View Full Version : Fight Night Help!

julDilla
03-14-2005, 05:49 PM
if you have questions about the game, you can ask them here im no expert but i know a lot about the game, from talking to the producer of the game to other gamers online, so if you need tips i'll try my best and help you out

I will keep editing this post, so if you have something that should be in this post reply in this thread, i'll post some of my strategies on how to win the trophies and my fighting style

NOTE: this thread is Under Construction

III. Cheats
III. Haymaker
III. Trophies

I. Cheats

Mini fighters
When chosing venue hold up on the d-pad until you hear a bell. When the match starts you will have both mini fighters.

Unlock Extra Boxer
Go to create a champ mode, enter your first or last name as GETFAB and save the profile. Go to Play Now or Hard Hits. Fabolous is now unlocked as a heavyweight boxer.

Unlock All Venues
In the Game Modes screen tap left 16 times until you hear a bell. you now have all venues. (Must be repeated everytime you restart the game).

II. Haymaker

EA Sports Fight Night Round 2
Punch Control Reference Card
by EASports

[/url][url="http://faqsmedia.ign.com/faqs/image/fightnight2_manual.jpg"]Haymaker Manual (http://faqsmedia.ign.com/faqs/image/fightnight2_manual.jpg)

Haymaker video (http://sports.ign.com/articles/579/579717p1.html?fromint=1)

III. Trophies

note- (this part will keep getting updated) To start go to options and put the diffulculty on easy.

Amateur Belt
This is by far the easiest title to win in the game. Amateur is like baby steps before you enter your pro career, the computer A.I. is easy to defeat. You will do 5 training sections in amateur mode to teach you the basics. OK, how to win the title, you will have to defeat 9 opponents, very easy fights. The 10th fight will be the amateur title bout, deafeat the easy champion and you got yourself your first title, Congrats.

Unclocks: Coming Soon

BadMagick
03-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Who is fabolous?

joeboxer
03-14-2005, 07:46 PM
How do you know the producer? If you talk to him again ask him why I can't put a face tatoo on my Tyson.

Although my Big George is perfect people. I need to get some screen shots out.

motiv
03-14-2005, 08:24 PM
Who is fabolous?

Fabolous is a rapper. Have you ever heard of that song Jennifer Lopez - Get Right (remix)? He's on that, as well as he has his own other songs, but i figured that might be the most current song you can hear him in. He's also the rapper on that tit-4-tat song in the menu screen in Fight Night.

The Golden Boy
03-14-2005, 08:30 PM
Is there 2 secret characters? If so who is the other one?

jpboxer3
03-14-2005, 08:36 PM
I just bought FN Rd2 today ;) .I find this thread quite helpful.

BadMagick
03-14-2005, 10:06 PM
The other secret fighter is Li'l Jon

Li'l Jon:
Enter Liljon as the first name of a created boxer. Save the created boxer and Li'l Jon will be unlocked under the light heavyweight roster.

julDilla
03-14-2005, 10:40 PM
The other secret fighter is Li'l Jon

Li'l Jon:
Enter Liljon as the first name of a created boxer. Save the created boxer and Li'l Jon will be unlocked under the light heavyweight roster.
what system is this cheat for, because it isnt working on the PS2 version

joeboxer
03-14-2005, 10:47 PM
He was kidding. Lil Jon would never pay the fee to be in the game. Which is just crazy that people have to pay to be in the game any way. If you ever talk to the producer again will you ask him about the face tatoo for my Tyson?

julDilla
03-14-2005, 10:51 PM
He was kidding. Lil Jon would never pay the fee to be in the game. Which is just crazy that people have to pay to be in the game any way. If you ever talk to the producer again will you ask him about the face tatoo for my Tyson?
Kudo is gone man, i havent talked to him in a while now. about the tattoo i doubt they will ever have it, yes wrestling games have it, but this is EA ... dont expect the face tattoo anytime soon.

boxernyc
03-14-2005, 10:54 PM

Pay a fee? The boxers pay a fee instead of getting paid for their likeness to be used? You're kidding right? That would explain why so many fighters are not willing to sign up. I figured obscure fighters would be happy to have millions of people see and possibly play as them over and pver again. It is great exposure.

julDilla
03-14-2005, 11:00 PM
Pay a fee? The boxers pay a fee instead of getting paid for their likeness to be used? You're kidding right? That would explain why so many fighters are not willing to sign up. I figured obscure fighters would be happy to have millions of people see and possibly play as them over and pver again. It is great exposure.
I think he was talking about the non boxers. EA has to pay and sign each boxer which can be a hassle. Rumors are that this game didnt do as well as expected in sales, so i dont know if were gonna get more boxers next year and maybe a game

joeboxer
03-14-2005, 11:03 PM
I think he was talking about the non boxers. EA has to pay and sign each boxer which can be a hassle. Rumors are that this game didnt do as well as expected in sales, so i dont know if were gonna get more boxers next year and maybe a game

That isn't true. Ea makes you pay to be in the game. Chris Bryd and Don King are in a big fight right now because Bryd owes Fight Night 250,000 dollars for being in the game. Chris thinks Don should pay it but Don is like **** no thats your buisness.

julDilla
03-14-2005, 11:04 PM
That isn't true. Ea makes you pay to be in the game. Chris Bryd and Don King are in a big fight right now because Bryd owes Fight Night 250,000 dollars for being in the game. Chris thinks Don should pay it but Don is like **** no thats your buisness.

LMAO HAHAHA

proof? link?

motiv
03-15-2005, 12:20 AM

I'm not sure if that's every case though. I don't think the league players have to pay (football, basketball). I also remember reading in XXL or The Source that EA/Def Jam was offering DMX 1 cent per game sold of Def Jam:Fight for NY, and he was complaining about it. But then again, that's rap, and this is boxing, so they might have to pay.

jpboxer3
03-15-2005, 12:27 AM
It's sad that every year MLB,NFL and NBA games can get every single player for their particular sport,but in boxing we cant even get 10 different new fighters from one year to the next.

Rick Reeno
03-15-2005, 12:37 AM

No, Fight Night is Byrd's co-promoter, not the video game. EA pays fighters to be in the game, they got sued by Alexis Arguello last year for using him without his permission or paying him any money.

BadMagick
03-15-2005, 01:25 AM
Well, I didn't try it, but it's supposed to work for the XBOX.

Also, yeah, EA has to pay likeness rights to all the boxers. They also have to pay fees for using their names, since so many copyright their names.

Arfan1
03-19-2005, 07:07 AM
thats, i really needed some more info on fight night especially cheats, Thanks, does any1 know how to make prince naseem, Thanks

Warden11
04-02-2005, 05:32 PM
Hopefully the next game will actually have someone that is fun to try and unlock instead a stupid Crappers

The Golden Boy
04-03-2005, 04:07 AM
No, Fight Night is Byrd's co-promoter, not the video game. EA pays fighters to be in the game, they got sued by Alexis Arguello last year for using him without his permission or paying him any money.

I heard this to but i don't get it because Arguello wasn't in last years game???

l2astaman
04-03-2005, 03:34 PM
I bought this game the day i came out i think it rules. I also was a diehard fight night 2004 fan i think this is a great follow up to already great game don't get me wrong making the transition from 04 version wasn't easy at first it took a little getting use to at first but after going through the career a few times i got the haymaker's and the combo's down like butter.

Although i like this game alot i think i may have a defective copy of the game :confused: Here is my problem this game works fine with career mode and all it is only when i play online when i go to quick fight why doesn't it let me choose the weight class? it always go's automaticly to middle weight in the first game fight night 2004 you could pick what class you wanted to be and it would it would match you up with someone who picked the same weight class. Also when i play online it won't let me load any of my custom boxer's it won't even give me the option i know that you can use custom boxers online because i have played other peoples custom boxers. Like i said I think i may have a defective copy oe something ?/? maybe some one who has played this game online could let me know if this is the way it is suppose to be or if I just have a **** copy like i think i do

BadMagick
04-03-2005, 08:48 PM
I bought this game the day i came out i think it rules. I also was a diehard fight night 2004 fan i think this is a great follow up to already great game don't get me wrong making the transition from 04 version wasn't easy at first it took a little getting use to at first but after going through the career a few times i got the haymaker's and the combo's down like butter.

Although i like this game alot i think i may have a defective copy of the game :confused: Here is my problem this game works fine with career mode and all it is only when i play online when i go to quick fight why doesn't it let me choose the weight class? it always go's automaticly to middle weight in the first game fight night 2004 you could pick what class you wanted to be and it would it would match you up with someone who picked the same weight class. Also when i play online it won't let me load any of my custom boxer's it won't even give me the option i know that you can use custom boxers online because i have played other peoples custom boxers. Like i said I think i may have a defective copy oe something ?/? maybe some one who has played this game online could let me know if this is the way it is suppose to be or if I just have a **** copy like i think i do

Without seeing it, it's hard to figure out the problem. In order to load your fighter you have to go to the career section, and load your profile. Suggestion: DO NOT make a single profile, you lose your other boxers by doing so. That might solve the online problem.

With the quick fight option, There is an option, I believe below the fighter option, for the weight class you want. It's been some time since I saw or played the game, and I don't have my own copy, so I can't really tell you exactly. Try scrolling down in the selection area, and you SHOULD find a weight class.

You don't have a defective copy, I can guarantee you that. If you've gone online, and you've fought quick fights, your copy is fine, you're just missing something. If it was defective, there'd be something wrong with the disc, not the programming. The programming is the same on every copy, and there is absolutely no way it's different, unless you somehow obtained a beta copy, or a demo (which are usually the same thing). This is not very likely, considering they PROBABLY don't produce the demo discs after the official copy is produced. If there were a disc problem it'd be something like freezing at certain spots, or inability to load, not missing options.

joeboxer
04-03-2005, 08:52 PM

Thanks Rick. I'm stupid.

manila_assasin
04-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Poud 4 pound can you post Codebreaker codes too?

BadMagick
04-04-2005, 08:07 PM
Poud 4 pound can you post Codebreaker codes too?

http://www.cmgsccc.com/ps2/index.php?id=5261

Lazy bastard. ^^ (that's a smiley)