View Full Version : Fighters who were know to cut alot of weight when there was still day of fight weigh

Joey Giardello
09-26-2009, 06:56 PM
in? who are they?

Mr Boxing9
09-26-2009, 07:06 PM
Carlos Monzon

Jake Lamotta

Emille Griffith when he fought Jose Napoles

Fighting Harada against Lionel Rose

GJC
09-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Duran must have shifted some tonnage throughout his career!

RightCross94
09-26-2009, 08:51 PM
Pretty much all of them

Gettin Jiggy
09-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Duran must have shifted some tonnage throughout his career!

how much was it duran had to cut the week before the hearns fight?

GJC
09-27-2009, 04:01 PM
how much was it duran had to cut the week before the hearns fight?
I remember hearing he was 200lbs+ when he signed for it.

BigMacFoster
09-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Lamotta used to blow up alot in weight inbetween fights in the same way a Ricky Hatton and Miguel Cotto would do so,but they you can't cut a significent amount of weight and rehydrate 15-20 pounds just 8-10 hours before a fight........you just can't.

Cotto and Margarito walk around at around 175-180 pounds,but even in the day before weigh in era they can't cut from that far out,only stupid wrestlers do that.

I remember hearing he was 200lbs+ when he signed for it.

Please don't tell me you believe that garbage that Duran and his followers spout?

Tommy didn't clout Duran hard enough.

GJC
09-27-2009, 07:16 PM
Please don't tell me you believe that garbage that Duran and his followers spout?

Tommy didn't clout Duran hard enough.

Yes I'm inclined to believe it, what makes you sure it is garbage?

BigMacFoster
09-27-2009, 08:04 PM
Yes I'm inclined to believe it, what makes you sure it is garbage?

Probably because Duran has an excuse for every loss he ever suffered.

I am sure you have heard of the boy who cried wolf? Same thing really,excuse after excuse and each time they have gotten more bizzare and more laughable.

Thomas Hearns broke his right hand during the first round against Hagler and gradually slipped out of the fight from there on,Hearns wasn't the one who came out with the fact that he had a broken hand either because he was never one to make excuses

Benncollinsaad
09-27-2009, 08:12 PM
Iran Barkley, but in his case it was more eye swellings and puffs. Seemed to get one in each bigger fight.

GJC
09-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Probably because Duran has an excuse for every loss he ever suffered.

I am sure you have heard of the boy who cried wolf? Same thing really,excuse after excuse and each time they have gotten more bizzare and more laughable.

Thomas Hearns broke his right hand during the first round against Hagler and gradually slipped out of the fight from there on,Hearns wasn't the one who came out with the fact that he had a broken hand either because he was never one to make excuses
Not really an excuse its his fault for not getting in condition.

BigMacFoster
09-27-2009, 08:17 PM
I don't think Hearns gave him a chance to really see where he was at in regards to conditioning.

mickey malone
09-28-2009, 05:05 AM
I doubt if there are too many fighters who shifted more weight than the former WBA featherweight champ, Euszebio Pedroza.. His love of food was legendary..
He lost the title to Barry McGuigan DC15, after coming down from 14 stone!!.. This was after a multitude of title defenses, between which he'd always go on massive eating binges.. Whatever he eat, must have been good stuff, as most of his fights went 15..

Eubank, Toney, De La Hoya & Leonard all lost tremendous amounts of weight.. Can remember Leonard coming from L/H to L/M to get bashed up by Terry Norris.. Never understood why he did that.. See someone mentioned Barkley.. Probably the biggest middleweight ever!

Joey Giardello
09-29-2009, 11:59 AM
I doubt if there are too many fighters who shifted more weight than the former WBA featherweight champ, Euszebio Pedroza.. His love of food was legendary..
He lost the title to Barry McGuigan DC15, after coming down from 14 stone!!.. This was after a multitude of title defenses, between which he'd always go on massive eating binges.. Whatever he eat, must have been good stuff, as most of his fights went 15..

Eubank, Toney, De La Hoya & Leonard all lost tremendous amounts of weight.. Can remember Leonard coming from L/H to L/M to get bashed up by Terry Norris.. Never understood why he did that.. See someone mentioned Barkley.. Probably the biggest middleweight ever!

Pedroza was a natural lightwelter the guy was 5 foot 9 with huge shoulders, can you believe he was once a bantamweight fighting for the title only to lose to one of the hardest punching liitle men zamora