View Full Version : 1 quick question about chin

Prospekt
03-15-2005, 10:39 PM
Is there any way to build up your chin or increase your ability to take punishment because i become dizzy after one successful shot wich leaves me open to almost any power shot

czars_salad
03-15-2005, 10:49 PM
Is there any way to build up your chin or increase your ability to take punishment because i become dizzy after one successful shot wich leaves me open to almost any power shot
it's really not the chin that has to be developed. it has to do with the knees and neck. when the chin is hit with power and accuracy, the normal tendency is that the knees jerk and the neck weakens. nerves are heavily concentrated in the jaw area and a hard impact may cause numbness in most parts of the body.

conditioning, training, and nutrition helps

kapersky
03-15-2005, 10:53 PM

yep, train a lot, your head everything get harder. and never be afraid, cause when you got hit and you can feel the pain you still in the game and when you dont you are out.

mickst3r
03-16-2005, 12:02 AM
neck muscles... the bigger your neck muscles are the better you can take punishment... a knock out is caused by an acceleration of the head that causes the brain to knock against the cranium... solid neck muscles prevent that acceleration and thus prevent a knockout

and then tehres also the thing about whether or not ur a ***** and how much punishment you take

buff_mike10
03-16-2005, 12:21 AM
neck muscles... the bigger your neck muscles are the better you can take punishment... a knock out is caused by an acceleration of the head that causes the brain to knock against the cranium... solid neck muscles prevent that acceleration and thus prevent a knockout

and then tehres also the thing about whether or not ur a ***** and how much punishment you take
Yea, a big neck is very important. Mike Tyson had a 19 3/4 inch neck. Keep your head from being knocked around and making you dizzy

kapersky
03-16-2005, 12:29 AM
Yea, a big neck is very important. Mike Tyson had a 19 3/4 inch neck. Keep your head from being knocked around and making you dizzy

he got big neck, thats why he could take so much punches from douglas.

Tha Greatest
03-16-2005, 01:00 AM
wassup man
Get a Neck Harness off titleboxing or a sporting store

use it 2-3 times a week.
heres a good link
http://www.rossboxing.com/thegym/thegym15.htm

Hunna
03-16-2005, 06:00 AM
shoulder exercises are important to, if training ya neck muscles gets difficult, do some shoulder exercises. Strong shoulders support the neck and head. Also, when u get hit, remember to grit ya teeth and tuck ya chin in!!!
:)

Prospekt
03-16-2005, 09:09 AM
wassup man
Get a Neck Harness off titleboxing or a sporting store

use it 2-3 times a week.
heres a good link
http://www.rossboxing.com/thegym/thegym15.htm
Thx alot Thagreatest that article was really helpful told me what i needed to know.

mickst3r
03-17-2005, 05:33 PM
neckbridges help a lot too... lay on ur back and arch ur stomach up towards the air... rolling onto the top of ur head... don't use ur hands for support, only your head/neck... do this in reverse as well

Tha Greatest
03-17-2005, 05:40 PM
neckbridges help a lot too... lay on ur back and arch ur stomach up towards the air... rolling onto the top of ur head... don't use ur hands for support, only your head/neck... do this in reverse as well

actually i agree with u and i dont

it is most affective to not use ur hand for support, yes
BUT for beginners, you should use your hands, because u need ur foundation b4 u do it no handed or u will get injured BAD

but when u got ur foundation, definately without ur hands is a lot better man

kapersky
03-17-2005, 07:06 PM
actually i agree with u and i dont

it is most affective to not use ur hand for support, yes
BUT for beginners, you should use your hands, because u need ur foundation b4 u do it no handed or u will get injured BAD

but when u got ur foundation, definately without ur hands is a lot better man

yeah, WATCH OUT, i almost broke my neck yesterday. becuase my neck wasent strong enough damm that hurt :mad:. you need to build up your neck muscles first(train it for 2-3 weeks atleast) before you can do it without hands.