View Full Version : Video of me messing around on pads

Boxer1590
10-21-2009, 09:53 PM
Was trying to figure out how to work a camera so I can finally get one of my fights filmed and uploaded for my fight Friday. Happy I figured it out! :boxing:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tdFvDcJFZbw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tdFvDcJFZbw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Shadow boxer 3
10-21-2009, 09:58 PM
pretty good. keep that left hand up, ur just beggin for a counter right hand

Boxer1590
10-21-2009, 10:00 PM
pretty good. keep that left hand up, ur just beggin for a counter right hand

I love counter right hands because I counter with my hook :)

I have always kept my hands low, it's just my style. But everyone tries countering me with right hands I'm always watching for it.

But your actually right, eventually someone will catch me if I keep it up. Ima work on it.

Move BRICKS™
10-21-2009, 10:10 PM
Slickster stance looks nice, but you've gotta keep that hand up sometimes just to let folks know that it's there to catch/counter. Looks nice man keep up the good work.

Boxer1590
10-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Slickster stance looks nice, but you've gotta keep that hand up sometimes just to let folks know that it's there to catch/counter. Looks nice man keep up the good work.

your right man, I just always go back to boxing like that I don't know why. I don't feel comfortable any other way.

But you guys are 100% correct I need to work on that.

Domey
10-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Man, you started gasing out a minute into this video, and you were just throwing 1-2's.

You fight at 125 and from New England. You going into the USA New England tournament next month?

Boxer1590
10-21-2009, 10:23 PM
Man, you started gasing out a minute into this video, and you were just throwing 1-2's.

You fight at 125 and from New England. You going into the USA New England tournament next month?

lol I wasn't gassed at all. I went about 15 minutes before the video started and about 15 minutes after. That guy holding the pads, Fernando, sucks and can't do them fast enough.....and I was in a sauna suit.

I'm fighting Friday in the Travel Team Championships. I dunno if I'm doing that tournament yet, probably, but they are removing the 125 class and making it 123 so I'll move up to 132.

Domey
10-21-2009, 10:25 PM
On the registration form for the New Englands it is still 125. Maybe I'll sign up and pick you apart =)

Although I really have no intentions on fighting amature again.

And yea, really didn't need to state the guy holding the pads sucked. That was pretty apparent lol =)

Boxer1590
10-21-2009, 10:29 PM
On the registration form for the New Englands it is still 125. Maybe I'll sign up and pick you apart =)

Although I really have no intentions on fighting amature again.

And yea, really didn't need to state the guy holding the pads sucked. That was pretty apparent lol =)

Yea it's going to be 123 now man.

Do what you gotta do, if you think you can "pick me apart," be my guest.

and Fernando, dude holding the pads, was just doing me a favor lol. I needed to cut a lil weight and figure out my camera. He used to box though he was a brawler, wasn't bad in his day.

Domey
10-21-2009, 10:35 PM
Yea it's going to be 123 now man.

Do what you gotta do, if you think you can "pick me apart," be my guest.

and Fernando, dude holding the pads, was just doing me a favor lol. I needed to cut a lil weight and figure out my camera. He used to box though he was a brawler, wasn't bad in his day.

Just messing with ya =)

I really haven't seen anything saying it is suppose to be 123. If you check the USA boxing site they still have all of their Featherweight rankings listed at 125 lbs. If there really is a change, I would assume it is going to happen in the new year.

I am not even in shape atm to fight, specially by the 7th. I've been out of the gym for almost two months and am recovering from the flu. I have a rotator cuff injury and it actually is still bothering me, specially when throwing a hook. I was thinking about getting in shape and entering before my pro fight in January, but it is pretty doubtful. I'd have to start running at least twice a day and hitting the gym 6 days a week. Although, at the 125lb class I would most likely get a bye the first week, so that would give me 3 weeks to get ready, which would be more then enough time for me.

Hell I fought the GG's before and only trained two weeks, lol. I am my worse enemy sometimes.

Boxer1590
10-21-2009, 10:39 PM
Just messing with ya =)

I really haven't seen anything saying it is suppose to be 123. If you check the USA boxing site they still have all of their Featherweight rankings listed at 125 lbs. If there really is a change, I would assume it is going to happen in the new year.

I am not even in shape atm to fight, specially by the 7th. I've been out of the gym for almost two months and am recovering from the flu. I have a rotator cuff injury and it actually is still bothering me, specially when throwing a hook. I was thinking about getting in shape and entering before my pro fight in January, but it is pretty doubtful. I'd have to start running at least twice a day and hitting the gym 6 days a week. Although, at the 125lb class I would most likely get a bye the first week, so that would give me 3 weeks to get ready, which would be more then enough time for me.

Hell I fought the GG's before and only trained two weeks, lol. I am my worse enemy sometimes.

All good man :)

Get well man, make sure your 100% before you go pro. Best of luck man!

I'm telling you man, at least in New Enlgand, the weight classes are changing by next month. I hope I'm wrong.......but I don't think so/

BOX-A-LOT
10-22-2009, 12:14 AM
What everyone else says about everyone's sparring/fight vids, "keep yo d*mn hands up" and when you try to be cute, please do it right, ie when doing the shoulder roll, you didn't really keep your chin tuck enough and put that left shoulder up a lil bit mo'

Anyway, good luck on your future fights.

supRa
10-22-2009, 04:24 AM
good stuf man.... quick 1, 2s
u getin used to the headgear?

Boxer1590
10-22-2009, 07:56 AM
good stuf man.... quick 1, 2s
u getin used to the headgear?

yea before fights I like to train with headgear on even if it's not sparring. Headgear really affects my vision a lot and you sweat a lot more with it on. I like to get comfortable with it.

Boxer1590
10-22-2009, 07:58 AM
What everyone else says about everyone's sparring/fight vids, "keep yo d*mn hands up" and when you try to be cute, please do it right, ie when doing the shoulder roll, you didn't really keep your chin tuck enough and put that left shoulder up a lil bit mo'

Anyway, good luck on your future fights.

I'm not trying to be cute, that's just my style. I'm not a perfect fighter. I bring what I bring to the table, as does my opponent who isn't perfect neither, and we try to capitalize on each other's mistakes.

I know I keep my hands low, and I'm constantly being trained to keep them up, then when the bell ring to fight I go right back to my old ways. I do need to work on it though because eventually I will get caught.

thanks

Del Coqui
10-22-2009, 08:48 AM
there you are with your fancy sauna suit lol good work, good speed, I'd like to see you hook and uppers thou. is that your dad holding the mitts?

Boxer1590
10-22-2009, 09:13 AM
there you are with your fancy sauna suit lol good work, good speed, I'd like to see you hook and uppers thou. is that your dad holding the mitts?

lol I love that thing. Thanks

Yea the guy with the pads is my Tio Fernando. He sucks at holding them lol we tried doing some hooks, uppercuts, 4 punch combos but he isn't fast enough with the pads. Then he got too tired and couldn't hold the pads lol I'm supposed to be the one getting tired.

mrboxer
10-22-2009, 09:42 AM
hi i just viewed the video and i must say you are not bad for a beginner,you stand up to straight,you throw the same punches all the time,and your right hand needs a lot of work,also the guy holding the pads was just doing the same motion over and over again,he was throwing a slow left and a slow hook all the time,:boxing:

Boxer1590
10-22-2009, 12:06 PM
hi i just viewed the video and i must say you are not bad for a beginner,you stand up to straight,you throw the same punches all the time,and your right hand needs a lot of work,also the guy holding the pads was just doing the same motion over and over again,he was throwing a slow left and a slow hook all the time,:boxing:

lol dude I'm not a beginner, I've been boxing for years.

I throw the same punches all the time because the dude holding the pads doesn't know how, that was what we decided to do. lol in a fight I'm not gonna just throw one twos at you. So we dude all one twos, then all jabs, then the catch-jab thing. He is not my trainer, a trainer, or anything even close lol. That is my uncle Fernando who was just doing me a favor because I wanted to figure out how to work my camera and upload videos onto the computer. That was his second time holding the pads lol I didn't think he did that bad. My trainer is the guy throwing the hook in my avatar.

Del Coqui
10-22-2009, 12:14 PM

I throw the same punches all the time because the dude holding the pads doesn't know how, that was what we decided to do. lol in a fight I'm not gonna just throw one twos at you. So we dude all one twos, then all jabs, then the catch-jab thing. He is not my trainer, a trainer, or anything even close lol. That is my uncle Fernando who was just doing me a favor because I wanted to figure out how to work my camera and upload videos onto the computer. That was his second time holding the pads lol I didn't think he did that bad. My trainer is the guy throwing the hook in my avatar.

LOL i could've sworn that was Tito throwing the hook.

Domey
10-22-2009, 12:30 PM

Dude, ignore him. He is just a kid that trolls these forums all the time. There is no such thing as standing up to straight IMO. If anything, in the video you were kind of crouching down at some points and leaning forward a bit to much, which is giving up your height advantage.

I personally love fighting off my back foot, it is great for counter punching.

Boxer1590
10-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Dude, ignore him. He is just a kid that trolls these forums all the time. There is no such thing as standing up to straight IMO. If anything, in the video you were kind of crouching down at some points and leaning forward a bit to much, which is giving up your height advantage.

I personally love fighting off my back foot, it is great for counter punching.

Exactly, my trainer tells me that all the time.

Although you can't see my feet in the video, I crouch down a lot (giving up my height), and I have too wide of a stance.

All things I need to work on.

Boxer1590
10-22-2009, 01:35 PM
LOL i could've sworn that was Tito throwing the hook.

lol nah that's "Sucra" Ray Reinaldo Oliveira man.

I'm going to tell him tonight he looks like Tito lol.

sammiza567
10-22-2009, 01:58 PM
you got potential keep at it. your not taking criticism very well so only thing im gonna say is snap the jab more i saw many opportunities to counter with right hands when you jab.

Sam D. Menace
10-22-2009, 02:26 PM
why does the pad guy swing over your head when he should be trying to take your head off? it's suppossed to get you used to ducking, noding your head wont avoid much come fight night

Joachim
10-22-2009, 04:15 PM
132? Ill be dropping to 141 for my fights. How tall are you ?

Boxer1590
10-22-2009, 05:47 PM
132? Ill be dropping to 141 for my fights. How tall are you ?

I'm like 5'9 probably. I dunno if ima go down to 123 or up to 132 I need to talk to my trainer about it.

Domey
10-22-2009, 06:00 PM

I'm like 5'9 probably. I dunno if ima go down to 123 or up to 132 I need to talk to my trainer about it.

Pretty tall. I'm like 5'7 and I rarely see anyone my height at 125, let alone taller.

Boxer1590
10-22-2009, 07:36 PM
Pretty tall. I'm like 5'7 and I rarely see anyone my height at 125, let alone taller.

Yea I'm taller than most people in that weight class, except the last kid I fought. He was a giant lol I would say he was at least 2 inches taller than me. He was weak as hell though.

The kid I'm going to be fighting is pretty big for 125, he's wider than me but I'm a little taller. I would rather be taller.

Domey
10-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Yea I'm taller than most people in that weight class, except the last kid I fought. He was a giant lol I would say he was at least 2 inches taller than me. He was weak as hell though.

The kid I'm going to be fighting is pretty big for 125, he's wider than me but I'm a little taller. I would rather be taller.

What's his name?

MOTHER DUCKER
10-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Hey nice stuff, the sauna suit your wearing is it the one which is 19.99$ iv'e seen around? it looks the same also does it rip etc? guessing you would recommend it too based on your previous comments

Boxer1590
10-22-2009, 09:09 PM
What's his name?

Angel something, Lorenzo maybe

Boxer1590
10-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Hey nice stuff, the sauna suit your wearing is it the one which is 19.99$ iv'e seen around? it looks the same also does it rip etc? guessing you would recommend it too based on your previous comments

Thanks man

Yea I think it's that one. I just ordered the cheapest one from everlast.

It has been great for me so far, no rips or nothing. It works really well. I would say it definitely does what it is supposed to do.

Kiid Dynamite
10-23-2009, 06:49 AM
Im better....

Boxer1590
10-23-2009, 07:13 AM
Im better....

congratulations

D-MiZe
10-23-2009, 07:15 AM
Im better....

Better at being a cunt?

Kiid Dynamite
10-23-2009, 07:35 AM
Better at being a cunt?

No prick and to that matter a better boxer

Floyd Mayweather is a better boxer than me and also a better prick :D:D

No1
10-23-2009, 08:46 AM
lol I wasn't gassed at all. I went about 15 minutes before the video started and about 15 minutes after. That guy holding the pads, Fernando, sucks and can't do them fast enough.....and I was in a sauna suit.

I'm fighting Friday in the Travel Team Championships. I dunno if I'm doing that tournament yet, probably, but they are removing the 125 class and making it 123 so I'll move up to 132.
Its damm hard on the pads when your wearing a sauna suit. I dont do it anymore, a couple of times i've started to go dizzy after i've worn one and gone on the pads, i'd say only use it for skipping or maybe light roadwork. The rewards just arnt worth feeling that **** after hitting the pads whilst wearing one. Youd looked fast though, good job.

Boxer1590
10-23-2009, 08:58 AM
Its damm hard on the pads when your wearing a sauna suit. I dont do it anymore, a couple of times i've started to go dizzy after i've worn one and gone on the pads, i'd say only use it for skipping or maybe light roadwork. The rewards just arnt worth feeling that **** after hitting the pads whilst wearing one. Youd looked fast though, good job.

Definitely agree. Same happens to me sometimes. I've been having a hard time getting my weight down for my next fight, which is tonight, so whenever I train I have to wear that suit. I'm on weight right now so hopefully I'll be alright:boxing:. But yea I wouldn't recommend hitting the pads with a sauna suit on. and thanks

Cuauhtémoc1520
10-23-2009, 09:18 AM
Definitely agree. Same happens to me sometimes. I've been having a hard time getting my weight down for my next fight, which is tonight, so whenever I train I have to wear that suit. I'm on weight right now so hopefully I'll be alright:boxing:. But yea I wouldn't recommend hitting the pads with a sauna suit on. and thanks

You shouldn't wear that suit more than 20 minutes. It could be dangerous. If you are having trouble making weight you should be on a stricter diet or try losing it way before the fight and just keep it off.

Boxer1590
10-23-2009, 09:23 AM
You shouldn't wear that suit more than 20 minutes. It could be dangerous. If you are having trouble making weight you should be on a stricter diet or try losing it way before the fight and just keep it off.

I'm on a very strict diet. And you are right. I'm moving up in weight after my next fight. I'll be going to 132 which I can make with ease and will be much more comfortable.

Boxer1590
10-23-2009, 11:03 AM
here is a short video of 4 punch combos
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZhED0zxXm9g&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZhED0zxXm9g&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>