View Full Version : Most difficult games you've ever played?

▀ringer
10-03-2009, 03:32 AM
For me this one is a no brainer ; The "Devil May Cry" series.

I still have all 3 of them on my PS2. I've yet to beat the third level in the first one, and after trying 5,000 times on that I never even popped in the 2nd or 3rd.

It's safe to say I'll never buy the 4th.

Anybody here ever actually beat those damn games?

Jesus Christ ; they make me want to cry.

Equilibrium
10-03-2009, 05:50 AM

I still have all 3 of them on my PS2. I've yet to beat the third level in the first one, and after trying 5,000 times on that I never even popped in the 2nd or 3rd.

Beat 1 and 3, and got close to the end in the 4th one. They are pretty challenging indeed but i love them. The 4th one is pretty easy compared to the rest.

I used to think Devil may cry games were hard until i played ninja gaiden black and ninja gaiden 2. Ninja Gaiden Black was really hard but i never really even tried to get good at it.

Ninja Gaiden 2 kicks my ass so much i don't even feel like playing it. It's the kind of game you can break a controler over. I'm at the second boss, he always beats my ass in less than 30 seconds and i'm playing on the easiest setting. The game really doesn't give you any chances.

Just check out this video:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pJOUyHM3gik&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pJOUyHM3gik&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That guy makes it look much easier than it really is and he still struggles at times.

You need to be extremely defensive in that game unlike most other beat em ups. It's all about counter attacks and quick reflexes.

It has been sitting on my shelf for about a month, don't know if i'll try to play it again or just trade it in.

Grand Champ
10-03-2009, 06:43 AM
SFII HF for Xbox.

them_apples
10-03-2009, 02:49 PM
never could get project Gotham racing 2 platinum, only got all gold and 1/4 platinum.

Ether
10-03-2009, 03:32 PM
It's safe to say DMC4 > 2 & 3. and on par with 1.

Beat DMC4 bloody palace, beat it on hell or hell mode which is 1 hit death.

Beat RE4 ON professional, one of the toughest games ever.

RE5 on professional, solo without infinite ammo.

Bioshock on Hard.

Uncharted on Hard and Crushing.

Gears of war 1 & 2 on insane, solo.

Halo 1 & 3 on legendary, solo.

Ninja Gaiden, i believe has a natural difficult difficulty. Same with RE4.

Metal Gear 4 on extreme, also beat it on Normal with 0 alerts, 0 kills and 0 deaths.

Fight Night 4 on G.O.A.T on legacy mode with 0 losses.

Street Fighter IV on Hardest. ( don't think these count )

Heavenly Sword on Hell Mode.

Metal Gear 3 on Extreme.

Fallout 3 on Hard.

$partacus
10-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Formula 1 games are a challenge for me, i find it hard to complete a lap without going off the track. :lol1:

Clegg
10-03-2009, 04:18 PM
I didn't find Ninja Gaiden 2 that hard. Not saying I didn't struggle, but the only boss I remember being a cunt to beat was the final one, where it's basically a case of fighting like Calderon for 99% of the battle otherwise you get destroyed. I haven't played it for about a year though, so possibly I'm remembering wrong.

I finally got around to playing Guitar Hero last week, and I'm finding hard difficulty a complete ***** on that. The learning curve was perfect for easy and medium mode, but now:thinking:

I think a lot of the old school games were harder though. A big part of that is the lack of save games, but it's also because a lot of them were just plain difficult.

For current gen: the final mission for NOD on Command and Conquer 3 had me beat for a hell of a long time, and that's on easy mode. How the hell people complete that on hard and get all of the bonus stuff is beyond me. In the end I had to follow a step by step guide for it. I hate doing that, but I was in 'by any means neccessary' mode by then.

On The Godfather (360 version) there's a house you have to bomb, but it's surrounded by enemies, and more arrive as soon as you attack. Spent quite a while trying it but in the end I was reduced to cheating.

TNA Impact has a system where you can be dominating a fight, but your opponent reverses everything you do, and their special bar powers up far quicker than yours. So your 40 attacks are inferior to 4 of theirs. Also, kicking out of a pin requires you do move the analogue really fast from side to side, which makes it really hard to kick out of pins.

For older games, I got my arse kicked on Evander Holyfield boxing 1000 times. The final boss on Sonic 2 still takes me about 10 lives to kill. I'm unable to complete Goldeneye on the hardest difficulties.

What's hard for me to think of are games that are hard, but still great (or at least fun). Command and Conquer is one of those, not sure what else.

Freddy Krueger
10-03-2009, 04:21 PM
**** the street fighter games, someone is an ******* who ever made those games. They are ****ing hard, and ninja gaiden was kind of hard too. I hate extremely hard games because it takes the fun out of the game to me personally.

Oasis_Lad
10-03-2009, 04:22 PM
100% completion of Goldeneye still remains, to this day, my greatest achievement in the gaming world.

I almost wept when I achieved that last challenge to receive the final cheat.

▀ringer
10-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Beat 1 and 3, and got close to the end in the 4th one. They are pretty challenging indeed but i love them. The 4th one is pretty easy compared to the rest.

I used to think Devil may cry games were hard until i played ninja gaiden black and ninja gaiden 2. Ninja Gaiden Black was really hard but i never really even tried to get good at it.

Ninja Gaiden 2 kicks my ass so much i don't even feel like playing it. It's the kind of game you can break a controler over. I'm at the second boss, he always beats my ass in less than 30 seconds and i'm playing on the easiest setting. The game really doesn't give you any chances.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pJOUyHM3gik&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pJOUyHM3gik&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That guy makes it look much easier than it really is and he still struggles at times.

You need to be extremely defensive in that game unlike most other beat em ups. It's all about counter attacks and quick reflexes.

It has been sitting on my shelf for about a month, don't know if i'll try to play it again or just trade it in.

Weirdly enough ; I played and beat both the original "Gaiden" remake on the Xbox, and the "black" version and beat them both at least 10 times.

I never got why so many complained about their difficulty.

2 I've yet to play.

But I can't beat DMC to save my ass.

TRAVI$
10-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Formula 1 games are a challenge for me, i find it hard to complete a lap without going off the track. :lol1:

Agreed, those games are ****ing cunts.

oc9979
10-04-2009, 06:02 PM
metal gear with no alert is hard

???
10-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Tomb Raider 4 on PS1 was quite hard.

BOLLOCKS
10-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Flintstones and Resident evil.

Little Mac
10-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo

Left2body
10-06-2009, 12:31 AM
Chess hands down. Easy to learn very hard to master. Only game where I've studied and read multiple books in order to get better.

chimeara27
10-06-2009, 03:55 AM
devil may cry.

Spartacus Sully
10-06-2009, 06:14 AM
Gt3 hardest game ive ever played if where talking about 100% completing the game.

As far as just all around game play ill have to go with act raiser 2

Ryn0
10-06-2009, 07:39 AM

I actually found the DMC quite easy, I beat DMC3 on Heaven or Hell mode, i beat DMC4 on Dante must Die but got stuck on the plant lady as Dante in Heaven or Hell.

Ninja Gaiden is the hardest game I've ever played, beat Ninja Gaiden Sigma on Master Ninja and trying beat the 2nd one on Master Ninja but I fear I won't do it. Unreal Tournament 3 on Hard was pretty damn tough on PS3. Oh and Metal Gear Solid 3 on Big Boss extreme took me months...

Most games "hard" mode are pretty easy for example Halos legendary is easy because of the checkpoints, this is the same with Resistance, Killzone, Gears of War and Uncharted. RPGs also tend to be easy when you go for the toughest bosses aslong as you level grind it just tends to be the fighting games which are hard but as long as figure out a pattern its pretty easy as long as there are no mistakes.

Demon Souls is my next challenge as soon as the PS3 is fixed.

-Hyperion-
10-06-2009, 10:55 PM
chessmaster......unreal tournament 3 in inhuman or whatever the **** the last difficulty level is called......mother****ers kill you in less than 6 seconds....

sleazyfellow
10-07-2009, 01:55 AM
The hardest games I've played are from way back in the day.

Donkey Kong
Pac Man
Ghouls and Ghost
Super Ghouls and Ghost
Q-Bert

Theres way too many to list, but games these days are generally easier, although I had a hell of a time beatin viewtiful joe on the gamecube.

Ryn0
10-07-2009, 12:10 PM
chessmaster......unreal tournament 3 in inhuman or whatever the **** the last difficulty level is called......mother****ers kill you in less than 6 seconds....
Yeah, that was the one. That was horrible, I got some way in then gave up.

Sick/
10-07-2009, 12:35 PM
devil may cry.

DMC is easy. It's unlimited ammo

Really easy and fun game.

Sick/
10-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Rayman 1 was pretty hard and Mario Galaxy getting all 120 stars with Mario and Luigi

▀ringer
10-08-2009, 03:15 AM
LOL@ Quite a few of you guys saying DMC is easy.

Maybe it's just me, guys.

I'm going to have to give those games another whirl one final time and really give it my best ; I'll report back whenever I have the time to do so.

But I think it's going to end the same way it always does for me on DMC ; That goddamn tarantula just kicking the **** out of me until I drop dead like a total prick.

D-MiZe
10-08-2009, 03:50 AM
Anyone else find that all the games now are becoming real easy?

Not only single player, but multiplayer too.

Gone have the days when you required some sort of skill to be the best on a game or to complete it. Now all the games are made to be easy, so that more people buy them.

The best game on Xbox 360 at the moment in terms of skill is Shadowrun. But hardly anyone plays it because it's not easy. There are still a dedicated group that play it, but most are playing Call of Duty or Halo.

Modern Warfare 2 is going to be another easy game. Both on single player and multi-player.

**** like juggernaut and martyrdom ruined CoD4.

Clegg
10-08-2009, 04:06 AM
I think the main thing is the save game/continues. Nowadays everytime you walk into a room it's a checkpoint, and you have infinite lives.

▀ringer
10-08-2009, 04:21 AM
I think the main thing is the save game/continues. Nowadays everytime you walk into a room it's a checkpoint, and you have infinite lives.

Quoted for truth.

Too many save points, too many checkpoints, too much ammo, too many lazy gamers.

A friend of mine is all of the above.

Dude keeps his laptop running on the couch right next to him whenever he's playing anything.

Always pulled up on a Gamefaqs walkthrough for whatever he's playing a tthe moment so that he never "gets stuck".

God forbid you actually try to figure something out on your own, 'ya know?

Ontop of that, he skims the entire walkthrough before he even starts playing ; so he knows all the puzzle solutions if there are any, and he knows what kinds of bosses he'll be facing before he even sees them.

I find that **** ridiculous.

It seems to me like you're defeating the entire point.

Alexandros
10-08-2009, 05:01 AM
No game is difficult for me when i play the computer, only humans give some hard time like in rome total i can't win over prince of macedon that guy is good so damn good.

D-MiZe
10-08-2009, 05:03 AM
No game is difficult for me when i play the computer, only humans give some hard time like in rome total i can't win over prince of macedon that guy is good so damn good.

Is the game any good?

Like AoE?

Spartacus Sully
10-08-2009, 05:16 AM
Always pulled up on a Gamefaqs walkthrough for whatever he's playing a tthe moment so that he never "gets stuck".

Ontop of that, he skims the entire walkthrough before he even starts playing ; so he knows all the puzzle solutions if there are any, and he knows what kinds of bosses he'll be facing before he even sees them.

Walkthroughs are awesome. Earthbound came with a walkthrough and it's still an atg.

if you start a game with a walk through you have to finish it with it like if you do something with out checking out the walkthrough first you might screw up the big plan that the walk through has for you then you have to go find another walk through or make due. Personally i like to play the game and get as far as i can then ill break out the walkthrough and try to get the best gear or what ever then ill beat the game. then i play the game again completely following the walk through making sure not to miss anything. though with games now adays it seems that you cant really miss anything long gone are the days of mario where you couldnt even run backwards.

msagrain
10-08-2009, 01:27 PM
I say you are a good gamer if you can get platinum on killzone 2 (doing it all on elite)

TintaBoricua
10-12-2009, 04:50 AM
It's safe to say DMC4 > 2 & 3. and on par with 1.

Beat DMC4 bloody palace, beat it on hell or hell mode which is 1 hit death.

Beat RE4 ON professional, one of the toughest games ever.

RE5 on professional, solo without infinite ammo.

Bioshock on Hard.

Uncharted on Hard and Crushing.

Gears of war 1 & 2 on insane, solo.

Halo 1 & 3 on legendary, solo.

Ninja Gaiden, i believe has a natural difficult difficulty. Same with RE4.

Metal Gear 4 on extreme, also beat it on Normal with 0 alerts, 0 kills and 0 deaths.

Fight Night 4 on G.O.A.T on legacy mode with 0 losses.

Street Fighter IV on Hardest. ( don't think these count )

Heavenly Sword on Hell Mode.

Metal Gear 3 on Extreme.

Fallout 3 on Hard.

Re4 isn't that hard, IMO. RE5 is a ***** to go through on Solo on Professional w/o infinite ammo. The game punishes you for every stupid mistake you make. THAT is hell...I'll give you that.

A friend of mine goes crazy over Ninja Gaiden 2...he's actually completing the game on the final difficulty setting. Needless to say, he's gone through hundreds and hundreds of hours of suffering, which have ultimately made him a MUCH better player throughout this time. He just blows the game right out of the water in the lower difficulties, but I can see why he just sulks and tosses his controller aside on the last difficulty (Master?), the most basic enemies are a pain to deal with. 3-5 explosive shurikens combo landed on you=DEATH.

I dunno about the rest, although I did pass MGS4 and get the Big Boss rank, that was painstaking, but not as bad as RE5 on solo.

Shinobi (PS2) on the highest difficulty (last level+boss fight) is absolute hell. Without a shred of doubt I say this.

10-12-2009, 05:09 AM
To this day the CONTRA games have been the most difficult games I've played

Ether
10-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Re4 isn't that hard, IMO. RE5 is a ***** to go through on Solo on Professional w/o infinite ammo. The game punishes you for every stupid mistake you make. THAT is hell...I'll give you that.

A friend of mine goes crazy over Ninja Gaiden 2...he's actually completing the game on the final difficulty setting. Needless to say, he's gone through hundreds and hundreds of hours of suffering, which have ultimately made him a MUCH better player throughout this time. He just blows the game right out of the water in the lower difficulties, but I can see why he just sulks and tosses his controller aside on the last difficulty (Master?), the most basic enemies are a pain to deal with. 3-5 explosive shurikens combo landed on you=DEATH.

I dunno about the rest, although I did pass MGS4 and get the Big Boss rank, that was painstaking, but not as bad as RE5 on solo.

Shinobi (PS2) on the highest difficulty (last level+boss fight) is absolute hell. Without a shred of doubt I say this.

Yeah man, I know how your friend feels, i think that's how it is.. I used to get my ass tore up on Devil May Cry 4, but after 109 hours.. it's like any other difficulty but the one which kills me in 1 hit is a joke, i am unbelievable in the game. I was in the top 600 in the world before I quit playing, game is old now lol. But i'm gonna try Ninja Gaiden 2 here soon.. Ninja Gaiden will break someone so fast. Props to you for getting the Big Boss rank on MGS4, apparently they might release a patch still that gives the game trophies. Konami won't give an official answer.

Crazylegs77
10-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Ghosts N Goblins

Bsquared
10-12-2009, 12:26 PM
100% completion of Goldeneye still remains, to this day, my greatest achievement in the gaming world.

I almost wept when I achieved that last challenge to receive the final cheat.

I never got 100% through it but that was my favorite game of all time.

Gojira
10-18-2009, 01:01 PM
God of war 2 was quite hard, especially he puzzles.

ES oblivion is extremely hard with the slider all the ay up. you can be killed by just one hit.

- v e t -
10-18-2009, 01:05 PM

yeah... well, in my case Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.... even Ninja Gaiden Sigma...

both were hard as f*ck... just down right frustrating! and it fit through the whole series, no joke i never was able to finish Ninja Gaiden I on NES... i get a sick feeling in my gut when i envision the way the screen switches colors when you die and you're out of lives... so many hours on that ****... what a hard franchise!

dummydam
10-24-2009, 08:08 AM
for me.....project Gotham racing 2 platinum was by far the difficult game i have played

NAPO
10-24-2009, 10:59 AM
God of war 2 was quite hard, especially he puzzles.

ES oblivion is extremely hard with the slider all the ay up. you can be killed by just one hit.

Mmmm no just no?

It wasn't easy neither, but if you played the first one you already knew what you had to do on the second part.

▀ringer
10-24-2009, 10:26 PM
Mmmm no just no?

It wasn't easy neither, but if you played the first one you already knew what you had to do on the second part.

Agreed.

It was a ***** on "Titan mode", though.

Especially Zeus.

Chunk..
10-24-2009, 10:48 PM
Paper Boy 2 was a *****!

Ryn0
10-25-2009, 06:19 AM
I guarantee, difficulty playing Unreal Tournament 3 on Inhuman or whatever the last difficulty is

And Ninja Gaiden sigma either 1-2 on master ninja.

If say either of those give you no challange, you're lying.

The Scientist
10-30-2009, 05:47 PM
Bionic Commando- NES

Metriod- NES

Contra- NES

Super Turrican- SNES

Strider- Sega Genisis

Raiden 1 & 2- Arcade

Insector X- Arcade

Ninja Gaiden Sigma One- PS3

Elder Scrolls VI: Oblivion (at maximum difficulty)- PS3

Red Ace
11-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Sports betting.

The only game that can leave you thousands in debt and real life bad guys knocking at your back door.

▀ringer
09-27-2012, 11:24 PM
BUMP because I'm currently playing through 'Dark Souls' and not seeing what all the fuss was about.

Ether
09-28-2012, 12:28 AM
Define currently playing through, bro.

Soul level, and current time of playing, it will say absolutely everything..

what is it?

▀ringer
09-28-2012, 05:38 PM
Not sure, really. I'm switching between 'Dark Souls', 'Borderlands', and a few others.

I don't think I'm that far into it yet, though. I haven't played in a few days and the last time I did I beat the Taurus Demon. I've died a few times mostly due to aimless wandering where I ended up in areas with enemies at a much higher level than myself. But so far I've found that by level grinding in areas where enemies are similarly levelled to myself that it's significantly easier to progress, just like in any other RPG.

I did die once while trying to recover my bloodstain and about 10,000 souls once though. That almost pissed me off, but thankfully I don't get easily frustrated.

bojangles1987
09-28-2012, 06:06 PM
BUMP because I'm currently playing through 'Dark Souls' and not seeing what all the fuss was about.

The difficulty in the Souls games is vastly overblown. They aren't easy or anything, but the way reviewers talk about it you would think they are impossible. Just approach fights intelligently and you'll usually be fine, other than one extremely unfair section.

09-28-2012, 06:36 PM
Guess I'll bring up some of the old ones.

Battletoads (NES) - Couldn't even get past the turbo tunnel.

Ninja Gaiden III (NES)- Hard as hell with limited continues.

Castlevania (NES) - Could only get to Frankenstein's monster.

Equinox (SNES)- If this game hadn't been a rental I'd have broken it.

Super Ghouls and Ghosts (SNES)- Just play it. Hard as hell just like the NES ones.

Resident Evil: Code Veronica (Dreamcast and Gamecube)- Use your ribbons sparingly and make sure you have a few save slots instead of just one.

F-Zero GX (Gamecube)- Try to stay on the track if you can. Can't even make it to the finish line half the time.

TheHolyCross
09-28-2012, 06:53 PM
resident evil outbreak number 2(i think)

i can't complete a single scenerio, let alone the game

▀ringer
09-28-2012, 10:31 PM
The difficulty in the Souls games is vastly overblown. They aren't easy or anything, but the way reviewers talk about it you would think they are impossible. Just approach fights intelligently and you'll usually be fine, other than one extremely unfair section.

This sums up my experience thus far. I think a lot of people approach it as a typical hack and slash and just run in ready to kick ass, they forget that it's an RPG which takes tons of time and patience. I pick enemies off from afar with my short bow and when I'm surrounded by multiples I'll just retreat backwards a bit, luring them towards me, and dealing with them one to two at a time, max.

It basically boils down to being smart and keeping an eye on your health and stamina.

I should also note I didn't have much trouble with 'Demon's Souls' on the PS3 over a year ago, either.

▀ringer
09-28-2012, 10:37 PM
Guess I'll bring up some of the old ones.

Battletoads (NES) - Couldn't even get past the turbo tunnel.

Ninja Gaiden III (NES)- Hard as hell with limited continues.

Castlevania (NES) - Could only get to Frankenstein's monster.

Equinox (SNES)- If this game hadn't been a rental I'd have broken it.

Super Ghouls and Ghosts (SNES)- Just play it. Hard as hell just like the NES ones.

Resident Evil: Code Veronica (Dreamcast and Gamecube)- Use your ribbons sparingly and make sure you have a few save slots instead of just one.

F-Zero GX (Gamecube)- Try to stay on the track if you can. Can't even make it to the finish line half the time.

Pretty much every game created prior to 1991 was incredibly f*cking difficult.

I never had a problem with RE : Code Veronica when I originally bought it with my Dreamcast back in the day. I beat it quite a few times rather easily, but then years later I picked up the Gamecube version and HOLY SH*T that game beat my ass. The amount of ammo available in that game has to be the lowest amount in any RE game to date. There were extended periods during that Gamecube revisit where I was armed only with a knife, running from anything and everything that came at me.

Eventually I couldn't run away anymore, as I got to that part where you HAVE to kill the Bandersnatch in the lift room in order for the cutscene to que with Steve coming to the rescue. Imagine trying to kill a Bandersnatch with a knife.

I gave up and never touched it since.

bojangles1987
09-28-2012, 10:42 PM
This sums up my experience thus far. I think a lot of people approach it as a typical hack and slash and just run in ready to kick ass, they forget that it's an RPG which takes tons of time and patience. I pick enemies off from afar with my short bow and when I'm surrounded by multiples I'll just retreat backwards a bit, luring them towards me, and dealing with them one to two at a time, max.

It basically boils down to being smart and keeping an eye on your health and stamina.

I should also note I didn't have much trouble with 'Demon's Souls' on the PS3 over a year ago, either.

It's depressing to think about how many people were probably scared off of either game because they were worried about difficulty.

▀ringer
09-28-2012, 10:57 PM
I still suck at the DMC games, for the record. Haven't beaten a single one of 'em.

Other games I've found difficult over the years :

Donkey Kong 64 - The game itself wasn't hard at all, but in order to have the final boss fight with K Rool you needed to beat the arcade version of the original Donkey Kong and after about the 3rd level that game gets f*cking ridiculous. Mario can't even take a 1 inch fall without dying, and the level with the platforms that move up and down is especially irritating. Eventually my brother beat that part of the game for me somehow, so I was able to finish this one.

Lethal Weapon for the SNES - This game was given to me by a female friend of mine whose ex left a basket of 15 SNES games at her house. Most of them were absolute sh*t, but this was the worst of the bunch. Even worse than Revolution X, which I also got in that same basket. The game has nothing to do with the plotline of the movies whatsoever and halfway through Joe Pesci shows up and you wonder WTF he's doing there as he didn't appear in the films until the third installment.

One level you're on a cruise ship battling dock workers and hostile life preservers for no apparent reason, the next level you're swimming in an alligator infested sewer looking for terrorist bombs. The level design is absolute sh*t with tons of seemingly harmless background items actually killing you if you accidentally walk into them. The game requires a lot of platforming which is also executed rather poorly as certain platforms have no physics to them whatsoever, and you'll often find yourself falling through invisible holes in the floor, or dying instantly from jumping on the wrong platform.

To top it all off the entire time you're playing this bug-ridden piece of horse dung you're on a time limit so even if you manage to avoid all the issues with collision detection, enemy AI, level design, and the like you're likely still going to die anyway because the clock starts the moment the level does and it runs in double time so you're basically f*cked unless you're Japanese.

Mega Man 9 - I grew up on the Megaman franchise and still love many of them today, none more so than the first 3 installments in the X series, but attempting to play this game is just asking to have your entire day ruined. I'm not even stretching it when I say that you'd get more enjoyment out of having a morbidly obese transvestite with genital warts squat on your face for 6 hours.

Ether
09-28-2012, 11:01 PM
You're only past Taurus Demon, bro?

My friend, what you are about to go through is far worse.

But i already highly respect you more for getting to where you are.

Your first run through, use the white stone and summon others whenever you play online.

Dying = progress, learning, getting better

you being able to keep going = we dont know.

Miburo
09-29-2012, 12:37 AM
Among games I've played extensively, Castlevania 3, Contra 4, and Virtua Fighter 2 on the hardest difficulty with AI learning.

RwK
09-29-2012, 02:32 AM
Obviously Demon's Souls.

I haven't played the sequel Dark Souls.............but Demon's Souls was frustrating and it took me forever to learn how to not die.

Like any f**king human in his right mind agrees that when you first play that game you want to throw the ps3 against the wall.

TX_BOXNG
09-29-2012, 10:53 AM
donkey kong 64 was a lil tough

but my toughest game n favorite that enjoy while it being difficult was= Turok 2 seeds of evil thats the only turok game i enjoyed but man that game was tough, i played it when i was a kid

i bought a 64 n bought that game not to long ago, its challenging for me still now days

I also agree with games being easy, like call of duty n halo, those are simple games where u just have to shoot ur way thru

elgranluchadore
09-29-2012, 11:02 AM
ya the hardest parts of demon and dark souls was that i kept falling to my death on alot of levels

Mannie Phresh
09-29-2012, 11:06 AM
Beat mgs4 on big boss mode, beat fight champion goat mode had 5 losses though 3 to damn lenox lewis, beat all levels of horde on insanity on gow 2, and marble madness.

▀ringer
09-29-2012, 02:13 PM
Left 4 Dead II on Expert Realism.

bojangles1987
09-29-2012, 02:50 PM
Beat mgs4 on big boss mode, beat fight champion goat mode had 5 losses though 3 to damn lenox lewis, beat all levels of horde on insanity on gow 2, and marble madness.

I could never beat MGS4 on the hardest difficulty without killing someone. F***ing bullsh** motorcyle chase.

09-30-2012, 12:47 AM
Pretty much every game created prior to 1991 was incredibly f*cking difficult.

I never had a problem with RE : Code Veronica when I originally bought it with my Dreamcast back in the day. I beat it quite a few times rather easily, but then years later I picked up the Gamecube version and HOLY SH*T that game beat my ass. The amount of ammo available in that game has to be the lowest amount in any RE game to date. There were extended periods during that Gamecube revisit where I was armed only with a knife, running from anything and everything that came at me.

Eventually I couldn't run away anymore, as I got to that part where you HAVE to kill the Bandersnatch in the lift room in order for the cutscene to que with Steve coming to the rescue. Imagine trying to kill a Bandersnatch with a knife.

I gave up and never touched it since.

Well maybe that's why I find it so difficult. Admittedly, I haven't played the Dreamcast version since probably 2000 or 2001 which was when the Dreamcast was still active. I had only rented that version and had never got around to beating it. I bought the Gamecube version years later on sale but could only get as far as the second disk as Chris Redfield. I have no healing items left to deal with the hunters and I'm not about to start over again. I had to give up. Sucks that the knife is pretty much useless in the older versions of Resident Evil while in RE 4 and 5 I've seen videos of people doing walkthroughs with the knife only.

El Pistolero
09-30-2012, 01:16 AM
It's not hard but it's a achievement in itself if you get GTA IV's Wanted trophy. Holy ****, that trophy is depressing.

Shao Khan was a cheap ass mother ****er back on the arcades in MK2 and speaking of MK, try the Kombo Challenges in MK vs DC for some fun.

Col. Hans Landa
09-30-2012, 08:06 AM
Mortal Kombat 2,arcade version

-Kev-
10-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Quoted for truth.

Too many save points, too many checkpoints, too much ammo, too many lazy gamers.

A friend of mine is all of the above.

Dude keeps his laptop running on the couch right next to him whenever he's playing anything.

I hate that, it takes the life out of the game.

If anything, the best thing about a game is when you're stuck and have to think really hard of what the hell you gotta do. I love that happening to me to the point where I just turn off the system.

ROYistheGOAT
10-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Angry birds. Getting a perfect score on everything without using youtube? Impossible!

▀ringer
10-06-2012, 07:15 PM
I hate that, it takes the life out of the game.

If anything, the best thing about a game is when you're stuck and have to think really hard of what the hell you gotta do. I love that happening to me to the point where I just turn off the system.

It's f*cking weak and he's still doing it. I definitely agree that it sucks all the life out of a video game. I don't even see the point in playing if you've already prepped yourself for all the puzzles and boss encounters.

On topic : I picked up 'Ninja Gaiden 2' for like the 4th time today at Gamestop, and I'll be attempting to beat it on Master Ninja mode in a few days. I had made it through to chapter 8 on previous versions but ended up trading it in before I finished it, so I'm just going to start over again and see what happens.

Sage84
10-08-2012, 11:18 AM
How about Terminator 2 on the Sega Mega Drive!!

FCUK ME that was hard! Even with 2 players and cheats I NEVER got past the level where the truck was being chased by Terminators - if you've played it, you'll know exactly which bit I mean!

Malius
10-09-2012, 02:07 AM
Commander Keen (with no codes) I was 8 but damn it was hard. Only game I didn't finish. Also Alex Kidd in miracle world but my parents didn't let me keep the master system on overnight.