View Full Version : This is how they spar in my gym

Mr. Ryan
10-02-2009, 08:14 PM
I call this "The Four Corners of Death" LOL

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tjvMZz9ljE8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tjvMZz9ljE8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Oriachim
10-02-2009, 08:26 PM
that little black kid was obviously sparring people who was new to boxing or?

Junito-Rulez
10-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Damn this black kid is good. Keep posting these vidz man, it's very interesting.

Mr. Ryan
10-02-2009, 08:45 PM

"That little black kid" is a national Junior Olympic champion, the medium sized white kid is a top amateur around here that was a wrestling champion and the smallest one Isaac is one of the best 8 year olds in the country. Only the biggest kid is a novice.

Mr. Ryan
10-02-2009, 08:46 PM

They call him "Kid Chocolate", he's really good. I like the smallest one Isaac, he is a real banger. Not much power cuz he's so young but man does he like to fight. You should've seen it, his nose was all busted towards the end but he kept pushing forward.

We have another JO at the gym named Julian Hernandez, he's 14 and the best JO in the country at his weight.

Junito-Rulez
10-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Asian Sensation, are you a BS journalist?

Mr. Ryan
10-03-2009, 02:31 AM
Asian Sensation, are you a BS journalist?

No, but I work for BoxingScene :boxing:

bernardotelo
10-03-2009, 07:04 AM
i'd **** all of them up

Alexandros
10-03-2009, 08:46 AM
nice to see what they become in the future keep track of em kids.. :D

Del Coqui
10-03-2009, 11:01 AM
they obviously very talented kids, especially kid in blue trunks but he doesn't even look 13 yet not sure if I agree with that pro sparring approach. Those kids in am need to reset even if its 30 sec and come out a min or two with explosiveness, not taking anything away from their trainer, just dont agree with it.

JoHnNyBoXeR
10-03-2009, 05:14 PM
I call this "The Four Corners of Death" LOL

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tjvMZz9ljE8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tjvMZz9ljE8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I sparred 2wice in that gym.. we might go over there again next week... that 3rd kid with the white headgear his name is Isaac he won the ringside nationals.. but he lost to this little kid angel from my gym in august in the long island tourny in a close fight.. that guy with the black hair(the hammer's Father?) knows us form yonkers.. he was at the pro fights a couple weeks ago.. Zambrano fought

RightCross94
10-03-2009, 07:16 PM
They all look like good little fighters, besides the big white kid who looks like he's had maybe one or two fights. I like the way the black kid moves and holds his hands, very nice.

Panchito
10-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Nice footage.These kids are good, especially Kid Chocolate and shorty with the black top, black bottom.

mgkirkpatrick
10-03-2009, 11:53 PM
Those two small guys were really good. could have watched them spar all day. hope they do well in the sport.

Mr. Ryan
10-04-2009, 12:13 AM
I sparred 2wice in that gym.. we might go over there again next week... that 3rd kid with the white headgear his name is Isaac he won the ringside nationals.. but he lost to this little kid angel from my gym in august in the long island tourny in a close fight.. that guy with the black hair(the hammer's Father?) knows us form yonkers.. he was at the pro fights a couple weeks ago.. Zambrano fought

Isaac is a beast! Hammer's father is Alex, he puts up the rings for all of the shows around here. I was supposed to be at Zambrano's fight but I had another fight to attend that night outta state. I'm gonna try to get out to the next O'Shea show.

Mr. Ryan
10-04-2009, 12:13 AM
Those two small guys were really good. could have watched them spar all day. hope they do well in the sport.

Those little kids have a lot more skill and heart than most of the older guys in the gym lol

j
10-04-2009, 12:35 AM
not too bad. i love the "four corner's of death" name. makes it sound like a martial arts sparring drill lol.

but, kid chocolate? just, the name.... how did he get that?

Mr. Ryan
10-04-2009, 06:41 PM
not too bad. i love the "four corner's of death" name. makes it sound like a martial arts sparring drill lol.

but, kid chocolate? just, the name.... how did he get that?

I think they call him Kid Chocolate cuz he's dark skinned lol.

Del Coqui
10-04-2009, 06:48 PM
Asian, what weight class are those kids, how old ya know?

Mr. Ryan
10-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Asian, what weight class are those kids, how old ya know?

I don't know their weights but they're all under 12.

JoHnNyBoXeR
10-04-2009, 08:59 PM
I don't know their weights but they're all under 12.

Isaac is 70 pounds and Chocolate i believe is 70 pounds also .. because Lil Angel from my gym fought Isaac and sparred with Chocolate and They said he was 70 pounds also

Mr. Ryan
10-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Isaac is 70 pounds and Chocolate i believe is 70 pounds also .. because Lil Angel from my gym fought Isaac and sparred with Chocolate and They said he was 70 pounds also

I would say that's about right. Those little kids will be beasts when they grow up because they've done nothing but box their whole lives. Hammer Hands Rodriguez is 14 now I think and he's already sparring with world rated contenders in Hackensack, and he's been a national champion a few times. That kid will be a monster when he turns pro.

RightCross94
10-04-2009, 10:35 PM
I would say that's about right. Those little kids will be beasts when they grow up because they've done nothing but box their whole lives. Hammer Hands Rodriguez is 14 now I think and he's already sparring with world rated contenders in Hackensack, and he's been a national champion a few times. That kid will be a monster when he turns pro.

Those kids already are beasts man, already good fighters and likely better than any adult you have at that gym (unless the adult's been boxing since he was at least a teenager too) It's just the way the small ones pick it up, it stays with them forever and they catch on fast. Under 15 is the best age to start boxing IMO, before you are fully developed physically, you can still pick it up fast, you havent gotten to the age where work and girls are gonna affect your training (well mostly anyway)

I myself started boxing properly at 14. I trained for a while before that, but it wasnt serious and it was with a poor quality trainer.

Mr. Ryan
10-05-2009, 12:40 AM
Those kids already are beasts man, already good fighters and likely better than any adult you have at that gym (unless the adult's been boxing since he was at least a teenager too) It's just the way the small ones pick it up, it stays with them forever and they catch on fast. Under 15 is the best age to start boxing IMO, before you are fully developed physically, you can still pick it up fast, you havent gotten to the age where work and girls are gonna affect your training (well mostly anyway)

I myself started boxing properly at 14. I trained for a while before that, but it wasnt serious and it was with a poor quality trainer.

There are some good adults there since it's a pro gym for the most part. Guys like Vivian Harris, Kendall Holt, Monte Barrett and Pawel Wolak train there but the kids there are just all animals. There is no easy sparring there, which is why people come from all over to find work. Just a few months ago I saw Delvin Rodriguez come all the way down just to spar with Ossie Duran.

RightCross94
10-05-2009, 01:55 AM
There are some good adults there since it's a pro gym for the most part. Guys like Vivian Harris, Kendall Holt, Monte Barrett and Pawel Wolak train there but the kids there are just all animals. There is no easy sparring there, which is why people come from all over to find work. Just a few months ago I saw Delvin Rodriguez come all the way down just to spar with Ossie Duran.

Oh yeah, really? I like watching Kendall alot, very good pure boxer, just doesnt have the chin to trade bombs. I remember reading in an interview with him about how his dad used to make him and his older bro spar with a piece of rope tying their lead legs together, so they basically just had to throw non stop bombs. Crazy ****. It's good sparring at gyms like that with nice rings, good fightersy, my gym is good with good coaches and the few people we have there are decent fighters, but right now we are just renting out a hall in a community centre and dont have a ring, very ****. Hopefully though we are moving into a small building sort of thing that will be ours. It's funny because i'm going to be getting ready for a big tourny in december and we have a guy there whos fought internationally , and if you came in and saw where it is you'd think its the type of place to hold a ****ty boxercise class or something lol

Do you box yourself?

bernardotelo
10-05-2009, 08:38 AM
lool thoose kids are beats? i personally think they aint all that at least from that vid i was the first vid i saw them in but imma post a vid of the guys in my gym for you to see (most of them are brazilians :S)

Squabbles94806
10-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Thats dope. Those kids are good.

supRa
10-05-2009, 02:41 PM
wow... thats nice man!!!!

that lil kid is sharp as hell...