View Full Version : Benitez vs Duran question

Del Coqui
10-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Was that Panama Lewis on Duran corner?

Bigmacpoper
10-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Panama Lewis was one of the most sought out trainers of the early 1980's,he worked Duran's corner many a times.

He was also in Arturo Gatti's corner in Arturo Gatti's second fight against Luis Melendez

Del Coqui
10-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Panama Lewis was one of the most sought out trainers of the early 1980's,he worked Duran's corner many a times.

He was also in Arturo Gatti's corner in Arturo Gatti's second fight against Luis Melendez

Any idea if that was him on that particular fight thou? I dont take anything away from the trainer he was, he built many champions but those allegations against him are pretty serious.

Bright-Eyes
10-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Yeah,I also saw him in Durans corner against Ray Leonard.

GJC
10-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Think it was Arcel who gave Panama Lewis his break so possibly he was in the corner for the Leonard fight for sure.

JAB5239
10-05-2009, 05:16 AM

I can't be positive, but I'll bet you are either flat out lying or wrong again as usual since Lewis was banned from working corners after the Collins-Resto incident.

RightCross94
10-05-2009, 05:59 AM
[/B]

I can't be positive, but I'll bet you are either flat out lying or wrong again as usual since Lewis was banned from working corners after the Collins-Resto incident.

I thought similar....

I wouldnt doubt that he worked in the gym with arturo though...

JAB5239
10-05-2009, 06:02 AM
I thought similar....

Lewis has worked and still works with many fighters. He is not however allowed to work the corner during fights. His advice ends in the gym.

RightCross94
10-05-2009, 06:05 AM
[/B]

I thought similar....

TheGreatA
10-05-2009, 06:36 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A1pYJIFX6MY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A1pYJIFX6MY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

JAB5239
10-05-2009, 06:44 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A1pYJIFX6MY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A1pYJIFX6MY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The sound isn't working on my computer right now. But from what that shows, Lewis wasn't in Gatti's corner and exited the opposite side of the ring before the fight started. Am I mistaken?

TheGreatA
10-05-2009, 07:27 AM
The sound isn't working on my computer right now. But from what that shows, Lewis wasn't in Gatti's corner and exited the opposite side of the ring before the fight started. Am I mistaken?

He had been allowed a boxing license in the state of Pennsylvania and worked Gatti's corner in a very brief fight. The commentators were questioning whether he should have been allowed to be there considering what he had done in the past.

JAB5239
10-05-2009, 08:48 AM
He had been allowed a boxing license in the state of Pennsylvania and worked Gatti's corner in a very brief fight. The commentators were questioning whether he should have been allowed to be there considering what he had done in the past.

Seems I was wrong and stand corrected. Kudos to PissPooper, he finally got something by me.

And thank you to you my friend for your seemingly endless knowledge.

Bigmacpoper
10-05-2009, 01:49 PM
[/B]

Oh dear,GABBY is risking his personal pride in calling out an internet poster he hates so much rather than doing some actual research.

This is going to be fun

Oh,dear

Despite the obvious evidence that lies before his eyes,GABBY either clueless or simply delusional still refuses to believe such a claim.

he seeks reassurance as this most certainly cannot be true,can it?

A pretty fair review

Seems I was wrong and stand corrected. Kudos to PissPooper, he finally got something by me.

And thank you to you my friend for your seemingly endless knowledge.

And this is where we end our journey.GABBY,so insecure and so delusional attempted to discredit myself and my claim,just a simple search on youtube could have done the trick but no,ever the ****y dick,GABBY attempting to prove his manhood(over and internet forum) went on to make himself look like a jackass.

Now usually GABBY will claim that he has owned me,when he hasn't made any type of argument in an attempt to make himself feel better.I am not so sad and childish to make such a claim,I just thought this was just alot more amusing.

Of course this wouldn't be the first time GABBY has made himself look like a jackass in an attempt to "OWN" me.

Both Toney and Mccallum fought their last fight at 160 in august of 1992

Wrong again. Toney had at least 1 more middleweight fight after McCallum. Thats not really the point though. Point is you try to get by with false information. Blatant lies.

Wrong again Am I? Then please do point out the date and opponent of one James Toney's other supposed fight at 160 after his rematch with Mike McCallum in august of 1992

And I never did recieve a response there,and as far as I know,GABBY was never put on ignore either.

mrboxer
10-05-2009, 01:58 PM
i dont care who is in the corner,i pay big bucks to watch the boxers not the people in the corner,i could not care less if lewis,or roach,or atlas are even in the arena,i want to see 2 good fighters fight ,not a person in the ring giving someone water and drying of their sweat with a towel:boxing:

JAB5239
10-06-2009, 01:53 AM
[QUOTE]Oh dear,GABBY is risking his personal pride in calling out an internet poster he hates so much rather than doing some actual research.

This is going to be fun
Oh,dear

Despite the obvious evidence that lies before his eyes,GABBY either clueless or simply delusional still refuses to believe such a claim.

he seeks reassurance as this most certainly cannot be true,can it?

So sorry for not being familiar with Gatti's second fight. I was wrong and admitted it. Has Lewis worked a corner besides Gatti's before or since the Collins-Resto fight in the US? I don't know. But I'm man enough to admit when I am wrong. You? You're a coward who hides behind personal opinion and tries tom pass it off as fact.

And this is where we end our journey.GABBY,so insecure and so delusional attempted to discredit myself and my claim,just a simple search on youtube could have done the trick but no,ever the ****y dick,GABBY attempting to prove his manhood(over and internet forum) went on to make himself look like a jackass.

Now usually GABBY will claim that he has owned me,when he hasn't made any type of argument in an attempt to make himself feel better.I am not so sad and childish to make such a claim,I just thought this was just alot more amusing.

No, you are just so sad and childish that you continue to go to the good karma thread to beg for green even though you say that doesn't matter to you. Pathetic. Me? I've got respect in the real world and on these forums where I don't have to continually argue and insult people. When I'm wrong I'm wrong. No big deal. You on the other hand.......Lmao!!!!

Of course this wouldn't be the first time GABBY has made himself look like a jackass in an attempt to "OWN" me.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile. Wanna bet more people see things more like me than you? You're arguments are sad, hence all the red k you continue to receive. (sniffle) (boo hoo). :rofl:

Bigmacpoper
10-06-2009, 02:47 AM
So sorry for not being familiar with Gatti's second fight. I was wrong and admitted it. Has Lewis worked a corner besides Gatti's before or since the Collins-Resto fight in the US? I don't know. But I'm man enough to admit when I am wrong. You? You're a coward who hides behind personal opinion and tries tom pass it off as fact.

Took you a while to do so tho didn't it? Rather than ask a simple question or even do a little research you resorted to attacking me and the facts that I presented.

What I claimed wasn't an opinion dickhead,it was a act,which was acked up by the fight that TheGreatA provided.Hell even when he did,you still questioned it.

Get a grip you clown

No, you are just so sad and childish that you continue to go to the good karma thread to beg for green even though you say that doesn't matter to you. Pathetic. Me? I've got respect in the real world and on these forums where I don't have to continually argue and insult people. When I'm wrong I'm wrong. No big deal. You on the other hand.......Lmao!!!!

You have no respect or place in the real world,which is why you come to this forum and speak so passionately aout it.

You have objected to two of my posts in the past and have done so rather aggressively of which you were then put in your place and I didn't need to claim "OWNAGE" in the matter either.

I'd quit while I were ahead if I were you.

[
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile. Wanna bet more people see things more like me than you? You're arguments are sad, hence all the red k you continue to receive. (sniffle) (boo hoo). :rofl:

Oh wowz,internet REZPEXT,congratulations that others don't object to your moronic way of thinking.

The red k is given by insecure little trannies like you who did so on the moment you realised that it was me.

I can live with it as respect isn't limited to the interwebz,you should take note of that sometime

JAB5239
10-06-2009, 03:15 AM
Took you a while to do so tho didn't it? Rather than ask a simple question or even do a little research you resorted to attacking me and the facts that I presented.

What I claimed wasn't an opinion dickhead,it was a act,which was acked up by the fight that TheGreatA provided.Hell even when he did,you still questioned it.

Get a grip you clown

Lol, now you want to TheGreatA to provide you with credit even though I stated I wasn't sure about this fight AND tou have continuously tried to discredit most of his pasts posts? Classic!! Simply classic!!

You have no respect or place in the real world,which is why you come to this forum and speak so passionately aout it.

You have objected to two of my posts in the past and have done so rather aggressively of which you were then put in your place and I didn't need to claim "OWNAGE" in the matter either.

I'd quit while I were ahead if I were you.

Two? Two posts I've objected to? I eat you alive in almost every thread. You're an idiot who squeezes one by every once in awhile. And just remember.......I am ahead.......far ahead!:lol1:

Oh wowz,internet REZPEXT,congratulations that others don't object to your moronic way of thinking.

The red k is given by insecure little trannies like you who did so on the moment you realised that it was me.

I can live with it as respect isn't limited to the interwebz,you should take note of that sometime

If you could live with it you wouldn't be begging for green in the good karma thread, would you?

My reputation on this forum has been built on 99% of my posts. Lol, yours has to though, right?

If I didn't want my opinions validated I wouldn't bother posting here, neither would you. Unfortunately one of us gets banned and begs for green, while the other one earns it. :fing26:

Bigmacpoper
10-06-2009, 04:48 AM
Lol, now you want to TheGreatA to provide you with credit even though I stated I wasn't sure about this fight AND tou have continuously tried to discredit most of his pasts posts? Classic!! Simply classic!!

I don't want any credit from him as I don't need to run behind him to fight my arguments over the internet as I am more than capable of doing so myself.

He posted a fight that had Panama Lewis in Gatti's corner,this isn't difficult to take in,he's either in a guy's corner or he's not and as the video has shown,he was.

Two? Two posts I've objected to? I eat you alive in almost every thread. You're an idiot who squeezes one by every once in awhile. And just remember.......I am ahead.......far ahead!:lol1:

And yet you don't,if you were so conident of owning me then you wouldn't proclaim to have done so in every response,your claims are that of a desperate,insecure delusional fool.

I used two clear cases of you being stupid and wrong and you can't do the same as you have never actually done the same using a legitimate argument,providing legitimate sources to back it up also.

If you could live with it you wouldn't be begging for green in the good karma thread, would you?

Yes I would,that particular thread is a simple gimmick that doesn't actually affect a posters anning on this site,I did so under the impression that it did.

How sad was it that you had to follow me to that thread and try to challenge me there also.

My reputation on this forum has been built on 99% of my posts. Lol, yours has to though, right?

Listen to yourself? "my reputation on this forum" It's an internet forum you clown,you're conversing with others whom know nothing about you and vice versa,where the hell does respect play into here?

You really are that stupid and delusional.

If I didn't want my opinions validated I wouldn't bother posting here, neither would you. Unfortunately one of us gets banned and begs for green, while the other one earns it. :fing26:

Again listen to yourself,Earns it? You haven't earned a damn thing and noody does on an internet forum,you take this forum way too seriously,do you ejaculate every time you see that you butt buddy Poet has given you green karma?

Just so you know,Poet is under the impression that you are under the age of 14 and your constant nosing in-between his cheeks doesn't matter aslong as he presumes that is your age.

JAB5239
10-06-2009, 05:19 AM
I don't want any credit from him as I don't need to run behind him to fight my arguments over the internet as I am more than capable of doing so myself.

He posted a fight that had Panama Lewis in Gatti's corner,this isn't difficult to take in,he's either in a guy's corner or he's not and as the video has shown,he was.

And yet you don't,if you were so conident of owning me then you wouldn't proclaim to have done so in every response,your claims are that of a desperate,insecure delusional fool.

I used two clear cases of you being stupid and wrong and you can't do the same as you have never actually done the same using a legitimate argument,providing legitimate sources to back it up also.

Yes I would,that particular thread is a simple gimmick that doesn't actually affect a posters anning on this site,I did so under the impression that it did.

How sad was it that you had to follow me to that thread and try to challenge me there also.

Listen to yourself? "my reputation on this forum" It's an internet forum you clown,you're conversing with others whom know nothing about you and vice versa,where the hell does respect play into here?

You really are that stupid and delusional.

Again listen to yourself,Earns it? You haven't earned a damn thing and noody does on an internet forum,you take this forum way too seriously,do you ejaculate every time you see that you butt buddy Poet has given you green karma?

Just so you know,Poet is under the impression that you are under the age of 14 and your constant nosing in-between his cheeks doesn't matter aslong as he presumes that is your age.

Pardon me tonight, but all I read was(sniffle, sniffle) Joe Frazier and Jimmy Young were both better than Ron Lyle.

Just so no know, only an immature 12 year old would even write your last sentence. CONGRATULATIONS!!! :*******: