View Full Version : Where does Frankie Liles rank on the smw ATG?

Benncollinsaad
10-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Liles has held the WBA SMW title for 5 years and made seven defences. Among the opponents he beat are Michael Nunn, Tim Littles, Steve Little, Jaffa Ballogou, Frederic Sellier, Segundo Mercado and Merqui Sosa. I think he deserves to be ranked among the top 10 super middleweights ever.

Obama
10-03-2009, 05:10 PM
For once you're probably right Benn. ;)

Liles is another one of the many guys RJJ should have fought but didn't. But I'm not going to blame Roy like most would. Just a shame really. :boxing:

Benncollinsaad
10-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Shame he didn't fight Collins either.:( That would be a great fight. They both beat Seillier.

PAC-BOY
10-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Before raiting him an ATG one must look at his quality of opposition. Great fighters fight great fighters! He was not a bad fighter though.

CCobra
10-03-2009, 05:21 PM
I believe I have Liles sitting somewhere in the top 10-15 SMW fighters of all time. He's slowly becoming a forgotten fighter of the 90s. He had a solid career defeating the likes of Michael Nunn, Merqui Sosa, Andrey Shk-something (I'll have to check his name up), Tim Littles and I believe he also beat Segundo Mercado to.

Was a favourite fighter of mine during the 90s.

Benncollinsaad
10-03-2009, 05:30 PM
I believe I have Liles sitting somewhere in the top 10-15 SMW fighters of all time. He's slowly becoming a forgotten fighter of the 90s. He had a solid career defeating the likes of Michael Nunn, Merqui Sosa, Andrey Shk-something (I'll have to check his name up), Tim Littles and I believe he also beat Segundo Mercado to.

Was a favourite fighter of mine during the 90s.

Shkalikov.;) Yep, he was a solid contender. At least according to his record, 56-7-2. Kinda short tho.