View Full Version : Tua v Ruiz (2)

sonnyboyx2
10-08-2009, 02:41 PM
i would really like to see Tua v Ruiz (2) in there 1st fight Ruiz was caught cold with the first punch of the fight and suffered a brutal KO.. Tua who now weighs 40lbs heavier and Ruiz who is far more experienced and has not been KOd since, IMO Ruiz would win this fight if it happened

Stoppage
10-08-2009, 02:55 PM
I doubt Ruiz is gonna take that match. The knockout in their fight was really brutal and I don't think Ruiz is gonna want to take that chance again. Since really, it only takes one punch from Tua to do serious damage.

Benncollinsaad
10-08-2009, 04:06 PM
i would really like to see Tua v Ruiz (2) in there 1st fight Ruiz was caught cold with the first punch of the fight and suffered a brutal KO.. Tua who now weighs 40lbs heavier and Ruiz who is far more experienced and has not been KOd since, IMO Ruiz would win this fight if it happened

Not a blue chance! Ruiz would get trashed again. Maybe not in 19 seconds, but he would get another painful lesson.:boxing:

sonnyboyx2
10-09-2009, 04:24 AM
Not a blue chance! Ruiz would get trashed again. Maybe not in 19 seconds, but he would get another painful lesson.:boxing:

David Tua`s claim to fame is beating John Ruiz, he accomplished nothing else in his career other than a blow-out of a very old Michael Moorer, Ruiz has come along way since the Tua defeat and i think he would `easily` beat the fat guy now

Benncollinsaad
10-09-2009, 11:32 AM
David Tua`s claim to fame is beating John Ruiz, he accomplished nothing else in his career other than a blow-out of a very old Michael Moorer, Ruiz has come along way since the Tua defeat and i think he would `easily` beat the fat guy now

"Very old"??! Moorer was only 34!

TheGreatA
10-09-2009, 11:37 AM
"Very old"??! Moorer was only 34!

Moorer was pretty shot but he probably wouldn't have ever beaten David Tua anyway. Moorer's habit of voluntarily going against the ropes and trading punches wouldn't have been a very good idea against Tua.

Wins over Hasim Rahman, John Ruiz, Oleg Maskaev, Michael Moorer, Fres Oquendo, David Izon, Darroll Wilson as well as some other wins against half-decent fighters aren't bad. I think he was a bit unlucky not to receive the decision against Ike Ibeabuchi.

Hopefully he can still go onto score more good wins. He looked good against Shane Cameron, who isn't that great, but then again 90% of the division aren't that great outside of the Klitschko brothers.

TheGreatA
10-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Tua by the way is maybe 10 pounds heavier than he was against Ruiz when they first fought, certainly not 40.

Ruiz on the other hand has put on a lot of weight and can't move like he used to. He could try to clinch and hold Tua but I doubt it would work against the physically stronger man.

merjohn32
10-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Tua would still murder Ruiz IMO

Southpaw Stinger
10-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Tua would go for a quicker KO this time, and probably get it.

CCobra
10-09-2009, 12:28 PM

Tua's beaten Ruiz, Moorer, Rahman, Sullivan, Oquendo, Izon, Maskaev..

Benncollinsaad
10-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Tua's beaten Ruiz, Moorer, Rahman, Sullivan, Oquendo, Izon, Maskaev..

Indeed.;) Tua is, if anything, underated.

SnoopySmurf
10-09-2009, 01:20 PM

The KO really changed the way Ruiz fought. It was after this brutal knockout that he started the punch and clinch tactic.

MANGLER
10-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Just to see a Ruiz brutally KO'd again, I'm down.

bojangles1987
10-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Just to see a Ruiz brutally KO'd again, I'm down.

The WBA would still make him mandatory challenger, even if Tua KOed Ruiz in 13 seconds.