View Full Version : Fight Tommorow.....sort of.

Atwa_66
03-22-2005, 11:22 AM
A friend of mine, who is alot bigger than me, and probably one of the toughest kids in my school said he could beat me in a boxing match, I said I doubt it, since he has no boxing knowledge. I am fighting him tommorow for 3 rounds of 3 minutes, and I hope I can win, wish me luck. Here are some stats:

Atwa_66
Height: 5'9
Weight: 146
Expierence: 5 months

Other kid
Height: 6'1
Weight: 250
Expierence: likes to beat kids up, plays football and lifts alot

Let's see what happens, I'll let you guys know after it's over. I have a few questions though, since he's alot stronger, and has stamina since he plays football, what would be the best thing for me to do? Tire him out and work the jab and run him around, or just fight a normal fight?

later :boxing:
:davil2:

MolotoVSolution
03-22-2005, 11:26 AM
Yeah , Id say u win man .... I whould come watch the fight and be the man who gives you water a fixes your cuts but lol , i gotta go visit family in my home town ontario canada :cool: , But hey you guys we can place bets lol , i mean if i were you id bet for atwa_66 , ive been beat on a couple of times without gloves :D , and let me say it was fast strong and left a good black and blue arm lol ..... But hey i hope you win atwa , kick sum ass man

:nutkick: :boxing:

sena
03-22-2005, 11:34 AM
just make him look bad. Looking "at the tale of the tape" every1 is gonna think he should eat you. Mark him up a little, he doesn't even hav to look the worse for wear. Just let him kno that a kid 100lbs less embarassed him

PunchDrunk
03-22-2005, 11:39 AM
100 pounds is a big weight difference, and with just 5 months under your belt, you're still just a beginner. I'd say STICK AND MOVE!! :omfg:

MolotoVSolution
03-22-2005, 02:26 PM
o yeah and the person who beat on me was atwa_66 so , man i have faith in him , Use the force :D ..... And atwa id say you should run around him get him tired and then hit him like theres no tom.

+= El Jefe=+
03-22-2005, 02:36 PM
A friend of mine, who is alot bigger than me, and probably one of the toughest kids in my school said he could beat me in a boxing match, I said I doubt it, since he has no boxing knowledge. I am fighting him tommorow for 3 rounds of 3 minutes, and I hope I can win, wish me luck. Here are some stats:

Atwa_66

Other kid

Let's see what happens, I'll let you guys know after it's over. I have a few questions though, since he's alot stronger, and has stamina since he plays football, what would be the best thing for me to do? Tire him out and work the jab and run him around, or just fight a normal fight?

if he has loinger reach than you
you should try to get by one of his jabs and work inside
without technique longer arms are useless in inside fighting.
plus if you sneak a couple of good body shots his arms will drop.
faster than a high schooler panties.
luck and dont get killed

jack_the_rippuh
03-22-2005, 03:03 PM
Hit him in the body...perferrably right in the gut of the stomach, not alot of punks can take it down there.

boxer2k5
03-22-2005, 03:15 PM
5 months isnt enough time to learn how to beat someone so much bigger than you

your best berst is to slip and count and move

hopefully your stamina is up
use that
make him tired
he will quit

btw are youy guys fighting in a ring with headgear n gloves

i hope the bully wins
i havent seen a good ol fashon bullly in years
i thought they died out since coliumbine

dansweeney
03-22-2005, 03:17 PM
100 pounds is quite a difference, not to mention the 4 inch height advantage, i dont think his stamina will be any good though, football shape is not boxing shape. let him kill himself throwing wild haymakers in the first round, ill bet he will be spent after 1 round

Sweat
03-22-2005, 03:36 PM
Damn guy.. U got yourself in a big trouble.. Well, if he's bigger than u and stronger than u, taller than u, has more stamina than u... then the best thing to do is to throw that god damn towel! Just kidding.. Well, just do your best man..

Rockin'
03-22-2005, 06:19 PM
you should not be pulling this sort of stuff yet. You have been boxing for only a few months and may have 3 or 4 bouts ubder your belt. Calling people out is one thing, but being ready to back it is another. I just know that when I had 4 or 5 fights under my belt I kept my mouth closed and let them talk their ****. because I knew that in a very short time I would be knocking them the f**k out with what I was learning.

If you want to try and box him on the outside you will have trouble. Unless ofcourse you are some kind of prodigy or well schooled fighter, which in the amount of time you have trained I would doubt. On the outside you will need to move, rip a couple of shots and move again. I cant teach you to fight in a single reply.

If you want to box on the inside with him, which would be the strategy of any trained fighter, you will have trouble. Not having mastered blocking and rolling techniques yet, you are going to eat some hard shots. This guy is alot bigger than you.

In time, when you get more experience and skill you will be able to play with these large, slow moving creatures. I used to fight with heavuweights regularly, their lack of speed is gives a smaller man such an advantage if he knows what he is doing. But the thing is that you are a green amatuer with very little time and training under your belt. I would definately reconsider your decision. But then again, if you are friends he might not be loading up on you. Then again, when people are watching and you hit him a good one 9 times out of 10 he is going to want that shot back, and then some. Know what I mean.............Rockin'

joeboxer
03-22-2005, 07:00 PM
If you are good at ducking and moving out of the way of punches this could be your night. If you are not that kind of fighter and pretty much got your rep for being a hard ass and calling out guys 100 pounds heavier than you, this is going to suck.

I would hit him first, with your hardest right hand. If he laughs it off then you should quite after he tags you once. If you hurt him than go for broke, take a break make him miss, and go for the KO again. If you can embarass him that should be enough.

paul750
03-22-2005, 07:04 PM
If you are good at ducking and moving out of the way of punches this could be your night. If you are not that kind of fighter and pretty much got your rep for being a hard ass and calling out guys 100 pounds heavier than you, this is going to suck.

I would hit him first, with your hardest right hand. If he laughs it off then you should quite after he tags you once. If you hurt him than go for broke, take a break make him miss, and go for the KO again. If you can embarass him that should be enough.
just make him miss and wear him out, or you could always just give him a hard kick in the balls, once you get him good there, his ass will be yours

leff
03-23-2005, 07:27 AM
Jump straight at him hit in the nose so it hurts, he will than get mad run after you throw wild haymakers and tire. dans around him and jabb until he tires. And than bang his body and head.

He is 100 lbs over you so i must say your brave fighting him but those 100lbs will make him tire fast and boxing stamina is something special.

a friend of mine was the 9th best 3000meter runer in the country but he was completely done after 2min hard sparring.

make him mad, make throw wild punces , miss, tire and than go at him.

Im 6 and 185 and ive tired and beat upp bully at 6.6 and 270 in the ring. Just make him tire.

will this be in a ring with a ref, helmet etc???

Good luck and keep your hans upp.

Speedy Gonzales
03-23-2005, 07:38 PM
Yes, but any athlete is not an average "bully" (which he isn't since this fight was agreed by on both side), ANY ATHLETE HAS AN ADVANTAGE IN TOUGHNESS and QUICK REACTIONS(reactions maybe not in something like running or track and field).

Kid Achilles
03-23-2005, 08:53 PM
Quick reactions maybe, toughness no. Becoming an athlete does not automatically make you "boxing tough". There are plenty of guys who are tough on the football field but would quit after less than a round of getting smacked around while being helpless to do anything about it.

boxer2k5
03-23-2005, 09:08 PM
he nevr posted what happen
that bully must have rocked his snot box

m00ks
03-23-2005, 09:59 PM
he nevr posted what happen
that bully must have rocked his snot box

lmao yeah eh? I was waiting for an update. I guess we'll have to wait till they clear Atwa out of the hospital.

joeboxer
03-23-2005, 10:02 PM
He hasn't posted anywhere since. Maybe he died.

The Fix
03-23-2005, 11:33 PM
He hasn't posted anywhere since. Maybe he died.

hahahahaha i dont think you can post anything on the internet when you are in the hospital.

if he is dead can i have his points :D

m00ks
03-23-2005, 11:35 PM
The wierd thing is Atwa is in my msn messenger. He usually logs on quite often and to be honest with you guys, I haven't seen him on-line in a quite a bit....dang....hope he's ok.

zip
03-24-2005, 06:22 AM
m00ks your ava is hawt, who's the girl?

Atwa_66
03-24-2005, 09:25 AM
hey guys thanks alot for the replys and help, and some doubt me too, but that's ok, alot of other people around here feel the same, asking me if i'm insane and stuff. I haven't posted because I can't get on my computer at home regulary, and I didn't have a chance to get on in school yesterday. We are fighting with headgear, gloves, and mouthpieces. We each have a cornerman, and a friend is doing the reffing, he knows all the rules, so it's good. We are just doing it in someones garage. We couldn't do it yesterday, because we were originally doing it in a friends backyard and it snowed 4 inches here so we couldn't. It's either going to be today or tommorow. I like how a few friends of mine, so i thought, didn't take my side, thanks ;). But seriously, I didn't go to the kid and so "yo ***** ill curb your ass." We were just talking about the sport, and he told me there is no difference between boxing and fist fighting, I said there was, knowing he is a kick ass street fighter, he said, alright then let's box and we'll see. He thought i'd back down, and so did everyone else, so I said alright lets do it. I'm not afraid to fight him, and im definitely not afraid to get cut up at all. It's a sport, and hell I love it. Nobody else will fight me but him. I think i should be getting respect that I'd fight someone with such an advantage, not hate because I can't get the win, we'll see, I'm ready to close some mouthes.

Mr.Talent
03-24-2005, 09:45 AM
good luck.

PunchDrunk
03-24-2005, 10:21 AM
Yeah good luck, definitely. I think everybody's hoping you'll win. :)

Rock_fght
03-24-2005, 10:55 AM
Good luck....I like my fights best when my opponets bigger than me because I wont feel bad for beating the piss out of them, thats when I can go all out....tell me when your dead.

Rockin'
03-24-2005, 11:02 AM
I dont know what to say to you dude, except you got some cohones. Keep those hands high and keep those eyes open, they are a greater tool than your fists. And good luck. Hey, why do cows where bells?..... Cause their horns dont work! Go get em champ, be carefull...............Rockin'

puppy_dogg
03-24-2005, 11:12 AM
jokes to loosen the fighters up, take some nervous tension away. you know it works when you see the uncontolable grin from ear to ear thing go down.

m00ks
03-24-2005, 02:06 PM
m00ks your ava is hawt, who's the girl?

carmella decesare

m00ks
03-24-2005, 02:11 PM
hey guys thanks alot for the replys and help, and some doubt me too, but that's ok, alot of other people around here feel the same, asking me if i'm insane and stuff. I haven't posted because I can't get on my computer at home regulary, and I didn't have a chance to get on in school yesterday. We are fighting with headgear, gloves, and mouthpieces. We each have a cornerman, and a friend is doing the reffing, he knows all the rules, so it's good. We are just doing it in someones garage. We couldn't do it yesterday, because we were originally doing it in a friends backyard and it snowed 4 inches here so we couldn't. It's either going to be today or tommorow. I like how a few friends of mine, so i thought, didn't take my side, thanks ;). But seriously, I didn't go to the kid and so "yo ***** ill curb your ass." We were just talking about the sport, and he told me there is no difference between boxing and fist fighting, I said there was, knowing he is a kick ass street fighter, he said, alright then let's box and we'll see. He thought i'd back down, and so did everyone else, so I said alright lets do it. I'm not afraid to fight him, and im definitely not afraid to get cut up at all. It's a sport, and hell I love it. Nobody else will fight me but him. I think i should be getting respect that I'd fight someone with such an advantage, not hate because I can't get the win, we'll see, I'm ready to close some mouthes.

Chillz bro. Mad props already for taking on a guy who's 100 pounds over. And even though we're your friends, we've never really seen you box so how can we properly asses? No hat'n here and we give you full support, well I'm rooting for ya at least. Nail the ***** to the body. If he's a street fighter he'll tire up in the first round, and he'll hunt yer head most likely. KICK HIS ASSSSSSSSS!!!

zip
03-24-2005, 03:44 PM
im always the shortest fighter in my fights so i might be able to give u some tips..

Dont hook. Only straight punches.
Weave your head all the time. As soon as you slip a punch jump forward and attack with the opposite hand he pucnhed with. EG, he throws a right straight, slip to the right (your right) jump forward and smash a left on in.
Work the body, body, body until he gives you a total open shot at his face. Liver, kidney, Plexus, heart work it baby ;).
Guard up all the time. Protect the head cause he will most certainly be headhunting.
I dont know yoour or his reach but if you can double jab to keep him away.

Good luck and post how it went :).

BrooklynBomber
03-24-2005, 04:22 PM
I just hope your stamina is fine. Otherwise you are in a bit of trouble. Big guys who dont box will wrestle you. Trust me they will after a minute or so of a fight. So your best shot is to move and work the body.OR if you have power you might want to try to hit him with a charfed right straight in the beginning and than just move out and make him run after you. But dont forget to work the body. Nonfighters are not used to take punishment on the body and will most likely quit or go down.
ANd good luck.
You will definately need it.

Mick Hucknall
03-25-2005, 03:33 PM
Hey whats with this. Atwa is sure taking a while to get back to us. hope he aint bust up to bad if he got beat.

boxernyc
03-25-2005, 05:20 PM

Good luck bro. I have faith. You're gonna eat lightning and you're gonna crap thunder. You're gonna be a very dangerous persoin. Oh, and make sure he doesn't Ruiz your ass. Tell him they take a point away for every third clinch. Damn, I wish they really did that to Ruiz! Good Luck.

Atwa_66
03-25-2005, 07:21 PM
hey again, the kid keeps stalling now, it was supposed to be wednesday, then thursday, then today at 2, but the kid aiin't contacting me, so I don't know whats going on. I am definitely fighting him though, because I wouldn't back down, I just hope he talks to me soon, because I want to box him, sorry for keeping everyone waiting, and once again thanks for your comments.

Mick Hucknall
03-26-2005, 05:46 AM
man i hope you knock this chump out. good luck.

leff
03-26-2005, 11:51 AM
Almost as if i think the big bully is scared.

Jab his head to get his hands upp and than hook and uppercut his ribbs, it will make him tire bad.

boxer2k5
03-26-2005, 01:36 PM
i cant believe this htread got so many post
supporting a street ppv with some littl ekid wiht golita in his sig and some fat bully in special ed who is on punishment so he cant ocme out

Mick Hucknall
03-26-2005, 01:44 PM
shut the **** up man. we are only giving the guy support thats why we all posting.

MuscleBobBuffPants
03-26-2005, 01:59 PM
any more news on the big fight? id say go to the body. if he fist fights he s likely taken some to face but nobody ever goes to the body on the street. the first time i received a good body shot in the ring i wanted to curl up in the foetal position and suck my thumb

Rockin'
03-26-2005, 02:14 PM
we probably got him all pumped up and then he went out there and got killed. :D Hope not but..........Rockin'

abdiel2k3
03-26-2005, 02:16 PM
u beter get this on tape atwa
and i ud ont have a vid cap card
mailen it 2 someone here that does
so we can all see ya fight

Atwa_66
03-26-2005, 02:30 PM
u beter get this on tape atwa
and i ud ont have a vid cap card
mailen it 2 someone here that does
so we can all see ya fight
actually abdiel a friend of mine might be taping it for real, so If he does and I get copies, I'll send you win. Still no word from him, But i'm calling him soon and telling him it's monday. If he don't show, he don't, But im sick of waiting, and it's making me look bad to you guys since I keep telling you it's a day and then changing it, the kid is really pissing me off now.

Oh and Boxer2k5, stfu man nobody likes you here, and if you don't like the post count, don't contribute to it *******

ophqui
03-26-2005, 02:41 PM
obviously it depends what u learnt in ur five months, and his innate fighting abilaty, hieght and weight will be a big factor. Personally, when sparring with novices i find u always have to be on ur toes. Their liable to be overly aggressive in the first minute of every round, then settle into a defend-attck pattern, so the best advice i can give is to jab n move for the first while of every round (dont get lazy after the first round and think 'i've got this in the bag!'). They also tend to throw odd combinations, usually starting with an overhand right, so watch out for that.

Basically what im saying is concentrate on footwork and angles (things he'll know NOTHING about). He may bore forward early, so use that to ur advantage and dont get drawn into a slugging match, cos u'll lose considering the size and wieght differance

boxer2k5
03-27-2005, 08:55 PM
actually abdiel a friend of mine might be taping it for real, so If he does and I get copies, I'll send you win. Still no word from him, But i'm calling him soon and telling him it's monday. If he don't show, he don't, But im sick of waiting, and it's making me look bad to you guys since I keep telling you it's a day and then changing it, the kid is really pissing me off now.

Oh and Boxer2k5, stfu man nobody likes you here, and if you don't like the post count, don't contribute to it *******

i was joking

now i find out noone likes me :(

BadMagick
03-27-2005, 10:12 PM
I didn't read the whole thread, but the best advice anyone can give, aside from not fighting him: don't get hit. If he catches you, even once, you're going to hurt.. BAD. 100 lbs is a lot of weight to give up. I weigh only 195, but if I were to catch a guy who weighed even 120, he'd be in a lot of pain, especially if I got him full force.

Try to slip his punches, and then hit and move real fast. See if you can tire him out.

Atwa_66
03-28-2005, 02:19 AM
i was joking

now i find out noone likes me :(
I'm just kidding with you man
You know people like you here
You're one of the regulars now

leff
03-28-2005, 05:36 AM
Whats happening with the fight man????

yeah and if you could get it on tape and share with us, that would be soooooooo great.

ophqui
03-28-2005, 09:10 AM
Lol, he's never coming back. . . clearly our advice wasnt enough

R.I.P

Rock_fght
03-29-2005, 05:33 PM
Mabey the big guys not stalling but getting training so he can ensure he can beat the piss out of you...scary thoughts...scary thoughts. :(

Rock_fght
03-31-2005, 03:54 PM
:mad:

hey guy!!!! ar ya still alive.

ok where does he live so that we can all go to his funeral.

Slipx
04-01-2005, 10:16 AM

Atwa_66

Other kid

this is how people get hurt..boxing a heavyweight that doesn't like them without headgear. this is a bad idea buddy, and it will only result in your brain being flattened against the inside of your cranium

my advice: hit him with an equalizer(bat,penny roll) when he's alone somewhere, then keep beating on him after he's on the ground ..i >guarantee< he wont **** with you after that

sure it's cheap, but if I was small like you that's how i'd deal with a douchebag jock like him

leff
04-01-2005, 10:36 AM
whats upp with atwa and the fight???????

He`s been on the last couple off days but he wont either answer too this thread ore to my pm.

But anyway his stil alive which means it didnt go to bad.

Atwa_66
04-01-2005, 10:45 AM
Kid keeps putting it off like i said in my last post on here, once again, I will post back on this thread when the fight goes down, it's getting annoying because he won't set a date yet....most likely it will be saturday or sunday, By Monday I will most definitely have results
Slipx, I will be wearing headgear and a mouthpiece, so it's safe.

Atwa_66
04-01-2005, 10:47 AM
Mabey the big guys not stalling but getting training so he can ensure he can beat the piss out of you...scary thoughts...scary thoughts. :(
haha nah, the other day we were in the weight room, and I was working with him with the punch mits, He gets tired out very very fast I learned. He hit the mits all out for about 5 minutes and had to sit down for 5 mins. to take a rest, This is definitely going to be one hell of a match, and If i can get it on tape, ill try my best to upload and ill post the yousendit so everyone can see it...win lose or draw.

boxernyc
04-01-2005, 11:16 AM
haha nah, the other day we were in the weight room, and I was working with him with the punch mits, He gets tired out very very fast I learned. He hit the mits all out for about 5 minutes and had to sit down for 5 mins. to take a rest, This is definitely going to be one hell of a match, and If i can get it on tape, ill try my best to upload and ill post the yousendit so everyone can see it...win lose or draw.

Where are you having the fight? Are you selling tickets? Do you need representation ;)

akins12732
04-02-2005, 07:24 PM
anything yet?

Rock_fght
04-07-2005, 06:44 PM
hello..........

Gattz187
04-07-2005, 06:48 PM
he is no longer with the bs family hes not coming back to the forums

tysonortiz
04-15-2005, 02:15 PM
This guy doesnt seem like much of a tough guy

Atwa_66
04-16-2005, 01:23 PM
This guy doesnt seem like much of a tough guy
who doesn't seem like much of a tough guy?

Mick Hucknall
04-16-2005, 01:25 PM
Ignore him. The guys just posting one line replies probably to just rack up his posts tally. Most of his posts have been meaningless.

Rock_fght
04-18-2005, 04:39 PM
Yea, Im bigining to think attwa mad this thing up.

cms
04-19-2005, 09:02 PM
Yea, Im bigining to think attwa mad this thing up.
so am i ....

leff
04-20-2005, 07:26 AM
ive talked to atwa about it, it seems as he had problems setting a date with the bully.

last he said is that he is fighting him this weekend.

Boxerdog
04-22-2005, 10:36 AM

Atwa_66

Other kid

Make sure your mommy has your insurance paid up.

Ark
04-22-2005, 10:49 AM
I'v read almost every last post on this thread so clearly u have enough advice.
but what i wanted to share was someting that happend to me 3 months ago.
I was also literally new to the sport about 4-5 months into it, i was loving it so i was talking about it alot at school and with freinds.. a classmate of mines said that boxing sucks and that it would never be any use in a real street fight. He was a geneticaly well built guy who got into alot of street fights. So i chalenged him to a 4 round sparring match and he accepted. He came over to my gym, and i got permision from my coach . He was slightly heavier than me, propably around 25 pounds heavier or so. In the first round he was able to land a few blows on me concidering i was still new to the sport and only knew the basics but my stamina was really good .
In the next round i totally ruled him, i did everything i was tought on those 5 months, oh and the coach was at my corner telling me what to do :D .. we got into the third round i gave him a few clean blows to the face and shortly after that he gave up, the diference in stamina showed. The match was finished with him having a swollen face and a whole new respect for the sport..

xrhythmxnxbluesx
04-22-2005, 12:52 PM
good one...teach that foo a lesson.. i love gettin into street fights too... but whats diff with me.. i know boxing muay thai kickboxing and jiu jitsu.. so you wanna challenge me.. har har.. :boxing:

leff
04-25-2005, 09:22 AM
good one...teach that foo a lesson.. i love gettin into street fights too... but whats diff with me.. i know boxing muay thai kickboxing and jiu jitsu.. so you wanna challenge me.. har har.. :boxing:

well since ive been doing boxing, kickboxing and jiu jitsu and because your kinda small(if i remeber correctly) sure lets fight.

by the way, i with 2.5 year of boxing wrestled a guy who had 4 years of judo experience last friday.

i took damn long time, he was like 190 and 6.2 while im 6 and 185, he was a lot better at wrestling but i outshapeed him.

and after 20min he finaly gave upp(for the forth time :D ).

:boxing:

Ark
04-26-2005, 01:50 PM

Well, PM me if u ever come to Dubai and ill invite you to my gym as i did the other guy and woop ur ass :D

Atwa_66
05-27-2005, 08:16 PM
It's been long enough, but the fight went down today, I'm making a thread to let everyone know how it went.

Gattz187
05-27-2005, 08:20 PM
i had one too. Guy was taller than me and had better reach. Was blocking most of his hits in the begining. Then went buck wild on me was throwing his arms like a jab/hook motion. caught me coupple time. They didnt hurt thou. By the end he was tried. I was half done i think if it was a real match with no time outs i would ve beat him