View Full Version : What fight did you watch recently/last night

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Dynamite Kid
10-15-2009, 07:28 PM
What fight did you watch recently/last night ?

This morning i had it on my mind to watch and score the Witherspoon vs Holmes fight so that is what i did. Ive just watched Douglas vs Tucker (boring as hell) and Tyson vs Pinklon Thomas.

What fight did you watch recently or today?

MANGLER
10-15-2009, 07:32 PM
Jones-Toney

Stoppage
10-15-2009, 07:35 PM
I re-watched Mosley vs Margarito because there's nothing better than watching a cheater lose big time.

Currently, I'm trying to find Tarver vs Griffin but no luck, yet.

TheGreatA
10-15-2009, 07:54 PM
Jersey Joe Walcott vs Rocky Marciano II

Checked out how long the count actually lasted and it was about 9 real seconds.

Gene Tunney vs Tommy Gibbons
Clips of Gene Tunney vs Ted Jamieson

Interesting to see a 21 year old Tunney, still in the army at the time, boxing well vs Jamieson but still quite unpolished compared to the master-boxer who picks apart Gibbons 6 years later.

1SILVA
10-15-2009, 08:02 PM

This morning i had it on my mind to watch and score the Witherspoon vs Holmes fight so that is what i did. Ive just watched Douglas vs Tucker (boring as hell) and Tyson vs Pinklon Thomas.

The ST Gordon-Carlos Deleon fight when Gordon destroyed him in the second round. Before that, Roger Maweather vs Sammy Fuentes and Larry Holmes vs Carl Williams

Dynamite Kid
10-15-2009, 08:07 PM
The ST Gordon-Carlos Deleon fight when Gordon destroyed him in the second round. Before that, Roger Maweather vs Sammy Fuentes and Larry Holmes vs Carl Williams

Larry Holmes vs Carl Williams who won for you?

blacklodge
10-15-2009, 08:20 PM
Two days ago I watched both Bowe-Golota fights. Outright violence.

TheGreatA
10-15-2009, 09:03 PM
I also watched Roger Mayweather vs Harold Brazier recently. Now that's a good fight.

Ziggy Stardust
10-15-2009, 09:09 PM
I watched De La Hoya Vs. Mayorga last night, Lewis Vs. Tyson this afternoon. Thinking of digging out some Wilfredo Gomez tonight.

Poet

dionysius
10-15-2009, 09:11 PM

Pacquiao Morales 2 and Pacquiao Marquez 1

Marquez was ko for the 3rd time... he stood up very slowly:skull:

Dynamite Kid
10-15-2009, 09:23 PM
I watched De La Hoya Vs. Mayorga last night, Lewis Vs. Tyson this afternoon. Thinking of digging out some Wilfredo Gomez tonight.

Poet

I was watching Gomez fights the other day the Derrik Holmes fight was a pretty entertaining fight. I liked his beat down of Juan Meza to, brutal beat down.

I watched the Thomas vs Tyson fight because of what you said earlier. Tyson looked flat and aside from a tremendous!! finish he was not that impressive. I had Tyson one round ahead 3-2 but Thomas did okay untill the KO.

Ziggy Stardust
10-15-2009, 09:26 PM
I was watching Gomez fights the other day the Derrik Holmes fight was a pretty entertaining fight. I liked his beat down of Juan Meza to, brutal beat down.

I watched the Thomas vs Tyson fight because of what you said earlier. Tyson looked flat and aside from a tremendous!! finish he was not that impressive. I had Tyson one round ahead 3-2 but Thomas did okay untill the KO.

What did you think of the commentary in the Tyson Vs. Thomas fight?

Poet

Dynamite Kid
10-15-2009, 09:31 PM
What did you think of the commentary in the Tyson Vs. Thomas fight?

Poet

How do you mean? I thought Leonard was being big headed about his win over Hagler, that Larry Merchant was giving Thomas too much credit for the rounds he thought he was winning lol

Ziggy Stardust
10-15-2009, 09:32 PM
How do you mean? I thought Leonard was being big headed about his win over Hagler, that Larry Merchant was giving Thomas too much credit for the rounds he thought he was winning lol

Bingo! LOL!

Poet

Dynamite Kid
10-15-2009, 09:34 PM
Bingo! LOL!

Poet

Which part, about Ray, or both? lol

Ziggy Stardust
10-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Which part, about Ray, or both? lol

Merchant of course lol. I can't stand that drunk :rofl:

Poet

Dynamite Kid
10-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Merchant of course lol. I can't stand that drunk :rofl:

Poet

I watched the whole telecast and Harold Lederman's scorecard for Douglas vs Tucker was a WTF moment, he had Tucker sweeping the early rounds the dumb mofo.

One thing ive noticed about Lederman's scorecard besides them always being inaccurate is........he scores heavily in favour of workrate.

TheGreatA
10-15-2009, 09:43 PM
I watched the whole telecast and Harold Lederman's scorecard for Douglas vs Tucker was a WTF moment, he had Tucker sweeping the early rounds the dumb mofo.

One thing ive noticed about Lederman's scorecard besides them always being inaccurate is........he scores heavily in favour of workrate.

Which explains him scoring Williams-Quintana I for Williams and Jirov-Toney for Jirov if not for the knockdown.

Ziggy Stardust
10-15-2009, 09:45 PM

Yeah, Lederman has his biases: Most judges do. Workrate IS important (Mayweather and Wlad Klitschko call your offices) but it isn't the ONLY thing. Lederman's biggest bias is toward the aggressor: Barring a fighter being visibly hurt, if the punches landed is even remotely close Lederman practically always scores the round for the more aggressive fighter.

Poet

Dynamite Kid
10-15-2009, 09:54 PM
Which explains him scoring Williams-Quintana I for Williams and Jirov-Toney for Jirov if not for the knockdown.

Yeah, Lederman has his biases: Most judges do. Workrate IS important (Mayweather and Wlad Klitschko call your offices) but it isn't the ONLY thing. Lederman's biggest bias is toward the aggressor: Barring a fighter being visibly hurt, if the punches landed is even remotely close Lederman practically always scores the round for the more aggressive fighter.

Poet

Wow i was not aware of that TheGreatA, but there you have it a nutshell. I watched Ishe Smith vs Danny Jacobs a few weeks ago and i thought he was being way to generous to Jacobs, i thought Jacobs won but Smith landed some huge! shots in that fight. I still thought Jacobs won but......

Yep agree. When ever he gives scorecard i know its going to be in favour of the wrong guy or the same as mine but he has the guy 7 rounds infront instead of 1/2 like me lol

Dynamite Kid
10-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Im wondering how how Lederman scored Wright vs Vargas, Berto vs Collazo because Winky & Collazo were both more active imo, but they were not necessarily landing the more significant shots. Im not saying Wink could not of but i would not be surprised to see him pick Wink based on activity, then again Vargas was a HBO star in the making so..

TheGreatA
10-15-2009, 10:18 PM
Im wondering how how Lederman scored Wright vs Vargas, Berto vs Collazo because Winky & Collazo were both more active imo, but they were not necessarily landing the more significant shots. Im not saying Wink could not of but i would not be surprised to see him pick Wink based on activity, then again Vargas was a HBO star in the making so..

Lederman had the Berto-Collazo fight 115-112 for Collazo, the Wright-Vargas fight 115-113 for Wright.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LMxa4Pff8KI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LMxa4Pff8KI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yhn2vUOYHBw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yhn2vUOYHBw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

bojangles1987
10-15-2009, 10:26 PM
Cotto-Mosley

Great fight, they landed some bombs on each other, had it 115-113 Cotto.

mhager91490
10-15-2009, 10:50 PM
I haven't been watching much boxing for the last few weeks so I have been catching up these last few days.

I watched Salvador Sanchez-Ruben Castillo, Matthew Hilton-Buster Drayton (for the first time and it was an amazing fight) and Edwin Valero-Vincente Mosquera.

I just got done watching Mando Ramos-Yoshiaki Numata (I own a black and white version so I wonder where WayneBedfre got the color version) and I'm watching Ike Williams-Enrique Bolanos II at the moment.

I took off work tomorrow and have a lot of boxing to watch, the list tomorrow goes:

Ike Williams-Vic Cardell
Tony Canzoneri-Kid Chocolate I
Jose Medel-Fighting Harada I
Midget Wolgast-Juan Zurita
"Private" Gil Cadili-Miguel Berrios
Andy Price-Pipino Cuevas
Mark Kaylor-Errol Christie
Gene Fulmer-Gil Turner

sonnyboyx2
10-16-2009, 02:20 AM
Two days ago I watched both Bowe-Golota fights. Outright violence.

yes i often watch those 2 fights, they are brutal stuff

JAB5239
10-16-2009, 05:55 AM

It is so much different watching a fight live than on tv. I was pretty close to ringside for Jirov-Toney and had Jirov slightly ahead at the time of the stoppage. After seeing it on tv I had Toney by a close but UD without the knock down. Just saying.

PS-best live fight I've been to.

Dynamite Kid
10-16-2009, 06:43 AM
Lederman had the Berto-Collazo fight 115-112 for Collazo, the Wright-Vargas fight 115-113 for Wright.

I haven't been watching much boxing for the last few weeks so I have been catching up these last few days.

I watched Salvador Sanchez-Ruben Castillo, Matthew Hilton-Buster Drayton (for the first time and it was an amazing fight) and Edwin Valero-Vincente Mosquera.

I just got done watching Mando Ramos-Yoshiaki Numata (I own a black and white version so I wonder where WayneBedfre got the color version) and I'm watching Ike Williams-Enrique Bolanos II at the moment.

I took off work tomorrow and have a lot of boxing to watch, the list tomorrow goes:

Ike Williams-Vic Cardell
Tony Canzoneri-Kid Chocolate I
Jose Medel-Fighting Harada I
Midget Wolgast-Juan Zurita
"Private" Gil Cadili-Miguel Berrios
Andy Price-Pipino Cuevas
Mark Kaylor-Errol Christie
Gene Fulmer-Gil Turner

Cheers TheGreatA, i knew it, it does not surprise me one bit that he scored it for both Wink & Collazo.

Salvador Sanchez-Ruben Castillo

I thought Castllio made Sanchez looked bad, it was a very close fight to my memory.

Silencers
10-16-2009, 06:51 AM
Latest fights I watched were Jimmy Thunder vs Tim Witherspoon and Denis Boytsov vs Jason Gavern. Haven't had much time to watch boxing lately.

TheGreatA
10-16-2009, 07:56 AM

It is so much different watching a fight live than on tv. I was pretty close to ringside for Jirov-Toney and had Jirov slightly ahead at the time of the stoppage. After seeing it on tv I had Toney by a close but UD without the knock down. Just saying.

I think it's easy to miss a lot of the things Toney did, especially watching the fight live. Jirov kept punching and punching while Toney countered with the cleaner blows at times but he could not match Jirov's workrate.

I can see why one would have Jirov ahead but with Lederman it seems to be that he scores the fight for the fighter who throws more punches, atleast most of the time.

Benncollinsaad
10-16-2009, 08:01 AM
I re-watched Mosley vs Margarito because there's nothing better than watching a cheater lose big time.

Currently, I'm trying to find Tarver vs Griffin but no luck, yet.

Me too...:(

Clegg
10-16-2009, 08:07 AM
Yesterday: McClellan-Jackson I, Trinidad-Vargas, Tyson-Seldon.
Today: Dirrell-Findley, Bute-Berrio, Khan-Limond.

Seen them all before apart from Bute-Berrio. Decent fight.

Benncollinsaad
10-16-2009, 08:10 AM
I'm looking for Kessler vs Siaca. Help anybody?

mickey malone
10-16-2009, 09:00 AM
Matthew Hilton Vs Knox Brown..

Brown down in the 3rd.. Hilton takes a UD.. Brown looked durable though..

BennyST
10-16-2009, 09:39 AM
Last fight was Foster/Finnegan I think. I love it. In fact I really enjoy all of Foster's fights. Great right hand counter. Beautiful. Amazingly powerful jab too.

1SILVA
10-16-2009, 09:44 AM

That was a difficult fight to score because they hit each other with equal force. One of the best performances of toney's career

1SILVA
10-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Larry Holmes vs Carl Williams who won for you?

I had Williams winning 9 rounds. two judges gave Holmes 11 rounds, a pathetic disgrace!!!!!!! Williams thoroughly outboxed Holmes until the last two rounds when Holmes had him hurt.

BennyST
10-16-2009, 10:03 PM
I also watched Roger Mayweather vs Harold Brazier recently. Now that's a good fight.

That really is a great fight. Harold Brazier was so underrated, though I think sometimes he made himself that way.:dunno:

I think he was one of the greatest fighters to never win a title. His record ended up as something like 120-10, with so many of his losses coming by BS SD. He won so many fights but got screwed by the judges. He was the Augustus of his time.

His skill was phenomenal though. Really amazing fighter. Though it was at times frustrating when he got tired and couldn't punch because he would have knocked Mayweather out. Sad fight. He really deserved that title but one judge screwed him over.

TheCheetah
10-16-2009, 10:25 PM
Vernon Forrest Vs. Marlon Thomas 1995 Bell Auditorium Augusta, GA. Good performance in the hometown.

blacklodge
10-16-2009, 10:49 PM
That really is a great fight. Harold Brazier was so underrated

I met him once, when my brother was interviewing him for our local newspaper. Along with Buster Drayton. About the nicest dudes you could ever meet.

Obama
10-16-2009, 11:07 PM
Collins vs Eubank I. Had Eubank winning by 1 point...

mickey malone
10-17-2009, 01:37 PM
Just watched Darroll Wilson KO4 Courage Tshabalala.. Good fight! Wilson down, but back off the canvas to do a number on him..

From an entertainment point of view, I liked Wilson he was a lunatic with a tough guy approach, no particular style and a KTFO or be KTFO attitude..

Last I heard, he'd got involved in a road rage incident, & beat the granny out of some cop.. This was inspite of already being shot in the guts!

Can anyone add to this?

xzworks
10-17-2009, 01:39 PM
rewatched Lewis - Klit...love the fight...but i love the interview more..lol...

masta
10-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Salvador Sanchez vs Wilfredo Gomez

Czarek
10-18-2009, 07:03 AM
the taylor abraham fight was great

oldgringo
10-18-2009, 12:44 PM
The last fight I watched in its entirety was Hearns/Roldan. A nice modern historic scrap. It almost inspired me to make a thread actually.

1SILVA
10-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Besides the 168 pound tourney, last night i watched Chavez 6 round kayo of Ruben castillo

MANGLER
10-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Aside from AA-Taylor, watched Forrest-SSM I.

Dynamite Kid
10-18-2009, 06:55 PM
Besides the 168 pound tourney, last night i watched Chavez 6 round kayo of Ruben castillo

Man Chavez was a terrier in that fight wasn't he, he never gave Castillo a min, he was just relentless!!

1SILVA
10-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Man Chavez was a terrier in that fight wasn't he, he never gave Castillo a min, he was just relentless!!

Yes sir, he gave Castillo a beating. that along with his first fight against Mayweather and his destruction of Rosario were his finest performances

Dynamite Kid
10-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Yes sir, he gave Castillo a beating. that along with his first fight against Mayweather and his destruction of Rosario were his finest performances

Yep, the truth!

How you gonna beat the SOB in that form ? I love Whitaker but he did not fight a Chavez who was in that kind of form.

1SILVA
10-18-2009, 10:15 PM
Yep, the truth!

How you gonna beat the SOB in that form ? I love Whitaker but he did not fight a Chavez who was in that kind of form.

It would have been so great to see these guys fight each other between 88-90

JAB5239
10-19-2009, 03:38 AM
Yep, the truth!

Chavez was a badass, no doubt about it. But I don't see any version of him beating Whitaker. Its just a bad style match up for him.

Dynamite Kid
10-19-2009, 08:08 PM
So i just scored the Whitaker vs Rivera fight and i thought Rivera won it 7-5.

Dynamite Kid
10-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Just watched the rematch Whitaker v Rivera and i thought Whitaker won this time, it was however a closer on my card that it was on HBO.

People say Whitaker cant punch but he put Rivera on his ass, he almost knocked Gary Jacobs out in the last round of there fight, he had Haugen on the floor to, he brutalized Hurtado, he has a bit more power than people give him credit for, not a big puncher by any means though.

1SILVA
10-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Just watched the rematch Whitaker v Rivera and i thought Whitaker won this time, it was however a closer on my card that it was on HBO.

People say Whitaker cant punch but he put Rivera on his ass, he almost knocked Gary Jacobs out in the last round of there fight, he had Haugen on the floor to, he brutalized Hurtado, he has a bit more power than people give him credit for, not a big puncher by any means though.

That fight against hurtado was one of the great come from behind kos of all time. Whitaker was way behind when he almost killed Hurtado in the 11th.

mhager91490
10-20-2009, 04:17 AM
Just re-watched Mtagwa-Villa, pure brutality displayed in that fight, the lack of skill just adds to it and the comeback was great. I haven't seen a fight from either of those guys that wasn't entertaining. Had they been names that a casual boxing fan recognized that would of been fight of the year, not the biggest display of skill but the most entertaining fight IMO of that year.

I am trying to track down a copy of Mtagwa's fight with Martin Honorio which from what I have heard is another barnburner.

Tomorrow night I am going to watch "The Bronx Bomber" Alex Ramos' fight with Curtis Parker which I was told was a great slugfest, I will post it on Youtube soon if it lives up to the hype.

MANGLER
10-20-2009, 04:32 AM
RJ-Hall the last fight I watched.

mickey malone
10-20-2009, 04:38 AM
Spinks Tangstad
Spinks Cooney

Good performances by Spinks.. Why did Cooney seem so disinterested.. He never once, used his right hand in that fight.. Amazing!

JAB5239
10-20-2009, 10:27 AM
RJ-Hall the last fight I watched.

I wonder if that was the only time BOTH fighters tested positive for steroids in the same fight?

Junito-Rulez
10-20-2009, 10:35 AM
taylor vs abraham

MANGLER
10-20-2009, 10:37 AM
I wonder if that was the only time BOTH fighters tested positive for steroids in the same fight?

lol ****ed up milestone.

Watched Tyson-Tillman a few minutes ago.

JAB5239
10-20-2009, 10:51 AM
lol ****ed up milestone.

Watched Tyson-Tillman a few minutes ago.

Lol, didn't take long, did it?:rofl:

Dynamite Kid
10-20-2009, 11:08 AM
[/B]

Lol, didn't take long, did it?:rofl:

:rofl:

Ring walk was probably longer.

TheGreatA
10-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Frank Bruno vs Bonecrusher Smith

Bruno seemed to be winning just about every round until being caught in the 10th and final round by some big punches. The loss seemed to do little to Bruno's confidence based on the post-fight interview. He admitted to using Smith as a bit of a sparring partner to go some rounds which back-fired badly when Smith decided to open up in the very last round.

Dynamite Kid
10-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Frank Bruno vs Bonecrusher Smith

Bruno seemed to be winning just about every round until being caught in the 10th and final round by some big punches. The loss seemed to do little to Bruno's confidence based on the post-fight interview. He admitted to using Smith as a bit of a sparring partner to go some rounds which back-fired badly when Smith decided to open up in the very last round.

Ive not seen this fight yet but it sounds like a replay of Tim Witherpoon fight from what ive heard about it. Im gonna keep my eye out for this.

TheGreatA
10-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Ive not seen this fight yet but it sounds like a replay of Tim Witherpoon fight from what ive heard about it. Im gonna keep my eye out for this.

I think it was more one-sided than the Witherspoon fight, in Bruno's favour. The TKO came out of nowhere really and it was quite brutal as well with Bruno eating punch after punch.

Bushidō
10-20-2009, 01:31 PM
Trinidad/Hopkins

Something about that fight was just amazing to me. I thought Trinidad would win but the way Hopkins picked him apart and then finished him off in the 12th was a masterpiece. Probably one of my favorite fights

masta
10-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Two first round knockout fights.

Lamon Brewster vs Andrew Golota and Gerry Cooney vs Ken Norton.

putaloco
10-20-2009, 04:19 PM
julio cesar chavez vs roger mayweather 2 yesterday. great fight.

Dynamite Kid
10-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Just watched Canizalez vs Seabrooks 1+2 and man! two fights grueling tough fights, particularly the first one.

Canizalez, excellent little fighter, good upperbody movement to slip punches, very fast on with his hand but particularly with his feet, excellent at stepping off the line and attacking your from angles, decent puncher.

I would of liked to see hm against Gomez even though Gomez fought at the higher weight, it still would of been a great fight.

Thread Stealer
10-24-2009, 08:43 PM
Andrew Lewis-James "nobody is P4P the best until they beat" Page (according to George Foreman).

Page really looked awful. Some guys can fight really well off a layoff. Quartey fought DLH after 16 months off, Leonard fighting Hagler after 3 years off, DLH against Vargas after 15 months off.

Page, however, looked like an old shot fighter.

Dynamite Kid
10-24-2009, 09:36 PM
Bones Adams vs Orlando Canizalez, it was a very close fight up until the stoppage, at first there was a lot of confusion about why the fight was stopped but it was discovered that Adams sustained a broken jaw. I had the fight dead even going into the 11 and i had Canizalez edging the 11

Adams fought really well considering he was only 18, he also fought Kelly later in his career and i thought he actually won that fight, although that like the Canizalez fight was extremely close.

Silencers
10-24-2009, 10:38 PM
Watched Henry 'the Hugger' Akinwande against Alexander Zolkin yesterday, Akinwande did surprisingly little hugging, good performance from him actually.

Then I watched the recent Mundine-Falliga fight and the Geale-Barbosa fight, dull fights both of them, especially the Mundine-Falliga fight. After the first 2 rounds Falliga just started retreating while throwing very little punches back and Mundine was looking way too hard for the knockout. Geale-Barbosa was better but still one sided, more like a sparring session than a real fight, fun last round though when they were both trying to out-macho each other.

Dynamite Kid
10-26-2009, 11:42 AM
Bruno vs Bugner, Tillis.

Bruno did a number on both of them, particularly Tillis whom it appeared he broke his nose.

Bugner fight not exactly the most exciting fight but good performance by Frank.

Underrated jab, Boxing skills by our Frank.

Dynamite Kid
10-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Bruno vs Bugner, Tillis.

Bruno did a number on both of them, particularly Tillis whom it appeared he broke his nose.

Bugner fight not exactly the most exciting fight but good performance by Frank.

Underrated jab, Boxing skills by our Frank.

Dynamite Kid
10-26-2009, 06:56 PM
Bruno vs Cummings.

Bruno shook to his boots in round 1 but showed lots of heart to regroup and take a control, pretty impressive actually, the way he was able to dig in and come back and knock Cummings down.

1SILVA
10-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Saw Bonecrusher Smith defeat David Bey in a 10 round fight from 1986 last night. Smith outworked and dropped Bey in the final round. This fight earned him a shot at Tim Witherspoon, who he demolished in one round

Dynamite Kid
10-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Saw Bonecrusher Smith defeat David Bey in a 10 round fight from 1986 last night. Smith outworked and dropped Bey in the final round. This fight earned him a shot at Tim Witherspoon, who he demolished in one round

Yeah that kinda pisses me off that he managed to do away with Witherspoon in 1. I dont think Witherspoon ever recovered form the very first punch he landed.

I heard someone say that they thought Smith had Foreman type punching power.

TheGreatA
10-26-2009, 07:31 PM
I listened to a recent interview with Tim Witherspoon where he said he pretty much threw the second Bonecrusher Smith fight.

Smith could punch though, whenever he wanted to. He stunned Tyson about the only time he decided to let his hands go.

http://i33.tinypic.com/mkbwpi.gif

Dynamite Kid
10-26-2009, 08:14 PM
I listened to a recent interview with Tim Witherspoon where he said he pretty much threw the second Bonecrusher Smith fight.

Smith could punch though, whenever he wanted to. He stunned Tyson about the only time he decided to let his hands go.

http://i33.tinypic.com/mkbwpi.gif

Yeah i heard that to on Westside Boxing.

Great sig that is, it just shows you the kind of power he possessed, that sig is going on my desktop, thanks TheGreatA.

Southpaw Stinger
10-26-2009, 08:18 PM
Dempsey-Willard about an hour ago.

Because I'm a sick bastard who likes watching big boys getting slapped about.

Dynamite Kid
10-26-2009, 09:22 PM
Brian Mitchell vs Tony Lopez, terrific!!! fight, if you have not seen this do yourself a favour and watch it.

I had it a draw but might have leaned towards Mitchell, it was so!! close, such a hard fight to score, not because there was not much thrown but because there was so much thrown.

Dynamite Kid
10-26-2009, 10:13 PM
Tony Lopez vs Brian Mitchell 2, not as good as the first but still a very watchable fight. Mitchell was clear winner this time, although he slacked off a little towards the end because he knew he had won and i gave last two rounds to Lopez.

7-5 Mitchell in the end, thats how i scored it anyhow.

MANGLER
10-26-2009, 10:15 PM
Pac vs Diaz

mhager91490
10-26-2009, 11:29 PM
Tony Lopez vs Brian Mitchell 2, not as good as the first but still a very watchable fight. Mitchell was clear winner this time, although he slacked off a little towards the end because he knew he had won and i gave last two rounds to Lopez.

7-5 Mitchell in the end, thats how i scored it anyhow.

Mitchell's right hand kept Lopez off of him all night, the energy in those two fights was the greatest part.

Dynamite Kid
10-26-2009, 11:40 PM
Mitchell's right hand kept Lopez off of him all night, the energy in those two fights was the greatest part.

Yeah that was key, also i think that Mitchell realized from the first fight that is was his fight when he pushed Lopez on the backfoot, he hardly took a backward step in the rematch.

Commentator was talking about weight being a factor to, i dont know how true that was though. Who did you have winning the first anyway?

mhager91490
10-27-2009, 12:31 AM
Yeah that was key, also i think that Mitchell realized from the first fight that is was his fight when he pushed Lopez on the backfoot, he hardly took a backward step in the rematch.

Commentator was talking about weight being a factor to, i dont know how true that was though. Who did you have winning the first anyway?

I didn't score it but I thought that Mitchell won, Lopez's aggression made him look good but the more effective work was being done by Mitchell. I have a DVD with the Japanese broadcast, is their one with the American broadcast?

MANGLER
10-27-2009, 12:36 AM
Watchin Bowe-Golota 2.

1SILVA
10-27-2009, 12:40 AM
Just watched Ali-Frazier III for the 100th time on ESPN Classic. The beating Joe took in rounds 13 and 14th was barbaric. What f@@@@@in heart!!!!! Kudo to Futch for stopping it. frazier could have died that night as he was all but blind.

oldgringo
10-27-2009, 12:58 AM
watched dokes/holyfield on classic awhile back. i consider dokes to be a massive waste of talent, much like ike ibeabuchi. i'm not one that thinks either guy would have been some great, long-reigning champ or anything, but both guys has very well rounded skill sets for large men. ike the headcase and dokes the cokehead. sad.

watched nelson/fenech II for the 100th time on youtube awhile back. zoom was spot on in that one....what a left hook he had! what a great little fighter. awesome boxing ability and thumping power that could leave any opponent crippled if they weren't careful. it's crazy that he was so thoroughly beaten by pernell whitaker even though he such an accomplished fighter himself.

Emon723
10-27-2009, 06:01 AM
Paul Williams-Winky Wright last night, oh my, Floyd Mayweather would never dared to get into the ring with the punisher.

Richie-G
10-27-2009, 06:19 AM
i watched pernell whitaker v freddie pendleton.

Dynamite Kid
10-27-2009, 07:28 AM
Just watched Ali-Frazier III for the 100th time on ESPN Classic. The beating Joe took in rounds 13 and 14th was barbaric. What f@@@@@in heart!!!!! Kudo to Futch for stopping it. frazier could have died that night as he was all but blind.

watched dokes/holyfield on classic awhile back. i consider dokes to be a massive waste of talent, much like ike ibeabuchi. i'm not one that thinks either guy would have been some great, long-reigning champ or anything, but both guys has very well rounded skill sets for large men. ike the headcase and dokes the cokehead. sad.

watched nelson/fenech II for the 100th time on youtube awhile back. zoom was spot on in that one....what a left hook he had! what a great little fighter. awesome boxing ability and thumping power that could leave any opponent crippled if they weren't careful. it's crazy that he was so thoroughly beaten by pernell whitaker even though he such an accomplished fighter himself.

i watched pernell whitaker v freddie pendleton.

frazier could have died that night as he was all but blind.

Yeah, the crazy thing is Joe had that much heart he was prepared to push himself that far wasn't he, tons of heart.

I also liked Dokes, he was a talented fighter with nice hand speed good defensive skill, great! fight with Holyfield, thats probably my fav Holyfield fight after Bowe 1.

Pendleton's right hand kept him in that fight imo, it was the only punch he was able to land, he kept catching Whitaker on the tail end of that right hand, good fight though that.

1SILVA
10-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Saw Michael Moorer vs Alex Stewart. Moorer was such an exciting fighter when trained by Steward. Stewart gave Moorer, Holyfiled and Foreman hell

Stoppage
10-28-2009, 01:27 PM
Mosley vs de la Hoya II.

beecherhq
10-28-2009, 03:29 PM
I haven't hardly been watching many old fights recently, which is **** but someone posted the Duran - Moore fight on NSB so decided to watch that fight yesterday and Duran - Benitez.

I found this old article about the Benitez fight what I found funny was them stating its a safe bet that duran will never be paid to box again.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1125209/index.htm

Jerub_Baal
10-28-2009, 03:34 PM
ali - foreman

Dynamite Kid
11-05-2009, 10:08 AM
De Marco vs Alfaro
Agbeko vs Perez, if you have not seen this fight watch is please!!

If you dont watch another fight this year, watch this fight.

1SILVA
11-05-2009, 11:09 AM
De Marco vs Alfaro
Agbeko vs Perez, if you have not seen this fight watch is please!!

If you dont watch another fight this year, watch this fight.

The Agbeko-Perez is in my top five fights of the year

mhager91490
11-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Jean Pascal-Adrian Diaconu: This was my favorite fight of the year so far, I like to watch both of these guys fight, Diaconu the come forward banger and Pascal the flashy guy who likes to mix it up. Pascal worked his right hand brilliantly in that fight, he would throw a cross, uppercut and hook with it all in a row. That was just a great fight, lots of intensity.

Carlos Monzon-Granien Tonna: Wasn't a great fight, Tonna was a real sloppy guy, real wide punches. The pattern of the fight would Monzon would fight in the middle jabbing Tonna, then Tonna would bull him into the ropes, Monzon would lean way back and block the punches with his arms and eventually tie him up. In the fifth round Monzon hurts Tonna with a bodyshot and as he turns away Monzon hits him behind the ear with a right but the ref counts him out anyway.

sensai
11-05-2009, 09:32 PM
Carlos Monzon vs Jose Napoles

DeepSleep
11-06-2009, 12:08 AM
Rewatched Dawson vs. Johnson tonight after I finished my work nothing calms the nerves like watching a southpaw go to work.

sensai
11-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Marvin Hagler vs Thomas Hearns.

1SILVA
11-10-2009, 11:15 AM

Just watched Eddie Mustafa Muhammad's 1982 destruction of Lotte Mwale. Easily his most devastating ko. He hit him in the fourth round with a combo that put Mwale to sleep. Other than his title win over Marvin Johnson, his most impressive fight of his career.

Junito-Rulez
11-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Haye VS Sasquatch and Tua VS Ruiz.

fadan80
11-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Barrera-Morales trilogy

1SILVA
11-13-2009, 10:30 AM

Watched 3 of Nino Larocca's fights from the early 80's. An entertaining fighter who was over huge in Italy. Was no match for the great Donald Curry

mhager91490
11-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Watched 3 of Nino Larocca's fights from the early 80's. An entertaining fighter who was over huge in Italy. Was no match for the great Donald Curry

I wonder why they were calling LaRocca a runner in the lead-up to that fight, from what I have seen of him and the only fights I have seen of his are his fight with Curry and Bobby Joe Young but he never struck me as a runner, just a good, fast boxer with a punch.

Also I just watched Roman Martinez-Daniel Jimenez, exciting fight with the fighters giving it there all in the last three rounds, Martinez threw punches non-stop.

I am currently watching Leonard Dorin-Paul Spadafora, I am at the fourth round and it has been a very good fight, lot of leather thrown and landed.

After this I am going to watch Caveman Lee-John Locicerco and am going to score Harada-Jofre I.

Silencers
11-14-2009, 10:11 AM
LaRocca was a basic fighter honestly, used his feet to move around, pretty good reflexes but his offense mainly consisted of 1-2s or 1-1-2s.

MANGLER
11-14-2009, 10:15 AM
Cotto-Clottey

1SILVA
11-15-2009, 10:34 PM
Besides the Pacman's annihilation of Cotto, I saw and early Michael Spinks fight and Bonecrusher's 1986 1st round ko of Mike Weaver

1SILVA
11-17-2009, 01:12 AM

Just watched two very entertaining fights. A 1975 fight between Eddie Gregory and Bennie Briscoe, as well as a 12 round fight from the mid 80's- Barry McGuigan vs Juan Laporte

MANGLER
11-17-2009, 01:17 AM
Pac-Cotto. I seen it mad times by now.

mayquiao
11-17-2009, 03:26 AM
Besides the Pacman's annihilation of Cotto, I saw and early Michael Spinks fight and Bonecrusher's 1986 1st round ko of Mike Weaver

I saw the replay too, in tv. it's all over the streets (pirated dvds)

beside from pac-coto i also watched the under cards.

Dynamite Kid
11-18-2009, 09:55 AM
Round 1 Leonard
Not much happened in this round but i gave it to Leonard on his
consistent jab that dictated the pace of the fight.

Round 2 Ecklund
Kind round for Ecklund, he did! dictate the pace.

Round 3 Leonard
He came alive in the last half minute and scored a clean left
hook

Round 4 Leonard
scored some effective counter punches in this round

Round 5 Leonard
Leonard on the jab

Round 6 Leonard 10/8
Ecklund stared well but Leonard took over and scored a KD

Round 7 Leonard
Arguably his best round

Round 8 Leonard

Round 9 Leonard
Has been starting to punish Ecklund for the last
few rounds

Round 10 Leonard
scored a KD

Ecklund's style seem to confuse Leonard for a while but one Leonard
got to grips with him he started to punish him. I was surprised to hear
that Ecklund had, had almost 200 amatuer fights so there is good pedigree
there.

Round 1 Leonard
Left hook right hands

Round 2
Leonard got more aggressive in this round

Round 3 Leonard closed the round

He got caught in this round a few times
but upped the pace at the end and took
the round

Round 4 leonard 10/8
Landed the jab consistently and then scored
a KD

Round 5 Viruet
Closer round, not much happened

Round 6 Leonard
Closer round where viruet dicated the pace
however Leonard scored well with counters inside

Round 7 Leonard
He scored hard! shots inside

Round 8 Leonard
Closer round, Leonard closed better though

Round 9 Viruet
Best round of the fight for Viruet

Round 10 Leonard
His best round of the fight he scored with many
clean hard shots

Like Ecklund, Viruet's akward style made Leonard look uncomfortable at times.

1SILVA
11-18-2009, 11:03 AM
Round 1 Leonard
Not much happened in this round but i gave it to Leonard on his
consistent jab that dictated the pace of the fight.

Round 2 Ecklund
Kind round for Ecklund, he did! dictate the pace.

Round 3 Leonard
He came alive in the last half minute and scored a clean left
hook

Round 4 Leonard
scored some effective counter punches in this round

Round 5 Leonard
Leonard on the jab

Round 6 Leonard 10/8
Ecklund stared well but Leonard took over and scored a KD

Round 7 Leonard
Arguably his best round

Round 8 Leonard

Round 9 Leonard
Has been starting to punish Ecklund for the last
few rounds

Round 10 Leonard
scored a KD

Ecklund's style seem to confuse Leonard for a while but one Leonard
got to grips with him he started to punish him. I was surprised to hear
that Ecklund had, had almost 200 amatuer fights so there is good pedigree
there.

Round 1 Leonard
Left hook right hands

Round 2
Leonard got more aggressive in this round

Round 3 Leonard closed the round

He got caught in this round a few times
but upped the pace at the end and took
the round

Round 4 leonard 10/8
Landed the jab consistently and then scored
a KD

Round 5 Viruet
Closer round, not much happened

Round 6 Leonard
Closer round where viruet dicated the pace
however Leonard scored well with counters inside

Round 7 Leonard
He scored hard! shots inside

Round 8 Leonard
Closer round, Leonard closed better though

Round 9 Viruet
Best round of the fight for Viruet

Round 10 Leonard
His best round of the fight he scored with many
clean hard shots

Like Ecklund, Viruet's akward style made Leonard look uncomfortable at times.

watched two of hagler's most brutal ko wins last night. His 1st round kos of both Caveman Lee and Sugar Ray seales was hagler at his most destructive best.

mhager91490
11-18-2009, 01:41 PM
Watched Bones Adams-Paulie Ayala 1 a little bit ago, Adams was controlling the pace of the fight and pushing forward until he got hit with big shots on the ropes in the third and Ayala took the play away from him a few rounds, eventually things levelled out until the decision. Really good fight, lots of ebbs and flows and good two way action.

Dynamite Kid
11-19-2009, 08:19 PM
Edwin Rosario vs Jose Luis Ramirez

Round 1 Rosario
Landed! more punches imo.

Round 2 Rosario
Ramirez was getting painted with 3 right hands mid round but
Ramirez came back and really hurt Rosario, although Rosario did not go
down and Ramirez did'nt really follow up either, its about one of the few
good shots JLR landed in the round.

Round 3 Rosario
He painted JLR with hard right hands in this round, although JLR
did start to score cleanly towards the end.

Round 4 Ramirez
Rosario landed the harder shots in this round but i thought
Ramirez took it on workrate and consistency througout the
round

Round 5 Rosario
Best round of the fight, and best round of the fight for Rosario, he
hammered JLR with hard! shots in this round

Round 6 Rosario
He did nothing for the first 1st minute and half, then he came
to life and started whacking JLR with hard shots to take the round
on my card, only reason i could not score it for JLR is because even
though he might have thrown more he was not landing with much.

Round 7 Ramirez
Best round of the fight for Ramirez, his most productive in being the
aggressor and actually landing!! he has been aggressive thoughout.

Round 8 Ramirez
Consistent with his attack throughout and landed short
jolting shots throughout.

Round 9 Ramirez
Same as the 8th really, consistent with his attack throughout, landed short
jolting shots throughout. Rosario has gone to sleep and took his foot
of the gas.

Round 10 Ramirez
He was all over!! Rosario in this round, loads of pressure and he
scored throughout

Round 11 Ramirez
pressure and consistency throughout

Round 12 Ramirez

clear round for Ramirez, consistent scoring throughout.

Rosario had this fight under control untill he stopped throwing in mid rounds, he clearly took
his foot of the gas, not doubt because of fatigue. Ramirez has been putting lots of pressure on
throughout but he was not landing his shots consistently for the first 5/6 rounds, however towards
the second half of the fight his accuracy seemed to improve, although you might say that was to do with
Rosario tiring. I thought Ramirez won it and on reflection i think he deserved to win it, he forced the fight
from start to finish and the rounds that Rosario won were rounds which he was probably the less active
fighter but he took some of those rounds on my card because despite being more inactive he was landing
and cleaner shots, that said i could easily see someone swaying to Ramirez in some
of those rounds. Ramirez dominated the late rounds he won with his consistency.

mayquiao
11-19-2009, 08:27 PM
I've been watchin in youtube, The Ultimate Pacquiao Highlights... damn he's fast since his early years. Roach is right
"He's a talented boxer before I met him" - roach

Dynamite Kid
11-20-2009, 03:23 PM
Rosario vs Howard Davis jr.

Round 1 Rosario
He was the only one landing punches in
the round

Round 2 Rosario 10/8
Quiet round for the first minute but Rosario hurt
Davis with a an overhand right, then he went on to score a knockdown
with a kind of half hook, half jab.

Round 3 Davis
Good round for Davis he nailed Rosario with the right hand
a few times and was busier than in previous rounds

Round 4 Rosario (close round)
Both had the moments in this round but just liked
Rosario's early pressure and hard punching

Round 5 Davis
again both had their moments but Davis landed the more eye catching
punches, particularly a nice counter uppercut, he was tattooing Rosario
near the ropes at one point, Rosario was too inactive in the round although
he did score also.

Round 6 Davis
Rosario inactive for almost the whole round

Round 7 Davis
Rosario inactive again! Davis scored the jab
early and nailed Chapo with a lovely counter right uppercut
left hook

Round 8 Davis
Few punches landed but Davis dictated the action again whilst
Rosario was inactive

Round 9 Rosario close
Best round for Rosario for some time, both landed in this round
but i thought Rosario closed a bit better

Round 10 Rosario
Good round for Rosario he landed some hard! shots in this round

Round 11 Davis
Davis outworked him imo, dictated the pace, scored the jab and double
counter hooks when he charged in

Round 12 Rosario 10/8
Davis was winning the round but got nailed so i had to score it 10/8, it was
to competitive for me not to award Rosario a 10/8 round, if it was all Davis i could of
gone an even round with the knockdown.

1SILVA
11-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Rosario vs Howard Davis jr.

Round 1 Rosario
He was the only one landing punches in
the round

Round 2 Rosario 10/8
Quiet round for the first minute but Rosario hurt
Davis with a an overhand right, then he went on to score a knockdown
with a kind of half hook, half jab.

Round 3 Davis
Good round for Davis he nailed Rosario with the right hand
a few times and was busier than in previous rounds

Round 4 Rosario (close round)
Both had the moments in this round but just liked
Rosario's early pressure and hard punching

Round 5 Davis
again both had their moments but Davis landed the more eye catching
punches, particularly a nice counter uppercut, he was tattooing Rosario
near the ropes at one point, Rosario was too inactive in the round although
he did score also.

Round 6 Davis
Rosario inactive for almost the whole round

Round 7 Davis
Rosario inactive again! Davis scored the jab
early and nailed Chapo with a lovely counter right uppercut
left hook

Round 8 Davis
Few punches landed but Davis dictated the action again whilst
Rosario was inactive

Round 9 Rosario close
Best round for Rosario for some time, both landed in this round
but i thought Rosario closed a bit better

Round 10 Rosario
Good round for Rosario he landed some hard! shots in this round

Round 11 Davis
Davis outworked him imo, dictated the pace, scored the jab and double
counter hooks when he charged in

Round 12 Rosario 10/8
Davis was winning the round but got nailed so i had to score it 10/8, it was
to competitive for me not to award Rosario a 10/8 round, if it was all Davis i could of
gone an even round with the knockdown.

I remember watching that fight when it took place. Had Davis not gone down, he would have won the title. That and the two ramirez fights made Rosario one of the most exciting fighters of his era. His fight with camacho was a classic as well.

Silencers
11-20-2009, 09:37 PM
I felt really sorry for Davis after watching that fight, he still is to me one of the most well skilled boxers never to win a world title. He would've done it too had he stayed up.

Dynamite Kid
11-20-2009, 09:46 PM
I remember watching that fight when it took place. Had Davis not gone down, he would have won the title. That and the two ramirez fights made Rosario one of the most exciting fighters of his era. His fight with camacho was a classic as well.

I felt really sorry for Davis after watching that fight, he still is to me one of the most well skilled boxers never to win a world title. He would've done it too had he stayed up.

Agree 1SILVA. He tried really hard to punctuate round 12 and ended up on the canvas

Hear ya Silencers, he had some sick skills.

BritishBoxing92
11-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Muhammad Ali Vs George Foreman then Joe Frazier Vs George Foreman II

dans
11-23-2009, 09:01 AM
I was watching Robinson-Lamatta, the final fight. Sugar Ray is incredible.

Ziggy Stardust
11-23-2009, 12:09 PM
I watched Pacquiao - Marquez II and De La Hoya - Vargas last night.

Poet

Dynamite Kid
11-23-2009, 08:43 PM
Round 1 Haugen
I like Haugen's bodywork in this round, Paul put on a spirited late
rally but still gave the round to Haugen as he was a bit more busy

Round 2 Paul
Paul more purposeful in this round, he scored two clean left hooks on
Haugen, Haugen was busy but not that effective

Round 3 Haugen
Haugen outworked him and went to the body the whole round, Paul
landed a nice right but not enough for me.

Round 4 Haugen
I like Haugen's counter punching here.

Round 5 Paul Sympathy(close)
Paul started well scoring two nice right hands but Haugen banded the
body throuhgout and scored well inside towards the end.

Round 6 Haugen
Good round for Haugen he scored an uppercut early and counter punched
effectivelly all the way through, he got the jab going at times

Round 7 Haugen
Haugen hurt Paul and started being more aggressive

Round 8 Haugen
Haugen started backing him up in 7/8, he landed some nice body
shots and started bringing his shots over the top.

Round 9 Haugen
Haugen busier, particularly to the body

Round 10 Haugen
Paul started well but faded, Haugen banded the body and was busier

Round 11 Paul sympathy
Paul woke up a bit towards the end. I was looking for a sympathy round
for Paul so i decided to give him this one.

Round 12 Paul
Paul more aggressive and more active in this round

Round 13 Paul
Paul has definetly started to woke up in the last few rounds, he was more
aggressive, more active

Round 14 Paul

I thought Paul landed well towards the end of the round, Haugen was
active but not excatly effective

Round 15 Paul
Aggressive, outhussled Haugen imo.

Haugen countered under that jab all night long, he hit the body all night
long, Paul was too ineffective landing the jab and he was too inactive
for the most part, although he woke up towards the end when his cornerman
lets him know i no uncertain temrs that he needs to dig down he gets aggressive
late and takes quite a few rounds of my card, Haugen is a clear winner
though for me.

mhager91490
11-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Just finished watching Carbajal-Gonzalez I, my Aunt was a big fan of Carbajal when he was champ, she lived in Pheonix and Carbajal was a big hero out there. When she talks boxing she always says how it is such a shame about him going to back to the gang life. I just found it odd how this fight reminded me of that.

About to watch Morales-Barrera III right now and am going to watch Chavez-Mayweather II and Eubank-Benn I later tonight.

1SILVA
11-29-2009, 07:26 PM
Round 1 Haugen
I like Haugen's bodywork in this round, Paul put on a spirited late
rally but still gave the round to Haugen as he was a bit more busy

Round 2 Paul
Paul more purposeful in this round, he scored two clean left hooks on
Haugen, Haugen was busy but not that effective

Round 3 Haugen
Haugen outworked him and went to the body the whole round, Paul
landed a nice right but not enough for me.

Round 4 Haugen
I like Haugen's counter punching here.

Round 5 Paul Sympathy(close)
Paul started well scoring two nice right hands but Haugen banded the
body throuhgout and scored well inside towards the end.

Round 6 Haugen
Good round for Haugen he scored an uppercut early and counter punched
effectivelly all the way through, he got the jab going at times

Round 7 Haugen
Haugen hurt Paul and started being more aggressive

Round 8 Haugen
Haugen started backing him up in 7/8, he landed some nice body
shots and started bringing his shots over the top.

Round 9 Haugen
Haugen busier, particularly to the body

Round 10 Haugen
Paul started well but faded, Haugen banded the body and was busier

Round 11 Paul sympathy
Paul woke up a bit towards the end. I was looking for a sympathy round
for Paul so i decided to give him this one.

Round 12 Paul
Paul more aggressive and more active in this round

Round 13 Paul
Paul has definetly started to woke up in the last few rounds, he was more
aggressive, more active

Round 14 Paul

I thought Paul landed well towards the end of the round, Haugen was
active but not excatly effective

Round 15 Paul
Aggressive, outhussled Haugen imo.

Haugen countered under that jab all night long, he hit the body all night
long, Paul was too ineffective landing the jab and he was too inactive
for the most part, although he woke up towards the end when his cornerman
lets him know i no uncertain temrs that he needs to dig down he gets aggressive
late and takes quite a few rounds of my card, Haugen is a clear winner
though for me.

Just finished watching Ali's 1972 15 round total domination of Mac Foster. Ali beat Foster up from beginning to end. The first five rounds saw Ali attack Foster, as Foster, this so-called ko artist, run from Ali. From rounds 6-10, Ali put on a dazzling boxing display. Ali won 13 of the rounds on my scorecard, and Foster's face was completely busted up at the end of the fight. One of Ali's finest performances after his exile, even though he weighed the highest up to that point in his career, 226 pounds. He made Foster look like an ordinary heavyweight

1SILVA
11-30-2009, 11:11 AM

Just watched Marvin Hagler's one punch ko of Fulgencio Obelmejias from 1982. A perfectly executed right hook. Obelmejias had no business receiving 2 shots at Hagler

Dynamite Kid
11-30-2009, 11:28 AM
Just watched Marvin Hagler's one punch ko of Fulgencio Obelmejias from 1982. A perfectly executed right hook. Obelmejias had no business receiving 2 shots at Hagler

Great finish. Is that the fight where he and Leonard discussed a possible meeting in the post fight?

Dynamite Kid
11-30-2009, 11:34 AM
Sonsona vs Alejandro Hernandez

Round 1 Sonsona

Sonsona showed his speed landed an earlier right hook straight left, then mid round
Sonsona landed a straight left hand and an uppercut toward the end.

Round 2 Sonsona
Sonsona landed two counter uppercut and a straight left toward the end

Round 3 Hernandez
Hernandez put the pressure on Sonsona this round, he managed to go to Sonsona's body
and pinned Sonsona on the ropes at one point.

Round 4 Sonsona

Hernandez started well by going to the body and bringing his shot back
up top but Sonsona started to take over mid round with his aggression and
straight left hand to the body and head, at one point Sonsona had Hernandez
pinned in the corner, Sonsona did get caught with a good right hook right at
the end where some people may have seen Hernandez pinching the round but
i still went for Sonsona, so to did Russ Anber

Round 5 Hernandez
Best round for Hernandez. Hernanandez pressured Sonsona throughout
went to the body and landed a number of clean punches on Sonsona when
he trapped him on the ropes

Round 6 Hernandez

Sonsona was having a decent round but he stepped off the gas toward the
end and let Hernandez back in to take the round. Sonsona the hunter in the early part of the round
became the hunted when he let Hernandez back him up, Hernandez rocked Sonsona mid round with a
right hook. Sonsona is best on the front foot pressuring Hernandez but he keeps letting Hernandez back him
up. To Sonsona's credit he did hurt Hernandez to the body
in this round

Round 7 Sonsona
sonsona landed a right hook early in the round that seemed to stun Hernandez and put him off
balance momentarily. I gave it to Sonsana on the power shots that he landed, he landed with the uppercut and dug
some hard shots to the body.

Round 8 Sonsona
Better round for Sonsona he pressured Hernandez and hit Hernandez hard to the body and pinned him on the
ropes for the most part, Henandez landed some good shots to but he was a little inactive

Round 9 Sonsona
Both scored punches in this round and the round was on the table up for grabs but Sonsona manged
to nail Hernandez with a hard combo that tipped the round his way imo. Russ Anber has also given
Sonsona the last 3 rounds.

Round 10 Hernandez

Good round for Hernandez, Sonsona was in control but Hernandez took over mid round and put
him on the backfoot, pressured him and landed some good shots. If Hernandez is losing this fight its because
of his lack of consistency, Sonsona has been more active in the mid to late rounds.

Round 11 Hernandez
Very good round for Hernandez, he nailed Sonsona a few times here. Sonsona looks like he is tiring and
making the weight could be taking its toll on him. Hernandez pressued him througout this round

Round 12 Hernandez
Another excellent round for Hernandez. Sonsona did not do much and Hernandez was all over him like a
rash pressuring him and going to the body thourghout. Sonsona was getting nailed clean at the end of the
fight.

Sonsona caught too many clean shots for my liking, but in the mid to late rounds 7 through 9 he showed his
heart by coming back whilst Hernandez took his foot off the gas, it might have cost him the fight to. Herandez
came back strong in the late rounds and Sonsona did looked tired (possibly making the weight starting
to effect his performance) but there was too many of those middle rounds between 7-9 where Hernandez
was not consistent enough with his attack. Who knows what would of happened if Hernandez had the right
footwear from round one, maybe he does not lose round 1 & 2 and wins the fight. Hernandez had the wrong
footwear on and had to change his shoes inbetween round because he was slipping on the canvas badly. q
When Hernandez changed his shoes he won the very next round.Henandez managed to rock Sonsona
in round 6 but Hernandez was rocked himself in round 7.

I noticed in the Lopez vs Sonsona fight how Sonsona had trouble when pressured and it was the same
story here. When Sonsona was the aggressor forcing Hernandez back he was effective, but when he was pressured
by Hernandez he got trapped on ropes and caught on tail end of too many shots.

--------------------------------------------------------

Molitor v Saez

Round 1 Molitor

Not much landed but Molitor did land two solid right hooks on
Paez

Round 2 Saez
Saez nailed Molitor early with the right hand and then went to the body
Molitor landed two punches but he was inactive for the most part

Round 3 Molitor
Not a lot of effective work from either guy, lots of missing but
Molitor still landed the cleaner work.

Round 4 Molitor
Molitor landed 3 clean left hands then pinned him on the ropes and
peppered him with straight lefts right hands

Round 5 Saez 10/8
Molitor was winning the round and landed a nice straight left that sent
Saez realing however he tried to apply the pressure and caught a left in
return and got dropped so Saez takes this round 10/8, not a heavy knockdown

Round 6 Molitor

Saez tried to ruff Molitor up but Molitor landed a 2/3 straight left hands

Round 7 Molitor
Scrappy round but Molitor just about landed the better shots. Saez landed
one good right hook but thats about it

Round 8 Molitor
Closish round to mid point of the round but Molitor esablished himself the winner of the
round by nailing Saez with some good clean straight lefts toward the end

Positives. Molitor's right hook worked very effective early on then he seemed to favour the straight
lefts which seemed to be the punch that was landing more as the fight wore on. Molitor did not get
caught all that much considering he was fighting such a wild unpredictable style like Saez's and he
did win the most of the rounds and won the fight.

Negatives. Ever since i started to watching Molitor the one thing that sticks out more than most is
that he always! backs up in straight lines, he is also reluctant to step inside and put the pressure on an
opponent, he prefers to keep things long and be cautious. Molitor did get dropped in the fight, albeit i dont
think significantly as his feet might have got caught underneath him.

----------------------------------------------------------------
I dont think i did as good a job of scoring this as i got interrupted but Kessler could of gotten round 5, most of press row gave him that round i think.

Kessler vs Ward

Round 1 Ward

Ward scored the jab to head and body, counter left hand. Kessler cant seem
to get off if you step off the line after throwing your shots, he needs a stationary
target to get off

Round 2 Ward
Not much seemed to land here but Ward may have closed it out a little
better and landed the few shots that landed.

Round 3 Ward
Clear round for Ward he landed the best punches of the fight many left
hook right hands. Kessler is not putting enough pressure on he is giving
Ward too much time and space to set up

Round 4 Ward
Ever better round for Ward, he landed the jab and left hooks early then
Kessler came back tio nail Ward with a left hook but it woke Ward up again
as he landed quite a few clean right hands one of them hurt Kessler.

Round 5 Ward
Scored the jab and hooks. Kessler threw a little more but missed a lot imo

Round 6 Ward
Ward landed a lovely right uppercut inside and he landed a couple up jabs,
Ward seems to be able not to miss Kessler even if he overhoots his punches
because Kessler goes straight back in a line and Ward just follow up what
he misses

Round 7 Ward
Ward is beating him to the punch again and outhussling him. Ward cant
miss Kessler with the upjab because Kessler fights with his head in air and
he goes back on the line

Round 8 Ward

Ward touching with the left and using his speed advantage to set up counter
right hands

Round 9 Ward
Kessler actually landed 3 good shots this round but still got outhussled.
Kessler landed two short right hands inside and he landed solid shot toward
the end of the round, however Ward still won the round on his activity and
working Kessler over inside

Round 10 Ward
Ward just cannot miss Kessler with the up jab after he throws the right, its
a technical flaw on Kessler's part, his is too upright and goes straight back
in a line meaing he cant avoid getting hit with shots if Ward follows him
and keeps the punches coming.

1SILVA
11-30-2009, 01:12 PM
Great finish. Is that the fight where he and Leonard discussed a possible meeting in the post fight?

Excellent memory, British Bulldog. Leonard and Hagler had a very entertaining post fight interview. Two weeks later, Sugar announced his retirement.

1SILVA
12-01-2009, 11:25 AM

Saw Lloyd Honeyghan's second fight with Jorge Vaca and also his fight with Breland. Both fights ended in the third round. Honeyghan went toe to toe with Vaca before knocking him out with a hellacious body shot. Breland almost killed Lloyd, as the ref waited too long to stop the fight

TheGreatA
12-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Ken Norton vs Ron Stander. Norton looked quite brilliant in dispatching a washed up, out of shape Stander.

If you ever want to look up a fighter with truly terrible defense, watch a Ron Stander fight. He is basically a human punching bag who makes Gatti and Chuvalo seem great defensively. All he does is stand still with his arms held high while taking a vicious beating.

Norton landed the most brutal combinations I've ever seen him throw, including a 10 punch combination.

Here's some footage of a "prime" Stander:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_I5yXD3W7KI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_I5yXD3W7KI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Joey Giardello
12-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Ken Norton vs Ron Stander. Norton looked quite brilliant in dispatching a washed up, out of shape Stander.

If you ever want to look up a fighter with truly terrible defense, watch a Ron Stander fight. He is basically a human punching bag who makes Gatti and Chuvalo seem great defensively. All he does is stand still with his arms held high while taking a vicious beating.

Norton landed the most brutal combinations I've ever seen him throw, including a 10 punch combination.

did u watch that on you tube or dvd?

TheGreatA
12-01-2009, 01:38 PM
did u watch that on you tube or dvd?

I have the fight on my computer.

rocky_balboa23
12-01-2009, 02:36 PM
i just watched hopkins-trinidad then hopkins-pavlik. two very similar fights with almost a similar ending if not for Pavlik hanging out tough in the last round..reminds me again of how great Hopkins is.

Joey Giardello
12-01-2009, 02:57 PM
I have the fight on my computer.

were did you download that fight from?

Dynamite Kid
12-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Excellent memory, British Bulldog. Leonard and Hagler had a very entertaining post fight interview. Two weeks later, Sugar announced his retirement.

Leonard was a smart guy wasn't he lol

My scorecard from the Bute vs Andrade 2 broadcast.

Funeka vs Guzman

Round 1 Guzman

Guzman went to the body throughouth and scored
a few right hand/hooks

Round 2 Guzman
Guzman went to the body throughout and scored left hooks
when he brought his attack up stairs. Funeka is missing a lot of
jabs because of Guzman's headmovement and blocking.

Round 3 Funeka
Guzman started well but Funeka got the jab to score this round
and it set up some nice right hands

Round 4 Funeka

Guzman started okay but by the mid/ late round Funeka was stuffing the
jab in his face and right at the end he nailed Guzman with a good
couple of shots.

Round 5 Funeka
Guzman was doing well countering early but he stepped of the gas
got hit with a good combo mid round and Funeka closed better whilst
Guzman became inactive.

Round 6 Funeka
Guzman started aggressively but again he stepped of the gas and let
Funeka score with the jab and dictate the pace and close the round out
better. Guzman is no where near consistent enough.

Round 7 Funeka (Close) Swing round (Lederman scored this for Guzman)
Funeka dictated the pace and stuffed Guzman with the jab and scored
a few nice right hands, Guzman had a better round upping his activity
and closing the range but Funeka still went tit for tat with him even
on the inside.

Round 8 Funeka
I was going to give Guzman this round even though Funeka was coming
on towards the end and landed punches inside, but Guzman got tagged and hurt, Funeka was trying to take him out by the end of the round

Round 9 Funeka
Funeka started well landing the jab putting Guzman on his heels, Guzman
looked discouraged in the round imo. Guzman did get inside mid round
but he did not get much done and by the end he was being back up again
and letting Funeka dictate with his jab

Round 10 Funeka
Huge round for Funeka. I can tell whether Guzman is discouraged or
still hurt from round 8, what ever the case maybe he was back to letting
Funeka back him and being inactive, Funeka dictated the to Guzman again
landing the cleaner shots

Round 11 Guzman (being kind)

I thought Guzman may have taken this on his hard shots, Guzman
showed his heart and he was a bit more active than in previous rounds.
Funeka was not that effective later in the round the way he was early
although he was still busy

Round 12 Funeka
Funeka landed the jab throughout and landed his short counters

Guzman started well going to the body and bringing his attack back up
stairs but Funeka seemed to find a home for his jab in the 3rd, it should
be no coincidence that Guzman's activity level dropped off after that. There
were a few round after that where Guzman was on his way to winning a
couple of the tight/close rounds but he let Funeka outwork him down
the stretch by not punching enough, as was the case in round 8. Guzman was
winning round 8 but got himself badly hurt at the end of the round to
swing it Funeka's way. Im not sure if Guzman was discouraged or hurt
but after that 8th round he let Funeka back him up and dictate to him. In the late
rouds Guzman would get pinned on the ropes and Funeka was started to punish him.
You dont let a 6ft fighter have the centre of the ring and back you up on the
ropes, not if you want a chance of winning anyway.

Guzman may have taken the 7th but i still gave it to Funeka, that said i gave Guzman the 11th which could of gone to Funeka so it evens itself out. Even if you want to give Guzman the benefit of the doubt in both those rounds thats still only 4 rounds he won at best!!! i dont think he won more than 3 rounds though.

---------------------------------------------

Andrade vs Bute

Round 1 Bute
Bute 3 straight lefts and a nice right hook, Not enough pressure from
Andrade particularly considering he is fighting a Southpaw.

Round 2 Andrade
Andrade managed to force Bute out of his comfort zone and landed
some short shots

Round 3 Bute
Terrific straight left landed by Bute, he also countered Andrade with
the right hook straight left combo

Round 4 Bute 10/7
Competitive round where both fighters scored but Andrade got
caught with a head shot that came from the blind side that dropped
him, he got up and not long after Bute knocked him out with a
body shot.

Bute wins in 4th round on a body shot.

Lord Finesse
12-01-2009, 04:04 PM
Mark "Too Sharp" Johnson Vs. Cecilio Espino

Lord Finesse
12-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Sugar Ray Leonard vs Roberto Duran II

Dynamite Kid
12-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Rico Ramos vs Alejandro Perez

Round 1 Perez
Perez landed the cleaner shots and took advantage of Ramos's defence
which seemed pretty open to me, particularly to the left hook. Ramos threw
a lot of flash punches.

Round 2 Ramos 10/8
Ramos was more active this round although still a very close round until
Ramos dropped Perez with a counter right at the end

Round 3 Ramos
Huge round for Ramos. I dont know how Perez stayed on his feet after
Ramos hammered him with huge! left hooks.

Round 4 Ramos
Terrific round, good fight. Both fighters had their success as they went
punch 4 punch but Ramos scored the harder, cleaner work

Round 5 Ramos
Perez pressured him in the corner early on but got hammered with a huge
right, later in the round Ramos landed some very hard left hooks to the body

Round 6 Ramos
Not much landed effectively here but Ramos landed some viscious hooks
to the body and dictated the pace. In round 5 Ramos got on his bike and used
the ring and Perez just cant cut the ring down to get off.

Round 7 Perez
What a chin on Perez, tough tough kid. Ramos hit him with some huge!! shots
and he took them all and still tried apply pressure

Round 8 Ramos

Perez pressured Ramos early but he caught some good uppercuts from
Ramos who punched off the ropes effectively, he also landed another
uppercut downstairs and by the end he was nailing Perez with a
good combo.

Ramos looked open when held hit feet in centre ring. Ramos seems to fight
with too wide a stance in order to grip the canvas with his feet
so he can generate maximum power, but that seems to leave him more open
to left hooks and looping rights. When Ramos used his legs and stayed away from
Perez he looked much more effective and Perez struggled to cut the ring down on
him, plus when Perez did corner him he was catching some big shots because
Ramos was countering well of the ropes with chopping right hands and
short uppercuts. Ramos has a viscous hook to the body and seems to have some pop.
I dont know how Perez did not take another visit to the canvas because he took some
huge! shots.

-----------------------------------------

Martin Honorio vs John Molina

Round 1 Honorio
Honori scored the jab the whole round and landed hook to the body and head and
scored a little right hand. Molina showed a terrible defence imo.

Round 2 Honorio
Honorio Boxing the ears off Molina. Molina has been hit with every punch in the
book and his defence is as bad as Andrade's lol

Round 3 Honorio
Same pattern as the last round really. Honorio dictating with his jab and combos
and landed cleanly. Molina's defence is awful.

Round 4 Honorio
Molina did a better this round by putting more pressure on and he landed some
hard shots but he still got outworked caught more punches and his defence meant
he lost the round. Honorio held his feet more in this round and began to bang it out

Round 5 Honorio

Apart from getting nailed with a huge shot at the end Honorio got back to his Boxing
and controlled the round by getting off first throughout.

Round 6 Honorio
Molina just cant get off at all when Honorio uses his movement and his jab.

Round 7 Honorio
Honorio driving Molina back and outpunching him, although he might
be starting to tire and he showed less movement. Honorio has pushed Molina
back sporadically in each of the last 3 rounds

Round 8 Honorio

Honorio just kicking Molina's ass in this round. Getting of first and ouotpunching
Molina, Molina did nothing.

Round 9 Honorio
Honorio back to using lots of movement but he still landed the better shots and
actually hurt Molina to the body late in the round

Round 10 Molina
Gonna be kind and give Molina this round on the bigger shots he landed. Honorio
walked into some pretty good punches in this round and was leaning on Molina a
lot.

Honorio has beaten Luevano & Rogers Mtagwa

4 & 5 are the only other rounds Molina could of possible won imo. I
still thought Molina got outpunched in those rounds.

Honorio reminds me of a poor mans Rafael Marquez with the way
he holds his gloves up and throws his jab and left hook to the body.

Molina has a terrible defence. I already knew this but damn! was that
point more evident in this fight. Honorio got off first all night, outpunched
him, threw more and just made Molina look what he is..........a limited
fighter who can bang but has no defence and no counter punching skill
what so ever. Honorio had his way with Molina and even held his feet
in some rounds and banged with Molina and he still landed the better
shots and outpunched him.

Molina had not answer for the jab or the movement.

1SILVA
12-01-2009, 07:22 PM
Rico Ramos vs Alejandro Perez

Round 1 Perez
Perez landed the cleaner shots and took advantage of Ramos's defence
which seemed pretty open to me, particularly to the left hook. Ramos threw
a lot of flash punches.

Round 2 Ramos 10/8
Ramos was more active this round although still a very close round until
Ramos dropped Perez with a counter right at the end

Round 3 Ramos
Huge round for Ramos. I dont know how Perez stayed on his feet after
Ramos hammered him with huge! left hooks.

Round 4 Ramos
Terrific round, good fight. Both fighters had their success as they went
punch 4 punch but Ramos scored the harder, cleaner work

Round 5 Ramos
Perez pressured him in the corner early on but got hammered with a huge
right, later in the round Ramos landed some very hard left hooks to the body

Round 6 Ramos
Not much landed effectively here but Ramos landed some viscious hooks
to the body and dictated the pace. In round 5 Ramos got on his bike and used
the ring and Perez just cant cut the ring down to get off.

Round 7 Perez
What a chin on Perez, tough tough kid. Ramos hit him with some huge!! shots
and he took them all and still tried apply pressure

Round 8 Ramos

Perez pressured Ramos early but he caught some good uppercuts from
Ramos who punched off the ropes effectively, he also landed another
uppercut downstairs and by the end he was nailing Perez with a
good combo.

Ramos looked open when held hit feet in centre ring. Ramos seems to fight
with too wide a stance in order to grip the canvas with his feet
so he can generate maximum power, but that seems to leave him more open
to left hooks and looping rights. When Ramos used his legs and stayed away from
Perez he looked much more effective and Perez struggled to cut the ring down on
him, plus when Perez did corner him he was catching some big shots because
Ramos was countering well of the ropes with chopping right hands and
short uppercuts. Ramos has a viscous hook to the body and seems to have some pop.
I dont know how Perez did not take another visit to the canvas because he took some
huge! shots.

-----------------------------------------

Martin Honorio vs John Molina

Round 1 Honorio
Honori scored the jab the whole round and landed hook to the body and head and
scored a little right hand. Molina showed a terrible defence imo.

Round 2 Honorio
Honorio Boxing the ears off Molina. Molina has been hit with every punch in the
book and his defence is as bad as Andrade's lol

Round 3 Honorio
Same pattern as the last round really. Honorio dictating with his jab and combos
and landed cleanly. Molina's defence is awful.

Round 4 Honorio
Molina did a better this round by putting more pressure on and he landed some
hard shots but he still got outworked caught more punches and his defence meant
he lost the round. Honorio held his feet more in this round and began to bang it out

Round 5 Honorio

Apart from getting nailed with a huge shot at the end Honorio got back to his Boxing
and controlled the round by getting off first throughout.

Round 6 Honorio
Molina just cant get off at all when Honorio uses his movement and his jab.

Round 7 Honorio
Honorio driving Molina back and outpunching him, although he might
be starting to tire and he showed less movement. Honorio has pushed Molina
back sporadically in each of the last 3 rounds

Round 8 Honorio

Honorio just kicking Molina's ass in this round. Getting of first and ouotpunching
Molina, Molina did nothing.

Round 9 Honorio
Honorio back to using lots of movement but he still landed the better shots and
actually hurt Molina to the body late in the round

Round 10 Molina
Gonna be kind and give Molina this round on the bigger shots he landed. Honorio
walked into some pretty good punches in this round and was leaning on Molina a
lot.

Honorio has beaten Luevano & Rogers Mtagwa

4 & 5 are the only other rounds Molina could of possible won imo. I
still thought Molina got outpunched in those rounds.

Honorio reminds me of a poor mans Rafael Marquez with the way
he holds his gloves up and throws his jab and left hook to the body.

Molina has a terrible defence. I already knew this but damn! was that
point more evident in this fight. Honorio got off first all night, outpunched
him, threw more and just made Molina look what he is..........a limited
fighter who can bang but has no defence and no counter punching skill
what so ever. Honorio had his way with Molina and even held his feet
in some rounds and banged with Molina and he still landed the better
shots and outpunched him.

Molina had not answer for the jab or the movement.

I had both fights scored the same way

Dynamite Kid
12-01-2009, 08:00 PM
I had both fights scored the same way

:lol1: right on brother.

Really good fights weren't they?

1SILVA
12-02-2009, 05:15 PM
:lol1: right on brother.

Really good fights weren't they?

Honorio really proved how green Molina is. Molina will never be a world class fighter.

Lord Finesse
12-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Earnie Shavers vs Ken Norton

1SILVA
12-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Earnie Shavers vs Ken Norton

The greatest fight of Shavers career. he totally annihilated Norton

Lord Finesse
12-02-2009, 06:08 PM
The greatest fight of Shavers career. he totally annihilated Norton

Yeah. One of the hardest punchers in heavyweight history, only behind Foreman and maybe Tyson.

Dynamite Kid
12-02-2009, 06:20 PM
Honorio really proved how green Molina is. Molina will never be a world class fighter.

Agree.

Talk about one dimmensional eh? You know when people used to say " i dont think Gatti even attempts to block/ slip some shots" well that is Molina imo.

Dude was literally walking into jabs :lol1:

1SILVA
12-02-2009, 06:20 PM
Yeah. One of the hardest punchers in heavyweight history, only behind Foreman and maybe Tyson.

Yes, definitely top 5 in terms of pure power

P.WILL
12-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Hopkins-Ornelas yesterday

1SILVA
12-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Hopkins-Ornelas yesterday

Saw RJJ get put to sllep by Danny green

Marcov
12-04-2009, 01:17 AM
I watched Eric Harding-Montell Griffith and Ricardo Lopez-Rosendo Alvarez today. Finito was great even later in his career and Griffith got robbed.

1SILVA
12-06-2009, 06:08 PM
I watched Eric Harding-Montell Griffith and Ricardo Lopez-Rosendo Alvarez today. Finito was great even later in his career and Griffith got robbed.

Watched the two Dick Tiger-Jose Torres fights. Tiger fought the fight of his life to win the decision in the first fight. I thought dominated the rematch, but the judges favored Tiger. A riot broke out in MSG after the decision was read.

zoneman99
12-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Ali vs Frazier I. Is and always will be a great fight.

cooper5
12-07-2009, 02:15 AM
Junior Jones vs. Marco Antonio Barrera I, it was a suprise then and looking back it is still suprising

Toe Injury
12-09-2009, 04:47 AM
The last boxing matches I watched were Baldomir-Judah, Quintana-Williams 1, Pavlik-Miranda

I re-watched the K-1 2009 final (kickboxing) a little while ago which was the best 1-night card I can remember in a long time

incredibleman
12-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Aaron Pryor vs Akio Kameda. A good brawl.

prinzmanspoper
12-10-2009, 03:12 AM
Junior Jones vs. Marco Antonio Barrera I, it was a suprise then and looking back it is still suprising

Not to mention hilarious.Watching him quit against Amir Khan is always a joy to watch too.

Dynamite Kid
12-10-2009, 03:19 AM
Not to mention hilarious.Watching him quit against Amir Khan is always a joy to watch too.

You dont even watch Boxing. You just watch one/two fights of a particular fighter then come on here with your assumptions and act like you know the fighter because you have watched him 2/3 times LOL

Dynamite Kid
12-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Paul Williams vs Sergio Martinez

BTW i watched the fight in Russian, so im not inclined to be swayed by HBO's interpretation. This is also the first time ive seen it because ive been too busy to get around to watching it.

Round 1 Even
I felt Williams was winning the round and he also knocked Martinez down,
however Martinez flawed Williams at the end so i gave it as an even round

Round 2 Martinez
Martinez landed the clean effective punches in this round

Round 3 Martinez
Competitive round but Martinez nailed Williams with the clean shots
Martinez is also starting to land that jab in this round.

Round 4 Williams
I thought Williams was just being edged out in this round, he was putting
on lots of pressure but he forgetting about his defence and getting countered with
clean shots, however Williams came on strong at the end and closed the round
out well nailing Martinez

Round 5 Williams
Willians was more consistent and Martinez was largely inactive, he did land a few clean
shots on Williams but Williams answered those attacks and landed some clean shots of
his own

Round 6 Williams
Williams more active/consistent and scored with the cleaner shots

Round 7 Williams
Williams more consistent, has countered Martinez more effectively in the last two rounds

Round 8 Martinez (very close though)
I felt Williams was winning it even though there was not much in it, however i think he lost
the round down the stretch as Martinez closed it out and was nailing him toward the end. Martinez
was more aggressive in this round.

Round 9 Williams(very close)

Toughest round of the fight to score. Martinez dictated the pace and because he had Williams fighting his
fight and was dictating the pace he looked!! as though he was doing better than he actually was but he was
not really landing much effective, Williams was consistent as usual and landed a lot of short shots but he
kept his hands moving and scored a bit more imo, he closed the round a little better to imo,

Round 10 Martinez
Martinez landed clean hard shots on Williams early in the round and had Williams fighting his
fight as he continued to dictate the action. Williams is allowing Martinez to dictate the action because the
pace has slowed down, its Williams fight when he is more active applying the pressure but its Martinez
in a Boxing match where he can get time and space to think about what to throw

Round 11 Martinez
He landed some good shots in this round and dictated the pace again, Williams has shown tiredness since
the 8th round on

Round 12 Williams
I felt Williams just! pulled out the last round. I liked his consistency.

Close fight but i felt Williams won. I thought Williams won round one but because he got dropped aswell i
gave it a draw, that said if you are going to lean toward anyone in that round i would say Williams.

Rounds 2&3 Williams defence let him down as he was hit with the cleaner harder shots.

I think Williams realized after round 2 & 3 that he could not let Martinez dictate the pace because he would
lose rounds and get outboxed, as he did in rounds 2 &3, its no coincidence to me that he put lots of pressure
on in the next round and won it, he was effective from that round on right through to round 8, however he
paid the price for setting such a high tempo because he started to get tired, the pace dropped to where Martinez
could dictate again and surprise surprise he started winning rounds again. Williams essentially won this with
his workrate and consistency, however he was hit waay to cleanly at times, it showed that his defence has
not improved all that much since the Margarito, Phillips, Quintana fights.

Martinez could of won this fight but he could not match Williams for consistency and workrate. When the
pace dropped he dictated the pace of the fight, he had Williams fighting his fight and hit with the cleaner harder
shots, however like i said, when Williams turned it up he was too inactive and not as effective without time
and space to set up his attacks.

------------------------------------------------

Hopkins vs Ornelas

Round 1 Ornelas (very close)

Ornelas was more active but this round was very close because
even though Hopkins was less active he probably landed the 3
best shots of the round.

Round 2 Ornelas
Commentators said Hopkins landed the best punch of the fight, it did not
even land, apart from that Hopkins landed 1 clean left hook and did very
little. Ornelas outworked him imo and hit him in the clinches with some
short punches and caught him right at the end of the round

Round 3 Ornelas
I thought Ornelas landed better on the inside.

Round 4 Ornelas
] just feel he is more active and landing the odd short chopping punches
on the inside.

Round 5 Hopkins

Hopkins best round since the 1st at landing clean effective punches

Round 6 Hopkins
Even better round for Hopkins he landed hard clean shots on Ornelas

Round 7 Hopkins
Hopkins really starting to zero in with his right hand and left hooks in
the last few rounds.

Round 8 Hopkins
Hopkins closed the round out by nailing Ornelas, he dictated the pace
of this round but needed to close it out which he did

Round 9 Hopkins
Hopkins took this round with his counter, particularly his counter
uppercut

Round 10 Hopkins closer
Hopkins is commanding centre ring and dicating the pace and forcing
Ornelas on the backfoot and landing with counters

Round 11 Hopkins
scoring with a few right hands

Round 12 Hopkins
Hopkins landing some really hard shots on Ornelas this round

Ornelas started well but Hopkins seemed to do what he always does
, which is take his time and slowly work his way into the fight to take
control. Hopkins controlled the fight after round 4, Round 1 was close
and could of gone to B Hop because even though he was largely inactive
he landed the 3 best punches of the round. Round 10 could of gone to
Ornelas if you want to be kind to him but i still scored it for Hopkins.

-------------------------------------------------------

Shaun George vs Chris Henry

Round 1 George
Huge round for George, he hit Henry with many power shots, lots
of right hands.

Round 2 George
George landing the best punches of round, clean hard right hands

Round 3 Henry

Clear round for Henry where he was more consistent and hurt George
right at the end with a right hand

Round 4 Henry
George is way to inconsistent with his attack to win rounds

Round 5 Henry
clear round for Henry where he landed many right hands and
hurt George again

Henry wins by KO. George walked into a huge right hand he went
down got up and was badly hurt Henry went back in and put George
down again ref waves the fight off.

George looked like he was gonna score a 1 round KO but after that he went
into a shell and stopped punching, he got wobbled in round 3 and again in
round 5. George stopped punching for no reason.

Dynamite Kid
12-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Derrik Enis vs John Mackey

Round 1 Ennis
Ennis more accurate landed rights to the head and body

Round 2 Ennis 10/8

very nice counter right hand by Ennis, he has a speed advatnage

Round 3 Ennis
potshotted Mackey

Round 4 Ennis
Mackey is more consistent but he is getting countered with the
cleaner shots, potshotted

Round 5 Ennis

Not much happened but Ennis closed better

Round 6 Ennis 10/8
Mackey was winning the round on his consistency imo but he got dropped
to make it 10/8

Mackey was more active but too incurate with his shots thats why the less
active Ennis won the fight, his punches were landing clean and he got
credit for that despite his inactivity. Ennis used his considerable speed
advnatage and worked his offence of his defence, Mackey's offence. counterd
with many right hands

----------------------------------------

Godfrey vs Hawk

Round 1 Godrey

Not much landed by Godfredy landed a couple of straight lefts

Round 2 Godfrey
Not much landed at all Godfrey closed a bit better

Round 3 Godredy
Neither guys are landing much at all!!

Round 4 Godfrey
Godfrey landed a few straight lefts here because he threw more in
combo

Round 5 Godfrey
landed right hook and straight left

Round 6 Godfrey

Round 7 Godfrey
Godfrey landing the odd counter here and there but not a great fight
or a great performance imo, pretty falt

Round 8 Godfrey

Round 9 Godfrey

Round 10 Hawk

Went for it more last round and landed tw hook/up jabs, he knocked Godfrey down but was ruled a slip

Hawk was landing the jab/hook on Godfrey and that seemed to be the only punch that was landing
for Hawk, well its the only punch that seemed to land for Hawk. Godfrey does not look like a natural
left hander and you can see that by how square he is and how he gets hit so easily with jabs and hooks over
the shoulder.

----------------------------------------------

Derrick Rossy vs Carl Drumond

Round 1 Rossi

bit more active

Round 2 Rossi

bit more active

Round 3Rossi

bit more active

Round 4 Rossi

bit more active

Round 5Rossi

bit more active

Round 6Rossi

bit more active

Round 7 Rossi
bit more active

Round 8 Drumond

Round 9 Rossi

Round 10Rossi

Drumond did nothing,slow foortwork inactive

------------------------------------------------

Chazz Witherspoon vs Tony Thompson

Round 1 Thompson
Witherpoon controlled the pace but was not that effecitve landing
Thomspon scored with the right hook and landed straight lefts.

Round 2 Thompson
Witherspoon was controlling the pace against and getting off first but
as was the case in round 1 he was not that effecitve landing, Thompson
took it on the straight lefts hand closed the round out

Round 3 Thompson
Thompson's best round landing clean punches and he was more active
this round, Witherspoon had a better round landing but Thompson took
over the round

Round 4 Thompson
Thompson waiting on Spoon and then nailing him hard,clean with right
hook, straight left hand counters.

Round 5 Thompson

Spoon has been putting more pressure on in the last two rounds but
he is still taking too many clean hard counter shots.

Round 6 Witherspoon (Sympathy)
Gave this too Spoon because of his consistency and pressure even though
he still got hit with clean shots and the round possibly could of been
Thompson's

Round 7 Thompson
Thompson landed some hard clean counter in this round, Spoon's defence
is letting him down and has prolly lost him some rounds that were tight

Rouns 8 Thompson
Tony landing the clean effective counter, particularly the straight left

Thompson lands the effective shots and then lands a couple of straight lefts
that badly buckle Spoon's legs, ref gives the 8 count and Tony comes
back in starts nailing him and the ref stops the fight and the corner is ready
to stop it anyway

Early on Spoon tried to Box his way in against Thompson and it was not
working, Spoon dictated the pace of the fight for spells, particularly early, but he was not really landing very
effecitvely in a lot of those rounds, early on Spoon was trying to go to the body first, most probably
because of the disparity in height/reach between them, but it did not really set much up for him(Spoon)
upstairs, he was also catching the cleaner shots for Thompson who was effective with the straight left and right hook
over the shoulder. As the rounds wore on Spoon did what he should of been doing from round 1 imo, apply
the nessary pressure that is vital against a left hander, he was more effective doing this but he was still losing
rounds because Thompson was countering effectively with hard clean shots. Spoon's leaky defence probably
lost him some of the closer rounds. In the end he took more liberties because he was behind and paid the
price

Dynamite Kid
12-10-2009, 08:57 PM
Povetkin vs Nolan

Round 1 Povetkin
Povetkin scored on the inside with a combo, he showed some nice speed

Round 2 Povetkin
Povetkin waiting patiently thinking of defence and countering
in spurts with right hands

3rd round, Povetkin started to let the combos fly in this round but he still steadily
worked his way in and eventually stopped Nolan, nice short uppercut that ended
it. Looks to me like Atlas has got him fighting more patiently and thinking
of his defence, he seemed to fight shorter and he was looking to step off
the line when attacking, he also showed nice hand speed

----------------------------------

Prescott vs Mitchell

Round 1 Prescott (very close)
landed nice clean jab, and a looping right hand

Round 2 Mitchell (close)

Round 3 Mitchell
Mitchell just about took the round imo, he landed some clean nice left hooks

Round 4 Mitchell
Mitchell bests rounds, left hooks to the body, left hooks up stairs landed

Round 5 Prescott
Mitchell was winning it but Prescott took the round late by closing better
as Mitchell got over confident

Round 6 Mitchell
Mitchell landed well with the jab this round, landed a viscous hook
to the body and dicctated the round ans has Prescott frustrated

Round 7 Mitchell
Mitchell dicated the actions and landed the best punch of the fight a solid left hook

Round 8 Prescott
I liked his consisteny here, he also landed some cuffin right hands, Mitchell
was not very active but came alive at the end and could of took the round
also

Round 9 Mitchell
Not much landed here i felt Mitchell just about edged it

Round 10 Prescott
Prescott's best round at landing clean effective punches. It seemed
that he has stopped trying to sell out with every shot and is looking
to box with Mitchell more, that seems to have relaxed his shoulders
and allowed him to counter Mitchell a bit better, mitchell caught a big
leeft hook

Round 11 Mitchell (close)
I had Prescott taking it but Mitchell stole it at the end imo

Round 12 Prescott
Prescott was more active and landed some hard shots early and nailed
Mitchell toward the end

Prescott was loading up from round 1 and he payed the price for it because he could not get
off whilst he was looking for the one shot, Mitchell just kept ressetting him with lateral movement and
he stepped inside and landed clean left hooks to the body and some viscous hooks to the body at times.
Prescott actually did better when he stopped looking for the one shot and tried to Box Mitchell instead
of trying to take his head off with every swing, and he literally was swinging at times.

Some of the rounds were very tight, Mitchell performed well but he could of done a lot
more to establish domination in some of the rounds imo, however Prescott was missing so wildly at times
that you tended to favour Mitchell on the fact he had Prescott fighting his fight, he was landing the clean
shots and frustrating Prescott.

-------------------------------------------

Stevie Bell vs John Simpson

Round 1 Simpson (close)
Simpson a bit more consistent, landed a left hook to the body and head
at the end

Round 2 Simpson
Simpson landed some solid shots and seemed
to hurt Bell a little imo

Round 3 Simpson
Simpson landed more solid shots and was he seemed
to dip the legs of Bell again imo

Round 4 Simpson
Simpson went to the body well and is landing the clean, hard shots

Round 5 Simpson
All over Bell hitting him with ease.

Round 6 Simpson
Hammring Bell mercifully

stopped on a cut

--------------------------------

Arnaoutis vs Coleman

Round 1 Arnaoutis (extremely close)
Just felt he edged it with a few shots he scored earlier in the round

Round 2 Coleman
Arnaoutis not letting his hands go

Round 3 Arnaoutis
he edged it two clean shots he landed early and he controlled the pace
of the fight, Coleman did even less than Arnaoutis

Round 4 Coleman

Round 5 Coleman

Round 6 Arnaoutis
Arnaoutis best round, he landed clean shots and let his hands go for
once

Round 7 Arnaoutis
close round but Arnaoutis closed it out

Round 8 Arnaoutis

Round 9 Arnaoutis
Arnaoutis more active

Round 10 Coleman
Coleman landed a few straight lefts

Round 11 Arnaoutis

Round 12 Arnaoutis

Terrible fight, Arnaoutis looked like he was going to revert back to what he had done in the past, not
letting his hands go. Coleman was looking for the the right hand the entire night and he was effective with
it early, however Arnaoutis took it away from him by getting the jab going and letting his hands go a bit
more.

---------------------------------------

Round 6 Robinson(kind)
He was consistent throughout although you could also argue that Solimon
took it because he was landing clean shots

Round 7 Solimon
Robinson forced the pace but got hit with clean counters by Solimon
who is tired.

Round 8 Solimon
Again Robinson forced the pace but got hit with clean counters by Solimon

Solimon used his superior foot and hand speed to get in and out and land counter right hooks/right hands, he
got tired toward the end had to fiddle his way through. Robinson shooting his punches from too far away
and leaving himself open to those counter rights, he took some big shots of Solimon at times.

MANGLER
12-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Pwill-Sergio

1SILVA
12-13-2009, 01:47 AM
Jean Pascal-Adrian Diaconu: This was my favorite fight of the year so far, I like to watch both of these guys fight, Diaconu the come forward banger and Pascal the flashy guy who likes to mix it up. Pascal worked his right hand brilliantly in that fight, he would throw a cross, uppercut and hook with it all in a row. That was just a great fight, lots of intensity.

Carlos Monzon-Granien Tonna: Wasn't a great fight, Tonna was a real sloppy guy, real wide punches. The pattern of the fight would Monzon would fight in the middle jabbing Tonna, then Tonna would bull him into the ropes, Monzon would lean way back and block the punches with his arms and eventually tie him up. In the fifth round Monzon hurts Tonna with a bodyshot and as he turns away Monzon hits him behind the ear with a right but the ref counts him out anyway.

Watched the 2nd pascal-Diaconou fight. Pascal has become one of my favorite current fighters to watch. he fought brilliantly, better than the first fight, and showed tremendous heart when he looked like he dislocated his shoulder towards the end of the 10th round. Would love to see him fight Dawson

1SILVA
12-13-2009, 01:53 AM
Edwin Rosario vs Jose Luis Ramirez

Round 1 Rosario
Landed! more punches imo.

Round 2 Rosario
Ramirez was getting painted with 3 right hands mid round but
Ramirez came back and really hurt Rosario, although Rosario did not go
down and Ramirez did'nt really follow up either, its about one of the few
good shots JLR landed in the round.

Round 3 Rosario
He painted JLR with hard right hands in this round, although JLR
did start to score cleanly towards the end.

Round 4 Ramirez
Rosario landed the harder shots in this round but i thought
Ramirez took it on workrate and consistency througout the
round

Round 5 Rosario
Best round of the fight, and best round of the fight for Rosario, he
hammered JLR with hard! shots in this round

Round 6 Rosario
He did nothing for the first 1st minute and half, then he came
to life and started whacking JLR with hard shots to take the round
on my card, only reason i could not score it for JLR is because even
though he might have thrown more he was not landing with much.

Round 7 Ramirez
Best round of the fight for Ramirez, his most productive in being the
aggressor and actually landing!! he has been aggressive thoughout.

Round 8 Ramirez
Consistent with his attack throughout and landed short
jolting shots throughout.

Round 9 Ramirez
Same as the 8th really, consistent with his attack throughout, landed short
jolting shots throughout. Rosario has gone to sleep and took his foot
of the gas.

Round 10 Ramirez
He was all over!! Rosario in this round, loads of pressure and he
scored throughout

Round 11 Ramirez
pressure and consistency throughout

Round 12 Ramirez

clear round for Ramirez, consistent scoring throughout.

Rosario had this fight under control untill he stopped throwing in mid rounds, he clearly took
his foot of the gas, not doubt because of fatigue. Ramirez has been putting lots of pressure on
throughout but he was not landing his shots consistently for the first 5/6 rounds, however towards
the second half of the fight his accuracy seemed to improve, although you might say that was to do with
Rosario tiring. I thought Ramirez won it and on reflection i think he deserved to win it, he forced the fight
from start to finish and the rounds that Rosario won were rounds which he was probably the less active
fighter but he took some of those rounds on my card because despite being more inactive he was landing
and cleaner shots, that said i could easily see someone swaying to Ramirez in some
of those rounds. Ramirez dominated the late rounds he won with his consistency.

Saw this fight last night. the only round I scored differently than you was the 11th, so i had it 114-114. Ramirez dominated the second half of the fight, but no way was he going to win a close decision in P.R. Rosario fought so many wars in the 80's: both Ramirez fights, the Howard Davis and hector Camacho fights as well. Ramirez may have fought every significant 135 pounder of his generation.

stickandmove12
12-13-2009, 01:56 AM
cotto-mosley.

MANGLER
12-13-2009, 02:05 AM
Paulie-Diaz

mhager91490
12-13-2009, 04:02 AM
Watched the 2nd pascal-Diaconou fight. Pascal has become one of my favorite current fighters to watch. he fought brilliantly, better than the first fight, and showed tremendous heart when he looked like he dislocated his shoulder towards the end of the 10th round. Would love to see him fight Dawson

Pascal never fails to deliver an entertaining performance, he is a reckless guy with loads of talent and potential and while he would probably be a better fighter if he didn't take as many chances but I wouldn't want to see that, I like to watch him just the way he is.

1SILVA
12-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Pascal never fails to deliver an entertaining performance, he is a reckless guy with loads of talent and potential and while he would probably be a better fighter if he didn't take as many chances but I wouldn't want to see that, I like to watch him just the way he is.

Yes, excellent analysis of his style. I think he has the heart and style to beat Dawson. I hope that fight comes off. Pascal and Timothy Bradley give 100 percent every time they fight and should be featured on HBO every time they fight.

Dynamite Kid
12-13-2009, 01:59 PM
Saw this fight last night. the only round I scored differently than you was the 11th, so i had it 114-114. Ramirez dominated the second half of the fight, but no way was he going to win a close decision in P.R. Rosario fought so many wars in the 80's: both Ramirez fights, the Howard Davis and hector Camacho fights as well. Ramirez may have fought every significant 135 pounder of his generation.

Agree.

I dont know if you have seen it but he also had an entertaining fight with Frankie Randall to, he had Randall in a lot trouble toward the end of the fight. Tremendous puncher that guy was. I also thought he showed bags of heart to take the beating he took against JCC.

It seemed many people believed Rosario would prove to be some kinda beast after the way he destroyed Edwin Viruet but Ramirez soon put that in check.

On the Howard Davis fight, if only Davis did not get nailed in that last round eh :sad:

Im also a big Ray Manicini fan and i find it quite strange how easily Mancini handled Ramirez and how much trouble Mancini had with Bramble and how easy Rosario handled Bramble. Funny old game isn't it lol

1SILVA
12-13-2009, 05:47 PM
Agree.

I dont know if you have seen it but he also had an entertaining fight with Frankie Randall to, he had Randall in a lot trouble toward the end of the fight. Tremendous puncher that guy was. I also thought he showed bags of heart to take the beating he took against JCC.

It seemed many people believed Rosario would prove to be some kinda beast after the way he destroyed Edwin Viruet but Ramirez soon put that in check.

On the Howard Davis fight, if only Davis did not get nailed in that last round eh :sad:

Im also a big Ray Manicini fan and i find it quite strange how easily Mancini handled Ramirez and how much trouble Mancini had with Bramble and how easy Rosario handled Bramble. Funny old game isn't it lol

Mancini shut out Ramirez, yet ramirez dropped Arguello and lost a split decision while Arguello ko'd Mancini. Yes, this game is funny

Dynamite Kid
12-13-2009, 06:15 PM
Mancini shut out Ramirez, yet ramirez dropped Arguello and lost a split decision while Arguello ko'd Mancini. Yes, this game is funny

Oh **** yeah :lol1:

While im here gonna post my card to Vasquez vs Priolo

Vasquez vs Priolo

Round 1 Priolo
landed a few over hand rights and was more active

Round 2 Vasquez
More active this round and landed the hardest shots imo

Round 3 Priolo
Priolo was nailing Vasquez with hard shots to head and body early on
and landed the cleaner shots imo

Round 4 Vasquez close

I felt this round was close untill Vasquez closed it out better and hurt his
opponent right at the end of the round

Round 5 Priolo
Priola found a home for his right hand again in this round. I felt he controlled
the round

Round 6 Vasquez
Vasquez just about. I felt he landed the cleaner shots and did more over the coarse
of the round

Round 7 Priolo (very close round/either way)

Close round but i felt Priolo just about landed more clean punches

Round 8 Priolo

I felt Vasquez tried to steal this round, he landed some hard shots but he
was not as active as Priolo and Priolo landed some clean punches on him
and was consistent all threw the round

Vasquez landed a right hand that hurt Priolo and he followed up and dropped Priolo
Priolo was down 3 times as the fight was waved off by the ref, Vasquez really
poured it on when he knew he had Priolo hurt and he needed to because i felt he was
losing the fight.

Neither man had very good accuracy imo but Priolo's was marginally better as he landed cleaner shots
and seemed the busier man to me. The overhand right landed on Vasquez quite a few times its the same
punch Rafa Marquez often landed on him in their 3 fights.

mhager91490
12-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Oh **** yeah :lol1:

While im here gonna post my card to Vasquez vs Priolo

Vasquez vs Priolo

Round 1 Priolo
landed a few over hand rights and was more active

Round 2 Vasquez
More active this round and landed the hardest shots imo

Round 3 Priolo
Priolo was nailing Vasquez with hard shots to head and body early on
and landed the cleaner shots imo

Round 4 Vasquez close

I felt this round was close untill Vasquez closed it out better and hurt his
opponent right at the end of the round

Round 5 Priolo
Priola found a home for his right hand again in this round. I felt he controlled
the round

Round 6 Vasquez
Vasquez just about. I felt he landed the cleaner shots and did more over the coarse
of the round

Round 7 Priolo (very close round/either way)

Close round but i felt Priolo just about landed more clean punches

Round 8 Priolo

I felt Vasquez tried to steal this round, he landed some hard shots but he
was not as active as Priolo and Priolo landed some clean punches on him
and was consistent all threw the round

Vasquez landed a right hand that hurt Priolo and he followed up and dropped Priolo
Priolo was down 3 times as the fight was waved off by the ref, Vasquez really
poured it on when he knew he had Priolo hurt and he needed to because i felt he was
losing the fight.

Neither man had very good accuracy imo but Priolo's was marginally better as he landed cleaner shots
and seemed the busier man to me. The overhand right landed on Vasquez quite a few times its the same
punch Rafa Marquez often landed on him in their 3 fights.

That was a good fight and a good show of heart by both men. While I don't thinl that a fourth fight between Marquez and Vasquez is needed I do think it can produce a less technical match and end up more like a street fight which would be good for the fans. Both Marquez and Vasquez judging by their last performances are at the peak of their powers anymore and while I think they should hang em up for good the most likely scenario is that they try and get one more good paycheck by fighting each other.

Dynamite Kid
12-13-2009, 07:31 PM
That was a good fight and a good show of heart by both men. While I don't thinl that a fourth fight between Marquez and Vasquez is needed I do think it can produce a less technical match and end up more like a street fight which would be good for the fans. Both Marquez and Vasquez judging by their last performances are at the peak of their powers anymore and while I think they should hang em up for good the most likely scenario is that they try and get one more good paycheck by fighting each other.

You know that is something i might have forgot to add to my post, what a terrific! fight it was, so if id did forget then im saying it now.

Ofalobi vs Huck

Round 1 Even
Tough round to score. Ofalobi seemed more active but only
with insignifcent shots like the jab to body and head, Huck
was inactive but exploaded 2/3 times and let some hard
shots go, hard to see whether they were landing or not though

Round 2 Huck
Not much in the round up untll the end where Huck go some shots
through Ola's guard and closed the round out better

Round 3 Huck
Ofalobi could of won the round but i felt he let Huck comeback and outwork
him mid round and down the stretch

Round 4 Huck
probably Huck's most effective round landing cleaner shots on Ola.
Ola is not being aggressive enough or consistent enough, Huck is not
that active by he is throwing combinations in his spurts, Ola is throwing
one punch at a time.

Round 5 Ofalobi
Easily Ofalobi's best round, he staggered Huck in this round and had him
holding on to him

Round 6 Huck
Huck was more active landed the cleaner harder shots, stupid round by
Ola he did not capatalize on the last round he went into his defensive shell
and let Huck bang him on the ropes.

Round 7 Ofalobi
Ofalobi was the only doing anything in this round he did not do much himself
excpet pop the jab but Huck threw one shot that landed but it was not
enough to take the round

Round 8 Huck
cleaner harder shots more active

Round 9 Huck
Cleaner harder shots, he closed the round out to. Huck responds when
he gets hit so he is always staying that little bit infront in the rounds

Round 10 Ofalobi
Huch looked as though he took this round off due to tiredness, Ofalobi
was more active, more aggressive this round

Round 11 Huck

Huck bullied Ola in this round as Ola went back into that defensive
posture of slipping on the ropes but he was not doing anything

Round 12 Huck
Huck just about edged the last round down the stretch imo

Difference in the fight was that Ofalobi was not aggressive enough and
got outworked in the rounds where he went into that defensive shell, he
thinks its smart to show how good his defence is and play to the crowd but
whilst you are slipping and not countering you are being outworked, when
Ola did not go into that shell he was not aggresive enough, he would peck
away with jabs to the body and head and even though Huck was fighting
in spurts and not throwing a 100 punches a round the difference was he
was throwing the harder shots, but most importantly he was throwing in
combination where as Ola was throwing one punch at a time.

Ofalobi did manage to stagger Huck in the 5th.

Dynamite Kid
12-13-2009, 09:40 PM
Jean Pascal vs Diaconu 2

Round 1 Diaconu
Not an easy round to score imo.

Round 2 Diaconu
Close round but i thought Diaconu closed it out better, Pascal tried to
claw it back right in the last few seconds but i still thought Diaconu
took it

Round 3 Pascal
Great round, Pascal was taking it to Diaconu at the end and even rocked
him. Probably the clearest round of the fight imo.

Round 4 Pascal
Another exciting round where Pascal was nailing Diaconu again
in this round, great fight so far.

Round 5 Diaconu
Pascal hurt his shoulder in this round, he wanted to hold on he was trying
to get threw the round

Round 6 Pascal
Pascal on the cleaner work

Round 7 Pascal
Diaconu finished a little better but Pascal clearly landed the cleaner more
effective work imo. There was a lovely sequence where he showed his
speed and caught Diaconu with a counter uppercut, another exciting round.

Round 8 Pascal
Another exciting round. Pascal was trying take Diaconu out early the round,
he let shot after shot after shot go, however Diaconu was never hurt imo

Round 9 Diaconu
I like Diaconu's consistency here

Round 10 Pascal
Nothing in this round up untill near the end where Pascal closed
the round out

Round 11 Pascal
Diaconu was winning the fight but he let Pascal pinch the round by
landing the cleaner more effective shots down the stretch.

Round 12 Pascal
Pascal dug deep and showed how much he wanted this
in the last round, terrific!! fight.

Pascal really impressed me and looks to have improved a lot since the
Froch fight. The guy is an utter warrior to.

Diaconu was a bit too methodical and lacked the hand speed
to live with Pascal when he turned up the heat. To beat Pascal
you are going to have to apply lots of pressure, force him around the ring expending energy
and try and get him outta his rythm, but as i saidDiaconu is too methodical to close distance that fast and the
result is you are giving someone with a considerable hand/ foot speed advantage time and space to set up
there attacks.

There were times in this fight where Pascal threw down when he did not have to but it just showed
what a warrior the guy is, that said it could cost him against a better opponent but that seems to
be something that is ingrained in his DNA, what ever the case maybe his fights are always excellent to
watch. Much respect to Pascal, that was a excellet performance & a exciting fight.

By all accounts the

Shadows
12-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Jean Pascal vs Diaconu 2

Round 1 Diaconu
Not an easy round to score imo.

Round 2 Diaconu
Close round but i thought Diaconu closed it out better, Pascal tried to
claw it back right in the last few seconds but i still thought Diaconu
took it

Round 3 Pascal
Great round, Pascal was taking it to Diaconu at the end and even rocked
him. Probably the clearest round of the fight imo.

Round 4 Pascal
Another exciting round where Pascal was nailing Diaconu again
in this round, great fight so far.

Round 5 Diaconu
Pascal hurt his shoulder in this round, he wanted to hold on he was trying
to get threw the round

Round 6 Pascal
Pascal on the cleaner work

Round 7 Pascal
Diaconu finished a little better but Pascal clearly landed the cleaner more
effective work imo. There was a lovely sequence where he showed his
speed and caught Diaconu with a counter uppercut, another exciting round.

Round 8 Pascal
Another exciting round. Pascal was trying take Diaconu out early the round,
he let shot after shot after shot go, however Diaconu was never hurt imo

Round 9 Diaconu
I like Diaconu's consistency here

Round 10 Pascal
Nothing in this round up untill near the end where Pascal closed
the round out

Round 11 Pascal
Diaconu was winning the fight but he let Pascal pinch the round by
landing the cleaner more effective shots down the stretch.

Round 12 Pascal
Pascal dug deep and showed how much he wanted this
in the last round, terrific!! fight.

Pascal really impressed me and looks to have improved a lot since the
Froch fight. The guy is an utter warrior to.

Diaconu was a bit too methodical and lacked the hand speed
to live with Pascal when he turned up the heat. To beat Pascal
you are going to have to apply lots of pressure, force him around the ring expending energy
and try and get him outta his rythm, but as i saidDiaconu is too methodical to close distance that fast and the
result is you are giving someone with a considerable hand/ foot speed advantage time and space to set up
there attacks.

There were times in this fight where Pascal threw down when he did not have to but it just showed
what a warrior the guy is, that said it could cost him against a better opponent but that seems to
be something that is ingrained in his DNA, what ever the case maybe his fights are always excellent to
watch. Much respect to Pascal, that was a excellet performance & a exciting fight.

By all accounts the

I watched the fight on a stream but it was kinda choppy so it didn't hold my interest.

From what I saw, I think he's made improvements, but not enough to take advantage of his physical abilities. I think he's a solid top ten LHW, but I don't see him being the man in the division.

mhager91490
12-14-2009, 03:07 AM
I have really been digging Dynamite Kid's scorecards so I thought I would do one of my own:

Jeff Fenech-Azumah Nelson I

Round I- Very active first round for both men, in the early going there was a lot of swinging but it mostly amounted to glancing blows and misses. Throughout the round Azumah lands some clean left hooks and near the end he catches Fenech with a right that causes his knees to buckle momentarily. Azumah pushes Fenech to the ropes and flurries to end the round.

Rd.1-10-9 Nelson

Round 2- Azumah comes out working combinations but most of the punches are either slipped or caught on the gloves of Fenech. Azumah slows down a little and Fenech throws a few combinations but is generally outworked by Azumah. Fenech's jab is straighter and faster but he doesn't throw it enough. Azumah closes out the round with some good body work and combinations. Close round but Nelson generally did the better work.

Rd.2-10-9 Nelson

Round 3- The round starts and Azumah is working the jab well, they shoulder up and both men open up with big flurries with neither man gaining the advantage. Jeff starts to focus more on offense starts landing his right, one which shakes Azumah and Fenech presses the advantage and bulls Azumah into the ropes where they both trade short shots in close punctuated by the 8-9 punch flurries by Fenech and the rallies off the ropes by Nelson. Fenech outthrows and outlands Azumah on the ropes and takes the round. Fenech is also cut sometime near the end of the round, the cut is under his left eye and doesn't look severe.

Rd.3-10-9 Fenech

Round 4- Nelson comes out and tries to take control in the middle and box Fenech but it seems he is forcing his legs to bounce instead of it coming naturally and Fenech backs him into the ropes by coming forward and feinting. On the ropes Nelson does most of the good work but Fenech does throw a few eye-catching flurries. Near the end of the round Nelson comes off of the ropes and lands about 10 punches in a row on Fenech, most of them uppercuts then Fenech bulls him back to the ropes.

Rd.4-10-9 Nelson

Round 5- The round starts and Azumah comes out and jabs Fenech into the ropes but Jeff simply cuts a corner and backs Azumah back into the same corner. The rest of the round is fought there with no meaningful punches landing but Fenech generally throwing and landing more while Azumah just keeps it competitive.

Rd.5-10-9 Fenech

Round 6- Nelson comes out and takes the initiative jabbing and circling while Fenech won't throw more than one punch at a time against the moving target. By virtue of Azumah's punches being mostly open handed jabs Fenech doesn't get discouraged but he is getting outworked. Near the end of the round Fenech throws a five punch flurry which for the most part land on the glove and arm of Nelson.

Rd.6-10-9 Nelson
Round 7- Both men meet at the center, Azumah looks winded but is still throwing but Fenech has picked up the pace as well as his punches being crisper and straighter when in the center. Fenech lands a stiff right and backs Nelson into the ropes where he mauls and beats on Azumah with short punches and occasional flurries with Azumah throwing back without any effect.

Rd.7-10-9 Fenech

Round 8- This was a very close round, Azumah was more consistent with his jabbing and movement while Fenech chose to fight in spurts and made Azumah cover up and did for a moment have Azumah on the ropes. Neither man landed any real big punches, Azumah's mostly just open handed jabs and the occasional combo while Fenech pressed forward but didn't throw much until Azumah was stationary.

Rd.8-10-9 Nelson (I wouldn't argue with anyone seeing going the other way.)

Round 9- Fenech was noticeably more aggressive in this round, he matched Azumah's punch output and his were faster, straighter and more powerful. Nelson was just trying to make it look close but Fenech really showed through with his relentless pressure and took the round clean. At the end of the round Nelson throws an unintentional late punch and Fenech gets pissed and has to restrained as well as being very animated in his corner.

Rd.9-10-9 Fenech

Round 10- The round starts very late because Nelson's corner “lost” his mouthpiece and this bought Nelson quite a bit of rest. Fenech comes out fighting like he is pissed and Azumah at times is forced to stand and try to trade with him. Both men very active but the action is being dictated by Fenech's pressure and for a little under the last half of the round it is fought on the ropes with Fenech getting the better of the action. Fenech also throws Nelson over his shoulder at the end of the round but Nelson didn't look hurt.

Rd.10-10-9 Fenech

Round 11- This was a close round, Nelson fought with more resolve and threw more punches but I think that Fenech's more meaningful punches and aggressive rushes won him the round by a hair.

Rd.11-10-9 Fenech

Round 12- This round is fought at a torrid pace with both men fighting like they want to win it. Nelson does well for the first half of the fight but Fenech turns up the pressure another notch and he is rewarded by hurting Nelson on the ropes with right hands in the last thirty seconds to cap off the round and the fight.

Rd.12-10-9 Fenech

I scored it 7 rounds to 5 in favor of Jeff Fenech. He did a lot in this fight but at times when they were circling each other he just seemed to not throw enough punches. What he did right is smother Nelson's punches well on the inside and his defense was very good in this fight. I can understand people giving Fenech some of the close rounds, the aggressive guy usually gets the benefit of the doubt in a close fight and I think he should of won the decision, albeit a very close one.

Zhaakal
12-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Mmm.. Roy Jones vs. Richard Hall

Loved Lampley quote: You don't know if a fighter has a world class chin until he takes a world class beating.

Hall showed INSANE heart and courage but the ref was very bad. Should have stopped it some 3 or 4 rounds earlier.

RockyB
12-15-2009, 05:15 PM
I just watched Holyfield-Bowe II. MAN what a fight!

Dynamite Kid
12-15-2009, 05:17 PM
I have really been digging Dynamite Kid's scorecards so I thought I would do one of my own:

Jeff Fenech-Azumah Nelson I

Round I- Very active first round for both men, in the early going there was a lot of swinging but it mostly amounted to glancing blows and misses. Throughout the round Azumah lands some clean left hooks and near the end he catches Fenech with a right that causes his knees to buckle momentarily. Azumah pushes Fenech to the ropes and flurries to end the round.

Rd.1-10-9 Nelson

Round 2- Azumah comes out working combinations but most of the punches are either slipped or caught on the gloves of Fenech. Azumah slows down a little and Fenech throws a few combinations but is generally outworked by Azumah. Fenech's jab is straighter and faster but he doesn't throw it enough. Azumah closes out the round with some good body work and combinations. Close round but Nelson generally did the better work.

Rd.2-10-9 Nelson

Round 3- The round starts and Azumah is working the jab well, they shoulder up and both men open up with big flurries with neither man gaining the advantage. Jeff starts to focus more on offense starts landing his right, one which shakes Azumah and Fenech presses the advantage and bulls Azumah into the ropes where they both trade short shots in close punctuated by the 8-9 punch flurries by Fenech and the rallies off the ropes by Nelson. Fenech outthrows and outlands Azumah on the ropes and takes the round. Fenech is also cut sometime near the end of the round, the cut is under his left eye and doesn't look severe.

Rd.3-10-9 Fenech

Round 4- Nelson comes out and tries to take control in the middle and box Fenech but it seems he is forcing his legs to bounce instead of it coming naturally and Fenech backs him into the ropes by coming forward and feinting. On the ropes Nelson does most of the good work but Fenech does throw a few eye-catching flurries. Near the end of the round Nelson comes off of the ropes and lands about 10 punches in a row on Fenech, most of them uppercuts then Fenech bulls him back to the ropes.

Rd.4-10-9 Nelson

Round 5- The round starts and Azumah comes out and jabs Fenech into the ropes but Jeff simply cuts a corner and backs Azumah back into the same corner. The rest of the round is fought there with no meaningful punches landing but Fenech generally throwing and landing more while Azumah just keeps it competitive.

Rd.5-10-9 Fenech

Round 6- Nelson comes out and takes the initiative jabbing and circling while Fenech won't throw more than one punch at a time against the moving target. By virtue of Azumah's punches being mostly open handed jabs Fenech doesn't get discouraged but he is getting outworked. Near the end of the round Fenech throws a five punch flurry which for the most part land on the glove and arm of Nelson.

Rd.6-10-9 Nelson
Round 7- Both men meet at the center, Azumah looks winded but is still throwing but Fenech has picked up the pace as well as his punches being crisper and straighter when in the center. Fenech lands a stiff right and backs Nelson into the ropes where he mauls and beats on Azumah with short punches and occasional flurries with Azumah throwing back without any effect.

Rd.7-10-9 Fenech

Round 8- This was a very close round, Azumah was more consistent with his jabbing and movement while Fenech chose to fight in spurts and made Azumah cover up and did for a moment have Azumah on the ropes. Neither man landed any real big punches, Azumah's mostly just open handed jabs and the occasional combo while Fenech pressed forward but didn't throw much until Azumah was stationary.

Rd.8-10-9 Nelson (I wouldn't argue with anyone seeing going the other way.)

Round 9- Fenech was noticeably more aggressive in this round, he matched Azumah's punch output and his were faster, straighter and more powerful. Nelson was just trying to make it look close but Fenech really showed through with his relentless pressure and took the round clean. At the end of the round Nelson throws an unintentional late punch and Fenech gets pissed and has to restrained as well as being very animated in his corner.

Rd.9-10-9 Fenech

Round 10- The round starts very late because Nelson's corner ***8220;lost***8221; his mouthpiece and this bought Nelson quite a bit of rest. Fenech comes out fighting like he is pissed and Azumah at times is forced to stand and try to trade with him. Both men very active but the action is being dictated by Fenech's pressure and for a little under the last half of the round it is fought on the ropes with Fenech getting the better of the action. Fenech also throws Nelson over his shoulder at the end of the round but Nelson didn't look hurt.

Rd.10-10-9 Fenech

Round 11- This was a close round, Nelson fought with more resolve and threw more punches but I think that Fenech's more meaningful punches and aggressive rushes won him the round by a hair.

Rd.11-10-9 Fenech

Round 12- This round is fought at a torrid pace with both men fighting like they want to win it. Nelson does well for the first half of the fight but Fenech turns up the pressure another notch and he is rewarded by hurting Nelson on the ropes with right hands in the last thirty seconds to cap off the round and the fight.

Rd.12-10-9 Fenech

I scored it 7 rounds to 5 in favor of Jeff Fenech. He did a lot in this fight but at times when they were circling each other he just seemed to not throw enough punches. What he did right is smother Nelson's punches well on the inside and his defense was very good in this fight. I can understand people giving Fenech some of the close rounds, the aggressive guy usually gets the benefit of the doubt in a close fight and I think he should of won the decision, albeit a very close one.

Nice. I felt Fenech won the fight clearly but i have never scored the fight myself, that sounds pretty much inline with how id imagine it scores would look. Amazing how a times they would stand in one corner and bang it out the whole round :boxing:

I watched Whitaker vs DLH, Mayweather vs DLH earlier today and scored them this time. DLH lost that fight clearly imo. I gave DLH 4 rounds if i recall, Mayweather clearly landed the more accurate punches of the coarse of the fight. First time i saw Whitaker vs DLH i thought it was a draw and having watched it and scored it today i still dont think either man did enough to win it. I had DLH winning the fight by 1 or 2 rounds but i dont think he or Whitaker deserved to win that fight tbh.

Dynamite Kid
12-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Juan Diaz vs Paulie Malignaggi

Round 1 Malignaggi

Paulie dictated the action and landed the more effective shots,
he also got his jab off. Diaz is fighting a terrible fight, he is
trying to outbox a Boxer but what he is doing is giving him
time and space to get his shots off.

Round 2 Malignaggi

Clear round for Malignaggi. Juan Diaz needs to be on
Paulie's chest not outside trying to Box with him. Paulie
is getting his time and space and picking his shots.

Round 3 Malignaggi

Diaz got the better of a good exchange nailing Malignaggi
when he managed to close the distance on Paulie, however
Malignaggi outpunched/outlanded him down the
stretch imo. Diaz allows Paulie to get off first because he is
trying & failing to counter the faster/smarter boxer( Malignaggi)

Round 4 Malignaggi (close)

I felt Malignaggi's jab dictated the action here.

Round 5 Juan Diaz

Malignaggi stopped using his legs and became more stationary in this round.
Juan Diaz turned up the intensity, got in close and landed
the harder cleaner shots of the round.

Round 6 Malignaggi

This was a close round where Diaz landed a good flurry but then
he stepped off the gas and let Paulie work his way back into the round.
I felt it was pretty even until Paulie landed a counter uppercut that hurt
Diaz, he did not follow up(showboating instead) but clearly
won the round with this.

Round 7 Malignaggi
Dictated the round with the jab

Round 8 Juan Diaz

This is how Diaz should of fought from round one, lots of pressure, get in close
and let your hands go. Malignaggi needs time and space to be effective, he is also
more effective from centre ring than when backed up.

Round 9 Malignaggi
Malignaggi dictated with jab

Round 10 Malignaggi 10/8
Bull**** KD call. Diaz was unfairly judged to have been dropped. Malignaggi did
win the round imo but that was no knockdown.

Round 11 Diaz

Diaz more aggressive this round and landed the cleaner shots. Paulie did a lot
of clowning but was getting hit

Round 12 Diaz

Diaz more aggressive and landed the harder shots

Juan Diaz fought completely the wrong fight. Diaz used to be a hell for leather
aggressive punching machine and that is the type of Juan Diaz that would of
beaten Paulie imo, but the problem is since Juan Diaz got knocked out by JMM
using those tactics, Sheilds has tried to mold him into more of a Boxer. Its okay
to Box a guy like Katsidis who is aggressive, leans foward and fights with his face,
but not against a fighter like Malignaggi who has a jab knows how to
use his legs and Box.

Juan Diaz's game plan gave him no chance to win this fight and there was no way he
could of adjusted midway through because he did not put the ground work in early
to capitalize late. In the first fight Paulie used his legs early whilst Juan Diaz was
pressuring. Now it made no difference whether Diaz was winning all the early rounds
in the first fight because he was putting pressure on Malignaggi and making
him expend energy. Juan Diaz also went to the body so he had
put the ground work in order to capitalize later in the fight when the inevitable would happen, IE Diaz
body work and Paulie's constant lateral movement catching upto him and slowing down making him
a more stationary target where Diaz could bang him, now i did not think
Diaz put enough pressure on the first fight and that if he had
he could of won the fight by 1/2 rounds (that said i scored that fight a draw) but he put even less pressure on this round.

In the second fight Sheilds tried to get Juan Diaz to stand off Malignaggi and counter,
big mistake. Malignaggi is not as effective going backwards when he does not have
time and space, yet Diaz decided to Box him so Malignaggi was able to hold his feet
in centre ring and win the Boxing match. Where does a speed advantage show up?
centre ring.

Diaz did too much waiting and let Malignaggi get off first all night, he did not break
Paulie's rhythm by pressuring him and denying him space, infact he almost
helped Malignaggi establish a rythm by fighting Malignaggi's fight. It should
come as no surprise that the round Diaz was more aggressive he invariably won.

Ronnie Sheilds needs the sack.

TheGreatA
12-21-2009, 05:36 AM
Joe Louis vs Arturo Godoy II. Brutal display of combination punching. Louis at his sharpest as far as his fast, pin-point accurate combinations are concerned.

Also Louis vs the appropriately named Johnny Paychek who seemed scared of Louis since the opening bell. It wasn't much of a fight but Louis looked like a 1930's Tyson here. Joe came out fast and had Paychek all over the place with quick combinations which put him down three times in the opening round. A right hand over Paychek's jab ended matters early on in the 2nd round and Paychek was out staring at the lights.

Louis vs the great light heavyweight John Henry Lewis was similarly a one-sided contest which ended in the very first round. Louis ran right through Lewis and crippled him with body blows. Lewis was a sitting target after that.

Jack Sharkey vs Tom Heenan & Mike McTigue. Watching Sharkey's fights, he was possibly the best boxer around post-Dempsey/Tunney era but he did not have the mentality to be a consistent champion. By 1932-1933 he was slow and sluggish.

Jack Delaney vs Tom Heenan & Jim Maloney. Delaney seems to have been a Tommy Loughran type of a boxer. Very good movement and quick handspeed but he did not have the strength to deal with heavyweights.

TheGreatA
12-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Sandy Saddler vs Charley Riley

Watching this fight one has to wonder why Saddler ever chose to fight the way that he fought. For 6 rounds Saddler took a brutal beating from the short, powerfully built challenger Charley Riley who had the champion Saddler on the ropes and hanging on. Only Saddler's granite chin saved him from a knockout.

Riley had actually been KO'd by Willie Pep in 5 rounds while Saddler himself was coming off a KO win over Pep. Riley still seemed to be the stronger of the two and had the better of the punching exchanges. All changed after round 6 when Saddler started boxing as if he was Willie Pep himself, using his long jab and footwork to keep the challenger at bay, and himself at a safe distance. This seemed to be the difference as Saddler won a close majority decision.

Another Saddler fight I viewed was Saddler vs 'Red Top' Davis. This was a more traditional Sandy Saddler using his rough tactics to outpoint a quick, skilled challenger. Today Saddler would probably have had points taken away from him, if not outright disqualified, for all the holding & hitting, elbowing, lacing and headbutting that he did. On another note, the converted southpaw Saddler has probably the most effective left uppercut I've ever seen.

talip bin osman
12-22-2009, 06:42 PM
i just watched rafael limon-rolando navarette the other night...

limon was such a tough hombre...

props to navarette for giving him a good fight...

P.WILL
12-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Andre Berto vs. Miguel Rodriguez i believe was his name
Rodriguez was a tough mofo he got dropped and hit with big shots and just smiled
he wasn't taking that huge of a beating, maybe they should have gave him 1 more round

bojangles1987
12-22-2009, 07:27 PM
Paul Williams-Sergio Martinez for the second time. That was a great fight, man.

cooper5
12-23-2009, 03:00 AM
After a thread about him was posted the other day, I sat down and watched Carlos Monzon vs. Anthony Mundine Sr. again. It might give away my age but I I like watching old non digital, B&W fights.

Argentine
12-23-2009, 03:02 AM
Leonard-Hagler!!!!!

P.WILL
12-25-2009, 08:01 PM
Really Close Fight, A Couple Of Swing Rounds
Ali's Jab Was Popping and Fraziers Hook Was Snapping

1. Ali
2. Ali
3. Ali
4. Frazier
5. Ali
6. Frazier
7. Ali
8. Frazier
9. Ali
10. Ali
11. Frazier
12. Frazier
13. Ali
14. Ali
15. Frazier 10-8

Ali- 143
Frazier- 141

chrismart83
12-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Watched Williams - Martinez for the first time a few days ago. I had Martinez up by a point.

TBear
12-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Last night I rewatched Matthew Saad Muhammad against Yaqui Lopez. It was a great fight.

Heru
12-26-2009, 02:33 AM
Frazier-Foster, Frazier-Ellis I, Ali-Chuvalo II, Lewis-Tyson

Marcov
12-26-2009, 03:42 AM
Stevie Johnston-Angel Manfredy, Johnston wasn't a bad fighter. Seems he wasted some of his career though.

Dynamite Kid
12-26-2009, 05:00 AM
Bradley vs Peterson

Round 1 Bradley (close)
Peterson was winning the round but Bradley nailed
him twice with overhand rights to steal the round imo

Round 2 Bradley
Bradleys speed was a factor early in the round and helped
him land counter right hands. Toward the end of the
round Bradley landed another right that shook
Peterson up

Round 3 Bradley 10/9

Bradley knocked Peterson down but i thought he came
back well enough to make the round a 1/9 instead of
10/8. It was a short right on the back of the head that
dropped Peterson

Round 4 Peterson (close)

I gave this to Peterson as he i felt he landed the
harder shots and a lot of Bradley's shots were inaccurate
besides a couple of counter rights

Round 5 Bradley (close)

Peterson came back well but i felt Bradley's early work
of using angles and countering took the round for me.

Round 6 Bradley
Excellent round for Bradley. Bradley used the angles
and countered up and down. Peterson inactive

Round 7 Bradley
Niether man got much done but Braldey's fast
counters were more eyecatching. Peterson coming in
straight and not cutting Bradley off

Round 8 Bradley
Terrific performance by Bradley so far. Bradley back
to countering with the right hand and using angles

Round 9 Bradley (close)

Close untill Bradley closed it out better nailing
Peterson with a nice right and a combo.

Round 10 Bradley
Continues to use the angles and speed to counter

Round 11 Peterson
Peterson may not have won this round but he put
a lot out particularly toward the end

Round 12 Peterson
Peterson was more consistent and landed
the cleaner shots imo.

I felt Bradley's style was all wrong for Peterson but i still
felt it would be a competitive closer fight than it was because Bradley has
left himself open in the past, and when all said and done Peterson is a good fighter. I
expected Peterson to use his height more and i felt Bradley would be the
aggressor and would use speed/angles to outwork him. To my surprise
Peterson was the aggresor but the angles, speed of Bradley was still
the key weapon.

It all comes down to Peterson's style imo. Peterson fights with his
hands high (Winky esque) which means he fights pretty square, that
takes the pop off his right hands and means he has to get closer to his
opponent to get his punches off, he can also only really punch when
you stop punching, his vision is impaired by how high he hold his
gloves, he rarely moves his head to create angles to punch off so
he tends to come in straight lines.

Bradley took advantage of all of this imo. Bradley used his legs and asked Peterson
to cut the ring down because he knew Peterson could not get off from range, he
needs to be closer to you in order to get off. Peterson comes in straight with
his hands up and little headmovement. At times Bradley was able to shoe shine,
impare his vision, use angles and spin off, plus Peterson can only respond (counter)
when you have finished your combo because of his style. Peterson tends
to commit to the jab at all times because of his style which makes it easier to slip and
counter.

I dont think Bradley knowingly took adavantage of all this its just that Peterson's
style is all wrong for Bradley.

Bradley used great speed and discpline, discipline because he only laid inside once
and gave Peterson the only chance he had, which was to stop using his legs
lay inside and let Peterson get off. Its like i said earlier, Peterson is only
effective when he can get that little bit closer to you, but from long range all he has
is his jab, he commits to that( jab) which leaves him open to overhand rights.
A lesser fighter would of saw the success they were having
and tried to press their advantages and languished inside too long and gave Peterson
a better shot than he had. Bradley did this once but had the forsight
to realize his game was on the outside making Peterson cut the ring down.

rochemback
12-26-2009, 05:34 AM
Mayweather - Castillo I, scored it two rounds in favor of Floyd, by the way. Was a bit shocked by the punch stats at the end, but just goes to show that clean punching (and even the decision what's a clean punch can't be 100% objective most of the time) is just 1/4 of judging a fight.

aristotlemoses
12-26-2009, 10:56 AM
watched some video of Jack Johnson vs Ketchel
and Zale amd Graziano

HaglerSteelChin
12-26-2009, 11:23 AM
I have been watching alot of Jones and Tyson recently. My introduction to Jones was the 1988 Summer Olympics in Seaul, South Korea. I remember the gold medal robbery and saw it again for the first time in 21 years. It was interesting to hear his comments after the fight. Jones even thought about quitting boxing: "this might be last fight and I just go back to college...i knew when i saw the koreans jumping up and down that something was up." It was the biggest robbery in olympic boxing ever......jones won all 3rds and almost KOD the Korean.

Watching Jones early fights in Florida and some of those rings are the smallest i have ever seen. Those rings look smaller than 15 by 15 feet.
Jones was an acumelative puncher and he needed time to KO these guys.

Looking at Tyson vs Spinks makes me think when does ring magazine ever strip their title from a fighter? Spinks ducked Tyson and got stripped by the IBF in 1987 and ring magazine still had him as their champ when he fought Tyson. That is other proof why i dont consider Ring Belt to be a real belt. Spinks fought Gerry Cooney instead of Tyson. While Tyson was WBC and WBA champ, and later got the IBF from Tucker.

I will make a few comments on these old tyson fights:

BRUNO 1: You can see Tyson looked a little vulnerable and was not the same after Rooney left his corner.

Douglas: Tyson would have had a KO if the Ref didnt have such a slow count, it was close. Also the bell saved douglas as if there would have been even 10 seconds left tyson would have finished him. Also Tyson's corner did a horrible job in healing his eye. Nonetheless, Douglas did fight a great fight and got the win.

Ruddock 1,2: These are among the best Tyson fights. Round 6 of the first fight was classic toe to toe. I will say that Tyson was lucky that he didnt get DQ in the 2nd fight as he hit below the belt and had 2 points deducted and than kept doing it. Mills Lane could have given a DQ.

Holyfield 1, 2: Mitch Halperin did a horrible job in the first fight. No warnings for headbutting and he allowed Holyfield to keep holding on. He never controlled the ring. Tyson was winning RD6 until the headbutt. Holyfield did take some great shots. Tyson was winning RD 3 of the 2nd fight until he bit holyfield's ear. It was the most shocking event possibly in recent boxing history. In my opinion, it epitomizes the mental weakness that Tyson had. He would get frustrated when things dont turn out like he wanted and lose his patience, we saw some of that in his fight with Bonecrusher smith.

1SILVA
12-26-2009, 12:28 PM
I have been watching alot of Jones and Tyson recently. My introduction to Jones was the 1988 Summer Olympics in Seaul, South Korea. I remember the gold medal robbery and saw it again for the first time in 21 years. It was interesting to hear his comments after the fight. Jones even thought about quitting boxing: "this might be last fight and I just go back to college...i knew when i saw the koreans jumping up and down that something was up." It was the biggest robbery in olympic boxing ever......jones won all 3rds and almost KOD the Korean.

Watching Jones early fights in Florida and some of those rings are the smallest i have ever seen. Those rings look smaller than 15 by 15 feet.
Jones was an acumelative puncher and he needed time to KO these guys.

Looking at Tyson vs Spinks makes me think when does ring magazine ever strip their title from a fighter? Spinks ducked Tyson and got stripped by the IBF in 1987 and ring magazine still had him as their champ when he fought Tyson. That is other proof why i dont consider Ring Belt to be a real belt. Spinks fought Gerry Cooney instead of Tyson. While Tyson was WBC and WBA champ, and later got the IBF from Tucker.

I will make a few comments on these old tyson fights:

BRUNO 1: You can see Tyson looked a little vulnerable and was not the same after Rooney left his corner.

Douglas: Tyson would have had a KO if the Ref didnt have such a slow count, it was close. Also the bell saved douglas as if there would have been even 10 seconds left tyson would have finished him. Also Tyson's corner did a horrible job in healing his eye. Nonetheless, Douglas did fight a great fight and got the win.

Ruddock 1,2: These are among the best Tyson fights. Round 6 of the first fight was classic toe to toe. I will say that Tyson was lucky that he didnt get DQ in the 2nd fight as he hit below the belt and had 2 points deducted and than kept doing it. Mills Lane could have given a DQ.

Holyfield 1, 2: Mitch Halperin did a horrible job in the first fight. No warnings for headbutting and he allowed Holyfield to keep holding on. He never controlled the ring. Tyson was winning RD6 until the headbutt. Holyfield did take some great shots. Tyson was winning RD 3 of the 2nd fight until he bit holyfield's ear. It was the most shocking event possibly in recent boxing history. In my opinion, it epitomizes the mental weakness that Tyson had. He would get frustrated when things dont turn out like he wanted and lose his patience, we saw some of that in his fight with Bonecrusher smith.

The Ring has always had a policy not to strip a fighter of its title because it is a linear title. Hatton moved up to welter twice and they never stripped him. He lost the belt to Pac Man.

P.WILL
12-27-2009, 12:04 AM
1. Judah
2. Judah
3. Tie
4. Judah
5. Mayweather
6. Mayweather
7. Mayweather
8. Mayweather
9. Mayweather
10. Mayweather
11. Mayweather
12. Judah

Mayweather- 116
Judah- 113

Third Degree MM
12-27-2009, 03:38 AM
mosley-forest 1

mosleys cheating ass gets his ass ****ed!

Dynamite Kid
12-28-2009, 02:11 AM
Matirosyan vs Willie Lee

Round 1 Martirosyan

Matirosyan coped well with the Southpaw got his
left hook right hands off and actually hurt Lee badly
with a right hands he almost stopped Lee imo

Round 2Matirosyan
Not much to choose from but i felt Matirosyan landed
a few counters

Matirosyan dropped Lee with a counter right he got up
but Matirosyan forced the stoppage by dropping him again

Accuracy & speed particularly impressive. Matirosyan beat Tim Bradley
& Andre Berto in the amateurs. Im not sure how adept Matirosyan would
be fighting inside because he seems to do everything exclusively from long
range, i guess we wont find that out until he fights someone who is going to get
on his chest and stay there, that said thats easier said than done because
of how sharp/quick & accurate he can counter punch. Good prospect.

Korobov vs Dunham HL

Round 2 Korobov

Korobov landed a few counters early and was teeing off on Dunham
at the end of the round.

Korobov puts pressure on drops Dunham, Dunham gets up but clearly
does not want go on, Dunham got dropped again fight waved off.

Korobov seems to be a bit of a body puncher. To early to tell but he
did not look uncomfortable when inside so maybe he can fight inside.
Korobov gets hit a bit imo.

Humberto Soto vs Jesus Chavez

Round 1 Soto 10/8

Soto dropped Chavez with a double jab right hand. Chavez showed
nice speed and the ability to counter punch with 2/3 shots as Chavez came
in pressuring.

Round 2 Chavez

Close round where i felt Soto maybe landed the better shots but he was not consistent
enough imo. Chavez put lots of pressure on and caught Soto from time to time he also
closed the round out better imo

Round 3 Soto

Same as the last round where Chavez put on a hella pressure but Soto counter punched
more effective in this round imo, when he got a little
separation he landed some nice combos.

Round 4 Soto

What a fight! Soto landed some viscous body punches and uppercuts, he also
nailed Chavez at the end of the round although it was still a close round because
of the intense pressure Chavez is putting on

Round 5 Soto 10/8

Chavez started to tire mid round as Soto backed him up momentarily, he got
some separation and landed some clean shots on Chavez, Chavez had a point
taken for trying to throw Soto out of the ring lol

Round 6 Soto (close)
Tough round to score, Chavez put **** loads of pressure on and Soto was more inactive
however Soto landed the best to punches of the round

Round 7 Chavez

Best round for Chavez, his most effective landing! punches and he was consistent
throughout.

Round 8 Chavez
Chavez chipping away the whole round whilst Soto was largely inactive

Round 9 Soto
Soto came alive this round after taking a break in the last 2

Round 10 Soto

Chavez was winning the round imo but Soto stole it
down the stretch imo.

Probably seemed closer that is actually was but the story behind
that was even though Chavez put on lots of pressure he was
not that effective landing in some of those rounds.

Soto seemed to slow down toward the end, he took a couple
of rounds off. Soto landed the cleaner punches all night and
showed decent speed when he threw his combo's.

Dynamite Kid
12-28-2009, 03:47 AM
Porter vs Patterson

Round 1 Porter
Great round for Porter he was very aggressive
used his speed to get in and out. Porter landed with
right hands and double left hooks. Patterson got nothing
going

Round 2 Porter

Porter is throwing so many punches that he is overwhelming
Patterson. Porter throwing clusters.

Round 3 Porter

More of the same lots of combos and left hooks. Landed a
solid left hook on Patterson at the end he took it well.

Terrfic left hook by Porter that dropped Patterson like a sack
of potatoes he got up but Porter nailed him with another left
hook as the ref waved it off.

Porter just did not let him into the fight his intensity and
combination punching just overwhelmed him. Great prospect
imo very very impressive he kinda reminds me of Pryor

Nicklow vs Fernando Guerrero

Round 1 Guerrero

Nicklow was edging the round early on his body work but
Guerrero came alive down the stretch and took the round imo

Round 2 Guerrero
Guerrero cleaner hard shots

Round 3 Guerrero

Cleaner harder shots he is starting to bully Nicklow and his natural
size and harder punches are starting to take their toll imo

Guerrero nailed Nicklow with a huge! right hook. Guerrero
was whaling away on Nicklow after that, Nicklow showed
a great chin but it was starting to get a bit sickening the
kind of flush punches he was getting hit with.

Guerrero's extra natural size and power was too much in
the end. Guerrero got hit a bit too much for my liking, not
that he was getting nailed or anything but i think a little
more got through than he might have liked.

Dynamite Kid
12-28-2009, 05:55 AM
Derrick Wilson vs De Leon

Round 1 Wilson

Wilsons hand speed too much

Round 2 De Leon

De Leon landed some clean shots on
Wilson near the ropes in this round

Round 3 De Leon

I felt he landed the harder shots and was more
active

Round 4 Wilson

I felt De Leon only really landed in one cluster, Wilson
nailed him with more clean punches imo.

Wilson was clearly not in shape for this fight. Tremendous
hand speed by Wilson but i think not only poor conditioning
let him down here but also the fact that he fought the entire fight
flat footed, well that might have something to do with his
poor condition trying to conserve energy and all that.

Danny Garcia vs Enrique Colin

Round 1 Garcia 10/8

Cautious round but Garcia landed a
hook to the body and a counter right hook
to edge a close round, however right at the end
he cemented the fact he won the round by nailing
Garcia and dropping him at the end

Danny Garcia brutalized Colin with a hard
right hook, he hit the canvas face first. Garcia came out and
fought flat footed from the get go he was fighting in philly
so i guess he was looking for a spectacular KO from the
beginning

1SILVA
12-28-2009, 08:59 AM
Derrick Wilson vs De Leon

Round 1 Wilson

Wilsons hand speed too much

Round 2 De Leon

De Leon landed some clean shots on
Wilson near the ropes in this round

Round 3 De Leon

I felt he landed the harder shots and was more
active

Round 4 Wilson

I felt De Leon only really landed in one cluster, Wilson
nailed him with more clean punches imo.

Wilson was clearly not in shape for this fight. Tremendous
hand speed by Wilson but i think not only poor conditioning
let him down here but also the fact that he fought the entire fight
flat footed, well that might have something to do with his
poor condition trying to conserve energy and all that.

Danny Garcia vs Enrique Colin

Round 1 Garcia 10/8

Cautious round but Garcia landed a
hook to the body and a counter right hook
to edge a close round, however right at the end
he cemented the fact he won the round by nailing
Garcia and dropping him at the end

Danny Garcia brutalized Colin with a hard
right hook, he hit the canvas face first. Garcia came out and
fought flat footed from the get go he was fighting in philly
so i guess he was looking for a spectacular KO from the
beginning

Rewatched the classic 1982 FOTY between Chacon and Limon. Chacon was determined to win at all cost. He took hellacious punishment, but kept coming forward. He hurt Limon several times during the last four rounds, finally cementing the win by knocking Bazooka down with seconds left in the fight. Still my favorite fight of all time!!!!!!

Dynamite Kid
01-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Holyfield vs Lewis 2 (rematch)

1 L
2 L
3 L (Lederman scored this for Holy)
4 L
5 H although close
6 H
7 H
8 L
9 L although very close
10 L
11 L
12 H

Lederman seemed charitable giving the 3rd to Holy imo, that said he did not give the 5th to Holy where as i did and i was being charitable so it evens itself out, of those two rounds Holy may have won one of them.

I think Holyfield in his prime could of beaten Lenny. Lewis switched off completely around round 5, he also started to tire later in the fight, he was caught by some solid shots by Holy and rocked in one of the rounds( 6th i think it was)

The fresher Holy with that great workrate might have worked his ass over if he got complacent the way he did here.

Bigdaddy_Vh
01-04-2010, 06:23 PM
watched Tyson Douglas...was hoping the outcome would be different this time...

American Dream
01-04-2010, 06:38 PM
watched Whitaker/DLH this past week..still scored the fight for Whitaker!
also watched Moorer/Foreman and Jones/Hill

1SILVA
01-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Porter vs Patterson

Round 1 Porter
Great round for Porter he was very aggressive
used his speed to get in and out. Porter landed with
right hands and double left hooks. Patterson got nothing
going

Round 2 Porter

Porter is throwing so many punches that he is overwhelming
Patterson. Porter throwing clusters.

Round 3 Porter

More of the same lots of combos and left hooks. Landed a
solid left hook on Patterson at the end he took it well.

Terrfic left hook by Porter that dropped Patterson like a sack
of potatoes he got up but Porter nailed him with another left
hook as the ref waved it off.

Porter just did not let him into the fight his intensity and
combination punching just overwhelmed him. Great prospect
imo very very impressive he kinda reminds me of Pryor

Nicklow vs Fernando Guerrero

Round 1 Guerrero

Nicklow was edging the round early on his body work but
Guerrero came alive down the stretch and took the round imo

Round 2 Guerrero
Guerrero cleaner hard shots

Round 3 Guerrero

Cleaner harder shots he is starting to bully Nicklow and his natural
size and harder punches are starting to take their toll imo

Guerrero nailed Nicklow with a huge! right hook. Guerrero
was whaling away on Nicklow after that, Nicklow showed
a great chin but it was starting to get a bit sickening the
kind of flush punches he was getting hit with.

Guerrero's extra natural size and power was too much in
the end. Guerrero got hit a bit too much for my liking, not
that he was getting nailed or anything but i think a little
more got through than he might have liked.

Watched the Guerrero fight last night. Young man has lots of potential

Bigdaddy_Vh
01-04-2010, 10:08 PM
just watched Lewis Rahman 1 and 2

MANGLER
01-04-2010, 10:18 PM
SSM vs DLH I

HaglerSteelChin
01-05-2010, 12:29 AM
I am going through a DVD set of the Morales fights and also Jones fights. I up to Morales vs Zaragosa(sp?) and Jones vs Griffith 1

Shadows
01-05-2010, 01:07 AM
Watched a bunch of Hozumi Hasegawa's early fights.

Chex31
01-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Morales - Barrera I

Shadows
01-05-2010, 11:16 AM
I just watched Kazuto Ioka vs Takashi Kunishige.

It was a pretty good performance IMO from Ioka given it's his third pro fight against a veteran crafty southpaw.

The ref was pretty lenient and there was a lot of fouling going on.

Shadows
01-05-2010, 11:15 PM
I watched Roman Gonzalez vs Katsunari Takayama. Takayama was out gunned and out matched but kept coming and never gave up. A really ballsy performance.

Probably going to watch Sahaprom vs Hasegawa I and some of Sahaprom's other fights in a little.

Dynamite Kid
01-08-2010, 05:03 AM
Yaqui Lopez vs Michael Spinks

Round 1 Lopez
On the good body work

Round 2 Lopez
More active landed solid shots

Round 3 Lopez great round
Spinks came out purposeful but he called
of the assault mid round and Lopez came back
well and was all over him by the end of the round
body shots look to be winding Spinks imo because
he took a gulp of air this round

Round 4 Spinks (What a war)
Spinks found his range and landed some nice
accurate punches particularly his straight right hand,
Lopez missed a lot imo.

Round 5 Spinks (close)

I felt Spinks just! edged this round with the
cleaner shots not much in it though

Round 6 Spinks (Another excellent round)
Spinks hurt Lopez in this round and landed
the cleaner shots although Lopez did come back
well toward the end.

Its seems Lopez may not have recovered from
the previous round because Spinks came out
and nailed him early in this round, dropped him
twice as the ref waved the fight off on the second
KD.

Great fight. I found this more exciting than the Lopez
vs Saad 2 fight myself. Lopez won most of the early round
with his pressure and body work however he seemed to step
off the pace about round 4 most likely because he was
starting to tire because of all the pressure he had been putting
on as he stopped pressing the gap Spinks seem to get more time
and space to pick to his counters, when Spinks
got his range he started landing some hard straight
right hands on Lopez.

1SILVA
01-08-2010, 07:05 AM

Round 1 Lopez
On the good body work

Round 2 Lopez

Lopez missed a lot imo.

Round 5 Spinks (close)

well toward the end.

KD.

right hands on Lopez.

Michael Spinks was the greatest 175 pound fighter of his era. One of the top five 175 pounders of all time.

Dynamite Kid
01-08-2010, 07:05 AM
Michael Spinks was the greatest 175 pound fighter of his era. One of the top five 175 pounders of all time.

How you see a Roy Jones fight going 1SILVA?

chrismart83
01-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Recently watched Leonard - Hagler and Barkley - Duran.

I had it :

Leonard 114 - Hagler 114
Barkley 113 - Duran 114

jkaisen41
01-09-2010, 10:40 AM

Yesterday I watched Hopkins-Trinidad...

This is really a masterpiece... the fight was a little different then I remember...

Trinidad really wanted to win but he ain't had the tools... the 10th round was baaaaaaaaaaaaaad... he let everything and tried everything in there.

Even though MW isn't Trinidad's best weight... he was still prime and wanted it bad... but Hopkins was too good... the punches he throws coming in are so good and so hard to defend... because the way he comes in you espect something different and he knew exactly what Trinidad thought which punch was coming.

The knockout shot was a thing of beauty as well...

P.WILL
01-10-2010, 06:13 PM
David Estrada vs Andre Berto
Good fight Estrada was losing rounds but was tagging Berto at times

roxy
01-11-2010, 05:18 AM
Just watched Hagler's last match with Sugar Ray Seales. Seales an olympian is a sad story. I wonder if his manager knew what a monster Hagler had become when they signed that fight.

alexx_2010
01-11-2010, 12:11 PM
I watched Bowe-Golota fights.

TheGreatA
01-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Ken Norton vs Jimmy Young.

There were clearly three stages in the fight, early on Young dominated, then Norton started to come back, and late in the fight Young himself made a comeback. Difficult fight to score considering both of their awkward styles. Young may have won his rounds more clearly but he allowed Norton to outwork him in too many since Norton was given the split decision nod.

Norton vs Randall 'Tex' Cobb

Norton was washed up and fought mostly off the ropes, but he displayed great stamina and power still. Cobb displayed an unbelievable granite-like chin that absorbed Norton's wild haymakers as if they were nothing. Norton came up big in the last round and battered Cobb from pillar to post but was unable to knock him down. He won a deserved split decision in a great fight.

Carlos Monzon vs Tom Bogs

Bogs was a skilled boxer and he made Monzon's jab miss often while scoring with his own counter punches, although Monzon picked off many. Monzon however piled up the punishment and started getting to Bogs with right hands and combinations. Eventually in the 5th round, Monzon started connecting with regularity and stunned Bogs who was only kept up by the ropes. The referee gave him an 8-count but it was not enough for Bogs to recover as Monzon landed a big right hand that knocked Bogs down again. Bogs was unnecessarily down two more times from Monzon's blows until the fight was finally stopped by the referee.

Bennie Briscoe vs Eugene 'Cyclone' Hart II

The two had fought to a draw earlier and were matched up again to determine who was Philadelphia's best middleweight. Briscoe, as usual, was the stalker while Hart was winging punches from his heels trying to score an early KO. The tables turned when Briscoe unloaded a series of straight lefts and rights while Hart was trapped against the ropes. Hart took a few while he was seemingly unconscious and was flattened in a single round. Briscoe was then overcome with joy as he jumped up and down and pounded the canvas, dealing it more damage than he probably had on Eugene Hart.

sonnyboyx2
01-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Gene Fullmer vs Benny`kid`Paret... brilliant & brutal fight

jjones10591
01-12-2010, 03:04 PM
where did you find the douglas verse tucker fight

S H O B O X
01-12-2010, 03:14 PM
i watched pete rademacher vs floyd patterson where the olympic gold medalist rademacher tried to make history by winning the heavweight championship on his pro debut , talk about easing yourself into the pro fight game!

tyger
01-12-2010, 04:36 PM
James Toney against Merqui Sosa. Both were undefeated and Sosa was pretty good. But Toney was better and so hard to hit.

mhager91490
01-12-2010, 06:37 PM
I watched McCallum-Collins last night. Collins really gets pasted in the first five or six rounds but makes a good comeback when McCallum slows down. I was a good entertaining fight.

Ziggy Stardust
01-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Tyson - Ruddock I and II. That second was a pain to score with all the point deductions.

Poet

Method Checker
01-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Lewis vs Holyfield I and Williams vs Martinez.

mhager91490
01-13-2010, 07:36 PM
I got my copy of Yuri Arbacachov-Muangchai Kittikasem in the mail yesterday and it was an excellent fight, whole lot of knockdowns that puncuate the action albeit it was a little one-sided, check it out.

New
01-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Lewis vs Holyfield I and Williams vs Martinez.

I just watched the Best of Ali last night.

TheGreatA
01-13-2010, 10:25 PM
Watched Eugene 'Cyclone' Hart knock out a journeyman early on in his career. Hart was very crude but his punching power was awesome. He also used the shoulder roll to deflect quite a few of his opponent's punches, although he didn't exactly match the likes of James Toney and Floyd Mayweather in doing so.

Floyd Patterson vs Don Grant

Patterson looked great in this fight and he had just turned 20 years old. Don Grant was a prospect himself but he never got to fulfill his promise because the brutal beating he absorbed from Patterson probably took a lot out of him. The fight was fought mostly on the inside and Patterson was landing 8 punch combinations at will. This fight included some of the fastest combinations you'll ever see.

mhager91490
01-13-2010, 10:37 PM
Watched Eugene 'Cyclone' Hart knock out a journeyman early on in his career. Hart was very crude but his punching power was awesome. He also used the shoulder roll to deflect quite a few of his opponent's punches, although he didn't exactly match the likes of James Toney and Floyd Mayweather in doing so.

Floyd Patterson vs Don Grant

Patterson looked great in this fight and he had just turned 20 years old. Don Grant was a prospect himself but he never got to fulfill his promise because the brutal beating he absorbed from Patterson probably took a lot out of him. The fight was fought mostly on the inside and Patterson was landing 8 punch combinations at will. This fight included some of the fastest combinations you'll ever see.

The way Hart tourqued his left hook made it look all the more brutal, the guy was a crowd pleaser.

TheGreatA
01-13-2010, 10:45 PM
The way Hart tourqued his left hook made it look all the more brutal, the guy was a crowd pleaser.

He threw the left hook with such force that he would sometimes actually spin around if he missed. But most top fighters were able to avoid that punch.

Hart stunned Hagler about as much as anyone I've seen though. Not that Hagler was truly in trouble.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gCqGUGhUgh0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gCqGUGhUgh0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
6:00

sonnyboyx2
01-14-2010, 02:59 AM
Pacquiao vs Barrera 1

markkerr101
01-14-2010, 03:09 AM
david haye vs barret

TheGreatA
01-14-2010, 06:31 PM
Watched a Wilfred Benitez featherweight amateur bout against a 19 year old Canadian southpaw Camil Huard, apparently from 1972. Benitez was announced as being 17 years of age but he was actually 13 or 14. Huard had some success early with his aggressive tactics but Benitez's superior class quickly told as he started firing back and hurt Huard in the first round. Neither were afraid to exchange punches but Benitez mostly had the better of it since he was easily able to slip Huard's punches while landing his own. After 3 rounds of action the decision went to Benitez without any question about it.

Along with that I watched two more Benitez early pro career fights against Lawrence Hafey and Al Hughes, both from 1974. Benitez had just turned 16 and in two years would win the light welterweight title from Antonio Cervantes. Benitez was truly a genius and had the skills and poise of a much more mature boxer than he actually was.

Marcov
01-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Wow that Benitez amateur bout must have been interesting.

Last night I watched Mark Medal vs Earl Hargrove. Hargrove was one of those guys that was knocking everybody out. I remember people thinking he was that good because he was getting them out early. At least til Medal exposed him. I liked Medal but he too was beat soon and lost the IBF title.

1SILVA
01-16-2010, 04:00 PM

Round 1 Lopez
On the good body work

Round 2 Lopez

Lopez missed a lot imo.

Round 5 Spinks (close)

well toward the end.

KD.

right hands on Lopez.

Just finished seeing Whitaker-Roger Mayweather from 1987. For those of you who believed Whitaker was a boring fighter, this will prove you wrong. Whitaker and Uncle Roger went toe to toe for 12 rounds. Whitaker dropped Roger in the first round, and was outslugging him when he began to tire in the 7th. In the 9th round, Uncle Roger caught Sweet Pea with a perfect right cross, and he went down and was out on his feet. Sweet Pea recovered, staggered Roger in the 11th, and won a unanimous decision. IMO, Whitaker's toughest in the first 10 years of his career

dde91
01-16-2010, 04:05 PM
Watched B-Hop vs Echols 2 the other night.

Thinking of watching Whitaker vs. Trinidad later.

JAB5239
01-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Ali vs Sonny Banks

The Surgeon
01-17-2010, 09:55 AM
I just watched Marquez vs Cassamayor and im about to put on Cordington vs Bika

HaglerSteelChin
01-17-2010, 10:01 AM
Hearns vs Pryor at 132 in an amateur fight. Hearns was giving a standing 8 count and lost the decision, Hearns was only like 17.

Dynamite Kid
01-17-2010, 10:20 AM
Just finished seeing Whitaker-Roger Mayweather from 1987. For those of you who believed Whitaker was a boring fighter, this will prove you wrong. Whitaker and Uncle Roger went toe to toe for 12 rounds. Whitaker dropped Roger in the first round, and was outslugging him when he began to tire in the 7th. In the 9th round, Uncle Roger caught Sweet Pea with a perfect right cross, and he went down and was out on his feet. Sweet Pea recovered, staggered Roger in the 11th, and won a unanimous decision. IMO, Whitaker's toughest in the first 10 years of his career

Yeah that is always the fight i tell people to watch when they call Whitaker a runner or say he did not fight with heart.

I also felt Whitaker's fights with Rivera ,Hurtado proves that Whitaker was not just a slick fighter, that he could also fight aggressively.

Anyone who thinks Whitaker did'nt stay in the pocket and bang it out from time to time should watch these fights.

Good call 1SILVA
:boxing::boxing:

The Surgeon
01-17-2010, 11:35 AM
Yeah that is always the fight i tell people to watch when they call Whitaker a runner or say he did not fight with heart.

I also felt Whitaker's fights with Rivera ,Hurtado proves that Whitaker was not just a slick fighter, that he could also fight aggressively.

Anyone who thinks Whitaker did'nt stay in the pocket and bang it out from time to time should watch these fights.

Good call 1SILVA
:boxing::boxing:
I have to say thats one i havent had the pleasure of watching. Yet.

Im watching Bert Cooper vs Holyfeild right now, wild fight and way under rated

American Dream
01-18-2010, 01:50 AM
just finished Jones vs Hill and Corrales/Castillo I
bout to put in Pryor/Arguello