View Full Version : Where Does Haye rank on an ATG Cruiserweight list?

mike ruler
10-02-2009, 02:52 PM
Where is he? Who's ranked over him?

mrboxer
10-02-2009, 02:55 PM
david haye an atg?no way,he is not even close he is ranked around the 100:stooges:

mike ruler
10-02-2009, 02:57 PM
david haye an atg?no way,he is not even close he is ranked around the 100:stooges:

Who u rank over him?

mrboxer
10-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Who u rank over him?i can name 99 fighters,but i will not my time is valuable i have no time to waste on this discussion,haye is not and will not be on my atg list,i use my time [valuable to answer post that interest me:boxing:

Benncollinsaad
10-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Carl Thompson and Johnny Nelson both had more heart. Haye had the nerve to say Wlad had no heart, while he himself got blasted by a 40 yearold inside 5 rounds!

True Guru
10-02-2009, 04:20 PM

Its a pretty **** division tbh but all these guys rank over Haye IMO.

Evander Holyfield
Carlos De Leon
Johnny Nelson
Juan Carlos Gomez
Anaclet Wamba
Jean Marc Mormeck

mickey malone
10-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Its a pretty **** division tbh but all these guys rank over Haye IMO.

Evander Holyfield
Carlos De Leon
Johnny Nelson
Juan Carlos Gomez
Anaclet Wamba
Jean Marc Mormeck
You forgot Quawi... Haye's number 2 behind Holyfield.. They're the only 2 to clean out the division.. DeLeon turned the division into a circus & was a boring fighter to boot.. I'll never get over the charade between him & Nelson for the WBC title.
Haye would have battered the pair of em on the same night..
Wamba & Gomez were quite good, but generally hung around in the division, as opposed to fight in it...

Infern0
10-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Carl Thompson and Johnny Nelson both had more heart. Haye had the nerve to say Wlad had no heart, while he himself got blasted by a 40 yearold inside 5 rounds!

In truth he was blasting the 40 year old for 5 rounds and then got stopped when he gassed. Trying to ko Thompson was stupid.

Bigmacpoper
10-02-2009, 06:01 PM
You forgot Quawi... Haye's number 2 behind Holyfield.. They're the only 2 to clean out the division.

David Haye cleared out the division? by beating Enzo Maccarinelli?

When did he beat the likes of O'Neil Bell? Steve Cunningham? Marco Huck?

I see one legitimate world class cruiserweight on his resume and he was done at that point in his career.

#1Assassin
10-02-2009, 06:06 PM

haye has lots of heart. if u acctually watched the fight u would know he fought back to the very end and it was his corners choice to throw in the towel. he showed heart his fight with mormeck too and that african guy that had him on queer street before the ref gave a haye a hometown stoppage. the point is he has lots of heart.

as for rating the CWs its really been a **** division thru the years, its good right now though. great acctually, and has been for the last couple of years including hayes reign.

Spray_resistant
10-02-2009, 07:11 PM
To be fair, there have not been that many noteworthy CWs and the division doesn't have much of a rich history. Wasn't it not in existence until the 70's? Anyway, I would have him behind Holyfield and DMQ at #3. Can't think of anyone else who looked more dominant and unified enough titles to rank above him, 1 loss doesn't erase what he did at CW.

Benncollinsaad
10-02-2009, 07:25 PM
haye has lots of heart. if u acctually watched the fight u would know he fought back to the very end and it was his corners choice to throw in the towel. he showed heart his fight with mormeck too and that african guy that had him on queer street before the ref gave a haye a hometown stoppage. the point is he has lots of heart.

as for rating the CWs its really been a **** division thru the years, its good right now though. great acctually, and has been for the last couple of years including hayes reign.

I HAVE watched it you chump!

Bigmacpoper
10-02-2009, 07:38 PM
That's certainly debatable.We should create a thread on how many fights Benncollinsaad actually has watched,the admitted boxrec ranger has been exposed a countless number of times with his pants down without a shred of knowledge on any particular subject of which he himself decides to bring up.

Boxing being the dying sport that it is could do with as many fans as possible,even if they are as slow and dim-witted as Benncollinsaad.

Ryn0
10-02-2009, 07:43 PM
I HAVE watched it you chump!
Then you'd know Haye was winning until he gassed and still wanted to fight on, look at the Fragomeni fight and look at the nasty cut and was still going to war, in the Mock fight he was rocked hard and was still throwing bombs.

The Mormeck fight where he was dropped and came back to score a one punch KO. His heart is proven its his unreliable chin thats the problem..

Benncollinsaad
10-02-2009, 07:43 PM
That's certainly debatable.We should create a thread on how many fights Benncollinsaad actually has watched,the admitted boxrec ranger has been exposed a countless number of times with his pants down without a shred of knowledge on any particular subject of which he himself decides to bring up.

Boxing being the dying sport that it is could do with as many fans as possible,even if they are as slow and dim-witted as Benncollinsaad.

Hey cunt, I probably watched that fight before you so shut up.:boxing:

Bigmacpoper
10-02-2009, 07:53 PM
In all likelyhood,you've probably never watched a fight in it's entirety outside of the recent Manny Pacquiao fights.Don't worry,HBO 24/7 is coming up soon enough.

The smilies are lovely and all but they don't require to be used at the end of each sentence :boxing:

mickey malone
10-03-2009, 05:46 AM
David Haye cleared out the division? by beating Enzo Maccarinelli?

When did he beat the likes of O'Neil Bell? Steve Cunningham? Marco Huck?

I see one legitimate world class cruiserweight on his resume and he was done at that point in his career.
There might be a case for Tomasz Adamek, but I doubt it...
Bell would have a punchers chance, but would get schooled every time he loaded it.. he also struggled with Mormeck, where as, apart from the KD, Haye handled him well & starched him with a single shot..
Cunningham has been beaten by Wlodarczyk who could only manage a thoroughly entertaining draw with Fragomeni who Haye had already stopped and beaten comfortably, & Huck, who was exposed by Cunningham, doesn't punch hard enough to command any respect in the division..

Haye won the European as well as 3 world titles which I feel would be a bridge too far for the others, Adamek included... He also has far more natural pedigree than any of the fighters you have mentioned..

CCobra
10-03-2009, 05:52 AM
He's definitely top 10, probably top 5 but not a shot at number 1.

Benncollinsaad
10-03-2009, 08:10 AM
In all likelyhood,you've probably never watched a fight in it's entirety outside of the recent Manny Pacquiao fights.Don't worry,HBO 24/7 is coming up soon enough.

The smilies are lovely and all but they don't require to be used at the end of each sentence :boxing:

Thats all you got??:rofl: Not much of an insult.

Mersey
10-03-2009, 08:49 AM

Boxrec ranger :rofl: That's the perfect name.

Benncollinsaad
10-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Boxrec ranger :rofl: That's the perfect name.

Et tu Merseyside?

Mersey
10-03-2009, 08:57 AM
Et tu Merseyside?

What Mr Ranger?

Benncollinsaad
10-03-2009, 09:00 AM
What Mr Ranger?

Nothing, you fake scouser.:rolleyes:

Mersey
10-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Nothing, you fake scouser.:rolleyes:

If I lived in Liverpool, then I'd be a scouser. I don't live in Liverpool, there is a river between me and Liverpool. So, I'm not a scouser....

:rolleyes:

Benncollinsaad
10-03-2009, 09:24 AM
If I lived in Liverpool, then I'd be a scouser. I don't live in Liverpool, there is a river between me and Liverpool. So, I'm not a scouser....

:rolleyes:

Thats what I said. You are just a scouser-wannabe!:rofl:

Bigmacpoper
10-03-2009, 11:19 AM
There might be a case for Tomasz Adamek, but I doubt it...
Bell would have a punchers chance, but would get schooled every time he loaded it.. he also struggled with Mormeck, where as, apart from the KD, Haye handled him well & starched him with a single shot..
Cunningham has been beaten by Wlodarczyk who could only manage a thoroughly entertaining draw with Fragomeni who Haye had already stopped and beaten comfortably, & Huck, who was exposed by Cunningham, doesn't punch hard enough to command any respect in the division..

Haye won the European as well as 3 world titles which I feel would be a bridge too far for the others, Adamek included... He also has far more natural pedigree than any of the fighters you have mentioned..

What are you talking about? You claimed Haye had cleared out the division and now you are making baseless predictions on fights that never occured.

When did Haye fight and beat Bell,Cunningham and Huck? Or any other top cruiserweight not named Mormeck?

Adamek moved up to the cruiserweight division just as Haye was about to leave it,which is why I never included him.

mickey malone
10-03-2009, 12:11 PM
What are you talking about? You claimed Haye had cleared out the division and now you are making baseless predictions on fights that never occured.

When did Haye fight and beat Bell,Cunningham and Huck? Or any other top cruiserweight not named Mormeck?

Adamek moved up to the cruiserweight division just as Haye was about to leave it,which is why I never included him.
Merely opinion's that are open for debate, which is largely what the forum is about.. I personally don't think the fighters you've mentioned have the boxing skills to defeat Haye..

Clearing the division, is maybe understated.. Perhaps 'Demolition' Job would be more appropriate.. He was undisputed and had beaten the other 2 relevent champions.. Maccarinelli was an unbeaten puncher & tipped by many to beat Haye, with Mormeck generally considered as the divisions king pin.. Haye brutally knoced them both out..

Had Haye remained at Cruiser, Adamek would have become the mandatory.. That was the only reason that I mentioned him...

Bigmacpoper
10-03-2009, 12:25 PM
Merely opinion's that are open for debate, which is largely what the forum is about.. I personally don't think the fighters you've mentioned have the boxing skills to defeat Haye..

Clearing the division, is maybe understated.. Perhaps 'Demolition' Job would be more appropriate.. He was undisputed and had beaten the other 2 relevent champions.. Maccarinelli was an unbeaten puncher & tipped by many to beat Haye, with Mormeck generally considered as the divisions king pin.. Haye brutally knoced them both out..

Had Haye remained at Cruiser, Adamek would have become the mandatory.. That was the only reason that I mentioned him...

Doesn't matter who you think would win in such matchups,that's not the topic,to clear out a division you must rid that division of all top contenders,challengers and champions and Haye never did.

It's like claiming Hatton cleared out the 140 division.

mickey malone
10-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Doesn't matter who you think would win in such matchups,that's not the topic,to clear out a division you must rid that division of all top contenders,challengers and champions and Haye never did.

It's like claiming Hatton cleared out the 140 division.
It may not matter to you, but anyone with a sound boxing knowledge could surely see that David was far superior to his cruiserweight foes, thus wasting his time, & hence the immediate move to heavyweight, from which a 'Full Monte' has since been comfortably administered...

I've already stated that 'clear out' may have been overstated, but 'demolition' of current champs is a fact you can't deny...

Mersey
10-03-2009, 08:18 PM
Thats what I said. You are just a scouser-wannabe!:rofl:

Because The Wirral is next to Liverpool I'm a scouser wannabe? GTFOH.

Liverpool is next to Manchester, are Mancs Scouser wannabe's?

Wales is next to England, are the Welsh Wannabe Englishmen?

Where do you live?

GJC
10-03-2009, 10:23 PM
Guess he'd be top 10 but its a very shallow pool.
Whether he'd still get top 10 if you threw in some of the older HW's who some wish to reclassify as Cruisers i'd have my doubts.

CCobra
10-04-2009, 04:30 AM
It'd be wrong for anybody to reclassify a former HW as a CW based on what they weighed in their day. If a bout was contested as a Heavyweight bout, then it should be known as a Heavyweight bout and nobody can change the history to start calling these fighters CWs, LHWs and so on..

mickey malone
10-04-2009, 02:32 PM
To me it is so, if not TOO OBVIOUS that Haye was a league above the rest in a CW division that needed a good shakin, & has done since Holyfield.. In my opinion, he would have blunted his tools earning "Sweet FA", had he stayed there..

Anyone who has any boxing experience what so ever, can SURELY/HOPEFULLY see this..

Problem is, that he's turned out to be a 'Prick' at heavy... Not in the ring, but in general..
In fact, he's been such a Prick, it wouldn't surprise me if he suddenly inserts a love egg & announces his retirement..

This isn't however, a blind attempt in which to underrate his skill, which I feel, some posters have.. I for one, sincerely hope he ****s out on the Valuev fight to.. It's gonna be a real **** watch, which means it's bound to happen lol..

Haye will win comfortably on points, but will continue to be underrated for a boring performance against a past prime Trojan statue..

Beating the Giant is a must, as it'll create the risk free avenue of avoiding the Klits..

One thing's for sure though... Haye's taken a leaf from the 'Mayweather' book of Pro Inactivity.. Both tend to spend more time watching their, should or would be, opponents on the TV, as opposed to actually fighting them..

Well, lets face it.... TV = Big Money. And if you're oozing talent & still fairly young with a few quid in ya pocket it makes perfect sense to stall & choose your moments...

If Haye's containing his ego in order to do this, which I strongly suspect his management have advised, he will without doubt win a title at HW...

crold1
10-04-2009, 05:53 PM

Just at Cruiser? Yes. Easy...unless pretending there was a cruiser class eighty years ago and adding guys like Dempsey.

K-Nan
10-04-2009, 06:15 PM
Just at Cruiser? Yes. Easy...unless pretending there was a cruiser class eighty years ago and adding guys like Dempsey.

Good point. The Billy Conn who rocked Joe Louis would have put a hurting on David Haye.

crold1
10-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Good point. The Billy Conn who rocked Joe Louis would have put a hurting on David Haye.

Maybe. That Louis fight is misleading. Conn wasn't much of a puncher and was really a modern Super Middle. He'df have had hell with Haye's size and speed.

GJC
10-04-2009, 07:43 PM
It'd be wrong for anybody to reclassify a former HW as a CW based on what they weighed in their day. If a bout was contested as a Heavyweight bout, then it should be known as a Heavyweight bout and nobody can change the history to start calling these fighters CWs, LHWs and so on..
I agree but there are many on here who subscribe to the theory