View Full Version : Cual es tu primer memoria sobre el boxeo?

RavshinRicRude
10-14-2009, 05:31 PM
I member sitting down with pops when I was a kid to watch Pipino Cuevaz fights...sacaban las chips y unas chelas con sus amigos and I would tag along to watch

Desde entonces siempre me gusto el boxeo....

Eric Holder
10-14-2009, 09:29 PM
la primera pelea entre Oscar De La Hoya y Julio Cesar Chavez

IwatchBoxing
10-15-2009, 01:27 AM
Oquendo vs Bryd, no one in Miami watches boxing lol, I just turned to HBO and there it was.

mercadojglb
10-15-2009, 03:00 AM
Cuando Chavez le partio todo el osico a Taylor :boxing:

Sumthang bit me
10-15-2009, 03:12 AM
Going to see my tio fight at some fair.

I mostly played in the dirt though, I was quite young.

supRa
10-15-2009, 04:06 AM
tito y hopkins... me acuerdo mas pork fue semanas despues de la torres..

Cuauhtémoc1520
10-15-2009, 11:02 AM
I member sitting down with pops when I was a kid to watch Pepino Cuevaz fights...sacaban las chips y unas chelas con sus amigos and I would tag along to watch

Pepino was my boy!!

My first memories was of Salvador Sanchez, Ray Leonard and Ali. Me and my father would watch the fights, actually the whole family would get together and watch all the big fights. Back in the day, they were on Wide World of Sports on ABC.

Damn I'm dating my self.....fuk it.

Derranged
10-15-2009, 12:00 PM
My clearest memory of a boxing match was Tyson vs. Douglass in 1990, I was about 8 and a half years old.

I was watching Tyson vs. Spinks, but I think by the time it came on I was dozing off and by the time I woke up it was over.

The Underboss
10-15-2009, 03:49 PM
the first time i ever witnessed the sport of boxing was watching rocky II when i was 6 years old.

The Underboss
10-15-2009, 03:51 PM
but the 1st real boxing fight i ever watched i really don't remember, i think it was DLH-Trinidad back in '99.

RavshinRicRude
10-18-2009, 06:05 PM
but the 1st real boxing fight i ever watched i really don't remember, i think it was DLH-Trinidad back in '99.

Damn dawgy you must be a youngen!!! hahahaha

jtcs1981
02-06-2012, 05:56 PM
Mi papa siempre veia las peleas. Era bien fanatico de Sugar Ray Leonard, Thomas Hearn y Hagler. Cuando Tyson peleaba esa era la norma en las casa, pero no me interesaba. Preferia jugar basket o baseball. La primera pelea que me sente con calma a tratar de entender fue Chavez vs Camacho. Recuerdo que en mi casa nadie iba a Camacho. Lo de arrogante molestaba a muchos.

BTW, este es un excelente thread. I dont know why we let things like this get forgotten.

!! AI-Holmes!!
02-06-2012, 06:57 PM
His name is José Isidro "Pipino" Cuevas González, not "pepino."
In a boxing website, he should be remember as such..

RavshinRicRude
02-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Mi papa siempre veia las peleas. Era bien fanatico de Sugar Ray Leonard, Thomas Hearn y Hagler. Cuando Tyson peleaba esa era la norma en las casa, pero no me interesaba. Preferia jugar basket o baseball. La primera pelea que me sente con calma a tratar de entender fue Chavez vs Camacho. Recuerdo que en mi casa nadie iba a Camacho. Lo de arrogante molestaba a muchos.

BTW, este es un excelente thread. I dont know why we let things like this get forgotten.

You going through the old archives huh?? reviving some legit threads kid!

jtcs1981
02-06-2012, 07:26 PM
You going through the old archives huh?? reviving some legit threads kid!

I cant do **** on Mondays. So I start looking around and found interesting topics. Also, notice that there are a lot of other boricuas that used to post here. It seems like stupid wars arent helping to keep this lounge together. Si los otros paises tienen el suyo y hablan en su idioma, porque nosotros no podemos hacer lo mismo. Podemos insultarnos en NSB, pero aqui creo que debe ser a chilliar y pasar el rato.

ELHURACAN58
02-06-2012, 08:38 PM
My father went to grandpas house to see the fight. Usually I stayed at home.

I was eight years old and it was De La Joya-Tito fight. Just before the fight I fell asleep, but when the fight started everyone began screaming and woke me up.

Seeing Tito win was the greatest thing ever, I became a puerto rican boxing fan, and then not until 2004 did I began to watch boxing in general.

TheMexHurricane
02-06-2012, 08:42 PM
I member sitting down with pops when I was a kid to watch Pipino Cuevaz fights...sacaban las chips y unas chelas con sus amigos and I would tag along to watch

I remember hearing the first Leonard-Hearns fight on the radio. Leonard was my hero when I was a kid.

RavshinRicRude
02-06-2012, 11:25 PM
I cant do **** on Mondays. So I start looking around and found interesting topics. Also, notice that there are a lot of other boricuas that used to post here. It seems like stupid wars arent helping to keep this lounge together. Si los otros paises tienen el suyo y hablan en su idioma, porque nosotros no podemos hacer lo mismo. Podemos insultarnos en NSB, pero aqui creo que debe ser a chilliar y pasar el rato.

No fuken doubt son.......you ain't eva lied........I welcome the boriqua AAAAND every other Latino poster.........there are only a few muf***ggin idiots who hate....but for the most part we all good......

green k for you my good sir.......

LeG00N
02-06-2012, 11:29 PM
I remember .....the Oscar vs Chavez fights.

I don't remember the actual fights themselves but how everyone was talking about them, how they were complaining about how much money they had lost etc.

The biggest fight I remember vividly would be Oscar - Tito

J-Smooth
02-07-2012, 12:49 AM
the first fights i remember are de la hoya/vargas & de la hoya/mosley 2

Taino79
02-07-2012, 01:02 AM
I think mine started with John Jonh Molina Vs. Oscar De La Hoya.

RavshinRicRude
02-07-2012, 01:29 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nOpSrXLnItg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MEXGBP
02-07-2012, 01:29 PM
mi primer memoria de boxeo fue cuando cantiflas le puso una herradura a los guantes de box:lol1::lol1:

hablando serio mis primeras memorias del box es cuando tenia unos 11-12 anos y mi jefe me llevaba a una bar que se llamaba el leon del mar en el monte ca, miramos chavez vs sammy fuentes y muchas mas como chavez vs maywheather II

RavshinRicRude
02-07-2012, 01:31 PM
mi primer memoria de boxeo fue cuando cantiflas le puso una herradura a los guantes de box:lol1::lol1:

hablando serio mis primeras memorias del box es cuando tenia unos 11-12 anos y mi jefe me llevaba a una bar que se llamaba el leon del mar en el monte ca, miramos chavez vs sammy fuentes y muchas mas como chavez vs maywheather II

well in that case........ahhahahaah

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slideshows/151/slideshow_15109/display_image.jpg?x=279375

chiguy91
02-08-2012, 11:08 PM
barrera/hamed es la primera pelea que he visto en su totalidad. recuerdo que mi padrino tiro una barbacoa durante el día y en la noche la familia se reunieron en el salon para verlo. cuando vi la entrada de Hamed pense que era algun tipo de WWF :lol1:.

RavshinRicRude
02-09-2012, 12:55 PM
barrera/hamed es la primera pelea que he visto en su totalidad. recuerdo que mi padrino tiro una barbacoa durante el día y en la noche la familia se reunieron en el salon para verlo. cuando vi la entrada de Hamed pense que era algun tipo de WWF :lol1:.

Ese guey valio con la mas fea esa noche.....le metieron una buena friega.....that was a great night!!!!

RIZO24
02-09-2012, 02:20 PM
My first memories of boxing were going to the gym to see my older brother work out and sparr. I also joined and trained for a couple of years along with my brother and other kid from the neighborhood in Azusa, Cali..The first fight I can remember watching was Chavez sr. vs Roger Mayweather. Everyone hated Mayweather because he had beat so many Mexicans and tauntd Mexicans by wearing a sombrero to the ring... It was fun watchig Chavez beat Mayweather down..

RavshinRicRude
02-09-2012, 04:06 PM
My first memories of boxing were going to the gym to see my older brother work out and sparr. I also joined and trained for a couple of years along with my brother and other kid from the neighborhood in Azusa, Cali..The first fight I can remember watching was Chavez sr. vs Roger Mayweather. Everyone hated Mayweather because he had beat so many Mexicans and tauntd Mexicans by wearing a sombrero to the ring... It was fun watchig Chavez beat Mayweather down..

daaaaaamn son you datin yo self!! hahhaa.....nah just bustin yo chops son........dude the Chavez fights were always EVENTS!!!!!! I LOVED the beatdowns he gave Haugen and Camacho........I had mixed feelings bout the ODLH fights...........