View Full Version : why is there robberies on fight night round 4 ?

robjr
10-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Middleweight fight ranked online. So I pick mosley. And the dude im against quickly changes his choice to ray robinson before I can do anything.. b!tch move..

Long story short this goes to a split decision.. no knockdowns or point deductions.

I land 490/793

he lands 340/648

1 judge gives to me 98-92

2 other judges give him 96-94

teddy atlas made comment at end about them getting licenses revoked lol..

I just confused if I missed something here?? or did they want this to be so realistic to real boxing that they wanted robberies on here???

my 1st loss online, this guy was ranked 87th on xbox live when I checked. And I boxed his ears off. I wasnt even ranked yet, handt played alot online yet. I am now 15-1... lame.

Sαntα
10-12-2009, 06:11 PM
Middleweight fight ranked online. So I pick mosley. And the dude im against quickly changes his choice to ray robinson before I can do anything.. b!tch move..

Long story short this goes to a split decision.. no knockdowns or point deductions.

I land 490/793

he lands 340/648

I just confused if I missed something here?? or did they want this to be so realistic to real boxing that they wanted robberies on here???

my 1st loss online, this guy was ranked 87th on xbox live when I checked. And I boxed his ears off. I wasnt even ranked yet, handt played alot online yet. I am now 15-1... lame.
http://rumblepack.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/smells_like_bull****.jpg

robjr
10-12-2009, 06:18 PM
http://rumblepack.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/smells_like_bull****.jpg

ya bro it stinks bad. but im tellin the truth.. I had no idea they made the game this way. realistic yes.. but why do they have to do it on a video game?? its numbers for god sake.. a computer can read numbers.. right?

ИATAS
10-12-2009, 06:21 PM
I've fought 300-something online fights and never had a bad decision like that, lol so I guess you just got unlucky. I've had a few fights that I knew I lost, but thought I won more rounds than I did in the end.

Also, posting the punch stats isn't the whole story of the fight, so it's impossible to say. It's not like it's a program that simply reads who landed more punches, there is more involved than just that.

robjr
10-12-2009, 07:20 PM
I've fought 300-something online fights and never had a bad decision like that, lol so I guess you just got unlucky. I've had a few fights that I knew I lost, but thought I won more rounds than I did in the end.

Also, posting the punch stats isn't the whole story of the fight, so it's impossible to say. It's not like it's a program that simply reads who landed more punches, there is more involved than just that.

yea, the decisions seem to be alot more random on here though. fnr3 it was quite basic and the obvious winner won. There is alot of random judge scores on this..

still though. I landed 150 more punches.. ridiculous..

Left2body
10-13-2009, 12:28 AM
I have over 200 fights online and triple that with friends chilling. I have never seen something that crazy. I have seen some crazy scores but not with the stats you gave. There has to be something more to it.

But from what I gather the 3 judges have all been calibrated slightly differently to give higher importance to different aspects of the game. *Note this only comes into affect in relatively close rounds.

1 Ref gives very high importance to connect %.

1 Ref gives very high importance to connect volume.

1 Ref: I don't know what the last gives highest importance to.

I have noticed this most when playing one particular friend with whom we have very distinct differing styles and usually 2 ref's give fairly wide variances in score

Ref 1 has Me up 7-5 or 8-4 other has it 7-5 or 8-4 exact opposite.

My friend is a back peddler with low output since he looks to counter with back steps, counter my jabs as I come in and move out of the way for the most part. He lands at a much higher percentage than me.

However I land at a much higher volume and do more damage since I am a better in-fighter and also land more haymakers and counters when we get inside.

robjr
10-13-2009, 02:36 AM
I have over 200 fights online and triple that with friends chilling. I have never seen something that crazy. I have seen some crazy scores but not with the stats you gave. There has to be something more to it.

But from what I gather the 3 judges have all been calibrated slightly differently to give higher importance to different aspects of the game. *Note this only comes into affect in relatively close rounds.

1 Ref gives very high importance to connect %.

1 Ref gives very high importance to connect volume.

1 Ref: I don't know what the last gives highest importance to.

I have noticed this most when playing one particular friend with whom we have very distinct differing styles and usually 2 ref's give fairly wide variances in score

Ref 1 has Me up 7-5 or 8-4 other has it 7-5 or 8-4 exact opposite.

My friend is a back peddler with low output since he looks to counter with back steps, counter my jabs as I come in and move out of the way for the most part. He lands at a much higher percentage than me.

However I land at a much higher volume and do more damage since I am a better in-fighter and also land more haymakers and counters when we get inside.

dude i honestly should of took pics of this so yall could see it to believe it. i speak the truth

STILL_DETOX
10-13-2009, 02:37 AM
lol i never had 1 of those...the rounds are won pretty clearly wen i fight

Sαntα
10-13-2009, 03:03 AM
lol i never had 1 of those...the rounds are won pretty clearly wen i fight

I'm stealing your avatar.

Left2body
10-13-2009, 07:45 AM
dude i honestly should of took pics of this so yall could see it to believe it. i speak the truth

Dude you've been posting on BS long enough that I truly do believe. I'm just saying that I've never seen that type of scenario. Like I said the farthest discrepancies I've seen in judges scores has been between a busier higher landing volume and lower connect % against a lower volume higher connect %.

Which is kinda understandable and I'm cool with that. I just never seen a guy land better connect % and higher volume and lose the rounds.

More details would help in trying to de-engineer their scores i.e. were there multiple points where someone was dazed? Also sometimes you can lose 3 relatively close rounds but Clearly win 2 rounds and that can skew overall punch stat numbers.

i.e. Round 1 Fighter A lands 8-12 Fighter B lands 5-10
Round 2 Fighter A lands 9-10 Fighter B lands 6-8
Round 3 Fighter A lands 6-14 Fighter B lands 15-18

In this scenario if we were given just the overall punch stats of Fighter A landed 23/36 and Fighter B landed 26/36 we would say it was a robbery. But if broken down by round it would make sense why Fighter A won.

Mind you this isn't even adding in other factors such as types of shots thrown, damage done or if a fighter was dazed or not.

Freddy Krueger
10-13-2009, 09:46 AM
What were the majority of those punches. Do you have the stats for your jabs, body punching and so on too? Maybe he landed certain punches the judges give more points too for whatever reason. Was he constantly throwing hay-makers and cheap **** like that? You may have been fighting someone who was constantly using hay-makers in their body shots and other punches. I'm sure they ripped you off and gave him credit for using bs Hay-makers and thats how he got 2 score cards with 96-94 on them.

Bushidō
10-13-2009, 01:52 PM
I never had a decision that bad but once I was playing my legacy mode. And I was using Cotto and moved up to middleweight. I was beating the crap out of Pavlik knocked him down a 3rd time and then the ref stopped it. I thought I won but they stopped it cause I was too bloody and swollen. Pavlik barely got up from the knockdown then they stopped the fight that moment and I lost

Bushidō
10-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Random but anyone try using Toney online? Its hard to use him cause any other heavyweight hits harder than him. So even if you connect more you always get stunned. Ah but I guess it makes you more careful

Freddy Krueger
10-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Toney wasn't strong at heavyweight, so thats about right on his stats on heavyweight. But I don't know how weak they made him, since he is a download-bale character which cost money.

Bushidō
10-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Toney wasn't strong at heavyweight, so thats about right on his stats on heavyweight. But I don't know how weak they made him, since he is a download-bale character which cost money.

He's only downloadable as a Middleweight. He's in the game already as a Heavyweight. Yeah just wish they made his chin a little better.

Freddy Krueger
10-13-2009, 03:30 PM
He's only downloadable as a Middleweight. He's in the game already as a Heavyweight. Yeah just wish they made his chin a little better.

At middleweight he should have KO power, so if they ****ed him up at middleweight then they suck.

Bushidō
10-13-2009, 03:42 PM
I like to use Toney cause I like to try to fight like him in the game. As in be lazy and hang out on the ropes and try to counter haha

robjr
10-13-2009, 04:09 PM
yea i landed 150 more punches... judging blows my mind..

ИATAS
10-13-2009, 04:47 PM
Middleweight James Toney is a badass on this game. I use the heavyweight Toney often as well, but it's obviously very challenging if you're opponent is: George Foreman, Klitschko's, Lewis or Ali. You have to be extremely smart/careful and defensive. But it's not impossible to beat these guys you're just at a disadvantage in the power and/or speed department, but if you have good defense & countering skills against a lot of players that's enough to win.

Left2body
10-13-2009, 05:02 PM
Yeah, I also really like the Middle Weight Version of James Toney. I feel comfortable with him versus any other Middleweight although I think Hagler is slightly better.

robjr
10-13-2009, 09:39 PM
I still gota download the new fighters..

P.WILL
10-13-2009, 09:43 PM
i was playing a game against the CPU or whatever its called
i was de la hoya and i was dominating corrales and i was about 1 punch from knocking him out then the ref steps in and says im taking too much damage i was like WTF?????

Left2body
10-13-2009, 11:11 PM
i was playing a game against the CPU or whatever its called
i was de la hoya and i was dominating corrales and i was about 1 punch from knocking him out then the ref steps in and says im taking too much damage i was like WTF?????

De La Hoya vs Corrales bit of a size mismatch wouldn't you say? Also yeah, I lost a fight on damage before to. Seems that Cotto gets facial damage worse than most other WW's around his rating 85-90ish.

P.WILL
10-14-2009, 04:29 PM
De La Hoya vs Corrales bit of a size mismatch wouldn't you say? Also yeah, I lost a fight on damage before to. Seems that Cotto gets facial damage worse than most other WW's around his rating 85-90ish.

i like picking on the samller weight classes

Alexandros
10-14-2009, 05:48 PM
lol fight night is like real then i wonder what bribes the computer accepts? :haha:

ILLuminato
10-16-2009, 04:50 PM

I land 490/793

he lands 340/648

I was playing RJJ against Frazier and i was outlanding him but got stopped in the 9th....I didn't win a single round even the announcer was saying i did outland so maybe the 160 pound weight vs. 147 messes up the scoring