No announcement yet.

Wilfredo Vasquez vs Orlando Canizales Who won

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilfredo Vasquez vs Orlando Canizales Who won

Wilfredo Vasquez vs Orlando Canizales Who won ?

I thought Vasquez just shaded it on cleaner punches landed, Canizales did a lot of jumping up and down on his toes and he was dictating the pace but he was not being that effective landing and the shots he was landing he was taking counters from Vasquez who was more economical but made his punches count.

Its strange when you score a fight because the audience and commentators tend to get sucked into the atmosphere, the commentators also cannot observe everything goes on in a round imo, because talking when you are watching a fight does!! distract you slightly, so i believe sometimes commentators pick the guy who has been dictating the pace and they dont watch closely enough sometimes for whats actually landing and whats not landing.

Its like someone said before you dont get points for direction of motion "forcing the fight" but some people do subscribe to this criteria so should you score on that to.

That said it was an extremely difficult fight to score and it was very close.
    Last edited by Dynamite Kid; 10-09-2009, 12:36 PM.

You are right that it was hard to score, I also thought that Vasquez won by a hair, I think his strength and punching power kind of offset Canizales over the first half but Canizales rallied admirably though in the latter stages and made it very close. I scored it for Vasquez the first time I watched it but a case could be made for Canizales.

Gonzalez-Kelley stole the show that night though, does anyone remember the Gab N Jab on the pre-show with Canizales and Kelley, I thought that was hilarious.
    Last edited by mhager91490; 10-09-2009, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mhager91490 View Post
      You are right that it was hard to score, I also thought that Vasquez won by a hair, I think his strength and punching power kind of offset Canizales over the first half but Canizales rallied admirably though in the latter stages and made it very close. I scored it for Vasquez the first time I watched it but a case could be made for Canizales.

Gonzalez-Kelley stole the show that night though, does anyone remember the Gab N Jab on the pre-show with Canizales and Kelley, I thought that was hilarious.

Yeah i saw it the same way, Vasquez was just a but more effective early in the fight but Canizales did come on towards the end.

Yeah i saw that "Im Kevin Kelly the Featherweight Champion of the World" lol

Great fight that was, i was surprised Kelly's trainer pulled him out even though his eye was shut.

Comment

I had Canizales winning the fight but I have no problems with people having Vasquez winning, it was pretty close.

Comment

Working...
        X