View Full Version : [PLEASE HELP] Is Fight Night 4 worth getting

L.Ellerbe
09-27-2009, 04:02 PM
im seriously thinking of purchasing a 360 or ps3 just to get this an the new pes

1. is the jab ( the most important punch in boxing) actually any use in the game...in the first 3 it was a nothing punch which annoyed the hell out of me ...does the jab make any difference in the game?

2.. do the boxers resemble their real life styles when playing against them...do they play to their strengths

3...what is the career mode like..do you have any rivalries and can you do press conferences etc..can you have big fights etc

4...last one - is there many flash knockdowns were you can just be boxing land a good clean punch and they go down ..

cheers lads

p.s. can u ry an answer in depth and even add stuff of your own seeing as its a expensive decision lol

also whats the deal with pbf hes not on the roster yet i was just lookin on youtube and hes there with his hatton judah an marquez attire

TheCheetah
09-27-2009, 04:11 PM
This game is definitely worth buying. I traded in Killzone 2, NBA 09 The Inside, and Grand Theft Auto 4 just to get it.

Yes every punch has use in this game. Yes the Boxers use their real life styles in the game. This game is more realistic in my opinion. Career Mode is alright... Nothing too special.

Yes there are flash knockdowns in the game..

The reason you saw PBF in the game is because you can create Boxers and share them through the EA Server. I have on my roster... Vernon Forrest, Paul Williams, Floyd Mayweather, Evander Holyfield, Ray Mercer, and many more fighters that did not make it onto the game.

TheCheetah
09-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Get the game man.. Best Fight Night yet

L.Ellerbe
09-27-2009, 04:42 PM
This game is definitely worth buying. I traded in Killzone 2, NBA 09 The Inside, and Grand Theft Auto 4 just to get it.

Yes every punch has use in this game. Yes the Boxers use their real life styles in the game. This game is more realistic in my opinion. Career Mode is alright... Nothing too special.

Yes there are flash knockdowns in the game..

The reason you saw PBF in the game is because you can create Boxers and share them through the EA Server. I have on my roster... Vernon Forrest, Paul Williams, Floyd Mayweather, Evander Holyfield, Ray Mercer, and many more fighters that did not make it onto the game.

thanks mate...so basically you can use the jab alot in the game an it counts for something ?... in career mode is there any behind the senes stuff or do u just train and fight

also im fascinated by what u said bout the ea server...i mean i seen 3 different attires on mayweather so does that mean u can get a few versios of 1 boxer on the game

AntDawg
09-27-2009, 04:43 PM
im seriously thinking of purchasing a 360 or ps3 just to get this an the new pes

1. is the jab ( the most important punch in boxing) actually any use in the game...in the first 3 it was a nothing punch which annoyed the hell out of me ...does the jab make any difference in the game?

2.. do the boxers resemble their real life styles when playing against them...do they play to their strengths

3...what is the career mode like..do you have any rivalries and can you do press conferences etc..can you have big fights etc

4...last one - is there many flash knockdowns were you can just be boxing land a good clean punch and they go down ..

cheers lads

p.s. can u ry an answer in depth and even add stuff of your own seeing as its a expensive decision lol

also whats the deal with pbf hes not on the roster yet i was just lookin on youtube and hes there with his hatton judah an marquez attire Dude the Jab in round 3 was deadly (judge jab which made people mad though since it was so powerful)

1. Jab is worthless in Round 4. Theres no power jab, quick Jab...nothing just the same basic lazy looking jab that does no damage it seems. Not to mention you get countered off a block if its timed right almost all the time by the cpu.

2. From what I seen most fighters on the game fight the same way....most just come forward and and counter or fight on the outside and counter.

3. No Rivalries and no press conferences. Mostly you just go up the ranks fight guys that how many loses till you get the belt. Then as soon as you get a belt you are asked if you want to move up in weight. They keep asking you here in there if you don't accept from the beginning. You can't move up when you want and you can never move down.

4. If you have power and you land a counter theres a good chance of that happening.

TheCheetah
09-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Honestly I haven't even really played career mode... Fight Night has Photo Game Face.. In which you can take a picture of yourself...Or use any picture and tweak it to where it looks just like you or the fighter you are trying to create. It's like 51 fighters on the game I believe and the limit goes up to either 88 or 90...Don't quote me on that cause I'm not entirely sure on the numbers game on that. I have two Vernon Forrests in two different weight classes, Two Paul Williams, and Two Mayweathers. They were all created... Nonetheless they look just like them though.

AntDawg
09-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Honestly I haven't even really played career mode... Fight Night has Photo Game Face.. In which you can take a picture of yourself...Or use any picture and tweak it to where it looks just like you or the fighter you are trying to create. It's like 51 fighters on the game I believe and the limit goes up to either 88 or 90...Don't quote me on that cause I'm not entirely sure on the numbers game on that. I have two Vernon Forrests in two different weight classes, Two Paul Williams, and Two Mayweathers. They were all created... Nonetheless they look just like them though.

I believe 87 is the max but most CAB's are 86.

AntDawg
09-27-2009, 04:55 PM
Some things are find annoying are the block counters which just seems so unrealistic...the footwork is bad on this game. Guys getting knocked down by phantom punches. Guys who just Spam the body online (I hear they fixed this but I'm not sure) Seeing the same knockdowns over and over again getting tiresome specially the fall into the ropes one. I also don't like the corner game....I have no idea why they put that in. Its still a fun entertaining game but its not much sim imo.

TheCheetah
09-27-2009, 04:56 PM
I was referring to the limit of created fighters you can have

AntDawg
09-27-2009, 04:59 PM
I was referring to the limit of created fighters you can have

Oh ok my bad :boxing:

L.Ellerbe
09-27-2009, 05:08 PM
thanks for the input guys...think thats prety cool that u have too p-wol's an 2 floyds..do they have different attire

also when you win a belt in career mode do u actually carry a belt or is it just like a moniker

also what is the arena situation..there isnt burger king written all over the canvas again is there

AntDawg
09-27-2009, 05:52 PM
thanks for the input guys...think thats prety cool that u have too p-wol's an 2 floyds..do they have different attire

also when you win a belt in career mode do u actually carry a belt or is it just like a moniker

also what is the arena situation..there isnt burger king written all over the canvas again is there
Your corner guys carry your belts when you enter the ring. No burger king this year. The arena's are ok but could be a lot better imo.

TintaBoricua
09-27-2009, 10:35 PM
The graphics are smoother than the PS3 and XBOX360 versions of FNR3...which were 30 fps, FNR3 PS2 and XBox were smoother.

Graphics are terrific, the models, trunks, gloves and mouthpieces and even robes are customizable.

When creating a fighter, if your last name happens to be in a list that is presented, you can pick it and the announcer will announce your last name when introducing you before the fight. It's cool as hell. :boxing:

Some people might say the graphics look a bit cartoony, and in comparison to FNR3, it might. FNR3 is photo-realistic, but it doesn't make Fight Night Round 4 any less impressive visually.

The knockdowns are terrific and so are the replays. Of course, there comes a point where you get bored of the same knockdowns, but that's only AFTER you've put in SEVERAL (and I mean SEVERAL hours) into the game. The knockdowns are much, much more entertaining than the ones in FNR3.

Getting up requires skill this time. The first one's a freebie, the second time requires a little effort, the third requires skill, and the getting up a fourth time requires pure steadiness with the analog sticks...if you get knocked down a fifth time, forget it. You WILL NOT be able to get up despite the game allowing you a chance. It's cool, adds drama if you're playing with a friend. However, I think the first Fight Night game was better when getting up from a knockdown. It allowed you to get up more times, even if it did get harder each time. Here, it gets harder, but at a certain point, it's just flat-out impossible to get up a fifth time.

After you get used to playing the game, you might want to try your chance at playing on G.O.A.T difficulty...learn to loathe the CPU when you flick a simple jab and the opponent does a lightning fast block, counters with straight right and puts you on queer street instantly...

The game allows for outside fighting and inside fighting, but there isn't a WORLD of difference in either two. Depending on the style you pick for your CAB, it gives you some specific statistical boosts before assigning points to each one of their attributes. For example, if you make a boxer who stands in a Sniper stance, he'll have more points assigned to Accuracy compared to one who has a Steady stance, etc.

Which brings me to my next point, there are more stances this time and more attributes, too. Before, there were eight: Power, Speed, Chin, Heart, Body, Cuts, Stamina, Agility.

Now you have all of the above PLUS: Punch Accuracy, Head Toughness (what's the difference compared to chin????), Body toughness, Swelling, Left Hand Power, Right Hand power and........I think that's it.

The arenas are more numerous than FNR3. FNR3's venues were very limited, this one has Mexico City Plaza, Aragon Ballroom, State Palace Theather, New York, Thomas and Mack, MGM Grand, Staples Center, Philippines, Windy City Boxing Gym, Another gym....etc, etc.

The game's great...

Freddy Krueger
09-27-2009, 11:05 PM
If you live in new jersey I'll sell you my copy for 12 bucks. Or could I get more money from gamestop? I don't even play my copy anymore, I don't really like the analog or button control schemes. I think fnr3 had better analog and button controls but I like the boxers more in fnr4. I just don't really play the game much anymore.

L.Ellerbe
09-28-2009, 11:35 AM
The graphics are smoother than the PS3 and XBOX360 versions of FNR3...which were 30 fps, FNR3 PS2 and XBox were smoother.

Graphics are terrific, the models, trunks, gloves and mouthpieces and even robes are customizable.

When creating a fighter, if your last name happens to be in a list that is presented, you can pick it and the announcer will announce your last name when introducing you before the fight. It's cool as hell. :boxing:

Some people might say the graphics look a bit cartoony, and in comparison to FNR3, it might. FNR3 is photo-realistic, but it doesn't make Fight Night Round 4 any less impressive visually.

The knockdowns are terrific and so are the replays. Of course, there comes a point where you get bored of the same knockdowns, but that's only AFTER you've put in SEVERAL (and I mean SEVERAL hours) into the game. The knockdowns are much, much more entertaining than the ones in FNR3.

Getting up requires skill this time. The first one's a freebie, the second time requires a little effort, the third requires skill, and the getting up a fourth time requires pure steadiness with the analog sticks...if you get knocked down a fifth time, forget it. You WILL NOT be able to get up despite the game allowing you a chance. It's cool, adds drama if you're playing with a friend. However, I think the first Fight Night game was better when getting up from a knockdown. It allowed you to get up more times, even if it did get harder each time. Here, it gets harder, but at a certain point, it's just flat-out impossible to get up a fifth time.

After you get used to playing the game, you might want to try your chance at playing on G.O.A.T difficulty...learn to loathe the CPU when you flick a simple jab and the opponent does a lightning fast block, counters with straight right and puts you on queer street instantly...

The game allows for outside fighting and inside fighting, but there isn't a WORLD of difference in either two. Depending on the style you pick for your CAB, it gives you some specific statistical boosts before assigning points to each one of their attributes. For example, if you make a boxer who stands in a Sniper stance, he'll have more points assigned to Accuracy compared to one who has a Steady stance, etc.

Which brings me to my next point, there are more stances this time and more attributes, too. Before, there were eight: Power, Speed, Chin, Heart, Body, Cuts, Stamina, Agility.

Now you have all of the above PLUS: Punch Accuracy, Head Toughness (what's the difference compared to chin????), Body toughness, Swelling, Left Hand Power, Right Hand power and........I think that's it.

The arenas are more numerous than FNR3. FNR3's venues were very limited, this one has Mexico City Plaza, Aragon Ballroom, State Palace Theather, New York, Thomas and Mack, MGM Grand, Staples Center, Philippines, Windy City Boxing Gym, Another gym....etc, etc.

The game's great...

lol great post thanks buddy

good to see the detail in the stats they ave enforced...was watchin a video of the producers breaking down the middleweights and seen all the different atrbutes...nice to see that its gets harder with every kd....WOW nice to see they have included MGM Grand in the areas the staples always looks cool and the thomas an mack is sweet

no mate i live in uk unfortunatey

#1Assassin
09-28-2009, 11:49 AM
great game, no doubt worth getting if u have a console already. if u dont its a hard decision, i decided not to. now a friend of mine wants to sell me his xbox360 so he can get a PS3, im thinking real hard about it.

anyone know if 140 bucks is a good deal for a used xbox 360 with like 5-6 games?

L.Ellerbe
09-28-2009, 12:45 PM
hell yeh !!

lol in all honesty it does sound a good deal

KESSLER
09-28-2009, 12:47 PM
I don' like it. But that's just me.

Idgas
09-28-2009, 05:00 PM
great game, no doubt worth getting if u have a console already. if u dont its a hard decision, i decided not to. now a friend of mine wants to sell me his xbox360 so he can get a PS3, im thinking real hard about it.

anyone know if 140 bucks is a good deal for a used xbox 360 with like 5-6 games?

console AND a handful of games for $140? take that that ****, man.

JmtRyan
09-28-2009, 05:40 PM
what games are they?

Also, fight night 4 is great, get it.

Yaman
09-29-2009, 10:28 AM
It took me a while to get used to it but now I find it great. It's a great improvement from the last game.

Joe2608
10-01-2009, 07:44 PM
It's an amazing game, very realistic. But if you suck at it you will hate it.

Prime 407
10-02-2009, 12:45 PM
It's good they put the button controls back in, in the latest patch.... was kinda frustrating using the sticks