View Full Version : Training for football; can anyone help me out?

09-29-2009, 10:27 PM
I play semi-pro football, and our season is coming to a close, about four games left. I'm looking into pursuing football as a career while i'm still in college, i.e playing arena football for a paycheck.

Right now i'm 6"2. 200 lbs. I'm in pretty decent shape, however i'm nowehere near where I would like to be. I realize getting my body where I want will take a lot of discipline, I just need somebody to help me out with a good eating plan, and training schedule.

I have nothing to do on Tuesdays and Thursdays after 1pm. And on Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays the only hours I am free are between 1 and 5. Weekends are free all day. I'm looking for something I could fit into this type of schedule.

What i'm looking to do is first get tone, then get big. I want to lose the fat I have on my stomache area, and turn that into muscle. I am primarily focused on gaining speed, and muscle in the leg and arm area.

Can anyone help me out with any ideas, diet, weight training, running etc. on how to achieve this goal? My offseason is from October-March, will I have time to get the results I look to achieve in that time period?

I appreciate all the help in advance.

andrewtn
09-30-2009, 01:18 AM
Hahahha, raider nation running CA? Last time I checked 5 super bowl wins > 3 super bowl wins. Have fun with your bust of a fat franchise quarterback. You should just work on your 40 time and you might get drafted by Al Davis in the first round hahahahhaa

shogunn
09-30-2009, 01:18 AM
might want to ask on a football forum..

TheNegation
09-30-2009, 01:41 AM
I play semi-pro football, and our season is coming to a close, about four games left. I'm looking into pursuing football as a career while i'm still in college, i.e playing arena football for a paycheck.

Right now i'm 6"2. 200 lbs. I'm in pretty decent shape, however i'm nowehere near where I would like to be. I realize getting my body where I want will take a lot of discipline, I just need somebody to help me out with a good eating plan, and training schedule.

I have nothing to do on Tuesdays and Thursdays after 1pm. And on Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays the only hours I am free are between 1 and 5. Weekends are free all day. I'm looking for something I could fit into this type of schedule.

What i'm looking to do is first get tone, then get big. I want to lose the fat I have on my stomache area, and turn that into muscle. I am primarily focused on gaining speed, and muscle in the leg and arm area.

Can anyone help me out with any ideas, diet, weight training, running etc. on how to achieve this goal? My offseason is from October-March, will I have time to get the results I look to achieve in that time period?

What part of PA are you from?

You may want to pay a visit to this gym

http://www.defrancostraining.com/index.php

I can personally attest to this gym as Joe DeFranco trains some of the top football players there. Deon Anderson, Dahani Jones, Brian Cushing, Dave Diehl and TONS of other pro athletes from Hockey Players, Baseball Players, Fighters and everyone in between.

Not only that but his gym was rated one of the top 10 gyms in the country.

If you can't get there they have a great program called Westside for Skinny Bastards which is a training regime he designed for athletes which you can take a look at one his site under articles.

Check out his channel on Youtube and you see what it's like training there. Very Motivating

http://www.youtube.com/user/joedefranco

Another thing. Getting Tone and then getting big makes no sense. It's supposed to be the other way around. Plus staying lean is all about Diet and Cardio.

09-30-2009, 03:29 AM
What part of PA are you from?

You may want to pay a visit to this gym

http://www.defrancostraining.com/index.php

I can personally attest to this gym as Joe DeFranco trains some of the top football players there. Deon Anderson, Dahani Jones, Brian Cushing, Dave Diehl and TONS of other pro athletes from Hockey Players, Baseball Players, Fighters and everyone in between.

Not only that but his gym was rated one of the top 10 gyms in the country.

If you can't get there they have a great program called Westside for Skinny Bastards which is a training regime he designed for athletes which you can take a look at one his site under articles.

Check out his channel on Youtube and you see what it's like training there. Very Motivating

http://www.youtube.com/user/joedefranco

Another thing. Getting Tone and then getting big makes no sense. It's supposed to be the other way around. Plus staying lean is all about Diet and Cardio.
I'm from the Allentown area, about an hour out of philadelphia. Thanks, i'm definitely going to take a look into that.

09-30-2009, 03:30 AM
Hahahha, raider nation running CA? Last time I checked 5 super bowl wins > 3 super bowl wins. Have fun with your bust of a fat franchise quarterback. You should just work on your 40 time and you might get drafted by Al Davis in the first round hahahahhaa
Like I said in your karma message, send me a personal message if you would like to insult the Raiders, don't wase everyones time in this forum that is about training and nutrition, if you can't read.

peewee1460
09-30-2009, 03:42 AM

honestly, and you may not have the means for this being a student, you should consult professionals in the two respective fields. talk to a registered nutrition and a conditioning coach specializing in training football players. work with them to draw up a plan. if you're serious about this and want the best shot at success, that's what i'd recommend.

oniham
09-30-2009, 03:05 PM
I played high school football and the only advice I could give you is do a lot of explosive leg workouts, and plyometrics. Plyometrics REALLY helped me with my speed and explosiveness

Don Flamenco
10-01-2009, 12:13 AM

Ashley lelie actually trains in my gym. He's been training there since he got cut by the Queefs.

Leakbeak
10-01-2009, 10:05 PM
I thought you were on about real men's football and not the NFL smear the queer version! I would have recommended plyometric and explosive workouts but in this case I would say eat as many burgers as you can so your fat yanky ass can burst out of them gay tights like your fellow linemen! Don't pretend to be an athlete by posting in the training forum and embrace what you really are : a joke of a sportsman who should eat away as they do in a joke of a sport!