View Full Version : Lost 9lbs over the weekend

IcedBlood
10-01-2009, 09:55 AM
As some of you know I've been trying to put on weight, even went and bought a weight gainer. Well before I started the bulk I weighed 10st4. After a couple of weeks of eating more food, using the weight gainer and intense training in the gym I weighed 10st11.

I went out on Saturday night and had a bit of a crazy one after eating very little on Saturday day. This then led to me eating very little on Sunday and feeling ill and weak until yesterday. Well anyway, before work on Monday I got up and weighed myself. 10st2. After one crazy weekend I weighed less that I had when I originally went on the bulk.

On Tuesday I started to eat properly again and this morning I weighed in at 10st8 I havent been to the gym since last Friday. I still don't feel up to it. It's going to have taken me a whole week to recover.

Just thought some of you may find this interesting.

UKBRAWLER
10-01-2009, 10:01 AM
so? if you eat you put on weight..if you don't then you don't...so what?

IcedBlood
10-01-2009, 10:04 AM
Losing 9lbs in 2 days is pretty extreme

JayCoe
10-01-2009, 11:45 AM
I went out on Saturday night and had a bit of a crazy one after eating very little on Saturday day. This then led to me eating very little on Sunday and feeling ill and weak until yesterday. Well anyway, before work on Monday I got up and weighed myself. 10st2. After one crazy weekend I weighed less that I had when I originally went on the bulk.

This weight difference would be explained by the following either or both dehydration and thus water weight loss, notably from the alcohol. AND/OR times in which you weighed yourself, alongside whether you were wearing clothes and what clothes (heavy jeans or joggers). If you weighed yourself in the morning one time and then at night another there would be a good few lb difference, as in the morning you tend to be lightest.

If I weighed myself one night, after having eaten dinner, wearing jeans and then weighed myself the following morning wearing only my boxers, at a guess the difference would be 5lb or so, easy. Doesn't mean i've actually lost any weight.

So either you DIDN'T lose the weight as you believe (which makes most sense considering within a few days you gained a quite a few lbs ) or you're ill.

You CANNOT actually lose 9lbs in 2 days, it's roughly estimated that somebody on a good weigh losing plan can lose 2-3lbs a WEEK, maximum. Like I said, the weight you lost would have been mostly water or a reflection on the differences between the weighing. If you think i'm wrong then go to a Dr. because if I am wrong, you're pretty ill.

P.S those weight gains are usually bollocks. The cheaper ones where you get about 5KG for 25 are nigh-on unhealthy, also leading to poor digestion and stomach cramps. You're better on increasing food intake and drinking plenty of wholesome milk. It takes a little more to do than the bulking up shakes but it's definitely better for you, and more effective. The best shakes are the lean protein shakes, these are more expensive. Roughly 25 for 2kg or so. I never bother with shakes though, used to but I don't think they're really that beneficial.

Sαntα
10-01-2009, 11:49 AM
Losing 9lbs in 2 days is pretty extreme

Lol, I lose 2 stone having my morning turd.

sukhenkoy
10-01-2009, 11:57 AM

"Drop a stone in the morning", in the parlance of our times.

Squirrel
10-01-2009, 12:55 PM

Useless post.

IcedBlood
10-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Jaycoe, when I weigh myself i weigh myself in the morning in my boxers, I know about all the factors so try to cut as many of them out as possible. I'm definitely putting it down to water loss. It wasn't so much drinking at the weekend as drug abuse which I think has a bigger affect on water loss. The amount of sweating from dancing for 4-5 hours and then the loss in appetite for several days after is unbelieveable. I didn't buy a cheap weight gainer, havent suffered stomach cramps, and I use it basically as a subsititue for food in between meals. I usually woudn't eat anything between my breakfast and my break in work (at 11am) but with this drink I've been taking it at 10am so there is definitly a greater protein intake which I couldn't have had before. I also take it after a workout.

What you've said is definitely true, I know your right cause as I've said I've put alot of the weight back on. Cheers for the detailed reply.

Sαntα
10-01-2009, 01:33 PM
Useless post.

On commenting on my useless post, you yourself have also produced a useless post. :nonono:

IcedBlood
10-01-2009, 02:09 PM
On commenting on my useless post, you yourself have also produced a useless post. :nonono:

You my son, are an idiot.

^^^ Useless Post ^^^

bigflip55
10-01-2009, 02:35 PM
cheap whole food pro shake: 1 cup egg whites or egg beaters, 1/2 cup white grape juice or powerade zero, handfull of frozen berries, blend and drink up, seriously, its one of the best tasting/ cheapest shakes around.

-Swizzy-
10-01-2009, 02:37 PM
I lost 8 pounds in 2 days a couple of weeks ago because I played 6 hours of basketball in 2 days. It was probably mostly water weight. losing that much weight in that short a time isn't that uncommon but usually its mostly water that is lost.

goalies in hockey are known to lose 8 pounds in 1 game just because of all the sweat they lose in all that heavy equipment.

Junito-Rulez
10-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Ask Horus, he has a 9 pounds theory about it.