View Full Version : [HOLY S**T!] Anybody buy Borderlands?

bishop2006
10-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Game is too sick,got it today,its like this years co-op game of the year,i was playing as Roland,but ive changed to Mordecai the hunter,im gona start with him later on,anybody wana play ?

LiLHopkins
10-23-2009, 07:56 PM
very awesome like another fallout 3

Equilibrium
10-23-2009, 09:25 PM
I made a thread about it a while back and it got like two replies.

Bought it tuesday, found 1 copy, it was sold out everywhere.

The game is like crack, i don't even see time fly by while playing. So many guns, and the gameplay is on point, it will be compared a lot to fallout 3 but as far as the shooter mechanics go it ****s all over fallout 3. But it sure doesnt have the story of fallout 3, in borderlands the story tells itself within the game play, there is not cut scenes or long conversations.

I got a level 24 berserker so far, played a lot of random games in co-op, waiting for two real life friends of mine to get it, its sold out everywhere so they can't get it yet.

Grand Champ
10-23-2009, 09:54 PM
very awesome like another fallout 3

yeah, exactly what I noticed. Probably gonna get it when I can get it cheap.

bishop2006
10-23-2009, 11:05 PM
I made a thread about it a while back and it got like two replies.

Bought it tuesday, found 1 copy, it was sold out everywhere.

The game is like crack, i don't even see time fly by while playing. So many guns, and the gameplay is on point, it will be compared a lot to fallout 3 but as far as the shooter mechanics go it ****s all over fallout 3. But it sure doesnt have the story of fallout 3, in borderlands the story tells itself within the game play, there is not cut scenes or long conversations.

I got a level 24 berserker so far, played a lot of random games in co-op, waiting for two real life friends of mine to get it, its sold out everywhere so they can't get it yet.

The only resemblance to fallout is the post apostolic world,thats the ONLY thing they have in common,other then that,not one thing at all,the color,gameplay and guns are completelty different

IVe been hearing this alot,that the game is sold out everywhere,funny,because not many people thought it would be a huge sell out game,even tough it looked sick,i didnt think that many people would buy it,but ive been hearing its sold out everywhere

I just started soldier again,im level 14,sick game

Infern0
10-23-2009, 11:14 PM
I was going to get it but got Fallout 3 Game Of the year edition instead

Equilibrium
10-23-2009, 11:32 PM
The only resemblance to fallout is the post apostolic world,thats the ONLY thing they have in common,other then that,not one thing at all,the color,gameplay and guns are completelty different

IVe been hearing this alot,that the game is sold out everywhere,funny,because not many people thought it would be a huge sell out game,even tough it looked sick,i didnt think that many people would buy it,but ive been hearing its sold out everywhere

I just started soldier again,im level 14,sick game

I agree, i wasn't saying they were the same at all, they are very different.

Borderlands is basically diablo 2 with guns, and the shooting mechanics are top notch, every single gun feels different. Plus playing it co-op is a blast, some of the boss fights are insane. This is the type of game that you need to play with other people, as it makes the game harder and crazier.

Honestly i know i'll put a lot of hours into this game, cause as soon as i get brick to level 50, i'm starting a new game with the soldier.

Undefeated
10-23-2009, 11:34 PM
Game looks good.. Going to get it soon.

Left2body
10-24-2009, 02:55 AM
I wasnt planning on buying another game until MW2 but I might take a look at this one.

Chip2006uk
10-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Bought it for 30 from Ebay, cant wait till it comes in the post.

It was a toss up between borderlands and Forza 3, and borderlands was cheaper so I chose that.

Still really want Forza 3 though

dummydam
10-24-2009, 03:43 PM
Borderland is one hell of game.....make no mistake about that

Necrophobic
10-24-2009, 08:12 PM
Played on it at a mates and found it very average but i did only play upto where you meet the doctor.

Freddy Krueger
10-26-2009, 04:11 PM
Playing it the missions are boring so far, but only played about an hour and half of the game so far. I am however impressed by the stylish graphics.

Crazylegs77
10-26-2009, 08:31 PM
Game is too sick,got it today,its like this years co-op game of the year,i was playing as Roland,but ive changed to Mordecai the hunter,im gona start with him later on,anybody wana play ?

Im not impressed its a fallout knock off. Only played for a few hours though maybe it will grow on me.

bishop2006
10-26-2009, 09:43 PM
Im not impressed its a fallout knock off. Only played for a few hours though maybe it will grow on me.

Ive had both games and i cant see ANY comparisons besides its set in a post apocalyptic world,Borderlands has over a million guns,4 player co-op,4 different unique characters with unique skills,acid guns,electric guns,alien guns,car customizing,car racing,bandits,duels,customized specialties,animals,****,even giant moths! The boss fights are sick and hard as ****,its nothing like fallout

Freddy Krueger
10-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Ive had both games and i cant see ANY comparisons besides its set in a post apocalyptic world,Borderlands has over a million guns,4 player co-op,4 different unique characters with unique skills,acid guns,electric guns,alien guns,car customizing,car racing,bandits,duels,customized specialties,animals,****,even giant moths! The boss fights are sick and hard as ****,its nothing like fallout

The boss fights are easy if you're the bigmeathead looking guy, he has a superman moves where he beats the enemies ass with his powers.

Crazylegs77
10-28-2009, 12:26 AM

the skags dont remind you of mole rats? :lol1:

well back to go looking for the "vault" in borderlands which has no semblance to Fallout 3 whatsoever. Also the vending machines dont remind me of Bioshock. :banana:

see ya. :wave:

Flab
01-06-2010, 12:35 AM
I loves it.

Clegg
01-14-2010, 08:17 AM
I'm not that keen on it.

It reminds me of Crackdown quite a bit, only it's not as good IMO.

Killa_Kali
01-14-2010, 11:00 AM
Elder Scrolls Oblivion > Fallout 3 > Borderlands

Necrophobic
01-14-2010, 01:08 PM

borderlands is a good game

fallout 3 is a great game

es oblivion is an epic game

Grand Champ
01-18-2010, 08:30 PM

I've spend too many hours of my life playing Oblivion, great game. But serious Fallout 3 beats Oblivion at EVERY turn. better dialogue, more options, better combat, versatile enviroment (Not the same ****ing caves and oblivion gates over and over) and a quite original idea with a 1950's post apocalypse.

stickandmove12
01-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Rented it from Gamefly. Didn't like it that much. A little to slow of a game for me.

T3dBundy
01-19-2010, 04:40 PM
im playing borderlands on the ps3, its a good game but i allready got bored of it after reaching level 50.
now im playing battlefield bad company again while waiting for army of two 2, ordered it 5-6days ago, but amazon.de seems to have some troubles, so i have to wait 2 more days.
Heavy Rain is coming out next month, thats gonna be probably the best game on the ps3 :D

Grand Champ
01-19-2010, 05:04 PM
im playing borderlands on the ps3, its a good game but i allready got bored of it after reaching level 50.
now im playing battlefield bad company again while waiting for army of two 2, ordered it 5-6days ago, but amazon.de seems to have some troubles, so i have to wait 2 more days.
Heavy Rain is coming out next month, thats gonna be probably the best game on the ps3 :D

Buddy of mine got it. Short ass game. repetitive and short. Looks good though.

Boxer1590
01-20-2010, 07:20 PM
I'm buying this game tomorrow, heard a lot of good things.

Erik K
01-24-2010, 07:49 PM
I rented it a while back and recently bought it. Plan on getting back into it. If anyone is around level 20 and would like to play online with a a friend and myself send me a request. Tag is Erikk

Ryn0
01-25-2010, 10:58 AM
Almost got the Platinum for Borderlands, just need to hit level 50. I enjoyed this more than Fallout 3, I didn't enjoy Fallout 3 as much as I thought I would. I picked it up at launch but thought Oblivion was a hell of alot better. I only sunk 20 or so hours into it (small in comparision to Oblivion)

Boxer1590
01-25-2010, 07:10 PM
This games fun as ***** lol.

I played online co-op with my friend the other night for like 4 hours lol I never play games for like more than an hour at a time.

I'm only on level 11 or 12 but I'm assuming it's going to gte better and more challenging as I go on.

By the way, for those who have ps3, what do you use for headsets online? I bought a blu tooth and it works like garbage maybe cause I bought a cheap one? Or does ps3 have a specific headset?

Ryn0
01-26-2010, 04:33 PM

I played online co-op with my friend the other night for like 4 hours lol I never play games for like more than an hour at a time.

I'm only on level 11 or 12 but I'm assuming it's going to gte better and more challenging as I go on.

By the way, for those who have ps3, what do you use for headsets online? I bought a blu tooth and it works like garbage maybe cause I bought a cheap one? Or does ps3 have a specific headset?
I had a few of them, I had a metal gear solid one which was pretty good, and a giotech one which wasn't that great but this one

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/09/official-bluetooth-headset-for-the-playstation-3/

is the best one of there IMO, it's awesome and has a mute button which is easy to access, when it runs out of charge just put it in the little holder thing and it'll pick up audio without it having to sit on your ear.

Ryn0
01-26-2010, 04:33 PM

I had a few of them, I had a metal gear solid one which was pretty good, and a giotech one which wasn't that great but this one

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/09/official-bluetooth-headset-for-the-playstation-3/

is the best one of there IMO, it's awesome and has a mute button which is easy to access, when it runs out of charge just put it in the little holder thing and it'll pick up audio without it having to sit on your ear.

Boxer1590
01-26-2010, 09:09 PM

Thanks for the info man.

I just bought a cheap bluetooth at Wal Mart and it works terribly.

This one looks legit though. It's $50?