View Full Version : Reccomend me some Xbox 360 games

▀ringer
10-16-2009, 10:51 PM
Just picked up an Xbox 360 with a 20 gig hard drive, 2 wireless controllers, and 1 game ; "Star Ocean ; The Last Hope" all for $100.00 from some dude on craigslist.

So reccomend me some other 360 titles to check out, since I've been pretty out of the loop this generation. Below are some of the titles I know I am interested in, if this will give you any idea of the sorts of game syou should reccomend or not.

Assassin's Creed, The Elder Scrolls IV ; Oblivion, Fable 2, Fight Night Round 4, Ninja Gaiden 2, Gears of War.

That's about all I know that I really want thus far, and I may pick up that "Prizeighter" game since it's so f*cking cheap ; was that one any good? The boxing fan in me thinks it's clearly worth the 10 dollar price tag.

Equilibrium
10-17-2009, 12:31 AM
Prize fighter is cheap because it sucks, don't get it.

Assasin's creed is pretty good, i just didn't really get into it, i got about half way through the game and it was just more of the same

Oblivion is a must play game too, you will sink many hours into it. I would suggest getting the game of the year edition as it comes with all of the expansions and add ons.

Fable 2 is great, though some people didn't like it but i personally think it's an amazing game i just finished the main story on my first play through and i'm far from being done with the game as soon as i finished it i started another character which is going to be evil as hell.

Fight night round 4 is a must have for any boxing fan i still play on a regular basis, mostly when i have some friends over.

Ninja Gaiden 2, i don't know man. It's sitting on my shelf and i don't really feel like playing it, it's too ****ing hard and i play games to have fun, not to be humiliated. :lol1:

Gears of war is good, but pretty short, if you can get it for cheap go for it.

Now, my suggestions.

-Dead Space, greatest survival horror game ever made. Get it, play it, love it.

-Bioshock, amazing game. Look it up, i can't even begin to explain how great it is.

I know that you are a huge metal fan, so i suggest you check out Brutal Legend. But it's pretty short and it just came out, so don't buy it, just rent it.

Check out the trailer:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zxnho1yTjRo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zxnho1yTjRo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I would suggest checking out fallout 3 too but i need to say that its very close to oblivion. It's made by the same people, using the same engine and it shows. Of course the story, the weapons and the setting are completely different, but if you play both you will see huge similarities.

Anyway if you are interested in fallout 3, wait for the game of the year edition that is coming out soon(it may already be out) it will include all the downloadable content.

Another one that is the type of game that you either hate or love is dead rising. The setting is simple but awesome, you're a journalist and you get dropped in a zombie infested mall for 72 hours. You basically have to take pictures and go through the different plot elements while fighting zombies. By fighting zombies i mean "Going through a crowd of 200 zombies with a lawmower or a chainsaw." Personally i liked it a lot.

As for the rest, i don't know what kind of games you like, the ones i suggested are great regardless. Do you like racing games? Japanese rpgs? Fighting games?

▀ringer
10-17-2009, 12:47 AM
I like pretty much anything, really.

Street Fighter 4 is another one I need to get that I just thought of, Dead Rising sounds cool. :fing02:

RPGs are great as well. Is this "Star ocean" game a good one? Haven't really had time to test it, yet.

Equilibrium
10-17-2009, 01:16 AM
I like pretty much anything, really.

Street Fighter 4 is another one I need to get that I just thought of, Dead Rising sounds cool. :fing02:

RPGs are great as well. Is this "Star ocean" game a good one? Haven't really had time to test it, yet.

For street fighter 4, wait a bit, the new version will come out soon and it will have a bunch of new characters.

I never played Star Ocean but from the review it seems pretty good:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/955/955258p1.html

If you like racing games i would suggest getting Burnout Paradise, it's over the top good fun. The sense of speed is the best i have seen in any game, it's ****ing fast. Got it for 20$ brand new at walmart 2 weeks ago.

I must insist on dead space, it's just great, you could probably get it for around 20$-30$, too.

▀ringer
10-17-2009, 01:34 AM
For street fighter 4, wait a bit, the new version will come out soon and it will have a bunch of new characters.

I never played Star Ocean but from the review it seems pretty good:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/955/955258p1.html

If you like racing games i would suggest getting Burnout Paradise, it's over the top good fun. The sense of speed is the best i have seen in any game, it's ****ing fast. Got it for 20$ brand new at walmart 2 weeks ago.

I must insist on dead space, it's just great, you could probably get it for around 20$-30$, too.

Yeah, I always liked those "Burnout" games on PS2, so I'm pretty sure I'll love "Paradise".

"Dead Space" also sounds like a must.

I still can't believe I got this console with 2 controllers and a game that goes for $35 at gamestop for $100.00. :lol1:

Liaison
10-17-2009, 01:50 AM
Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey, Condemned, Left 4 Dead, Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, The Orange Box, Saints Row 2, Dead Rising, GoW 2, Bioshock, BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger and many more.

Just a kick as selection of software to be had for the system...

Equilibrium
10-17-2009, 01:51 AM
I still can't believe I got this console with 2 controllers and a game that goes for $35 at gamestop for $100.00. :lol1:

Yeah thats pretty crazy, did the guy look cracked out or something? :lol1:

▀ringer
10-17-2009, 02:15 AM
Yeah thats pretty crazy, did the guy look cracked out or something? :lol1:

Quite the opposite, infact.

He was a middle aged, balding, fat, loser type who still lives with his parents.

Talked my f*cking ear off about how badass this "Star Ocean" game is, broke down the combat system and everything. It got to the point where I was like "dude, just unhook it".

Though I do know of a local crackhead selling his 80 gig PS3 for $100.00 at the moment.....That's my next purchase.

▀ringer
10-17-2009, 02:19 AM
Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey, Condemned, Left 4 Dead, Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, The Orange Box, Saints Row 2, Dead Rising, GoW 2, Bioshock, BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger and many more.

Just a kick as selection of software to be had for the system...

The bolded is exactly why the 360 was my preferred console of choice for this Generation.

It's a non-Jasper model, manufactured in May of 2008. So I need to remove the faceplate and see if it's been tampered with, and if not, check and see if I can get the ***** registered with MS, just incase **** hapens, 'ya know?

If not, I know 2 local guys who are real pro's when it comes to console repair and modding, so if anything goes wrong I should get it fixed in 24 hours with about 40 bucks or so.

I forgot about "Rainbow Six : Vegas". Haven't played 2, but I'm sure it's the ****. I played the first and f*cking loved it.

Mech.
10-17-2009, 02:28 AM
Tales of Vesperia (traditional sort of Japanese rpg), Blazblue (king of fighters?), The orange Box if you're gonna play online.

If you find these on the cheap:
Bionic Commando, Dark Sector, I had a good time with em.

Equilibrium
10-17-2009, 02:32 AM
By the way, did you check out the Brutal Legend video i posted?

It's pretty good, the game has some funny bits, plus it has Jack Black, Ozzy, Lemmy Kilmister plus a bunch of other ones i don't really know. It's a fun experience but i don't think it's worth the 60$ tag right now, rent it or wait for it to be in the bargain section simply because it's pretty short, i bought it on tuesday and i'm nearing the end.

Anyway the game is pretty badass, i mean you can play a guitar solo that actually melts the faces of ennemies around you, how ****ing badass is that?

And you guys are totally right about the 360 game library, i was confronted with the dilemma of buying either a 360 or a ps3 and in the end i went with the 360 because it has so many more games.

I mean, there is no doubt that the ps3 is a better console and capable of better graphics, but at the end of the day i want a console to play games, not watch some blu ray movies and tell myself that my console is the best while playing the 4 games worth playing on said console.

Liaison
10-17-2009, 02:47 AM
There***8217;s nothing out there to suggest the PS3 is the better console, because quite frankly it isn***8217;t.

PS3 games like Uncharted and Killzone 2 are pushing the technical boundaries of what this generation can offer graphically this generation but that***8217;s about it, 3rd party games still look and play better on the 360 plus the online line support is better (granted Micro$oft still ****ing chargin me)..
The PS3 is always going to be an awesome Blu-ray player and with a few tweaks, it***8217;ll be a monster media playback portal but I just wanna play games, right now, my PS3 is only being used for messing around with Linux & SACD***8217;s. I have a stand alone Pioneer Blu Ray Player which has almost rendered my PS3 obsolete for movies.

That said, Uncharted 2 kicks some serious ass.

*Ninja Edit* And now I***8217;ve read your post fully where you pretty much say the same thing I said, duh, ****. Still the PS3 is not the better gaming console, but most definitely the better media hub. Actually in saying that, there they are basically targeting the same gamers with the same style of gaming. That***8217;s what I liked about the 16 bit wars, Sega and Nintendo were actually offering you vastly different products, arguments on the playground were unique because both arguments were vastly different; arguing between which is better, a PS3 and a 360 is like arguing which of the Olsen twins is hotter, seriously.

Equilibrium
10-17-2009, 02:54 AM
I meant better console because the 360 is/was known to have a high failure rate. Should have been a little more specific.

▀ringer
10-17-2009, 02:58 AM
By the way, did you check out the Brutal Legend video i posted?

It's pretty good, the game has some funny bits, plus it has Jack Black, Ozzy, Lemmy Kilmister plus a bunch of other ones i don't really know. It's a fun experience but i don't think it's worth the 60$ tag right now, rent it or wait for it to be in the bargain section simply because it's pretty short, i bought it on tuesday and i'm nearing the end.

Anyway the game is pretty badass, i mean you can play a guitar solo that actually melts the faces of ennemies around you, how ****ing badass is that?

And you guys are totally right about the 360 game library, i was confronted with the dilemma of buying either a 360 or a ps3 and in the end i went with the 360 because it has so many more games.

I mean, there is no doubt that the ps3 is a better console and capable of better graphics, but at the end of the day i want a console to play games, not watch some blu ray movies and tell myself that my console is the best while playing the 4 games worth playing on said console.

"Brutal Legend" looks pretty cool, but like you said ; I don't think it looks cool enough for a $60 price tag. Especially not when I can get "NInja Gaiden 2 " for 18 bucks and I'll likely have twice as much fun with it. (I'm a sadist, I guess. I loved the original remake on the original Xbox.)

And I'm with you on the PS3 ; a friend of mine just got one, and I was over there playing "Resident Evil 5" on it, and enjoyed it quite a bit. But apart from that, "God of War 3", and "Metal Gear Solid 4" ; there really isn't **** I want on a PS3.

Still, I'll likely get one eventually, especially if I can get my hands on that 80 gig one for 100 bucks. If not, my area is in no shortage of drug addicts, so it's only a matter of time until I find a similar deal on a PS3 for cheap.

But I'm an old school gamer, I guess. I just like a console with a ****load of diversity and games to be played, rather than fancy multi-media stuff and add ons I really won't use.

▀ringer
10-17-2009, 03:02 AM
I meant better console because the 360 is/was known to have a high failure rate. Should have been a little more specific.

This is true.

But from what I understand ; you really only need to get your "RROD" fixed once, and then you're good to go.

Unless you're sending it back to MS, I mean. Because they typically just send you another console, from what I've read.

One of those local dudes I mentioned earlier guarantees a 98% succes rate on a permanent "RROD" fix. So if I do get one, I give him 40 bucks, and never see the problem again.

Doesn't sound as bad as it was made out to be, to me.

Then again, I won't be stuck in the endless cycle of sending **** back to Microsoft, either.

That makes no sense to me at all. They f*cked it up, and you're going to trust them to fix it so that it never happens again?

I think you'd have better luck putting "Count Dracula" in charge of the blood bank.

sleazyfellow
10-17-2009, 03:18 AM
Tekken 6 comes out this month, and next month dragon ball z raging blast comes out...2 games im sure to get. If you dont have a gold account yet, I suggest you do so you can actually play online, and if you are a fighting game fan there is marvel vs capcom2, super street fighter 2 HD remix, and Garou:mark of the wolves...all great games.

I had fun with Resident Evil5 too, but it was over too fast and I didnt play it over and over like I did with 4, so if you've played 4 alot like I did, just borrow it from a freind, you'll get your fill of it trust me.

Clegg
10-17-2009, 03:22 AM
Couple of suggestions:

For the cheapest games, I would go for Condemned and Perfect Dark Zero. Condemned because, with RE5 going for straight forward action, this is one of the few survival horror games out there. PDZ was a launch title, I think. If you played the original on N64 then you'll know what the basic feel of it is like.

I think Prizefighter is worth getting. The career mode has more story than FNR4, you have different characters behind the scenes and stuff like that. It also has a lot of great boxers that weren't in Fight Night, so it's good to get a chance to play as them. It has quite a lot of flaws, but kept me entertained for a couple of weeks.

The Saints Row games are worth checking out, particularly the second one. I prefer them to GTA. You probably already thought of this, but the best thing would probably be to go online and download a bunch of demos. You don't need to pay to dl them.

As for the RROD, I got it the same morning that SF4 came out and arrived at my house. What a cunt that was.

Equilibrium
10-17-2009, 03:58 AM
But I'm an old school gamer, I guess. I just like a console with a ****load of diversity and games to be played, rather than fancy multi-media stuff and add ons I really won't use.

I'm a old school gamer too, been gaming since i was old enough to old a controller in my hands. My father got my into it, he was playing mario bros and kid icarus when i was still a baby and i watched him play.

Thats another thing i like about the 360, loads of arcade/oldschool games, though you have to buy them with microsoft points.

But i purchased about 10 so far, only this week i bought geometry wars 2, which is basically a new take on the old school space shooter genre. That game is crack, i also bought Worms 2 armageddon and spent a good 2 hours earlier tonight playing with some friends.

I'm thinking about buying Turtles in Time: Reshelled, which is basically the old turtles in time classic remade with 3d graphics.

Edit: Clegg got some good ones. Personally i enjoyed Saints Row 2 more than GTA IV, playing through the whole game with a friend has a lot to do with it but it's silly and there is loads of stuff to do. Condemned 1 & 2 are good too, i'm not even finished with the first one but i got them both for 10$ each. I really want to finish them both but man, so many games so little times.

Ryn0
10-17-2009, 10:38 AM
Didn't like Assassins Creed, but if you can find it cheap then go for it.

Ninja Gaiden 2/DMC4/Batman:AA and newly released Brutal Legend is good for fighting
Elder Scrolls:Oblivion/Fallout3/Mass Effect/Fable II for RPG
Blazblue/SF4 (for fighting)
Halo3/COD4/Gears1&2/Bioshock/Orange Box/L4D/Resi 5 for shooters
Forza 3/Race Driver:GRID for racers
and finally for adventure type games go for Prince of Persia/Grand Theft Auto4

Pick your but thats pretty much my 360 library of games (except all of the non exclusives i mentioned are on PS3 instead)

Grand Champ
10-17-2009, 11:37 AM
Games from my own little humble collection I can recommend

(GTA4, FN4 is a must have so ain't gonna say much more than that)

- Fallout 3 with all the Add-ons.. probably my favourite game. I've played it to death. Isn't a spot on that map I haven't been to or a glitch I haven't tried.

- Oblivion; I'm playing it for a 2nd time now. Really enjoying it..! Make sure to get shivering isle though. It's a nice break from all the caves and oblivion gates you constantly move in and out of.

- Bioshock: one of the best survival games I've ever played. really amazing game, you get really sucked into the game and the graphics are just amazing

- Call of Duty 4 - Modern warfare: What can I say.. probably the best war game I've ever played. simply amazing game. I can only recommend this game.

- Dead Rising: best zombie game around if you like having an entire mall for yourself and a couple of thousend zombies to kill in various funny ways and something like 4-5 different endings depending on how you choose to play it.

Need 4 Speed: Most wanted: You play as a streetracer, lots of races running from the cops, costumizing your car etc. Really nice driving game, one of my favourites.

Games I got that I can't get into to:

Gears of war: way to quick and futuristic for my taste
Fable II: a little too goodie goodie and not enough freedom like in Oblivion where the freedom to go everywhere anytime doing anything is total.

Also Tekken 6 is set to be released at the end of this month, I'm definitely getting it.

KESSLER
10-17-2009, 12:08 PM
If you like MMA, "UFC Undisputed 2009" is a must have. Madden 10, of course.. can't **** with Madden. Also Fifa is good, but you're American so I know you don't like that.

Get GTA4, that game is great.

Left2body
10-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Fight Night Round 4. Also Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (releases Nov 10). Those 2 games will keep me covered till about summer. Ton's of replayability.

Those games are the ones you get most bang for your buck on. If I did the math I think I paid about .10 cents per gaming hour on CoD4 probably similar with FN3.

FN4 is well on its way and I'm sure MW2 will be similar.

???
10-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I always liked those "Burnout" games on PS2, so I'm pretty sure I'll love "Paradise".

"Dead Space" also sounds like a must.

If you like the Burnout games then i highly recommend Flatout Ultimate Carnage. The damage in this game is very, very realistic.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/swFLoCo5l88&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/swFLoCo5l88&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

squealpiggy
10-17-2009, 08:09 PM
Fight Night 4 is good, Bioshock is amazing, Halo 3 is great and a lot of fun online, just playing Gears of War and I picked up Skate for next to nothing. Also have the ****ty simpsons game which sucks. But if you fancied picking up Fifa 10 on Tuesday I'll be happy to exchange gamer tags and pwn you mightily.

D-MiZe
10-17-2009, 08:15 PM
Fight Night 4 is good, Bioshock is amazing, Halo 3 is great and a lot of fun online, just playing Gears of War and I picked up Skate for next to nothing. Also have the ****ty simpsons game which sucks. But if you fancied picking up Fifa 10 on Tuesday I'll be happy to exchange gamer tags and pwn you mightily.

You're too old to even have half a chance against me on CoD4 or Halo 3.

trampstank
02-14-2010, 04:08 AM
sfgrsdgdrgdththfthfh

trampstank
02-14-2010, 04:08 AM
thrthrurujrurururtu

trampstank
02-14-2010, 04:09 AM
rtyurturturuurutrtur5urururtu

trampstank
02-14-2010, 04:09 AM
tyutyutuytuytut