak as if these boxers are in the game for free. Floyd Mayweather wanted too much money and his demands were outrageous. Trust me EA negotiated with him. No boxer is worth not having a larger amount of boxers.

TheCheetah
11-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Well shieet what will it cost to get Vernon on the game.. Who would EA have to give money to? Last time Vernon was on a EA Sports game was Knockout Kings 2001.. Put the 5 time World Champ on the game.. Thats all I ask.. I'm going to keep requesting it as downloadable content.

PackosCotto
11-19-2009, 08:21 AM
o ok, i didnt know, but yea mayweather a punk for not wanting to be in this game. I hate him, i hope pacquiao kos that loud mouth. Except i dont see it happening man, after what pacquiao did to cotto, u will floyd on his bicycle all night. He will refuse to engage with pacquiao.

POETICDRINK2U
11-19-2009, 08:27 AM
Well shieet what will it cost to get Vernon on the game.. Who would EA have to give money to? Last time Vernon was on a EA Sports game was Knockout Kings 2001.. Put the 5 time World Champ on the game.. Thats all I ask.. I'm going to keep requesting it as downloadable content.

I have been mentioning this to the producers. I don't know what up with that situation.

TheCheetah
11-19-2009, 08:38 AM
Which producer? Mike Mahar?

PackosCotto
11-19-2009, 09:17 AM
I have been mentioning this to the producers. I don't know what up with that situation.
u know the damn producers? damn, u work for ea?
Any how, tell me why they dont have andre berto in the game?

POETICDRINK2U
11-19-2009, 09:38 AM
Which producer? Mike Mahar?

I have spoken to both of them. They can not really talk to much about boxers at the moment because of a lawsuit that's happening.

u know the damn producers? damn, u work for ea?
Any how, tell me why they dont have andre berto in the game?

I communicate with the producers alot. I'm an EA Community Leader and Fight Night Round 4 Senior Moderator.... like I said before EA is going through a legal battle with some out of the blue boxing Agency.

TheCheetah
11-19-2009, 09:56 AM
Are you allowed to discuss the lawsuit?

POETICDRINK2U
11-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Are you allowed to discuss the lawsuit?

Read this.

http://www.destructoid.com/elephant/photo-m.phtml?post_key=147569

http://www.destructoid.com/electronic-arts-sued-over-fight-night-round-4-147569.phtml

TheCheetah
11-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Wow man... that sucks. Thanks for sharing that information. I had no idea they were getting sued.

PackosCotto
11-19-2009, 05:50 PM
this is some bull****, do u think they will win ea moderator? i hope they dont get a penny, if ea signed the boxers to a contract and were allowed to put in the game then whats the big deal here?

POETICDRINK2U
11-19-2009, 08:15 PM
this is some bull****, do u think they will win ea moderator? i hope they dont get a penny, if ea signed the boxers to a contract and were allowed to put in the game then whats the big deal here?

I hope they don't win because that makes it bad for us.

PackosCotto
11-19-2009, 09:18 PM
do they have a case though poetic?

POETICDRINK2U
11-20-2009, 02:46 AM
do they have a case though poetic?

I don't know the EA staff is hush hush about the lawsuit.