View Full Version : Does anyone here Box/Spar with their friends?

Bushidō
10-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Like not really an amateur fight but just like you both have helmets and gloves and fight.

Bushidō
10-02-2009, 05:46 PM
We use to have a bunch of guys that had no boxing experience just fight. Heres a video of two guys fighting from way back when I was in high school.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jsrl2ynjXlA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jsrl2ynjXlA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

PAC-BOY
10-02-2009, 05:48 PM
LOL as a kid i did all the time. we use to slap box too w/out gloves. But we use to glove up (no head Gear) and go at it. Out of all of us I was the one who really trained for real. that was ago. Now Im turning pro this year and won GG twice. I dont think they wanna glove up with me anymore. LOL

Bushidō
10-02-2009, 05:51 PM
LOL as a kid i did all the time. we use to slap box too w/out gloves. But we use to glove up (no head Gear) and go at it. Out of all of us I was the one who really trained for real. that was ago. Now Im turning pro this year and won GG twice. I dont think they wanna glove up with me anymore. LOL

you got any videos?? or anything

Bushidō
10-02-2009, 05:52 PM
I remember several years ago some kids were sparring without gloves just body shots and one person actually died.

*Jean_Pierre*
10-02-2009, 06:08 PM
Like not really an amateur fight but just like you both have helmets and gloves and fight.

Not box, too much chance of face injury (Im a model) but If I get pushed at a party I will do some non contact sparring to shut them up. But I like very much to wrestle with my friends, good for upper body strength. To make it more difficult and fun we rub on oil beforehand.

PAC-BOY
10-02-2009, 06:09 PM
you got any videos?? or anything

videos of what?

Bushidō
10-02-2009, 06:11 PM
videos of what?

of you fighting

PAC-BOY
10-02-2009, 06:16 PM
of you fighting

I got some on DVD. My coach videos all his fighters fights for promotion reasons and to give them to us. I personaly never been a camera or video recoder kinda guy, but we do have our fights converted on DVD though.

Bushidō
10-02-2009, 06:18 PM
I got some on DVD. My coach videos all his fighters fights for promotion reasons and to give them to us. I personaly never been a camera or video recoder kinda guy, but we do have our fights converted on DVD though.

gotchaaaaaaa

PAC-BOY
10-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Not box, too much chance of face injury (Im a model) but If I get pushed at a party I will do some non contact sparring to shut them up. But I like very much to wrestle with my friends, good for upper body strength. To make it more difficult and fun we rub on oil beforehand.

Try this out for fun...try to grab hub cabs off moving vehicles

Oriachim
10-02-2009, 07:36 PM
i dont spar without a supervisor or without gloves but sometimes I like to wrestle with friends and stuff, even though I always get filled in at wrestling lol

RightCross94
10-02-2009, 07:40 PM
I did it a few times with some of my friends, it was pretty boring, they didn't throw many punches and the ones they did I just blocked. I hit one of them hard and snapped his head back and nearly knocked him off his feet, thats probably why we dont do it anymore.

-Hyperion-
10-02-2009, 11:02 PM
thats basically all the boxing i do, lol.................with my brother...... 6 rounds, 12 oz gloves, no head gear, we try to use real technique, not just brawling......its fun as **** to get punched in the face...........

not many injuries......some bruising, i cut him once(well more like opened up a dot , lol.....not really a slash), i was cut once(though it was because i smashed my eyebrow on wood trying to avoid a punch.....we were indoors), and he broke my nose once with a right.....haha.......

i wish there was a gym nearby....the only boxing gym near is more of a fitness gym and has ****ty hours for me....

Bushidō
10-03-2009, 04:24 AM
You guys gotta record your spars and post it haha. always fun to watch

atgatt
10-03-2009, 11:15 AM
We did it a bit in high school. I won't say I am good, but a person who even knew the basics of boxing would easily beat those that didn't. Plus, we did it without proper gear which is dumb.

Been in more real fights than sparring fights, and those are a lot worse. Fortunately for me, it was worse for "them".

I guess if friends want to box and are evenly matched (with gear on), it at least makes it safer.

S31KOU
10-03-2009, 11:16 AM
yeah at the gym lol not backyard fighting

them_apples
10-03-2009, 11:38 AM
I remember several years ago some kids were sparring without gloves just body shots and one person actually died.

the fuk? I used to do that for kicks to.thats serious

Bushidō
10-03-2009, 12:58 PM
We did it a bit in high school. I won't say I am good, but a person who even knew the basics of boxing would easily beat those that didn't. Plus, we did it without proper gear which is dumb.

Been in more real fights than sparring fights, and those are a lot worse. Fortunately for me, it was worse for "them".

I guess if friends want to box and are evenly matched (with gear on), it at least makes it safer.

I think normally that would be true. But one time there was this guy that was like a street brawler and he actually let people hit him in the face so that he could get mad and fight back. Dude was wild but he definitely had heavy hands to make up for his lack of proper boxing

Fidday
10-03-2009, 01:08 PM
This was about 2 years ago during a shool trip.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GARmiH4fqk0&hl=nl&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GARmiH4fqk0&hl=nl&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

atgatt
10-03-2009, 02:32 PM
I think normally that would be true. But one time there was this guy that was like a street brawler and he actually let people hit him in the face so that he could get mad and fight back. Dude was wild but he definitely had heavy hands to make up for his lack of proper boxing

Fortunately, he must have never had a good puncher just hit him in the face. Sorry, but even superman's face bones are only so strong. That dude was nuts.

At least with friends boxing, when one says enough, it stops. But with strangers in real fights, there is no such mercy. One guy I knew got in a fight and was knocked to the floor (I was not there then) and the other guy just kept beating on his face. It took major surgery to "correct" him. Moral of the story, stick with fighting friends, not strangers.

Cyse
10-03-2009, 11:33 PM
This was about 2 years ago during a shool trip.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GARmiH4fqk0&hl=nl&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GARmiH4fqk0&hl=nl&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

WOW! man, you have no shame fighting a girl!!!:tool:

LOL! it's cool though man, once... my friends were boxing in the backyard at a party... and this chick wanted to fight. so other guys were boxing with her but taking it really easy on her. She was getting UPSET! so i said **** it! i put on the gloves... first puch i threw was a solid left hook to her face. LOL!!!! popped her lip. SHe wasn't saying **** after that.

I feel like an *******. but **** it, she was asking for it and she wasn't shutting up about it either.

I shut her ass up! LOL!!! i really do feel bad though.

j
10-04-2009, 01:03 AM
i have. we usually avoid head pucnhes or go light on head punches. i generally let them hit me good in the body, but i have to hold back.

i recommend to do that with only good trusted friends - i have never had a problem.

some people have a prob with getting beat, have an over inflated ego, little control etc.

i recount that i did a little martial arts sparring with a non-trained friend one time, and he just decided to test me by throwing 5 or 6 kicks to the boys at random. thankfully, my training worked haha. otherwise, it would have not been so pretty for me. haha