View Full Version : I ****ing hate!! Mike Tyson fans

Dynamite Kid
10-13-2009, 05:33 PM
I ****ing hate!! Mike Tyson (Die Hards) fans, bunch of deluded fools!

They make me so angry :banghead:

That is all.

Zarco
10-13-2009, 05:35 PM
then im guessing you hate oprah

Mersey
10-13-2009, 05:36 PM

That is all.

I understand why.

You can't be the GOAT because you have potential.

THE REED™
10-13-2009, 05:37 PM
I cant possibly understand being that upset over someone being a fan of someone else?????

Dynamite Kid
10-13-2009, 05:38 PM
I understand why.

You can't be the GOAT because you have potential.

They just dont apply any!! commonsense at all, everytime you make a valid point there is another excuse and it drives me nutz, im like wake the **** up!! and listen to yourself.

Dynamite Kid
10-13-2009, 05:41 PM
I cant possibly understand being that upset over someone being a fan of someone else?????

Fan/nuthugger

Big difference.

Shadow boxer 3
10-13-2009, 05:48 PM
u act like NSB is full of tyson threads or something

Dynamite Kid
10-13-2009, 05:50 PM
u act like NSB is full of tyson threads or something

Im referring to Tyson fans on another forum but majority of Tyson fans are all the same anyway imo.

1SILVA
10-13-2009, 06:52 PM

That is all.

That's nothing compared to the Zab nuthuggers. At least Tyson will be inducted into the IBHOF. Zab will go down as one of the worst cases of blown potential.

Princemanspopa
10-13-2009, 06:56 PM
This is what happens with a guy in his late 20's,who's cooped up in his mothers house with nothing to do and with access to a computer,he makes retarded,irrelevant threads such as these.

You've made quite a number of threads on Michael Gerard Tyson yourself,discrediting him in many ways and yet you come here and cry about his fans? Somebody needs to get out more.

T3dBundy
10-13-2009, 07:08 PM
i dont care if u hate tyson fans.
tyson knocked out someone in 91seconds holmes couldnt even KD in 30 rounds.
before jail he was a great fighter, the ruddock fights showed this.

Benny Leonard
10-13-2009, 07:08 PM
I separate "Excuses" from "Reasons" but the big one with me is debating the "Greatest of All Time" remark. I'm a Tyson fan but that "GOAT" remark holds no leverage. One big knock on him should actually be that he made poor choices as Champion. For instance: You hear people blame King and Robin G. Well, who the hell let them into his life? answer: Tyson. Who got rid of Rooney? answer: Tyson. Who stopped training properly? answer: Tyson. Who failed to take his full abilities into the 90's let alone in the Douglas fight? answer: Tyson.

Tyson threw away his career because he made the wrong choices. D'Amato handed him the mechanics to be a great fighter, a Team to go with it, and Tyson threw it away. In many ways, it is actually a slap in the face to his "Mentor" to have thrown it all the way. He should have just retired after Spinks like he said he was going to do. You can't handle the pressure then either adapt or get out. Don't self-destruct and sabotage what was being cemented in stone.

Just look at other Champions, like Jack Johnson: Johnson had a lot of pressure placed on him. No, he wasn't as young as Tyson and didn't live in the media age being the biggest star in the World making millions...but screw that when you are a considered a N***** in KKK America and contine to be THE HW CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. Now that is stressful. And what did Johnson do? He laughed at White Society by beating their men and ****ing their Women.

Ali: Ali was a young Champ too. Not as young as Tyson, but still young. Then he turns Muslim in a largely Christian society and goes on to preach "Black is Beautiful" in a still racist society. Now unlike Johnson, Ali did have heavy backing from the NOI so his test was easier than Jack's...but Ali still kept on track and kept his trainer (who was white, although some don't consider Italians to be white) and came out on top in his era.
Ali didn't go to jail for 3 years like Tyson where you can lose your mind let alone rust away physically, but Ali did have a 3 year layoff; and when he came back, unlike Tyson, Ali kept strong and won against HOF fighters.

Now maybe not completely the same for all the men above because each were given different tests in life, and they led different lives from birth; but Tyson still didn't pass with an "A" because that would mean that he was #1 in his era (despite the bombs that come at you).
I'll give him a passing grade just for the fact he actually lived through it when the odds for him to be dead by now was greater than the Douglas loss. 20 year old Champion, unified by 22/23, one of the biggest Stars boxing and athletics has ever had, etc. etc. etc. has a family and may be on the path of living a normal life...not to bad. It's passing.

The thing is, when we go that deep into it, things change for legacy. The full test given can't be lumped in an judged all the same with the rest.
But Tyson was not The Greatest of All Time and he was not the Greatest of his Era because he failed to take what got him there, that talent both born and taught...that made him a unified Champion...failed to take it with him into the Douglas fight and on to the 90's where he would have been tested to see just how "Great" he was.

The Main point with Tyson I do make is this: NO version of Tyson post-Rooney, post Spinks, could have beaten the Tyson that won the title against Berbick, unified, and then solidified the HW division against Spinks.
And for all of the above I say, I still wasn't in Tyson's place so I can't write this down in ink as if it should be the gold statement on Tyson. It's just the opinion for the day written with a pencil.

The Iron Man
10-13-2009, 10:57 PM
I consider myself as one of the biggest Tyson fans around, but i feel i am pretty fair in his ranking and would in no way consider him the GOAT. I dont think i am a nuthugger or biased towards him either!.

Its a bit unfair to hate all Tyson fans!

Benny Leonard has said all that needs to be said, i cant really add to that.

1SILVA
10-14-2009, 12:14 AM
I separate "Excuses" from "Reasons" but the big one with me is debating the "Greatest of All Time" remark. I'm a Tyson fan but that "GOAT" remark holds no leverage. One big knock on him should actually be that he made poor choices as Champion. For instance: You hear people blame King and Robin G. Well, who the hell let them into his life? answer: Tyson. Who got rid of Rooney? answer: Tyson. Who stopped training properly? answer: Tyson. Who failed to take his full abilities into the 90's let alone in the Douglas fight? answer: Tyson.

Tyson threw away his career because he made the wrong choices. D'Amato handed him the mechanics to be a great fighter, a Team to go with it, and Tyson threw it away. In many ways, it is actually a slap in the face to his "Mentor" to have thrown it all the way. He should have just retired after Spinks like he said he was going to do. You can't handle the pressure then either adapt or get out. Don't self-destruct and sabotage what was being cemented in stone.

Just look at other Champions, like Jack Johnson: Johnson had a lot of pressure placed on him. No, he wasn't as young as Tyson and didn't live in the media age being the biggest star in the World making millions...but screw that when you are a considered a N***** in KKK America and contine to be THE HW CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. Now that is stressful. And what did Johnson do? He laughed at White Society by beating their men and ****ing their Women.

Ali: Ali was a young Champ too. Not as young as Tyson, but still young. Then he turns Muslim in a largely Christian society and goes on to preach "Black is Beautiful" in a still racist society. Now unlike Johnson, Ali did have heavy backing from the NOI so his test was easier than Jack's...but Ali still kept on track and kept his trainer (who was white, although some don't consider Italians to be white) and came out on top in his era.
Ali didn't go to jail for 3 years like Tyson where you can lose your mind let alone rust away physically, but Ali did have a 3 year layoff; and when he came back, unlike Tyson, Ali kept strong and won against HOF fighters.

Now maybe not completely the same for all the men above because each were given different tests in life, and they led different lives from birth; but Tyson still didn't pass with an "A" because that would mean that he was #1 in his era (despite the bombs that come at you).
I'll give him a passing grade just for the fact he actually lived through it when the odds for him to be dead by now was greater than the Douglas loss. 20 year old Champion, unified by 22/23, one of the biggest Stars boxing and athletics has ever had, etc. etc. etc. has a family and may be on the path of living a normal life...not to bad. It's passing.

The thing is, when we go that deep into it, things change for legacy. The full test given can't be lumped in an judged all the same with the rest.
But Tyson was not The Greatest of All Time and he was not the Greatest of his Era because he failed to take what got him there, that talent both born and taught...that made him a unified Champion...failed to take it with him into the Douglas fight and on to the 90's where he would have been tested to see just how "Great" he was.

The Main point with Tyson I do make is this: NO version of Tyson post-Rooney, post Spinks, could have beaten the Tyson that won the title against Berbick, unified, and then solidified the HW division against Spinks.
And for all of the above I say, I still wasn't in Tyson's place so I can't write this down in ink as if it should be the gold statement on Tyson. It's just the opinion for the day written with a pencil.

Very well said

MANGLER
10-14-2009, 12:17 AM

That is all.

Not much Tyson talk round here lately, only about his Oprah interview. Where's all this comin from?

sonnyboyx2
10-14-2009, 12:21 AM

Very good post indeed.. i agree with all that you say, i could not have said it better, however i must raise the sentence you say, "Tyson was not the best of his era" who was then? ... pleae dont fall flat on your face and say Lennox Lewis... He was a 1rd KO for 86-96 Tyson

sonnyboyx2
01-08-2010, 12:05 PM

That is all.

is there anyone other than Lewis you actually like?

GJC
01-08-2010, 02:12 PM

Great post Benny.
I like Tyson he was a very exciting fighter.
Re his fans I appreciate he bought a lot of fans into the sport so that can never be a bad thing.
I think his fans who believe boxing started and finished with Tyson are robbing themselves of the best this sport has to offer.
For those who started following boxing with Tyson and as they got more into the sport started to look at other fighters and some of the old school fighters then good for them and they make a valid contribution to these forums.

project xxx1
01-08-2010, 02:16 PM

That is all.
dude do you actually like anyone?you sound very angry,i think you need to visit anger mangement classes

Kiid Dynamite
01-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Tyson only gets rated GOAT by people who dont actually know much about boxing.

The people who rate Tyson the best ever are either talking about him having the potential to be or the people who only know Tyson and ALI.. after that their lost