get the work out plan of any pro-fighter

puppy_dogg
03-22-2005, 01:51 PM
roy jones-

Brutal! :D

manila_assasin
03-22-2005, 01:57 PM
roy jones-

warm up- touching toes, side to sides, torso twists, push ups, full body stretch, bouncing on toes and moving

run- 3-5 miles

shadow boxing- 4x4 minute rounds (30 second break)

heavy bag- 4x4 minute rounds (30 second break)

speedball- 16 minutes (30 second break)

floor 2 celing bag- 16 minutes (30 second break)

skipping- 25 minutes at steady pace (1 minute break)

ab work- 4x100 situps (30 second break)
4x100 leg crunches (30 second break)
4x100 crunches (30 second break)
Brutal! :D

I'll give this a try tonight. (I will use 1 minute breaks though)

marvelous_TG
03-22-2005, 02:09 PM
You cannot post these workout, this is a workout from gary todd's book. these workouts where posted here before and rick got in trouble for it so, stop posting workouts from gary todd's book.

puppy_dogg
03-22-2005, 02:15 PM
who is gary todd? i got this off the net

do i need to take it down? :confused:

marvelous_TG
03-22-2005, 02:27 PM
who is gary todd? i got this off the net

do i need to take it down? :confused:
gary todd is the author of the book: Workouts from boxing's greatest champs, a book where discribes how pro's workout. i and another poster, posted some of his workouts, here at the forum, and gary todd contacted rick, threatening to sue the people who had posted the workouts from his book on the net. and that workout you just gave is a workout from his book.

puppy_dogg
03-22-2005, 02:31 PM
thanks marvelous

hey assasian, will you please edit my post that you quoted?
it did'nt go away on your post when i edited the original

+= El Jefe=+
03-22-2005, 03:03 PM
gary todd is the author of the book: Workouts from boxing's greatest champs, a book where discribes how pro's workout. i and another poster, posted some of his workouts, here at the forum, and gary todd contacted rick, threatening to sue the people who had posted the workouts from his book on the net. and that workout you just gave is a workout from his book.

so there is on other workouts
that are not from his book outthere??

damn :(

Mr.Talent
03-22-2005, 06:47 PM
question for thoses of u that have the book...Do they have Mike Tyson's workout in it?

.::|ULTIMATE|::.
03-22-2005, 07:01 PM
so there is on other workouts
that are not from his book outthere??

damn :(

Someone here had a book with a bunch including El Finito Lopez' workout.

Rockin'
03-22-2005, 07:08 PM
If you want me to tell you my workout routine I will. I will not be an easy one to follow, however, if you get to the point where you are completing it while working a good rate you will definately be in great shape........Rockin'

spinksjinx
03-22-2005, 07:30 PM
If you want me to tell you my workout routine I will. I will not be an easy one to follow, however, if you get to the point where you are completing it while working a good rate you will definately be in great shape........Rockin'

Post it, always anxious to see peoples regimens.

kapersky
03-22-2005, 07:41 PM
how much did tyson trained in his prime, how many hours/day and how many days/week?.

+= El Jefe=+
03-22-2005, 08:20 PM

yeah post it
its gonna be interesting to see
someone else's workouts

Rockin'
03-22-2005, 08:42 PM
This may sound far fetched to you, but ask anybody who was in Galaxy at the time and they will verify.

Always running in the morning. Sundays were my days to rest and rebuild. Sometimes we ran straight jogging and others we were on the hills

This was mon-sat, every week
6-8 Rounds Shadowboxing. Im not talking about a couple of rounds loosening up and dancing around. Im talking about atleast 125 punches a round while catching blocking and dodging the imaginary punches.

6-8 Rounds sparring. Some days we would run 10. Usually sparred atleast 3 with Tarrick and then Bronco and then a few with anybody else that wanted some.

6-8 Rounds heavybag. Not this one punch stuff and then dance around it. Heavy combos with heavy power while moving around the bag. The last 2 rounds are a constant punching drill. Stand infront of the bag and start shooting straight lefts and rights. Work so that you are pushing the bag onto an angle and then keep it at that angle for the entire round. Its some hard work.

4-6 Rounds speed bag. Not much to say here, just hit the damned thing.

4 Rounds Double ended bag- Just work at a good rate, I was almost constant while moving around it.

3 rounds no break in between bells on the sit up machine. I dont remember the toatal weight but we just put the pin on the bottom weight and when the bell rang you start crunching. When the round ends you work through it until 3 full rounds and 2 rest periods are complete.

20 minutes straight jump rope. This was not a constant. When running the hills we would leave the jump rope alone. Otherwise 20 minutes straight.

Cals- 50 push ups, burn out on the chin ups, we had an original leg exercise that is hard to explain and even harder to do.

Shower

My workouts normally lasted between 2-2 1/2 hours. In that gym as soon as we got in there we would turn the thermostat all the way up and start warring. It was common for me to lose up to 8 lbs of water weight during the workout. Walk in weighing 156 and leave weighing 148.

This took me a while to build to but it was achieved after many sore ass nights laying to bed. Some days we excluded somethings but when the fights were approaching it was common to be there for 3 hours, adding things to the list. My trainer was a conditioning freak, and it pays off when the fights roll around. You know that you are more than strong enough to stand for the entire distance of the fight and on top of that your legs will get so well conditioned that you will stand after taking some shots that may have dropped you otherwise.

Good luck with this, be patient and it will come.......Rockin'

BadMagick
03-23-2005, 12:38 AM
Sounds like a good routine, Rockin'. I assume that wasn't all done every day, though. I think you might get overtrained if you were to do that, but I don't have any experience with it. Seems like a lot of work for one day, man. (I'm not saying you didn't do it, or that it didn't work; just that it'd kick the **** out of anyone)

marvelous_TG
03-23-2005, 03:56 AM
Here's tyson's this is not from his book:

IIRC Tyson in his youth didnt use weights at all but his 'bulk' came from being naturally big (200lb at age 15), eating high protein diets (steak, pasta and fruit juices were his ONLY diet up until firing Rooney in 1988).
Well i digress, his regimen in the olden days was this:

5am: get up and go for a 3 mile jog
6am: come back home shower and go back to bed (great workout for those huge legs of his)
10am wake up: eat oatmeal
12pm: do ring work (10 rounds of sparring)
2pm: have another meal (steak and pasta with fruit juice drink)
4pm: more ring work and 60 mins on the exercise bike (again working those legs for endurance and power)
5pm: floor exercises: 2000 sit ups; 500-800 'dips'; 500 press ups and 500 shrugs with a 30kg barbell and 10 mins of neck exercises (working the biceps, triceps, chest, abs and shoulders)
7pm: steak and pasta meal again with fruit juice (orange i think it was).
8pm: another 30 minutes on the exercise bike
9:30 watch TV and then go to bed.

I heard this on an interview with Tyson saying it himself to Ian Darke (Sky commentator)

Contrary to belief, Tyson wasnt always in the ring sparring for hours and hours, but he did his roadwork and kept his body in shape, with 10 rounds of sparring a day he virtually eliminated his ring rust and could work on the power punches which came from natural exercices (the press ups etc) and those big powerful legs. It's this discipline that made Tyson so great up until firing Kevin Rooney.

This is Tyson at age 18.

Tyson had this size when he was 16-ish really (214 pounds) but as the exercises were consistent everyday he didnt get weight gains or size gains due to the consistent regimen he followed. All he did was maintain his size, conditioning and stamina but learned ALL the time in the sparring sessions and his matches in the ring and THAT is what made him a brilliant boxer NOT his personal life which is what made him an ATTRACTION.
That's a heavy workout.

kapersky
03-23-2005, 04:24 AM
Here's tyson's this is not from his book:

IIRC Tyson in his youth didnt use weights at all but his 'bulk' came from being naturally big (200lb at age 15), eating high protein diets (steak, pasta and fruit juices were his ONLY diet up until firing Rooney in 1988).
Well i digress, his regimen in the olden days was this:

5am: get up and go for a 3 mile jog
6am: come back home shower and go back to bed (great workout for those huge legs of his)
10am wake up: eat oatmeal
12pm: do ring work (10 rounds of sparring)
2pm: have another meal (steak and pasta with fruit juice drink)
4pm: more ring work and 60 mins on the exercise bike (again working those legs for endurance and power)
5pm: floor exercises: 2000 sit ups; 500-800 'dips'; 500 press ups and 500 shrugs with a 30kg barbell and 10 mins of neck exercises (working the biceps, triceps, chest, abs and shoulders)
7pm: steak and pasta meal again with fruit juice (orange i think it was).
8pm: another 30 minutes on the exercise bike
9:30 watch TV and then go to bed.

I heard this on an interview with Tyson saying it himself to Ian Darke (Sky commentator)

Contrary to belief, Tyson wasnt always in the ring sparring for hours and hours, but he did his roadwork and kept his body in shape, with 10 rounds of sparring a day he virtually eliminated his ring rust and could work on the power punches which came from natural exercices (the press ups etc) and those big powerful legs. It's this discipline that made Tyson so great up until firing Kevin Rooney.

This is Tyson at age 18.

Tyson had this size when he was 16-ish really (214 pounds) but as the exercises were consistent everyday he didnt get weight gains or size gains due to the consistent regimen he followed. All he did was maintain his size, conditioning and stamina but learned ALL the time in the sparring sessions and his matches in the ring and THAT is what made him a brilliant boxer NOT his personal life which is what made him an ATTRACTION.
That's a heavy workout.

how could he got that body if he didnt use weight and didnt eat a lot?, didnt he use creatine or high protein?. no way he could be that big and strong with only "normal" food and specially if he didnt spend hours and hours in the ring.

Rockin'
03-23-2005, 04:35 AM
It was just about every day like that. Like I said my trainer was a conditioning freak. As far as burning out, I believe that to be a mental state of mind not physical. beacuae if you think about it, if you really want to do something you can and will. The only thing that was altered at all was the running, this was my choice. When my trainer didnt have me on the hills, where he supervised, I was instructed to run in the mornings on my own. Honestly, I ran when I felt like it. Most of my conditioning was achieved in the gym and it was more than enough to carry me strongly through the fight. I remember after this one fight, me and this guy had a slugfest at the palace. The bout was supposed to be aired on usa cable network but it didnt get on because of time restraints. Anyway, I good done with this fight, got stitched up and came out to find all of my buds who had come to watch. I saw them up on mid level of the arena, in the beer line ofcourse. Like 3 steps at a time I bolted up those stairs with my equipment bag strapped to my shoulders. After that hard fight I swear that I could have done another 4 rounds.

If you do this routine daily you will be a monster. As far as burning out, like I said; if its something that you like to do and want to do then you will do it. If not then your mind can start playing tricks on you...........Rockin'

adrsan84
03-23-2005, 06:21 AM
It was just about every day like that. Like I said my trainer was a conditioning freak. As far as burning out, I believe that to be a mental state of mind not physical. beacuae if you think about it, if you really want to do something you can and will. The only thing that was altered at all was the running, this was my choice. When my trainer didnt have me on the hills, where he supervised, I was instructed to run in the mornings on my own. Honestly, I ran when I felt like it. Most of my conditioning was achieved in the gym and it was more than enough to carry me strongly through the fight. I remember after this one fight, me and this guy had a slugfest at the palace. The bout was supposed to be aired on usa cable network but it didnt get on because of time restraints. Anyway, I good done with this fight, got stitched up and came out to find all of my buds who had come to watch. I saw them up on mid level of the arena, in the beer line ofcourse. Like 3 steps at a time I bolted up those stairs with my equipment bag strapped to my shoulders. After that hard fight I swear that I could have done another 4 rounds.

If you do this routine daily you will be a monster. As far as burning out, like I said; if its something that you like to do and want to do then you will do it. If not then your mind can start playing tricks on you...........Rockin'
you must have been a monster that is hard core, did you do anything else at the time like work or school?

Rockin'
03-23-2005, 07:02 AM
yeah, Jackie had lined me a job bartending at a fine restaraunt during the evenings. I would get up at around noon and go to the gym and then go to work and get home at like 3 or 4 in the morning. And then get up and do it all again. It was tough but I loved it so I managed. The only thing that was really tough was that I had a girlfriend that I really loved alot. It was hard to find time for her, I mean after doing that schedule for a week anytime that I had off was spent resting and sleeping. She could not understand how i was always so tired and I would explain to her about how hard the sport is and then to work 30-40 hours ontop of it, man it was tough.

I was a physical monster back then. Not large but just cut up and in shape. It was a great time in my life. But there are more great things yet to be expeienced for me in this sport, I've only just begun.............Rockin'

BadMagick
03-23-2005, 12:39 PM
Sounds like that work paid off for you, though.

boxer2k5
03-23-2005, 03:01 PM
anyone want to see my workout routine

Mick Hucknall
03-23-2005, 03:21 PM
yeh fire away!

marvelous_TG
03-23-2005, 03:21 PM
anyone want to see my workout routine
sure, why not. i'd like to see it.

boxer2k5
03-23-2005, 10:06 PM
Stretch
legs,arms, torso, neck
15 minutes worth

warmups
200 jumping jacks
100 alternate toe touches
100 belly slaps
50 lunges
50 moutain climbs
100 arm rotations foward and backwards up and sides total of 600 rotations
100 calve raises
50 squats
stomache workout wiht medicine ball
jumprope 25 minutes
shadow boxing 10 minutes
25 pullups
25 chinups

workout
Heavybag 4roundsx3minutes
speedbag-3x3
doubleend bag 3x3
300 1,2 punches with 3 pound weight
pad work(bout 3 times a week)3x3
sparring 2 to 3 times a week 2-5 rounds 3 minutes

cooldown
500 situps/crunches
and pryamid countdown 20 or 25 count punshups

running bout 3 times a week 3 miles
full sprints up this steep high 7 times

its kinda hard because sometimes we substitute some of the workouts with other thigns so i tried to give you guys an idea of the noraml ****
like today we had to do this workout where i lay on my back and i situp and throw the medicine ball over the top rope and someone in the ring catch it i lay back sit up and catch the ball and do 2 sets of 30

and when we go to other gyms to spar we do nothing(those who sparring)
when my trainer not there i do pretty much the same workout jsut a little lighter

and since i dont run everyday i make sure i get my jumprope in and lots of intense rounds on the heavy bag

i started when i was 225 nov
i weighted myself today and im 180
im in trouble i have a fight next week at HW i cant past 178
i ordered some chinese food lol try to even this **** out

ima buy some oeatmeal and bread tomm

boxer2k5
03-24-2005, 05:40 PM
too advance i know

+= El Jefe=+
03-26-2005, 12:29 AM
anymore anyone???

boxer2k5
03-26-2005, 02:33 PM
noone else works out

boxinglegend
03-29-2005, 06:54 AM
awsome workouts man,

there are also some goodones on this thread:

http://www.1-2-free-forums.com/mf/boxing.html

or

http://boxingkent00.tripod.com

enjoy!!!

Tha Greatest
03-29-2005, 03:39 PM
Roadwork:Wake up at 5:30 am, everyday is different
3 miles-Finish last 1/2 mile with intervals(15 second sprint/15 second rest)
1-2 mile run REAL fast
Hill Sprints

Everyday is different and right now i'm just building my way up

Warm-up:shadowbox 3-4 rounds
Stretch 5 minutes

Workout:Heavybag 4 x 3 minute rounds (gonna work my way up)
Speedbag 4 rounds
Double End Bag 2-3 rounds
Sparring - they dont sparr much in my gym :confused: but whenever i can i will(i'm movin to Detroit next year so i can finally go to a good gym)

10-15 minutes jump rope
pushups,squats,etc.
bodyweight/conditioning drills 1-2 times a week
Core(situps,V-ups,leg raises, etc.)
Neck (bridges, curls off the ring,curls with harness)
I work neck 3 times a week

Plyometrics twice a week

5-10 minute stretch
Go home!

Theres my workout