View Full Version : Anybody else sick of die hard tyson fans with their Coulda Shouldas?

STILL_DETOX
10-06-2009, 11:44 PM
"oh tyson wasnt in his prime"
"he was in jail for 3 years"
"robin givens ****ed his mind up"
:tapedshut

tyson is so over rated

Bushidō
10-07-2009, 02:23 AM
Not really cause that's what the forums are for haha

RightCross94
10-07-2009, 05:12 AM
Been hearing it forever. It's a joke really.

I love when they downplay Holyfields win over Mike "Mike was past prime" Not only was Holyfield four years older, he was also more past prime than Mike was.

0Rooster4Life0
10-07-2009, 05:23 AM
There is Nothing wrong with Passion for your Favorite Fighter, But What i do dislike is The Disrespect Some People have for Other fighters.

And i wouldnt Say Mike is Heaps Over Rated, The Media had its moments of Over Rating him, But i do beleave His career is very Over Protected, He Had his flaws in the Ring, Making him out to be perfect and nothing was his fault is abit childish

Mersey
10-07-2009, 05:51 AM
Yeah I'm kind of tired of hearing things like "Tyson was the greatest of all time, if Cus didn't die, if he didn't go to jail"

them_apples
10-07-2009, 10:57 AM

tyson is so over rated

Tyson was great but just like all fighters he has a weakness. If you are strong enough to bully him around you have a chance of winning, all there is to it.

As with most pressure fighters like Rocky and Frazier etc, they would have been overpowered if they couldn't back their man up. (Frazier was in this case).

STILL_DETOX
10-07-2009, 02:48 PM
another thing is, boxing is psychological too..it WAS mikes fault that he couldnt keep a steady mind

Smokin'J
10-07-2009, 03:09 PM
david haye is just another hype

ji23
10-07-2009, 04:00 PM
yea people actually consider him as one of the best HW my friend is always eating Tyson's dick...he says he is the best HW ever just because he was the youngest HW champion ever that is just ridiculous i just lol at him

louis54
10-07-2009, 11:52 PM
great fighters have no excuses. nearly every fighter has gone into the ring sick or injured some half blind and great ones most times wins. the one real excuse is age. that is it. the only one accepted by the fight crowd

Verstyle
10-08-2009, 01:55 AM
Tyson is the greatest fighter that ever lived.

Czarek
10-08-2009, 03:31 AM
yeah right great fighter shave no execuses, mike tyson was a great fighter, but not everybody can love him, some people hates him and say he was **** some people love him and say he wa snot in his prime ar his losses

PAC-BOY
10-08-2009, 03:37 AM

tyson is so over rated

At least he didnt sleep w/ 500 women and 100 men or some **** like that sick fuk Haye did. ewwwwwh nasty butt hole bandit!!!

D-MiZe
10-08-2009, 04:00 AM
When you have someone who had the potential like Tyson, of course you should ask the " what if's? ".

He had an unfair life at a young age and never really caught a break. When he found something he loved, that was taken away from him too.

It wasn't his fault his mind was the way it was. When you go through life and lose everything you love, it takes a toll on you.

Tyson might still of lost to Holyfield even with Cus in his corner, but we'll never know because many feel Tyson never reached his full potential. As heavyweights normally come into their prime at a much later stage.

Ziggy Stardust
10-08-2009, 08:59 AM
Tyson is the greatest fighter that ever lived.

Thank God I know you Versi: Your tongue's firmly planted in your cheek :rofl:

Poet

Ziggy Stardust
10-08-2009, 09:02 AM
When you have someone who had the potential like Tyson, of course you should ask the " what if's? ".

He had an unfair life at a young age and never really caught a break. When he found something he loved, that was taken away from him too.

It wasn't his fault his mind was the way it was. When you go through life and lose everything you love, it takes a toll on you.

Tyson might still of lost to Holyfield even with Cus in his corner, but we'll never know because many feel Tyson never reached his full potential. As heavyweights normally come into their prime at a much later stage.

The problem with that theory is that fighters like Tyson invariably have short primes because their bodies burn out fighting that particular style.

Poet

Dynamite Kid
10-08-2009, 09:03 AM

tyson is so over rated

Just dont get me started on these morons.

Debate Mike Tyson's career =101 excuses

MANGLER
10-08-2009, 09:07 AM
I ain't seen any Tyson threads on here for a while.

Ziggy Stardust
10-08-2009, 09:11 AM
I ain't seen any Tyson threads on here for a while.

Yeah, that's why I've kind of mellowed on them.

Poet

Dynamite Kid
10-08-2009, 09:15 AM

That is such a cope out, almost everyone has demons of some sort.

Problem i have with what you said is..............when people make excuses for you the way they did for Tyson you become immune to having to conduct yourself properly and take responsibility for your actions and before you know it you are making conscious decision to be an ******* because its come the norm for you to think you will get away with it. Tyson had mental problems yes, but there is no doubt in my mind that he played the victim like a hooker plays her pimp.

Its like people who say if Cus had stayed with him, FFS he is a grown man not a child, do expect him to have his hand held for the rest of his life so he does not turn anti social.

Jim Lampley said something along the lines of....

Mike Tyson's career is a graphic illustration of how he wanted to his career to go, he wanted to self destruct to prove to himself that in end everyone will leave you.

Bright-Eyes
10-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Well he was put in prison for three years and he never looked the same in his return,although many would argue that he had been declining as a fighter for atleast two years before arrest.

I don't think he has any excuses for the loss against Douglas,despite the turmoil that were taking place in his life,Douglas was going through some **** himself that could have destroyed any man.

I do think people give Holyfield alot more credit than he deserves for his wins against Tyson,for the simple fact that Tyson critics try to pass this shell off as Tyson at his best(I aknowledge that Holyfield wasn't in his prime either)

Sure he has overzelous fans who overrated their fighter but so does Joe Louis,Muhammad Ali,Rocky Marciano,Ray Robinson,Marvin Hagler,Roberto Duran ect

A cynic is worse than a fanatic IMO.

Dynamite Kid
10-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Well he was put in prison for three years and he never looked the same in his return,although many would argue that he had been declining as a fighter for atleast two years before arrest.

I don't think he has any excuses for the loss against Douglas,despite the turmoil that were taking place in his life,Douglas was going through some **** himself that could have destroyed any man.

I do think people give Holyfield alot more credit than he deserves for his wins against Tyson,for the simple fact that Tyson critics try to pass this shell off as Tyson at his best(I aknowledge that Holyfield wasn't in his prime either)

Sure he has overzelous fans who overrated their fighter but so does Joe Louis,Muhammad Ali,Rocky Marciano,Ray Robinson,Marvin Hagler,Roberto Duran ect

A cynic is worse than a fanatic IMO.

No offence but thats BS.

All people try to put across is that Hoylfield should get full credit for the win regardless whether Mike was prime or not, because Holyfield was not in his prime either, he was older, had been in tougher fights, taken more punishment in his career.

Tyson fans just like to blind themselves to this and tot out the old chesnut that Mike was not in his prime, but guess what ? neither was Holyfield so that excuse is futile

boxingbuff
10-08-2009, 04:05 PM
I'm in the middle with Mike Tyson.

I think some are excuses,but some are facts.

In his prime I believe he could have beat Muhammad Ali,or gave him a very close fight.

But STYLES make fights.I believe guys like Sonny Liston and George Forman would have taken him out early.

I would rank Tyson a Top 5 Heavyweight of all-time,and beating the #1 Heavyweight of all-time(Maybe).

Verstyle
10-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Thank God I know you Versi: Your tongue's firmly planted in your cheek :rofl:

Poet

Much so. I was hoping someone would bite with the Tyson avatar to boot.

▀ringer
10-09-2009, 01:26 AM
I've grown tired of debating Mike's claim to legitimate greatness with his fans a long, long time ago.

It always leads to excuses ; Cus dying, Robin Givens, the rape conviction, Don King, lack of motivation, past prime, and what have you.

The bottom line is he was a damn good fighter who never quite achieved greatness.