View Full Version : 2nd XBOX got R.R.O.D.! WTF?!?!?

-GBGQ-
10-08-2009, 12:11 AM
Ya, my 2nd Xbox just got it's red ring. The 1st time I had the ghetto wizard come by and fix it for me. He couldn't fix it so he swapped me for a modded version. That Xbox was stolen when my house was burgarlized. So I bought a new one and today it was hit with the red ring. Not even 6 months!

What do I do now? Call the Ghetto Wizard again?! I'm so sick of this ****. I love my Xbox but it's not ****ing reliable.

▀ringer
10-08-2009, 03:05 AM
If you're not under warranty there's only one thing to do ; call the ghetto wizard.

▀ringer
10-08-2009, 03:05 AM
Or buy a new one, melt the serial number sticker off with a hair dryer, then swap the guts and take back your broken one for a refund.

-GBGQ-
10-08-2009, 03:24 AM
Or buy a new one, melt the serial number sticker off with a hair dryer, then swap the guts and take back your broken one for a refund.

Never thought of that! Think I like this option best!

Even the Ghetto Wizard charges 50 bucks.

▀ringer
10-08-2009, 03:28 AM
Never thought of that! Think I like this option best!

Even the Ghetto Wizard charges 50 bucks.

You may want to check into it a bit more before you do it.

I haven't attempted it on a 360 myself ; but I do know that certain labels from certain game companies use those "void" stickers that instantly read "void!" all over the sticker once it's removed.

I know Sony does that, and I wouldn't put it past MS to do the same.

So check around a bit, and see what types of stickers they use, and the best way to get them off cleanly ; the internet is great for this sort of thing.

Once you figure that out it's only a matter of taking both consoles apart, and swapping out the motherboards and any disc drives.

I used to do that **** all the time back in the day. :lol1:

Also ; back in the day with VHS tapes you could do the same. I'd rent good movies, and take out the tape reels, and then give them blanks back in return.

My VHS collection was poppin'. :lol1:

Spartacus Sully
10-08-2009, 07:43 AM
perhaps you should check out getting a fan cooling system thing for your xbox if you get it fixed. dont know if it helps with anything but i dont imagine it could hurt for 15-20$.

right2die
10-11-2009, 09:18 PM
fans wont help. the xbox360 is a flaud system and will never be fixable. i'm on my 5th xbox right now. all fixed under warranty. if i remember right, they extend the warranty for 3 more years if you have R.R.O.D. after the 1st one i bought one of those fans you put under the xbox. that one was dead in 8 months. after that i put a 15 in house fan front of it and had it on every time i played.... those lasted about the same. R.R.O.D. will happen no matter what you do to it. no fan will make it last forever. microsoft just doesnt make reliable systems. so much fun though!

badblood
10-11-2009, 11:03 PM
Since I put my XBOX out in the open and started downloading the games to my hard drive I have not had a problem.

Not a lot of people know that you can download games to the hard drive. Try it and see if it helps.

Infern0
10-11-2009, 11:16 PM
My 360 only rro'd once in like 4 years and even then i just reset it and it worked lol

Sαntα
10-11-2009, 11:24 PM
My 360 only rro'd once in like 4 years and even then i just reset it and it worked lol

Not the RRoD then. I bought mine in 2005, died in 2008 fixed in 2 weeks, no problem.

Freddy Krueger
10-11-2009, 11:56 PM
Gaming PC>PS3>XBOX360

TailorMade
10-12-2009, 12:11 AM
I have had both of mine for YEARS... and I have NEVER had a problem...

You do know that if the plugs in the back are not plugged in right, the Red lights will come on, right?

Bsquared
10-12-2009, 12:12 AM

You probably got the 2 red rings which is just system error. All you got to do is unplug everything then reconnect it and it works. With 3 red rings you cant even make it to the dashboard.

Ryn0
10-12-2009, 12:15 PM
You bought it new right? As long as its not modded, then you should be fine just phone up microsoft and get it repaired.

Bsquared
10-12-2009, 12:17 PM
You bought it new right? As long as its not modded, then you should be fine just phone up microsoft and get it repaired.

The only problem is it might take a little while through Microsoft.

THE REEDÖ
10-12-2009, 12:20 PM

Idea taken from me!

Crazylegs77
10-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Ya, my 2nd Xbox just got it's red ring. The 1st time I had the ghetto wizard come by and fix it for me. He couldn't fix it so he swapped me for a modded version. That Xbox was stolen when my house was burgarlized. So I bought a new one and today it was hit with the red ring. Not even 6 months!

What do I do now? Call the Ghetto Wizard again?! I'm so sick of this ****. I love my Xbox but it's not ****ing reliable.

get te replacement from MS and then let air get into the new one when its on.

-GBGQ-
10-14-2009, 03:18 AM
I re-hired the ghetto wizard.

He's going to fly in on his magical dragon tomorrow.

▀ringer
10-14-2009, 03:53 AM
Idea taken from me!

WTF are you jabbering about, son?

You got the patent on ghetto wizardry?

I did that **** with my N64 back in 1997.

Though that was my own fault ; I knocked Pepsi all over it on accident while it was powered on.

▀ringer
10-14-2009, 03:55 AM
On the subject at hand ; I've got enough cash to buy a refurbished Pro from Gamestop, but I'm not sure if I should or not.

I really wanna get my FNR4 on, and that's really the only way for me to go right now, being out of work.

But at the same time, I don't wanna blow 200 bucks on something that might blow up in my face within a week.

Not sure how Gamestop's return policy is on defective consoles, either.

Anybody got any advice?

Spartacus Sully
10-14-2009, 04:08 AM
I really wanna get my FNR4 on, and that's really the only way for me to go right now, being out of work.

Anybody got any advice?

SNES Emulator and super punch out to tide you over till you get a job?

▀ringer
10-14-2009, 04:13 AM
SNES Emulator and super punch out to tide you over till you get a job?

I don't need no damn emulator ; I've still got my original SNES and my copy of "Super Punch Out!!". :lol1:

Spartacus Sully
10-14-2009, 04:25 AM
I don't need no damn emulator ; I've still got my original SNES and my copy of "Super Punch Out!!". :lol1:

Yeah well some people like to slow down the frame rate so its like the opponent isnt even moving along with saving the game at the start of each round......

▀ringer
10-14-2009, 04:44 AM
Yeah well some people like to slow down the frame rate so its like the opponent isnt even moving along with saving the game at the start of each round......

Well I'd be playing with my own friends for the time being.

I'm going back to School in January, and just looking for a cheaper way of attaining a 360 to pass the next few months.

Spartacus Sully
10-14-2009, 04:57 AM
I got the 360 but barely play it just finished up eternal sonata so now im going to snes and emulators....i plan on beating chrono trigger, super mario rpg, earthbound, secret of mana, and FF3/6...i originally started playing chrono cross but then after an hour of playing i go to save and even though im playing it on my ps2 i find out the ps2 memory cards dont work....so now im playing snes roms so i only have to hit shift+f1 to save. im hoping it will occupy me for a good month or 2.

replaying RPG's of the past definitely helps the time pass.

Move BRICKSÖ
10-14-2009, 12:19 PM
On the subject at hand ; I've got enough cash to buy a refurbished Pro from Gamestop, but I'm not sure if I should or not.

But at the same time, I don't wanna blow 200 bucks on something that might blow up in my face within a week.

Not sure how Gamestop's return policy is on defective consoles, either.

Anybody got any advice?

Just make sure you get a late-generation console.

▀ringer
10-14-2009, 01:58 PM
Just make sure you get a late-generation console.

Yeah, that's what I've heard. The "Jasper" unit.

Supposedly it's identifiable by the 12.1A voltage label instead of the old 14.2 on the console SKU.

I'm going to keep my damn eyes peeled.

If I had the time I'd just go hang out around the local pawn shop for a day or two and wait for a crackhead to come in seelling their 360 or PS3, and offer them up $100 for it in the parking lot.

I've gotten tons of good merch doing **** like that in the past.

TheCheetah
10-15-2009, 12:12 AM
Easy solution... Switch to the Playstation 3

supRa
10-15-2009, 03:10 AM
lulz.......

*signs in PSN*

:ninja:

Fidday
10-21-2009, 07:59 AM
I never have that problem with my PS3...

bishop2006
10-21-2009, 09:53 AM

Ive had RROD like 6 times,either buy an Xbox Elite,which hardly ever gets it,or get a PS3