View Full Version : WORLD CHAMPS... If It Wasn't For Cuts?

mickey malone
10-03-2009, 07:04 AM
Sure there's plenty of these...

Henry Cooper & Billy Schwer immediately come to mind as fighters who could have won the title.. I'm not saying either would have kept the title for long, but both, in my opinion were capable of winning it, had they not been as 'Raw Boned'..

Be interesting to see who you all come up with... Regards mm

CCobra
10-03-2009, 07:28 AM
Charles could have been World Champ if Marciano was stopped on cuts.

GJC
10-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Charles could have been World Champ if Marciano was stopped on cuts.
Think cuts and the less liberal refs would have held Marciano back more than the size/speed arguments that many forward.
We did realise Marciano was clumsy and small in the 50's you know we wasn't blind even though the world was in black and white then :)
Yes the Charles cut was a shocker any ref would stop on that cut now.

CCobra
10-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Think cuts and the less liberal refs would have held Marciano back more than the size/speed arguments that many forward.
We did realise Marciano was clumsy and small in the 50's you know we wasn't blind even though the world was in black and white then :)
Yes the Charles cut was a shocker any ref would stop on that cut now.

Definitely. The fight would have been stopped by any referee in todays game and rightfully so. That would have made Charles the first man ever to regain the Heavyweight title, wouldn't it?

BattlingNelson
10-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Not trying to start an argument, but Vitali Klitschko MIGHT have beaten Lennox had he not been cut.

mickey malone
10-06-2009, 06:19 AM
Not trying to start an argument, but Vitali Klitschko MIGHT have beaten Lennox had he not been cut.
No argument with me.. So do I...

Benncollinsaad
10-06-2009, 07:02 AM
No doubt about it. I'm sure this will prompt quite a few angry answers from biased Lewis lovers, but who gives a fuq.:rolleyes:

mickey malone
10-06-2009, 07:26 AM
No doubt about it. I'm sure this will prompt quite a few angry answers from biased Lewis lovers, but who gives a fuq.:rolleyes:
I'm well known as a big admirer, but certain things are just too obvious!

GJC
10-06-2009, 02:21 PM
I thought he did win according to most!
Lewis had won last 2 rounds so you could say he had momentum but he looked awful that night.