No announcement yet.

Classic HW action

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic HW action

Cooper vs Moorer 1992 for the vacant WBO heavyweight title, what a fight!

Cooper was a tough SOB, and he had a real knack for drawing more skilled boxers into slugfests

I'll have Moorer vs Alex Stewart posted soon, it's another classic slugfest.

Here's Alex Stewart vs Ezra Sellers:

Cooper and Stewart weren't among the best contenders of the day but they usually brought it whenever they faced top opposition.

Comment

And interestingly, Cooper has a fight scheduled for the 24th against the 13-0 Seth Mitchell, after 7 years out of the ring. Cooper was a good fighter, who was in some real tough wars, and never did much of note after his fight, losing lots of fights over the next 10 years before retiring. He was so dangerous, and inconsistent, he could have a guy on the ropes one minute, then you get up, leave the room for a second, come back and he's spread eagled on the canvas. Or he could be getting pummelled and then suddenly rally back and have his opponent seeing stars. First man to ever drop Evander too, which says something about the punch he packed.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
        I'll have Moorer vs Alex Stewart posted soon, it's another classic slugfest.

Here's Alex Stewart vs Ezra Sellers:

Cooper and Stewart weren't among the best contenders of the day but they usually brought it whenever they faced top opposition.
        Yeah, not great fighters, but decent enough and they fought like hell on the big stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
          And interestingly, Cooper has a fight scheduled for the 24th against the 13-0 Seth Mitchell, after 7 years out of the ring. Cooper was a good fighter, who was in some real tough wars, and never did much of note after his fight, losing lots of fights over the next 10 years before retiring. He was so dangerous, and inconsistent, he could have a guy on the ropes one minute, then you get up, leave the room for a second, come back and he's spread eagled on the canvas. Or he could be getting pummelled and then suddenly rally back and have his opponent seeing stars. First man to ever drop Evander too, which says something about the punch he packed.
          Cooper was actually more of a cruiserweight and you could make the case that he was among the hardest hitting cruiserweights of all time. It's a shame that he is still fighting.

The Bert Cooper-Ray Mercer fight is another great one as well:

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
            Cooper was actually more of a cruiserweight and you could make the case that he was among the hardest hitting cruiserweights of all time. It's a shame that he is still fighting.

The Bert Cooper-Ray Mercer fight is another great one as well:

Yeah, he was more of a natural CW, but more $$ to be made at HW.

I'll have to watch the Mercer one too, Cooper may not have been great but the entertainment value he gives is.

Comment

And I agree, shocking that he is getting back in again, he's been KO'd 14 times and I'm afraid it will most likely be 15 on the 24th.

Comment

Moorer vs Botha is a fight not to be scoffed at to..

Good vids! cheers..

Comment

Clifford Eitienne-Lawrence Clay-Bey was one of the best HW slugfests I have ever seen, I'll get it up on Youtube soon, it really was an amazing fight. Etienne's fight with Frans Botha was great as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mhager91490 View Post
                    Clifford Eitienne-Lawrence Clay-Bey was one of the best HW slugfests I have ever seen, I'll get it up on Youtube soon, it really was an amazing fight. Etienne's fight with Frans Botha was great as well.
                    Round 1 of Etienne-Brewster was great. Etienne was another not-so-great contender who put on some exciting fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X