View Full Version : George Foreman's fate

dionysius
10-15-2009, 02:06 AM
This is what every boxer should avoid, become another George Foreman.
He should be really famous like Ali or Tyson if he doesn't co-exist with Ali. Ali beats him, now he was like Buzz Aldrin... nobody knows him. a Child in Africa doesn't know him. He knows Ali Tyson Dela Hoya.:la::cool2:

JAB5239
10-15-2009, 02:25 AM
He should be really famous like Ali or Tyson if he doesn't co-exist with Ali. Ali beats him, now he was like Buzz Aldrin... nobody knows him. a Child in Africa doesn't know him. He knows Ali Tyson Dela Hoya.:la::cool2:

Don't be like Foreman if you're a boxer? Lol, ridiculous! One of the most feared and respected heavyweight in his first career. One of the most surprising and beloved in his second. From thug to religious community leader, and one of the wealthiest fighters ever, due to that transformation. Not a doubt in my mind every fighter in the world would kill to be like George.

MANGLER
10-15-2009, 02:28 AM
Foreman got a rep as 1 of the most monstrous fighters ever. His comeback career and title win over Moorer pushed him to legendary status. Holy got robbed by Val, so George still the record holder for oldest HW titlist. And not just boxing but his damn grill has made him famous as hell. I don't get this thread.

sleazyfellow
10-15-2009, 03:34 AM

Maybe in your mind hes not famous like Ali or Tyson, but even CASUAL fans know who he is, so he's just as well known as those guys.

As for buzz Aldrin, he walked on the moon, and attacked someone who claimed it was staged...Im not into that whole NASA BS, but people still know who he is too.

I think the title to this topic should be "Sonny Liston's fate" if anything.

dionysius
10-15-2009, 04:43 AM
http://inspiremeplease.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/slum-dog-millionaire1.jpg

For me, you're not really famous unless this kid knows who you are.

JAB5239
10-15-2009, 04:50 AM

That's ridiculous. Poor kid probably doesn't even know who his father is.

dionysius
10-15-2009, 04:58 AM
Foreman could kill Tyson in the ring, but this kid knows Tyson because he is the #1 in his Generation. Foreman is just #2 or #3 of his.:Flush:

JAB5239
10-15-2009, 05:15 AM

Foreman could kill Tyson in the ring, but this kid knows Tyson because he is the #1 in his Generation. Foreman is just #2 or #3 of his.:Flush:

Ok. So why should a boxer avoid becoming another George Foreman? Fame or not, only an idiot would rather be Mike than Georg.

Bushidō
10-15-2009, 01:14 PM
My gf doesn't watch boxing but she knows who Foreman is

MexicanMauler
10-15-2009, 01:20 PM
George Foreman? You mean the grill guy?

TheGreatA
10-15-2009, 01:48 PM
In my opinion every boxer should attempt to be like George Foreman. He retired from the ring with millions of dollars in the pocket and his faculties intact.

Stoppage
10-15-2009, 02:54 PM
George Foreman was one of the most dangerous heavyweights to get in the ring with. I don't know about you but if I was a heavyweight champion I would try and avoid fighting him.

mickey malone
10-15-2009, 03:05 PM
Lol... He's the 8th wonder of the world!.. Shortly after announcing his comeback, he was quoted as saying, ' I'm like a glass that's been turned upside down for 10 years.' How bloody true.. He regained the world title by KO, invented a billion dollar grill and re retired while still as sharp as a tack... God, I envy the man!

dionysius
10-15-2009, 10:13 PM
Lol... He's the 8th wonder of the world!.. Shortly after announcing his comeback, he was quoted as saying, ' I'm like a glass that's been turned upside down for 10 years.' How bloody true.. He regained the world title by KO, invented a billion dollar grill and re retired while still as sharp as a tack... God, I envy the man!

it doesn't matter. only boxing fans knew him. A blond girl in Australia doesn't know him.

Ziggy Stardust
10-15-2009, 10:25 PM
it doesn't matter. only boxing fans knew him. A blond girl in Australia doesn't know him.

Yeah, but as a boxing fan why should I care what some blonde Aussie bimbo thinks?

Poet

Princemanspopa
10-15-2009, 10:51 PM

Um,most people in the western world knows who George Foreman is,do you have any idea how of those damn grills were sold?

Besides that Foreman was a big draw in his comeback.He marketed himself very well in that respect and HBO made a huge mistake in letting him go as a commentator.

JAB5239
10-16-2009, 05:20 AM

I fail to see your point. The blond down the street has no clue who you are. What does that have to do with why a boxer shouldn't aspire to be like Foreman? Not everybody can have the fame of an Ali, Tyson or DeLaHoya. But hell, if you're going to be a fighter, or anything else for that matter, whats wrong with George?

mickey malone
10-16-2009, 05:50 AM
Providing she doesn't have an interest in cooking, that MAY be the case, but hardly a FATE, is it?

blacklodge
10-16-2009, 08:52 AM
I don't get it. I would say it's an absolute fact that Foreman's popularity rivals Tyson, is moreso that DLH, and only less known than Ali or, like, Michael Jordan. He's a household name. Jesus.

BennyST
10-16-2009, 10:21 AM

Jesus christ man, but you are one stupid ****er. Sorry fellas for being rude in the history section but this is just plain idiocy.

Take this crap back to NSB where this useless, pointless, inane dribble belongs.

Until then, stop making such stupid damn threads. :nonono:

Arghhhh:banghead:

BennyST
10-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Oh yeah, and just to let this guy know, I would guarantee that Foreman has been on mainstream TV and is a more well known face and name across the globe to your average joe, or middle-class housewife than Oscar is.

Maybe you're too young to remember the million and one commercials, infomercials, chat shows, cooking shows etc etc etc that he did. Nearly anyone over the age of fourteen, which is the reason you wouldn't know this, would have seen Foreman any number of times on TV doing his thing. He became the most recognisable boxer in the world by far, apart from Tyson, with his marketing campaign for his comeback. Damn, he was on Oprah! How many boxers you know that went on Oprah huh? How many millions of ladies etc around the world would know him through watching that but wouldn't know any other fighter huh?

Not only that but if you ask people who actually know something about boxing history what the most incredible feat by any boxer is ever, they will inevitably say, or at least 70-80% will, that it was George Foreman's comeback win after a ten year retirement for the heavyweight championship of the world over Moorer at the age of 45.

:pat:

SeattleSeahawks
10-23-2009, 08:12 PM
people know who de la hoya is because he is mexican and you know how much white americans worship mexicans

nobody wants to end up like ali, sane pople would want to end u lie foreman

Jawz
10-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Here in England not a lot of people know who de la Hoya is, almost everybody has a George Foreman grill.

blacklodge
10-23-2009, 10:02 PM
I will take it as far as to say that if you strip away the understory, that Michael Moorer was a smaller heavyweight with a questionable chin and heart and just look at the sheer accomplishment of George Foreman winning the legitimate heavyweight championship at his age knocking out a young legitimate champion, I don't think there is a bigger single accomplishment in all of sports.