View Full Version : How important is food/drink for a boxers fitness?

Oriachim
10-06-2009, 07:24 AM
For example suppose the boxer was training really hard but was eating crappy food and drinking coca cola (obviously drinking water to) would his fitness be poor? IF a boxer ate really healthy food and only drank water would his fitness be 10x better than before?

Chr0nic
10-06-2009, 07:46 AM
For example suppose the boxer was training really hard but was eating crappy food and drinking coca cola (obviously drinking water to) would his fitness be poor? IF a boxer ate really healthy food and only drank water would his fitness be 10x better than before?
he would'nt even be able to workout hard, he'd probabley get cramps, heart burn or some other **** drinking coca cola and crappy foods

so yea, i supposse for his crappy body he could be working hard but he would'nt be getting anywhere that's for sure

Czarek
10-06-2009, 11:43 AM
hmm when you eat and drink crap you wouldn't feel well, because your body wouldn't make good results in sports, so eat healthy and trink much water and not this red bull or cola ****

Zarco
10-06-2009, 01:20 PM
why wont you experiment for your self. eat mcdonalds before you train one day, eat a plate of home made chicken, white rice, and vegetables another day.

FP559
10-06-2009, 02:06 PM
For me it's important to eat healthy, or at least not stupid. I find myself gassin out and cramping up if I don't eat fruits during the day. I stopped drinking soda, sugary drinks and eating fast food, I'm getting better results because of it.

RightCross94
10-06-2009, 06:56 PM
The thing is, your body can't train to it's full potential if you are filling it with crap all the time. You'd probably get stomach aches and vomit and stuff if you were training really hard after a fatty mcdonalds meal

oniham
10-07-2009, 02:11 PM
You want to stick to a diet with healthy food if you want to stay in shape, but honestly you should give yourself a cheat day once in a while so you don't go mad. My friend is a bodybuilder and he's in amazing shape despite the cheat days he has once in a while (if you are going to have a cheat day, it should be at MOST once a week)

Juof
10-07-2009, 07:55 PM
i had a mc donalds in the weekend but i had no effect on the monday

shyboirank#1
10-07-2009, 08:04 PM
having a right nutrition will help alot better and perform way better than someone eating pepsi with hot cheetos with lemon and cheese

alza1988
10-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Yep there's a saying I heard.

You don't eat for taste you eat for performance.

Pro boxers should all live clean.

Another thing I read is that water intake is the most important part of nutrition.You should be hydrated all the time.Urine should be clear or light light yellow.You can loss about 6 pound of waterweight in 1 training session but you'd probably be dried out and that's one of the most dangerous parts of training.I read 3 to 4 pound is easy hydrated but half a pound kills you dehydrated .

The Golden Boy
10-08-2009, 09:05 AM
what if you eat pretty good, lots of healthy stuff and all that. but your not really that strict, have take out once a week, the odd milkshake or so. if it doesnt affect your weight is it that important. once again im not talking bout eating junk all the time but not super healthy either, think kind of middle of the road.

alza1988
10-08-2009, 09:56 AM
what if you eat pretty good, lots of healthy stuff and all that. but your not really that strict, have take out once a week, the odd milkshake or so. if it doesnt affect your weight is it that important. once again im not talking bout eating junk all the time but not super healthy either, think kind of middle of the road.

You should get away with eating 80 to 90 percent clean .I think it all depends what level you want to box at mate and how competititve.

Leakbeak
10-08-2009, 11:08 PM
As you get older, it will affect you more! When you hit 25 your metabolism will slow donw bigtime and stuff like late nights and eating right are handy at 21. I am 22 and can tell I need to take care of myself more. When you start getting hangovers, that is the first sign you need to stop putting **** in ya body! If you want a longer career then eat right. Natural foods also prevent illnesses and some can even prevent injuries. You'll get more details here www.spartanhealth.com

Oriachim
10-11-2009, 06:12 AM
Hm my friend whos got the qualifications to be a physical trainer said junk food isn't all that bad to a persons fitness as it holds lots of helpful ingredients you just wouldn't find in healthy foods? He also said but if you eat to much of it, you'll just get unhealthy. Obviously if your trying to lose weight, junk food is a big nono.

βetamax
10-11-2009, 06:21 AM
Hm my friend whos got the qualifications to be a physical trainer said junk food isn't all that bad to a persons fitness as it holds lots of helpful ingredients you just wouldn't find in healthy foods? He also said but if you eat to much of it, you'll just get unhealthy. Obviously if your trying to lose weight, junk food is a big nono.

Huh? That's pretty odd to suggest junk food contains helpful ingredients considering what typically makes food junk is excess sugar or salt. I mean there are ingredients such trans fats which are only helpful if your goal is to develop heart disease. There's high fructose corn syrup which there is zero evidence to suggest this is beneficial in anyway. Then there's various other chemical additives which will likely lead to disease as well.

Just use common sense. Don't get caught up in anyone or any article suggesting that chemicals are good for you. Chances are if you look into the author and who they represent you'll find that they're a corporate shill who's paid by the chemical companies to come up with findings in their favor.

rskumm21
10-11-2009, 08:10 AM
You will get more out of your training and definitely feel a difference with a good diet.