View Full Version : Games you like that others don't?

Freddy Krueger
10-03-2009, 01:40 AM
Kane and Lynch, I think its a bad ass game :D

For some reason the game got mixed reviews, I like it more then the hitman series personally. Plus the fact my pc easy maxes out the graphics and I run it at 16x aa and it looks gorgeous on my 25.5 inch mointor in 1080p hd!

Little Mac
10-03-2009, 01:47 AM
Sega's Virtual On, but only with the Twin Sticks or Dualshock controller. I'm also a sucker for light-gun games.

Infern0
10-03-2009, 03:06 AM
Last Remnant

▀ringer
10-03-2009, 04:30 AM
Most people hated the "Shenmue" series, whereas I absolutely loved it.

The "Megaman X" series is another most hated, due to it's "difficulty", that I loved. (Though they basically ruined them after X3.)

"Mario is Missing" on the SNES got more than a ****load of horrible reviews, and while a complete rape of the "Mario" franchise and what you've come to expect from it ; I enjoyed it anyway.

Hmmm.......

All the old school "Resident Evil" games took a ****load of flack for their control schemes and difficulty level, but I loved all of those as well.

A lot of SNES boxing titles, as well. In particular "Boxing ; Legends of the Ring". Difficult as hell but easy to figure out if you have the time.

"Plok!" on the SNES. I think that's probably the most underrated gem on the console but it's difficulty, and the total lack of any "save" feature, coupled with an inability to revisit previous levels to "build extra lives" makes it enough to reduce any normal gamer to tears.

robjr
10-03-2009, 03:48 PM
indigo prophecy

Freddy Krueger
10-03-2009, 05:11 PM

Me and you talked about this once. My screenname before this was castortroy, godofwar, godofwarII, jayfelice, and I don't know of the other ones. I liked Shenmue and I've actually might a quite a few ppl who tend to like it just as much as I did. Maybe I'm in an odd spot in New Jersey because I don't know anyone that actually hates the game.

Chr0nic
10-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Kane and Lynch, I think its a bad ass game :D

For some reason the game got mixed reviews, I like it more then the hitman series personally. Plus the fact my pc easy maxes out the graphics and I run it at 16x aa and it looks gorgeous on my 25.5 inch mointor in 1080p hd!
kane and lynch is a ****in **** game, damn it pisses me off just thinkin about it

Freddy Krueger
10-03-2009, 05:18 PM
kane and lynch is a ****in **** game, damn it pisses me off just thinkin about it

What does everyone hate about it? The guy at the store I got it from told me he hated the fact that it had a white dot as a target... Which doesn't seem to bother me much.

▀ringer
10-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Me and you talked about this once. My screenname before this was castortroy, godofwar, godofwarII, jayfelice, and I don't know of the other ones. I liked Shenmue and I've actually might a quite a few ppl who tend to like it just as much as I did. Maybe I'm in an odd spot in New Jersey because I don't know anyone that actually hates the game.

Yeah, I remember that. Good convos. :fing02:

None of my friends ever understood what I liked about it.

Clegg
10-03-2009, 08:01 PM
I liked Kane and Lynch at first. Robbing banks, breaking people out of prison etc. was great. But then it became like a **** version of COD4, fighting with an army against another amy, attacking helicopters, sneaking through the jungle...

The first half>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The second half IMO.

robjr
10-03-2009, 08:30 PM
hitman blood money

Chip2006uk
10-03-2009, 08:50 PM

Loved the first shenmue, had it on the dreamcast, just loved the realism of it (very limited daily allowance, having to get a job etc). Slow slow game but I think it was one of the first truly free roaming games that came out.

About 3/4s of the way through Shenmue 2 at the moment, not as good, not as in depth compared to the first but its much bigger and still pretty good. Just got into the Kowloon walled city. Its the kind of game I play on a very slow chilled day where I cant be arsed doing anything strenous or mind taxing

popkins99
10-03-2009, 09:16 PM
kane and lynch's gameplay got too repetitive for me. and like clegg said, the 1st half of the game was decent, the 2nd half was just awful. i bought the game coz it resembled a michael mann film cough heat cough they ****ed it up for me when they went all rambo on it.

anyway, a game i liked that everybody hated was leisure suit larry: magda cum laude.

Ether
10-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Shenmue was indeed, amazing. And Indigo Prophecy pwned.

One game I enjoyed that most didn't was Heavenly Sword.