View Full Version : Did Shannon Briggs really beat George Foreman

Dynamite Kid
10-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Did Shannon Briggs really beat George Foreman ?

George accepted the defeat but HBO (Jones,Merchant,Lederman,Lampley) all had Foreman winning the fight, the crowd also booed the decision to suggest Foreman won.

TheGreatA
10-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Not in my view. Foreman didn't really think he had lost but at that point there was no reason for him to complain about it. He had made millions and was nearing 50 years of age.

Ziggy Stardust
10-08-2009, 10:04 AM
I thought it was a bad decision but I've certainly seen worse. I know Steve Farhood thought it was criminally bad and thought there should have been investigations.

Poet

MANGLER
10-08-2009, 10:11 AM
I ain't seen that fight in yrs. But I remember feelin George got shaded.

IMDAZED
10-08-2009, 11:50 AM
Don't know how the heck Briggs got the decision. All he did was move backwards and eat jabs. Bad, bad scoring. Actually, maybe the worst I've ever seen.

Bright-Eyes
10-08-2009, 12:04 PM
I know Steve Farhood thought it was criminally bad and thought there should have been investigations.

Poet

I think their actually was.

Not in my view. Foreman didn't really think he had lost but at that point there was no reason for him to complain about it. He had made millions and was nearing 50 years of age.

Similar to floyd patterson who accepted the judged verdict in the Jimmy Ellis fight and actually apologised for messing up Jimmy Ellis's nose.

sonnyboyx2
10-08-2009, 12:46 PM

George accepted the defeat but HBO (Jones,Merchant,Lederman,Lampley) all had Foreman winning the fight, the crowd also booed the decision to suggest Foreman won.
Was Robbery... referee Larry Hazard Jr. played the part of robbing Big George and gifting the decision to Briggs.....i had it 10-1-1 Foreman

Dynamite Kid
10-08-2009, 01:01 PM
TBH i thought the fight was relatively close but i still didn't think Briggs won, but by the same token i can see why Briggs did win.

At that time a lot of people seem to be on the fence about whether or not he (Foreman) should of still been fighting, so maybe that was shove in the right direction from there point of view.

1SILVA
10-08-2009, 03:40 PM

It's in my top 10 of all time worst decisions!!!!!!!!