No announcement yet.

Robotic Boxing Trainer - Unique

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robotic Boxing Trainer - Unique

Now here is a pretty ingenius invention for developing your blocking skills and reaction speed. It's called the Robotic Boxing Trainer (RBT). You have to love this man's passion to build a better mouse trap for boxing. He Looks pretty solid for 56 years old, too.

Links from his site to Youtube video's of RBT

Nice job from a devoted boxing fan..... I also like the inventive heavybag modification and speed bag nearby....

Wow.

That's actually pretty cool.

Comment

that is sick
      were can i get one lol

Comment

It's ******ed. You can never replicate what it would be like to spar with actual human competition. I'd spend my $$$ on private lessons with an elite trainer for what that thing costs.

Comment

damn thats funky

Comment

If you read the site, it didn't claim to act as a sparring partner. It merely claims to be at tool to training. Does your speed bag, heavy bag, double end bag, etc, act like a sparring partner? Do you have those or did you spend your money rather on a trainer?

It is obviously open to inputs, no matter positive or negative. One thing is for sure, whoever boxes against it will get hit, no matter what their claims.

Comment

does it vacuum carpets?

Comment

Originally posted by atgatt View Post
                If you read the site, it didn't claim to act as a sparring partner. It merely claims to be at tool to training. Does your speed bag, heavy bag, double end bag, etc, act like a sparring partner? Do you have those or did you spend your money rather on a trainer?

It is obviously open to inputs, no matter positive or negative. One thing is for sure, whoever boxes against it will get hit, no matter what their claims.
                It doesn't claim to act as a sparring partner, yet half of the main page has a comparison chart with the benifits of the robot over a sparring partner...I still think it's ******ed.
                Last edited by rskumm21; 10-13-2009, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by atgatt View Post

And you're the guy who invented it, so of course you'd say something like that. My sped bag, heavy bag and double end bag have been in boxing gyms for years. I think I'll stick with those. Good Luck with your robot.
                  Last edited by rskumm21; 10-13-2009, 12:17 PM.

Comment

rsk, that is not the reason for "so of course I would say something like that."

Is it below me to ask for logical reasons why? What claim is not right in the comparison of the sparring partner to the RBT? Am I lying?

Because your boxing bags have been in gyms for years makes anything new not beneficial?

So I could accept it being called ******ed, but please understand why you'd want legitimate reasons why if you were in my shoes. But if you don't want to give logical reasons why and just make a statement, that's fine and I will have to leave it at that.

We both agree that there is nothing like a trainer and a sparring partner. I'm sorry if I somehow gave that impression. Still, there are tools to help fighting techniques make a person better at real fighting.

Agreed too, it does seem stupid and ******ed. I am being honest about it when I just sat and looked at it. I often thought what a waist of my time making it, but every time I box against, I have a ball even though it is a workout and smacks me around. At least I get hit less as time goes on and hit it more. So it did teach me something and still does.

Comment

Working...
                    X