View Full Version : Need some advice

and11200
03-20-2005, 02:21 PM
Howdy y'all,

I recently wanted to get back into boxing. I used to box when I was about 11, just learning how to take hits and such. But now I'm 19, 6'5" and only about 190 pounds. I was told by a local trainer that given my height, my best bet would be to bulk up, and as he put it 'I'm gonna turn you into a f-ing tank!'. I just wanted to know if this was a good idea before I start packing on the pounds. I will of course be putting on muscle mass, and won't just be eating huge loads of food.

Also, what type of punches/punch comboc would y'all recommend for the folks with long arms?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Andy

Echojaybird
03-20-2005, 11:26 PM
Do what your trainer tells you. Hopefully he's an experienced trainer and knows what he's doing. You are light for your height, but that can mean a greater advantage in the lower weight classes.

As for the long arms... outboxing can be a good strategy, but figure out what works best for you.

Echo

BadMagick
03-21-2005, 12:00 AM
He's 190, looking to bulk up. He's gonna be a heavyweight, assuming his trainer is serious when he says he's going to bulk him up.

As far as combos, and such, go with what your trainer suggests.

Dyl-G
03-21-2005, 03:51 AM
all about what your trainer says broham, we can give you advice but itll be remedial to what ur trainer can tell you

jeffmills
03-23-2005, 07:13 AM
Also, what type of punches/punch comboc would y'all recommend for the folks with long arms?

Straight punches. develop a strong jab and learn to back it up with your right hand. And learn to move with your feet well and keep your opponent at the end of your punches.