View Full Version : Ps2....

The Raging Bull
10-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Right, so I just bought my first PS2 and was wondering what games I should get for it? I've already bought Metal Gear 2 & 3, Fahrenheit, Final Fantasy X, Max Payne 2 and Canis Canem Edit.

I've only just got one now because last gen I was all about the original xbox, but I've recently completed Metal Gear Solid 4 on PS3 so decided to invest in one to play the other games!

Idgas
10-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Fight Night 2 and 3
God of War 1 and 2
Shadow of the Colossus

J.R
10-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Metal Gear Solid 1 the best game ever.

???
10-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Gran Turismo 4
GTA: San Andreas
Tekken 5

supRa
10-07-2009, 04:29 PM
any gta is a must!!!!!!!

Sick/
10-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Seeing as you already have Max Payne 2 you should get Max Payne 1 aswell

TheCheetah
10-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Resident Evil Code Veronica is a must as well.

Street Hoops was straight
NBA Street
Any Tony Hawk game for the ps2 is good.
MLB Slugfest 2004
Tekken 4
Grand Theft Auto 3
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

popkins99
10-07-2009, 06:27 PM
the warriors, yakuza 1 and 2, resident evil 4, gta vice city and san andreas.

The Raging Bull
10-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Serious talk, that Resident Evil Veronica game was in cash converters for 2 quid today, is it worth picking up then? They had Gun too, is that any good?

TheCheetah
10-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Resident Evil Code Veronica was great and Gun was pretty solid too.

The Raging Bull
10-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Resident Evil Code Veronica was great and Gun was pretty solid too.

So worth the pick ups then? Is Veronica bugged by the same control issues as previous Resi's?

TheCheetah
10-07-2009, 08:52 PM
I never knew Resident Evils had control issues... I recommend picking up

Resident Evil 1
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil 4
and if you got a ps3 Resident Evil 5

I never really played Outbreak and Dead Aim wasn't that good.

The Raging Bull
10-07-2009, 08:53 PM
I never knew Resident Evils had control issues... I recommend picking up

Resident Evil 1
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil 4
and if you got a ps3 Resident Evil 5

I never really played Outbreak and Dead Aim wasn't that good.

I remember playing Resident Evil 1 and I didn't like the controls or camera, but I'll give them a second chance. I've been tempted to pick up Resi 5 for my PS3 for a while, might cop it this weekend!

TheCheetah
10-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Resident Evil 5 is the best Resident Evil to surface. 1, 2, and 3 all came out on the ps1 so it's really terrible graphics.

The Raging Bull
10-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Resident Evil 5 is the best Resident Evil to surface. 1, 2, and 3 all came out on the ps1 so it's really terrible graphics.

Yeah I've heard nothing but good things about Resi 4 too, meant to be one of the best games on the ps2

TheCheetah
10-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Resident Evil 4 was one of the best games to hit the PS2. The graphics were amazing.

The Raging Bull
10-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Resident Evil 4 was one of the best games to hit the PS2. The graphics were amazing.

I'll have to check it out. What're your top 5 games on the console then? You seem to have decent taste!

TheCheetah
10-07-2009, 10:02 PM
1. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
2. Resident Evil 4
3. God of War
4. Mortal Kombat Armageddon
5. Max Payne 2 The Fall of Max Payne

Those are my top 5... But you know everyone has a different top 5.

▀ringer
10-08-2009, 04:10 AM
Shadow of the COlossus
Ico
The Metal Gear series
The Devil May Cry series (if you can beat them)
The Fight Night games
Megaman X Collection (if you like the retro ****)
Castlevania ; Lament of Innocence
Castlevania ; Curse of Darkness
Rogue Galaxy (Great RPG)
Resident Evil 4 (The rest of the RE's are great, as well. But totally different and most people tend to prefer the controls of 4.)
God of War 1 & 2
Yakuza 1 & 2
Shinobi
GTA : San Andreas
Okami

Really there's a ****load of great PS2 titles.

I can't reccomend any more until I know what your preferences are.

The Raging Bull
10-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Shadow of the COlossus
Ico
The Metal Gear series
The Devil May Cry series (if you can beat them)
The Fight Night games
Megaman X Collection (if you like the retro ****)
Castlevania ; Lament of Innocence
Castlevania ; Curse of Darkness
Rogue Galaxy (Great RPG)
Resident Evil 4 (The rest of the RE's are great, as well. But totally different and most people tend to prefer the controls of 4.)
God of War 1 & 2
Yakuza 1 & 2
Shinobi
GTA : San Andreas
Okami

Really there's a ****load of great PS2 titles.

I can't reccomend any more until I know what your preferences are.

I'm into anything with a decent story and good gameplay really. I've played Devil May Cry 4 and don't really like that. I'm looking for the lesser known stuff, the under-rated classics really.

Frank Martin
10-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Fight Night Round 3
Def Jam: Fight for NY
Tekken 5
Soul Calibur II
Soul Calibur III
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
Resident Evil 4
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XII
Dead to Rights
Gran Turismo 4

Those are good ****s my man! Better specify the genre you like most so I can give a recommendation.

The Raging Bull
10-08-2009, 02:10 PM
My favourite genre of games are story driven action games and rpg's.

Idgas
10-08-2009, 03:28 PM
My favourite genre of games are story driven action games and rpg's.

i haven't played it but you might wanna look into Xenosaga. it's related to Xenogears for the PS1 if you ever played it. i hear it's good but i read complaints about it having a bit more story than gameplay. sounds like the game for you.

and i wanna mention Shadow of the Colossus again. it's one of the most unique games i've ever played. the game is all boss battles and the fun is finding out how to defeat each of the colossi. it's pretty rewarding when you figure it out and the story is simple with a great ending.

The Raging Bull
10-08-2009, 04:19 PM
i haven't played it but you might wanna look into Xenosaga. it's related to Xenogears for the PS1 if you ever played it. i hear it's good but i read complaints about it having a bit more story than gameplay. sounds like the game for you.

and i wanna mention Shadow of the Colossus again. it's one of the most unique games i've ever played. the game is all boss battles and the fun is finding out how to defeat each of the colossi. it's pretty rewarding when you figure it out and the story is simple with a great ending.

I'll try and cop them both mate :)

I saw ICO today in my local Game store for 12 quid pre-owned but didn't buy it 'cos I thought it was a bit steep. Came home and went on Amazon and they're asking for 25 quid :| Should I get it from Game? Is it a bargain?

CiganoBoxer
10-08-2009, 04:30 PM
</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mCUj6GQ8_gc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
This game was awesome on the PS2:boxing:

The Raging Bull
10-08-2009, 04:31 PM
</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mCUj6GQ8_gc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
This game was awesome on the PS2:boxing:

I completed that on original xbox, it was a very good game! And I just bought Manhunt 2 today for 2 quid :D

Idgas
10-08-2009, 04:33 PM
i just looked on ebay and people are trying to get Ico for more than i thought it would cost today. i mean it's one of the early games of ps2 so i thought it'd be way cheap but i guess it's considered rare now. if i were you i'd get it at gamestop if you want to save some money.

The Raging Bull
10-08-2009, 04:37 PM
i just looked on ebay and people are trying to get Ico for more than i thought it would cost today. i mean it's one of the early games of ps2 so i thought it'd be way cheap but i guess it's considered rare now. if i were you i'd get it at gamestop if you want to save some money.

Yeah I'll shop around and see which retailer has it cheapest 'cos I ain't paying 25 quid for a second hand last generation game. Shadow of the Collosus is the same, very expensive :\

USA4LIFE
10-08-2009, 06:53 PM
I'm into anything with a decent story and good gameplay really. I've played Devil May Cry 4 and don't really like that. I'm looking for the lesser known stuff, the under-rated classics really.

Just as The_Bringer suggested, Rogue Galaxy, a great great action RPG. The weapon customization is unreal. It's so much fun to play. Dude you're a friggin space pirate in the game, how can you go wrong with that.

USA4LIFE
10-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Yeah I'll shop around and see which retailer has it cheapest 'cos I ain't paying 25 quid for a second hand last generation game. Shadow of the Collosus is the same, very expensive :\

It's expensive for a reason, you wanna see what the PS2 can do graphically get this game. it pushes the PS2 to it's limits. It truly is a masterpiece and such a breathtaking type of game. All you do is fight giant mountain sized beasts and each one is different from the last so you need to use and figure out different strategies for each colossi. I would shell out the doe for it TBH.

▀ringer
10-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Just as The_Bringer suggested, Rogue Galaxy, a great great action RPG. The weapon customization is unreal. It's so much fun to play. Dude you're a friggin space pirate in the game, how can you go wrong with that.

This dude knows what's up ; he's the one that turned me on to "Rogue Galaxy".

I'm 70 hours in already and still only halfway finished because I'm taking so much time doing side quests, customizing my weapons, finding alternate outfits, and logging hour after hour into the "Insectron" mini game.

The amount of fun to be had in it is unreal.

I paid 15 bucks for it at gamestop and it's definitely one of the best games I've ever played on PS2.

P.S ; You should've picked up ICO when you had the chance ; that game is extremely unique and refreshing. Not to mention a collectible and a damn good gaming experience.

▀ringer
10-08-2009, 10:23 PM
It's expensive for a reason, you wanna see what the PS2 can do graphically get this game. it pushes the PS2 to it's limits. It truly is a masterpiece and such a breathtaking type of game. All you do is fight giant mountain sized beasts and each one is different from the last so you need to use and figure out different strategies for each colossi. I would shell out the doe for it TBH.

I also concur with this.

Yet another truly unique, and addictive atmospheric experience on the PS2.

The soundtrack, the graphics, the unique qualities, the landscapes ; Shadow of the Colossus is on my "All Time Greats" list of video games.

The replay value is also fantastic due to the unlockables and the way you can customize the settings to make it even harder on you. (Like lowering the grip gauge...)

-Hyperion-
10-09-2009, 12:13 AM
all ratchet and clank games.....get the ps3 one too.....and the new one thats about to come out.......

The Raging Bull
10-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Right well I just picked up Ico, gonna play it tonight. Best be good guys!